User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Dec 2004, 23:53   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Mobile Phones

These threads come around pretty regularly but it's my turn now *shrug*

I DESPISE mobiles but ive come to the conclusion that i probably need one.

Now because ive deliberately distanced myself from the whole gay culture of owning a mobile i have very little clue about what i should be "going for".

So ...

"What network should i go for?"

"What phones are good?"

"I like the look of nokia's ... are there any problems with them?"

I dont envisage using the phone an awful lot so pay as you go is prolly my best bet but i'm not sure.

Anyways if someone like rids (or anyone else for that matter) could give me a "clue" id be greatful.
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 00:30   #2
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Mobile Phones

I have a phone. tbh I hardly use it. 8510i.

I would say Orange are a good network. Not had a problem yet. I am no expert on mobiles, if it can phone/text then thats all I need it to do. All this stuff like downloading ring tones is a waste of money.

Mobiles can vibrate.
Blixxard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 00:32   #3
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Just get one with a cheap network.
Yeah Nokia phones are quite good. Some people call them boring though. I don't.
Everyone makes a bit song and dance about it all, but for the love of God it's just a phone.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 01:05   #4
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm thinking of getting this one

Any problems with it ?

Also can you buy "texts" (eg 50/100/200 a month or whatever)?
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 01:08   #5
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Yeah my friend has that, it seems cool.
I'd go for a contract that has a certain number of text inclusive personally.

You could just goto a phone shop in your town and ask them questions.

Edit: My contract has 500 minutes inclusive and 100 texts. I sometimes send more than 100 texts and never use my 500 minutes up. And that's 30 quid a month. I normally spent more than that on a pay as you go phone if I was using it freely.

Last edited by Weeks; 19 Dec 2004 at 01:14.
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 01:27   #6
Dace
so f*cking zen

What phone do you have?
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 01:33   #7
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you won't be using your phone much the PAYG is your best bet.
Tesco Mobile seemed pretty good for low users last time I looked.
Nokias are easy to use and widely available. They may not be the cheapest phones around though.
Steer clear of Sagem and Motorola - I don't like them.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 01:37   #8
Weeks
Banned

I have the LG 8120. It's ok, but it recently broke So LG/Three are coming to fix it.
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 01:37   #9
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
If you won't be using your phone much the PAYG is your best bet.

Yeah i was thinking that but by the time you take into consideration the cost of buying the phone i'd prolly actually be better off going contract *shrug*
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 02:00   #10
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

the 6230 is basicaly a smaller version of the nokia 6600 which is the phone i've had/have for a year and what i regrad as the best nokia phone ( bar the 6630 which is my new phone )

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 02:16   #11
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

hijack: should i replace my 7250i with a 6230?
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 02:25   #12
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In addition, i fooking hate mobiles, have one that's 4 years old, and want to replace it with a new one, and intend to keep the same tariff etc (hopefully i can just chuck the SIM card in?)

I don't use phones much, i just want one that's cheap, looks decent, and i'm not fussed if it has camera or not, though might consider it if it's a complete bargain.
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 02:33   #13
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
I'm thinking of getting this one

Any problems with it ?

"It has a built-in VGA (Video Graphics Adaptor) digital camera, video recorder and player so you can relive the moment again and again for a few seconds "

Dace , they can and will use those clips to find the bodies afterwards.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 02:49   #14
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

You can ask me (or Rids). With being the Number 1 salesman at Phones4U this weekend, I can advise you on the best deals around.

It all really depends on what you really want. If you want a (free) Nokia phone, spend around £30p/m, get 200mins cross-networks & anytime then I suggest get the Nokia 6230 on T-Mobile. At the moment, Phones4U are doing half-price line rental for 6 months if you sign up before Xmas Eve. You don't get free texts in the tariff but you can get a text bundle for like £3-5 for an additional 50-100 texts.
To be honest, all phones on T-Mobile before Xmas are free.

In my opinion, T-Mobile can be a bit of a bastard with network coverage. They're not as great as Vodafone and O2. You can get a good phone with either network primarily the Sony Ericsson k700i being the ideal thing. The phone's free on an O2 tariff of £30p/m which gives you 200 mins + 50 texts (the first three months are doubled to 400 mins + 100 texts, after that it goes down to normal).

Then there's the network 3. IT is shit if you live anywhere outside of London (although it should be running smoothly on most major cities in the UK). The only good thing about 3 is they give you loads of minutes and texts for exactly the same price as the ones O2 and T-Mobile and Vodafone are offering. Check this: 500 mins + 100 texts, £30 p/m. At the moment, they're doing half-price for whatever X number of months (depending on the P4U store you go to). This weekend, my store is doing 5 months FREE line rental on this tariff. There is one tariff every Phones4U are doing and this is £25p/m for 500mins only and for the first 6 months it's £4.99 (text bundle is an additional of £5 for 75 texts).
As for phones on 3, the LG U8120 is the decent thing that is definitely free. But then again so is this Motorola E1000 which is cool as it has an mp3 player and bluetooth connectivity.

If you fail on most of the network's credit check, you might as well get yourself a Pay As You Go phone.

EDIT: To answer your question about the 6230, no problems at all. Most of the managers around the area that I work have one and are absolutely pleased with it.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 02:50   #15
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
hijack: should i replace my 7250i with a 6230?
Definitely. What are you still doing with that shit phone?
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 03:08   #16
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
Definitely. What are you still doing with that shit phone?
tbh, i like it sure it hasn't got bluetooth or anything but it's still not that bad. anyway, i will probably get a 6230 after Xmas, hopefully it'll be cheaper
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 03:18   #17
macros69
Um....... Macros

macros69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont know about the phone but go for 3 . They are the cheapest - Honestly if anybody says otherwise find me evidence i bet you cant , oh and if you want evidence ill give you the links to the sites
macros69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 03:19   #18
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
tbh, i like it sure it hasn't got bluetooth or anything but it's still not that bad. anyway, i will probably get a 6230 after Xmas, hopefully it'll be cheaper
I honestly don't think it'll get any cheaper after Xmas for some long time.

P.S. Picture quality is the same on both phones. Sony Ericsson's are better
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 03:29   #19
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

oi Blastoderm has ur shop got any nokia 6630's in vodaphone is the only place i've seen that sell's them sofar

DM.
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 03:31   #20
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

Quote:
Either:

1) Virgin pay monthly,

2) Nothing.

In that order.
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 03:33   #21
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

virgin r shit

DM.
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 03:43   #22
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

go for the network most of your friends are on?
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 05:24   #23
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
If you fail on most of the network's credit check, you might as well get yourself a Pay As You Go phone.

Why would i fail a credit check (i have £450 on my credit card and am in the black on my account)?*

*i missed a standing order payment this month tho ... is that liable to **** me in the ass (Kura)?
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 05:52   #24
Spiderman

Quote:
These threads come around pretty regularly but it's my turn now *shrug*

Now because ive deliberately distanced myself from the whole gay culture of owning a mobile i have very little clue about what i should be "going for".

So ...

"What phones are good?"

"I like the look of nokia's ... are there any problems with them?"

I dont envisage using the phone an awful lot so pay as you go is prolly my best bet but i'm not sure.

Anyways if someone like rids (or anyone else for that matter) could give me a "clue" id be greatful.

I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that you don't have a mobile phone. How old are you?
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 06:08   #25
Dace
so f*cking zen

BTW is it possible for me to go on a tariff and then buy an additional txt package at a later date or do i have to do it all at the start?
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 06:09   #26
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that you don't have a mobile phone. How old are you?

I'll be 24 in about 3 weeks time.
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 06:11   #27
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
"It has a built-in VGA (Video Graphics Adaptor) digital camera, video recorder and player so you can relive the moment again and again for a few seconds "

Dace , they can and will use those clips to find the bodies afterwards.

not if i dig deep enough they wont
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 06:36   #28
Spiderman

Quote:
I'll be 24 in about 3 weeks time.
How have you coped so far? I get so annoyed when I want to get in touch with people who are out and about and their phones are off or on silent.
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 12:57   #29
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
How have you coped so far? I get so annoyed when I want to get in touch with people who are out and about and their phones are off or on silent.
Did you know, the world actually existed before mobile phones were around!
Amazing isn't it!

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 13:10   #30
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Yeah i was thinking that but by the time you take into consideration the cost of buying the phone i'd prolly actually be better off going contract *shrug*
It really depends on how good a phone you want.
You can get a Sony Ericsson T610 (which i really liked as a phone) on PAYG for £90.
If you really don't care about the phone (and just want one that's easy to use and works) - a Nokia 3410 for £40. Or if you want one with a camera in - Nokia 7250i for £80.from Tesco:
Quote:
Pay as you go - flat rate tariff for all UK calls all day*
Save up to 50% on calls to other mobile networks**
Half price calls and texts to your 3 favourite standard UK mobile or fixed-line numbers
Earn Clubcard points every time you top-up
Top-up at over 50,000 locations
Reliable network coverage from our partner O2 FREE DELIVERY - Mobile's ordered before 12pm delivered the next working day by Royal Mail Special Delivery.
So 20p/min calls - 10p per text (to anyone)
to your 3 favourite numbers: 10p/min calls - 5p per text
http://www.tescomobile.com/index.aspx

After comparing against a few other PAYG ones that one is very good if you aren't going to use it much.

How about buying a second hand phone and then doing a sim-only deal? That will cost you even less.
O2 do decent sim-only stuff.

You really have to decide - 1) How much you will use it
2) Do you care what phone you have
3) How much are you prepared to spend

Unread 19 Dec 2004, 13:19   #31
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:

i'd like it more if you'd had come to that conclusion 6 months ago...but i'm curious, what convinced you now?
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 13:44   #32
Narcissius

Narcissius is on a distinguished road

I bought Nokia 6230 a week ago
I did it because its fairly cheap (in norway (1000 NK = 95£))
It got a good radio
You can easily make it a mp3 player [edit: it actually is a mp3 player since it comes with a 32MB mmc card at least in norway) , just buy a mmc card I think you can use 1 Gb if you wanna
It can handle a fall to the ground since its compact and doesnt have a big screen
It has a ok camera
It got bluetooth and infrared (irda), and its fairly fast
It got a good build in loadspeaker and a ok handsfree comes with the phone
The battery last longer than most phones, mostly due that the screen is not so big.
Its not too flashy

You dont buy it if you need to have the cutting edge of cameraphones (its ok but not the best)
If you need to have a big screen
If you need to have a show off phone

If you buy a Nokia 6230 you get a good phone for a decent price.

Last edited by Narcissius; 19 Dec 2004 at 13:57.
Narcissius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 14:18   #33
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathjam|wee
virgin r shit
In what way are they "shit"?

I have been with them for nearly five years (i.e. since the beginning), and during that time I have saved about 50% compared to you contract muppets, and watched with growing amusement as the mobile phone sales packages contort Offtel and Offcom's rules more and more while the companies screw you all.

I am quite happy with the network that gives me all the same services, the same coverage, and charges much, much less, and I like the fact that they never hassle me. Ever.

I used to try and get people to move to Virgin whenever they came into work complaining about how Orange/O2/Vodafone etc had screwed them over, but they never do - they just "upgrade" and keep moaning. So now I just laugh at 'em.

Hear that? I'm laughing. I wonder how much money Virgin have given me back on my bill this month?
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 14:23   #34
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

O2 do a deal where you top up the phone with ten quid of credit each month and you get 300 free texts. At the end of the month it charges you for texts again, stick another 10 quid on and you have 300 free again. Is an option if you intend to go PAYG, use less than 10 quid a month on calls and use a lot of texts.

Every so often they give away the sim cards for free but you can buy them for a tenner from their website i think. (This info may all be out of date but fairly sure they still do it)
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 15:16   #35
Spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Did you know, the world actually existed before mobile phones were around!
Amazing isn't it!
Interestingly, the world also existed before email was around - but not 1 person in the western world can cope without it.
The reason for this, is like mobile phones - it only works if no-one has one, or everyone has one.
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 15:40   #36
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Quote:
You can ask me (or Rids). With being the Number 1 salesman at Phones4U this weekend, I can advise you on the best deals around.

If you want a (free) Nokia phone, spend around £30p/m, get 200mins cross-networks & anytime then I suggest get the Nokia 6230 on T-Mobile.
#1 salesman doesn't mean you're the best advisor.

Or you can get it on Vodafone - exact same deal - http://www.vodafone-i.co.uk/live/2g_phones.html - why? Better support & reception basically

Also, you're wrong on the 3 reception being shit outside of London. It's shit everywhere. I had it for 3 months while moving between C. London, Greater London and Bristol - shit coverage all the way throughout. Their network suffers from low intensity signals hitting interference iirc.

Overall, O2 is best for PAUG and Vodafone for PM.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 16:16   #37
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Quote:

Yep, on Orange you can buy 50 texts for £4, 150 texts for £8 or 400 texts for £12 and they last for 1 month. Not sure about other networks but I imagine they have the same sort of thing. Although on O2 I think you get a ridiculous amount of texts free every month anyway.
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 16:43   #38
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
i'd like it more if you'd had come to that conclusion 6 months ago...but i'm curious, what convinced you now?

I finished work for 2 1/2 weeks on Friday.

Exchanging phone numbers with people.

Gave one of the girls my (flat) number and she was like:

"it's just gonna be engaged 'cause you'll be on the internet all the time isnt it?"

Which is true.

Was also thinking about girls in general.

It seems to me alot of flirting is done by text these days so ...
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 16:50   #39
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
It really depends on how good a phone you want.
You can get a Sony Ericsson T610 (which i really liked as a phone) on PAYG for £90.
If you really don't care about the phone (and just want one that's easy to use and works) - a Nokia 3410 for £40. Or if you want one with a camera in - Nokia 7250i for £80.from Tesco:

So 20p/min calls - 10p per text (to anyone)
to your 3 favourite numbers: 10p/min calls - 5p per text
http://www.tescomobile.com/index.aspx

After comparing against a few other PAYG ones that one is very good if you aren't going to use it much.

How about buying a second hand phone and then doing a sim-only deal? That will cost you even less.
O2 do decent sim-only stuff.

You really have to decide - 1) How much you will use it
2) Do you care what phone you have
3) How much are you prepared to spend

If i get that vodaphone deal on the 6230 it works out at about £18 a month (without the hassle of having to pay out alot money up front on a phone).

Thanks for the advice tho.

:up:
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 16:53   #40
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
If i get that vodaphone deal on the 6230 it works out at about £18 a month (without the hassle of having to pay out alot money up front on a phone).
£18 a month? Is that on the 12 month contract or 18 month contract online? I'm currently signed up to the 18th month online contract and it's only costing me £15 a month for 100 xnet anytime mins & 50 texts
----------retired-------
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 16:56   #41
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
£18 a month? Is that on the 12 month contract or 18 month contract online? I'm currently signed up to the 18th month online contract and it's only costing me £15 a month for 100 xnet anytime mins & 50 texts :)

It's a 12 month contract

200 mins xnet anytime.

No txts tho.
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 17:02   #42
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Ah! I thought you were refering to the 100mins xnet ;o Hehe

That's an ultra deal ;o
----------retired-------
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 17:04   #43
Dace
so f*cking zen

:)
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 17:07   #44
Androme
☆ ♥ 

:(

I wonder if Rids could sort us out with an extra special deal being a VDF dude :) :) :)
----------retired-------
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 17:10   #45
Dace
so f*cking zen

Rids ohhhh Rids where for art tho Rids?
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 17:16   #46
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Someone page Rids to thread #182260

^^ holly shit, I wonder how many of those threads aren't shit :(
----------retired-------
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 17:19   #47
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Interestingly, the world also existed before email was around - but not 1 person in the western world can cope without it.
Do you actually live in the real world?
Most of the Western world could easily live without email. Including me! I suppose I'd have to find alternative places to find offers for Penis Enlargement pills but I'm sure I'd cope!
I mean ffs quite a high percentage of this country don't even have a computer, let alone Internet.
Email is useful, as are Mobiles, but they aren't essential.

In fact thinking about it - there isn't a single thing regarding emails that I really need. They help to keep in contact with people but I could always phone them if I wanted to.

Unread 19 Dec 2004, 17:21   #48
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Do you actually live in the real world?
There's a "What we still don't know" program series ending tonight on Channel 4 tonight - this last program will be exploring the topic "Are we real?". Just some randomess for you :)
----------retired-------
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 17:24   #49
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
There's a "What we still don't know" program series ending tonight on Channel 4 tonight - this last program will be exploring the topic "Are we real?". Just some randomess for you
Yeh saw that!
heh, hopefully it's not a specific religous thing.
I remember watching the Matrix and the Truman show consecutively and getting VERY paranoid...
Sometimes things are just a little too perfect...

Unread 19 Dec 2004, 17:35   #50
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Yeh saw that!
heh, hopefully it's not a specific religous thing.
I remember watching the Matrix and the Truman show consecutively and getting VERY paranoid...
Sometimes things are just a little too perfect...
I only saw the episode about whether we're alone or not !
----------retired-------