User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 11 Feb 2003, 12:39   #1
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Transfer rate: 175KB/Sec

Janet's a bit slow today. Usually can get between 225 and 250.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 12:44   #2
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
if you want to make yourself feel better download off microsoft's site.

I''ve got almost 1Mb/s off that.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 12:47   #3
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Edinburgh uni is on janet?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 12:50   #4
ELeeming
Cultured

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
yep.
God Told Me To Do It
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 12:59   #5
Asper

Quote:
Janet Jackson???

I'm sorry is Janet some kinda provider with a wanky name or wut?
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 13:05   #6
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Asper
Janet Jackson???

I'm sorry is Janet some kinda provider with a wanky name or wut?
Joint Academic Network. All (afaik) the Unis in the UK are on it.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 13:11   #7
Asper

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
Joint Academic Network. All (afaik) the Unis in the UK are on it.
Ah that sounds a bit better

Network in the Netherlands still a bit fecked up atm, we had a big fire around the university in Utrecht

No idea what it's called tho, since I've stopped going to the university a while ago...

Any dutchies awake that could tell me? I'm curious now o_O
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 13:28   #8
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Network in the Netherlands still a bit fecked up atm, we had a big fire around the university in Utrecht
I presume you mean the university in Enschede. Afaik, the TU-Lab in Utrecht hasn't burned down in quite a while, and the network of the University Twente is a somewhat bigger one

Though now that you mention it, I can't recall what the network was called either :/
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 13:30   #9
Asper

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
I presume you mean the university in Enschede. Afaik, the TU-Lab in Utrecht hasn't burned down in quite a while, and the network of the University Twente is a somewhat bigger one

Though now that you mention it, I can't recall what the network was called either :/
Oh well I recalled there was a huge ass fire somewhere lol.

And I thought you were a student, you brainless turd should know what it's called like of all people blah.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 13:31   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
And I thought you were a student, you brainless turd should know what it's called like of all people blah.
To be honest, I don't think it has a special name, other than 'the UT network'. It was like one of the major centers for the distribution of warez, fs. Besides, I do a non-tech study in Amsterdam.

So bugger me if I'm not up to date with what all the university's around call their network systems. Maybe Structural Integrity knows, he goes to the Fontys there in the eastern part of the Netherlands.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 13:33   #11
Asper

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
To be honest, I don't think it has a special name, other than 'the UT network'. It was like one of the major centers for the distribution of warez, fs
EXACTLY that's why I'm so unhappeh that the network is a bit fecked up

I still need something else then winblows 98 se fyi
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 15:09   #12
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough
I got 1.92MB/sec off it yesterday. Which was nice.
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 15:15   #13
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
:C
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 15:23   #14
ELeeming
Cultured

Quote:
Originally posted by MrMighty
I got 1.92MB/sec off it yesterday. Which was nice.
we have 24 hour labs and if you are on at say 2 or 3 in the morning you can get upwards of 2.5 M/sec. but 250k is about the most you get during the day.
God Told Me To Do It
Synchronise Your Dogmas
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 15:39   #15
Gargle
drunk as usual.

Gargle is an unknown quantity at this point
i get only 1MB/sec with my home line major suckage.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 16:02   #16
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by ELeeming
yep.
hmm

Im sure it wasnt when I was there a few years ago, it had its own dedicated line or something. They must have changed it!
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 16:12   #17
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
from blueyonder and other 'fast' uk sites i get 990k/sec with JaNet.

from most other sites i get around 400k/sec

from kazaa i rarely exceed 10k/sec

goddamn kazaa bastards.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 16:35   #18
ELeeming
Cultured

Quote:
hmm

Im sure it wasnt when I was there a few years ago, it had its own dedicated line or something. They must have changed it!
it's janet now anyway

or the "public" access labs are anyway.
God Told Me To Do It
Synchronise Your Dogmas