User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Nov 2003, 16:49   #1
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Current Economic Growth

How can i find the current economic growth of countries?
For instance the German and French econmies have just grown by 0.2 or something %.

Is there like a webby i can just get all this data and compare?

BoE & National stat webby doesn't seem to have :O.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 17:17   #2
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Current Economic Growth

its hard to compare this data anyway, since everyone uses diffrent statistics. all you can say is that the us grows faster than france and germany, but now how much. the us currently uses some VERY creative ideas of statistics.
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 17:24   #3
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

I heard on the radio today that the UK has the world's fourth strongest economy.

How I laughed.
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 17:26   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayonara
I heard on the radio today that the UK has the world's fourth strongest economy.

How I laughed.
The stupid people criticising barnado's for making themselves noticed? (5 live)
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 17:27   #5
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

Same thing, but Radio 2.
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 17:29   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Same thing, but Radio 2.
'I think it's sick that these people should use the suffering of others to further their own needs! Anyway, poor people get more than enough from social security!'

My favourite one was the 'poor person' saying that giving money to charity is a bad thing because she's never got any money from them, and that social security isn't enough.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 17:29   #7
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

How I laughed.
nevertheless its ture. beeing the largest or 2nd, 3rd or 4th largest economy on earth doesnt mean you cant have economical problems though.
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 17:31   #8
sayonara
Shai Halud

It didn't make me laugh because I thought it was untrue, it made me laugh because I was thinking "Of course we ****ing have - taxes are staggeringly high and everything costs a fortune".
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 17:56   #9
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

watch biznews on bbc news 24 at insane hours of the night, they usually have a bit on it
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 17:59   #10
wu_trax

on the topic:
maybe you can find something here
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 00:16   #11
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd recommend The Economist, http://www.economist.co.uk/countries/ might help.

The print edition has tables in the back.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 00:22   #12
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
I have all the economic statistics in front of me, what did you want exactly?
What's a good price for a haircut?
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 00:25   #13
inf
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
What's a good price for a haircut?
I'll do it for free*.
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 00:37   #14
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
I have all the economic statistics in front of me, what did you want exactly?
UK, US, German, Irish, Spanish and French growth.
And ta inf i'll get the economist.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 01:02   #15
inf
Banned

it depends how you want to measure economic growth, but it has various economic indicators including change of GDP.
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 01:08   #16
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of

What do you mean with "current economic growth of countries"?

GDP, GNP, total, per capita?
Which methodology (Atlas, Purchasing power parity)?

Try this

The last BIP-growth data I have is from 4/2002:

Germany: -0.1
GB: 1.3
USA: 1.4
France: 0.9
Entium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 01:11   #17
inf
Banned

Also, I'll look on our intranet site for the economic indicator data tommorow.
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 01:15   #18
inf
Banned

Also, you might want to check for data from the ECB.
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 09:37   #19
wu_trax

with this strange 'if everything stays as it was in the last quater for a whole year'-method used by the usa, the us had an anual growth rate of 7.2% in the last quater. for germany and france it was 0.8 -1.0%.
not sure if we yet use the also strange 'a computer became 30-times faster in the last year, so lets take 30 times of its actual value to calculate the growthrate'-method, inveted by the US.