User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 22 Nov 2008, 19:50   #1
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Why Rollback?

This is stupid. It has *much* less of an influence on the game for certain prods to have dropped than to cancel a whole night of attacks. Surely the best solution is to manually reinstate prod for those who *really* care, which won't be many people, rather than ****ing with practically everyone?

It's also not fair that I get roids (I think) because I landed 420 but someone who landed 422 doesn't. It's frankly stupid and if PATeam simply must roll back rather than do a bit of work they should cancel the whole day and reset to the tick at midnight when far fewer fleets were due to land and the damage to scoring integrity is not nearly so bad.

Rolling back to a point in the middle of attacks landing and recalling fleets is beyond moronic.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2008, 19:53   #2
Greendog
Royal Cheese Inspector

Greendog is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Why Rollback?

Too true, and now I will miss out on 3k Tarants from the salvage of a crashing attacker
Rd 31: Pilot Officer of The Duxford Wing 1:7:10 [F-Crew]
Rd 32: Question of Time 9:9:8 [Violent Realm]
Rd 33: Daydreams of Being a Cylon 8:3:7 [F-Crew]
Rd 34: 25ft Tall Dog of Calvins imagination 4:9:11 [F-Crew]
Rd 35: Teh return of of Teh Dog 8:6:7 [F-Crew]
Greendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2008, 19:55   #3
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

I can even accept the rollback, but recalling all fleets is insane, cancels the whole night of attacking (except for those landing very early) and the planning which has gone into it.

Make the game accessable some hours before tick restart tomorrow and dont recall anything.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2008, 19:55   #4
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Its the fleet recall which i think is awful. Why should someone who actually got roided get another chance?
Also if fleets are recalled why the hell arnt we going to tick now, surely the 24 hour wait is to put everyone on the same playing field at the point of where it was?

What fun is it when it starts ticking tommorow. Middle of the day everyone has fleets home. Lets all sit and collect res for another 12 hours before fleets are launched shall we? *sigh*

Roll back is a stupid idea, people who cared about their hidden prod enough i agree should have it put back in.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2008, 20:05   #5
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Or hell, recall all eta 5+ fleets and open the game now.. If you dont check between now and tommorows first tick then its your own fault if you crash... everyone else has fleets home to do as they wish.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2008, 20:26   #6
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

restarting the game now would be awfull.
think lots of players are taking a PA "offday" now.

but the rollback shouldn't have happened.
lost of people i know are prolly going to miss out on salvage from crahes now.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2008, 20:33   #7
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

This is retarded in every sense of the word. I know of 5 people in my alliance alone who had landed awesome fake attacks, which a rollback completely screws over, and to recall fleets, means you mess over everyone elses attacks, just because some prod dropped? Thats just dumb.

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2008, 20:55   #8
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh View Post
Or hell, recall all eta 5+ fleets and open the game now.. If you dont check between now and tommorows first tick then its your own fault if you crash... everyone else has fleets home to do as they wish.
There's a pretty obvious flaw in that idea...
Unread 22 Nov 2008, 21:00   #9
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
This is stupid. It has *much* less of an influence on the game for certain prods to have dropped than to cancel a whole night of attacks. Surely the best solution is to manually reinstate prod for those who *really* care, which won't be many people, rather than ****ing with practically everyone?

It's also not fair that I get roids (I think) because I landed 420 but someone who landed 422 doesn't. It's frankly stupid and if PATeam simply must roll back rather than do a bit of work they should cancel the whole day and reset to the tick at midnight when far fewer fleets were due to land and the damage to scoring integrity is not nearly so bad.

Rolling back to a point in the middle of attacks landing and recalling fleets is beyond moronic.
I gotta agree.... Roll back to midnight!
Unread 22 Nov 2008, 21:03   #10
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I managed to pick an excellent day to be away

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2008, 21:03   #11
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

No rollback at all imo!
Unread 22 Nov 2008, 21:08   #12
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
I can even accept the rollback, but recalling all fleets is insane, cancels the whole night of attacking (except for those landing very early) and the planning which has gone into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh View Post
Its the fleet recall which i think is awful. Why should someone who actually got roided get another chance?

What fun is it when it starts ticking tommorow. Middle of the day everyone has fleets home. Lets all sit and collect res for another 12 hours before fleets are launched shall we? *sigh*

Roll back is a stupid idea, people who cared about their hidden prod enough i agree should have it put back in.

Or hell, recall all eta 5+ fleets
Posting in agreement with the above.

Last edited by ellonweb; 22 Nov 2008 at 21:39.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2008, 21:21   #13
Tharky
Pointless discussions

Tharky is an unknown quantity at this point

this is so PA. no wonder the community is so small. A rollback occurs almost every rnd (hey, we even have a policy about this matter) I would expect the PA team to come up with a better solution than this.

Somewhat i can agree that the policy is there, and normally should be followed. But in this special scenario, the policy will end up bad for half the universe.
Rolling back to a tick where some alliances alrdy landed, and others are about to in the coming ticks, and then recall fleets r just totally insane and wrong in so many ways!

Why not rollback to 00.00 gmt or a few ticks sooner, a time when most of the active PA community got their fleets at base anyways. As it is now, some that alrdy have landed a raid will actually have one more night of attacking than others.

I still dont understand why the current rollback to 12.30 GMt requires a fullscale recall of fleets.... almost 24 hour notice should be enough for everyone to do what they were supposed to be4 12.30 today? or if not, freeze it another day.

lets contine monday at 12.30 GMT with no recall of fleets!
who would mind that? A day without planetarion is worth continuing where we left off....

Tharky
Unread 22 Nov 2008, 21:34   #14
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

ASS, currently in a position fight with HR
ASS gained 1646 roids from attack landing T522 & T523 (and T524 never happened)
HR gained gained 1373 roids from attack landing T520 & T521

instead of streching ASSs advantage through a good attack, this pointless and totally unprecedented 'fleet recall', HR gain an advantage.

reset to midnight if you have too, still dont see the reason, can only be a handful of planets affected, they should be able to modify each account within 24hrs

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2008, 22:14   #15
Inforza
Holland is GVD het HARDST

Inforza is an unknown quantity at this point

venox is so gonna laugh at me that this happened when i was eta1 on capping free roids from him

WP SiN eXilition 1up CT SubH Ascendancy Apprime
Inforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2008, 22:24   #16
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

Recalling fleets is the height of stupidity

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2008, 23:11   #17
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The problem with not recalling eta 4 and below fleets - what about those who wanted to recall, attack or defence? Some people will be definitely capping roids, others won't.

Unfortunately in situations like this there has to be a consistent procedure, or otherwise PA team are going to be charged with bias one way or the other. Ultimately, a rollback based on arbitrary criteria is a decent way to run the game, even if it does leave some people feeling slightly cheated. Whichever way you rollback, don't rollback whatever, someone is going to be upset. Ultimately you have to accept that these are the rules and sometimes practicality comes ahead of fairness.

Whatever policy you go for you can't win, the fact that we have one is pretty commendable.
Unread 22 Nov 2008, 23:14   #18
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
Posting in agreement with the above.
Recalling eta 5+ fleets would, as previously stated, be utterly retarded. Outgoing fleets could be caught into uncovered incoming. No change should kill existing fleet.
Unread 23 Nov 2008, 00:21   #19
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
The problem with not recalling eta 4 and below fleets - what about those who wanted to recall, attack or defence? Some people will be definitely capping roids, others won't.

Unfortunately in situations like this there has to be a consistent procedure, or otherwise PA team are going to be charged with bias one way or the other. Ultimately, a rollback based on arbitrary criteria is a decent way to run the game, even if it does leave some people feeling slightly cheated. Whichever way you rollback, don't rollback whatever, someone is going to be upset. Ultimately you have to accept that these are the rules and sometimes practicality comes ahead of fairness.

Whatever policy you go for you can't win, the fact that we have one is pretty commendable.
Well put.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2008, 01:13   #20
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

a policy where they roll back to midnight when least planets are affected and neither alliance gains a big advantage.

Rollback to where some alliances have cap'd and some havent is completly wrong.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2008, 01:26   #21
TheMaster
TheMaster

TheMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Policy is a baseline put in place to allow fairness and to avoid bias. The bug did not effect everyone in the game, and to have a cut off point at 12.00 GMT does not promote fairness. You may argue luck of the draw, attacking early you get the roids and get your fleet home instantly. However practically this is not acceptable in a competitive environment one nights over roiding your opposing alliance could be crucial. The bug was a random event and could not be forseen, but surly common sense not to ruin a round is the best option.

Personally I think the best approach to the situation is to open logins at 8/9GMT and the game ticks at 13.00GMT. The reason for this is for people going to work on sunday and not allowing for pa access, so can recall their own fleets or leave it to land at their own will before work. Yes people who are over eta 5 will be at a disadvantage, but some may still land attacks as they would have done, allowing people to keep their mission on track at their own will. Those who landed after the bug with fake fleets etc will probably have to recall attacks or risk the land again. This is better than a compulsory recall as your fleets may be able to land still. All in all i think this makes it fair for all parties making the best of a bad situation. Recalling ALL fleets back to base instantly is not a viable option in my eyes as the repercussions would be drastic on the alliance war tides.
Unread 23 Nov 2008, 02:51   #22
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Not much to think atm when many people are only motivated by their own gains/losses rather than the game mechanics as a whole.
There's only 1 thing to do: applying the rules.
Changing the rules should be discussed between rounds, if they are that bad why no post was made before (rollback + recall has been in place for quite some time) ?
Unread 23 Nov 2008, 02:55   #23
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
Not much to think atm when many people are only motivated by their own gains/losses rather than the game mechanics as a whole.
Changing the rules should be discussed between rounds, if they are that bad why no post was made before (rollback + recall has been in place for quite some time) ?
Yes but the problem is the rollback is going to the wrong tick. It should be rollbacked to before any alliance has landed, not when half have landed and half havent.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2008, 03:49   #24
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Rollback to a earlier tick or no rollback at all. The current rollback tick gives (a few) alliances advantages attack-wise. I can't believe PAteam will make such a decision, as it's stupid and it will allow for a accusations of corruption.
Unread 23 Nov 2008, 04:00   #25
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellKicker View Post
Rollback to a earlier tick or no rollback at all. The current rollback tick gives (a few) alliances advantages attack-wise. I can't believe PAteam will make such a decision, as it's stupid and it will allow for a accusations of corruption.
There are rules set for an unsheduled downtime. Those are being followed.

If it affects on or the other dosn't mather, thats how it is.

If someone gains an advantage, thats fine, maybe next time some other will.
Unread 23 Nov 2008, 04:05   #26
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
The problem is how they choose to apply their policies; which is, historically speaking, quite arbitrary. The last 2 rollbacks have not involved a fleet recall. The last time fleet was recalled was many many rounds ago. Even though their policy states they will recall fleets and wait 24 hours, they don't usually do it. Even this time, its not 24 hours.

So talk about applying the rules, based on history, does not apply. (and please dont turn this into a personal post. Just pointing out the history behind the current situation.)

And to note, if you look at the people complaining, its almost every single alliance. Listening to the players for once might be a novel idea.
Unread 23 Nov 2008, 04:11   #27
TheMaster
TheMaster

TheMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

This isnt being followed. The game was closed at 16:00GMT. The game is being restarted at 13:00GMT. That is not 24hrs! It is better that the tick matches with the time for the roll back, but I guess its better; that way so the procedure changed?... Use your heads, this issue has lots of the pa community pissed off.

''Funnily enough, it's almost 15 rounds old.''

I don't think statements like this help the cause either as lots of people are losing score for the planning of attacks that simply wont happen; whilst they have been roided with no retaliation or chance to get roids back. Procedure cannot be followed in all circumstances, as it causes bias. A resolution benefiting the majority of people is best. At the moment lots of people are losing out on missed attacks, either roll back so all alliance attacks dont happen, or let them all happen and no recall. A 12:00gmt cut off just doesn't cut it.
Unread 23 Nov 2008, 04:14   #28
Gruff
Nature Boy!

Gruff is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG...what a load of minge!

R2 guy here...and it's getting worse and worse. How can rules be used as of when it suits the PA Team, (not beating down the team, they do an ok job) but for anyone to do better in anything, consistency is a major factor. Don't pick and choose and piss off the players (your customers) as it's a real gash manouver business wise.

Get it sorted! Freeze fix problem, roll back if a must...recalling is altering the roll back...am i the only only that see's it this way?
Gruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2008, 04:16   #29
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire View Post

Rules aren't being followed properly. Corruption or stupidity?
Unread 23 Nov 2008, 04:41   #30
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire View Post

As I said on the other thread, the rules aren't being followed as the formal rules for this situation do not exist. This isn't an Unscheduled downtime, its actually closer to a scheduled one. Its also not the informal policy that's been in place in terms of bugs for 31 rounds until today which is a Cest Le Vie policy with compensation in the worst cases

Of the clauses on the downtime procedure the closest we get to this situation is the Netgamers downtime one. This deals with a decision being made to stop the game due to a problem that doesn't cripple peoples ability to access the game. That clause has no rollback to it.

There was room for some time to have been taken and a smart decision made. That wasn't done and we now have a troubling precedent set
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2008, 05:16   #31
Vistion
RL PALS WITH TRUMP

Vistion can only hope to improve

now to think of things on the other side, some people are fortunate, or dont care about it as they had recalls or fleets landing on them, or had fleets landing on them and there production dropped, i understand that can be fixed and some allys got an extra night of attacks. but do you mean to tell me no one has the confidence out there that they can get some roids back? or this was the last attacks they were gonna land all round? i mean really on a large scale this will only play as big a role as you let it. it should not be used as a crutch or excuse for anything imo. those skilled players are that exactly, skilled players and will always come out on-top by there competitive drive. use this as motivation if you feel you have been done wrong, and get a good night sleep ffs.

Signing Off
Vistion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2008, 08:25   #32
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Recalling all fleets to avoid crashes, is the most fair solution u can find.

Obviously the game should be brought back to the point the bug occured or were noticed the first time.

The mines you can cap back the next day.

Alltho weather the bug were too hard to fix manually, rather than do a rollback is another thing. Or if it affected too greatly or not.

Last edited by Ave; 23 Nov 2008 at 09:32.
Ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2008, 12:45   #33
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
a policy where they roll back to midnight when least planets are affected and neither alliance gains a big advantage.

Rollback to where some alliances have cap'd and some havent is completly wrong.
When fleets launch is irrelevant. Ultimately your proposal could affect an endgame type situation where an alliance decides to inflict incoming round the clock on someone else to sleep deprive them into submission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master
Policy is a baseline put in place to allow fairness and to avoid bias. The bug did not effect everyone in the game, and to have a cut off point at 12.00 GMT does not promote fairness. You may argue luck of the draw, attacking early you get the roids and get your fleet home instantly. However practically this is not acceptable in a competitive environment one nights over roiding your opposing alliance could be crucial. The bug was a random event and could not be forseen, but surly common sense not to ruin a round is the best option.
If people are admitting defeat after one night of incoming, then I think you probably deserve to lose anyway. Again, my point above is that people attack all the time. The ticks might have stopped at a time convenient to most people but someone would have been caught out under your proposal. Unfortunately no one can account for ticks stopping and you have to accept that occasionally, the server breaks down.

Quote:
Personally I think the best approach to the situation is to open logins at 8/9GMT and the game ticks at 13.00GMT. The reason for this is for people going to work on sunday and not allowing for pa access, so can recall their own fleets or leave it to land at their own will before work.
Sensible people launch fleets according to whether they are going to be on to recall if necessary. What about people who are busy all day on Sunday? Who made plans on Sunday? Who work on Sunday? Again people are going to be unfairly affected by your proposal.

Quote:
Yes people who are over eta 5 will be at a disadvantage, but some may still land attacks as they would have done, allowing people to keep their mission on track at their own will. Those who landed after the bug with fake fleets etc will probably have to recall attacks or risk the land again. This is better than a compulsory recall as your fleets may be able to land still. All in all i think this makes it fair for all parties making the best of a bad situation. Recalling ALL fleets back to base instantly is not a viable option in my eyes as the repercussions would be drastic on the alliance war tides.
Alliance wars should be irrelevant when it comes to administrating a game - that would be clearly biased. You have to accept that this is a 24 hour game and people launch according to their convenience and don't necessarily play PA to a daily routine - even those with high activity will not be on at X time religiously or take days off where they aren't paying so much attention. Recalling all fleets to base is by far the fairest option. Regardless of outcome, its far better to recall everyone, as losing fleets is far more terminal than not gaining roids.

Procedure follows, controversy results. It's pretty funny really.