User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 03:07   #1
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
I implore all you gamer geeks to do the following.

At the moment I am currently involved in the Closed Stress test beta of the North American World of Warcraft Servers. Now I know when there has been threads about what mmorpg to play here I've had a lot of input etc.

Can I just say that I really underestimated how much blizzard was about to set the precedence in the genre. It is utterly ****ing amazing for an MMORPG, if playing it wasn't a telling experience, the quantity of other users who have migrated over from FFXI, EverQuest and Ragnarok etc that are talking in the general chat rooms lauding how blizzard have got an mmorpg that spanks the pants off of mmorpg's that have been going for four years it's a testament in itself to it's quality.

Now the reason I write this thread,

I am informed that at the end of this month they are going to run a one week stress test closed beta for the European servers, I implore any of you that are wanting to dip your gaming hands into the waters of mmorpg gaming to get in on this immediately.

www.fileplanet.com I believe will be running the registration for it, and no you don't need to be a paying member to get a key, it's just that paying members are GURANTEED keys.. but there was certainly plenty going around for non paying members.

IF you want me to do a review of this game, give me till the end of this beta (this is in beta and it pisses hardily over every other mmorpg imo that is already p2p) to give a full review of how it plays, all I can say is not only am I sold on this game but even my new roomies are and there's been much queuing to play it on my pc (I only have the one key hence account for it) even a friend that hated what blizzard had done to the warcraft series with warcraft 3 is in love with it and describes it (as a 7 year experienced DungeonMaster) as the closest to an RPG as he's ever imagined and even defeats D&D'ing in many aspects, if there was a mod for it where he could set quests himself and stuff it would in fact replace D&D'ing for him.

Anyway.... I know glorification threads are usually recieved with slight derison but I hope that this will settle some issues and queries some people have about this genre that has become massively popular lately.

Only reason I have time to post here is that I had to reboot cause of a memory leak (hey it's a beta) anyway I'll try and check back on this thread but I prolly won't be posting here much or be back on irc till at least next thursday, then I'll prolly be bereft with grief.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote