User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 1 Dec 2004, 13:38   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Unwritten Rule

In seminars at Uni, if someone is giving a presentation, and they finish you applaud etc, then the seminar leader asks if anyone has any questions, I always thought and many others like me that you help out youre fellow student and dont ask any awkward or difficult questions, sure an easy one but difficult!!!!

Anyway point is today I gave a presentation, and this twat in my class, asked me a very specific question, luckily I had read past recommended reading and was able to answer it, he then preceded to ask me more questions, while the class stood silent, while I answered. Now its not that he wanted to know the answer, he had to know the answer to ask the question the fact is hes just a spiteful cnut I think.

Anyway who else has the same "Unwriiten rule"?
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 13:42   #2
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: The Unwritten Rule

hell no. I was always the spiteful cnut who used to sit there asking pointed questions.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 13:47   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

We've always had an agreement to just sit there stare blankly and ask no questions. The only person to ever ask questions is the tutor.

Everyone should now bombard your 'mate' with tough questions .
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 13:53   #4
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

The unwritten, unspoken rule in presentations is that one always ruthlessly exploits the silence of other students to show that one is more informed.

Except I just wrote it down, so now the cat is out of the bag.
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 14:04   #5
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You turn up for presentations? Jesus.
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 14:07   #6
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
In seminars at Uni, if someone is giving a presentation, and they finish you applaud etc, then the seminar leader asks if anyone has any questions, I always thought and many others like me that you help out youre fellow student and dont ask any awkward or difficult questions, sure an easy one but difficult!!!!

Anyway point is today I gave a presentation, and this twat in my class, asked me a very specific question, luckily I had read past recommended reading and was able to answer it, he then preceded to ask me more questions, while the class stood silent, while I answered. Now its not that he wanted to know the answer, he had to know the answer to ask the question the fact is hes just a spiteful cnut I think.

Do you know where he lives ? Go round to his house and crucify his rabbit. It SHOULD get the point across nicely.

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 14:11   #7
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

if i want to know something more i ask questions

at a uni lecture being given by a fellow student in order for him/her to pass a section of the course
i doubt very much i would be interested enough in the topic to ask any questions

arent more self respecting students asleep during such things?
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 14:31   #8
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

He sounds like he wanted to show he was intelligent by testing you with more questions. I've seen people like it, it's quite pathetic.
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 15:27   #9
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
He sounds like he wanted to show he was intelligent by testing you with more questions. I've seen people like it, it's quite pathetic.
well hes the know they guy who thinks he knows it all, and sucks up to our lecturer which is a bit pathetic, but what was rather comic was in the Lecture he hung his coat up at the back, a phone went off, the lecturer got pissed off and demanded to know whos phone it was, you guessed it was his...I call it Karma.
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 15:34   #10
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
well hes the know they guy who thinks he knows it all, and sucks up to our lecturer which is a bit pathetic, but what was rather comic was in the Lecture he hung his coat up at the back, a phone went off, the lecturer got pissed off and demanded to know whos phone it was, you guessed it was his...I call it Karma.

I call it "only fags have mobiles".

The future of the human race looks uncertain.

And by "uncertain" i mean "doomed"
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 15:35   #11
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
well hes the know they guy who
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 15:39   #12
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i have only ever asked a question or multiple questions when its someone i know. i make it a point to have a large arguement with anyone i know in seminars.

however i dont know anyone in them anymore :-((((

last year was ace. Kate and i just used to argue non stop about all sorts of stupid shit. it made the seminar pass faster.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 17:19   #13
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

I always ask the exact 1 question the person doing the presentation doesn't know to answer without looking through whatever stuff he brought with him, like when a guy was doing a piece on guns, I asked him what the recommended procedure was when a certain specific gun he was talking about was to jam.

In this case the weapon in question was an AR-15/M16 (version 1) and the only way (that I knew of) would have been to remove the upper part of the weapon, clear the barrel and chamber and cycle the rest of the stuff back into position. He had to look it up in the book he brought :P

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 17:27   #14
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

You're really clever.
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 17:57   #15
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

also : guns are cool
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 20:05   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's much easier to have to answer one or two easy questions than just facing silence. I personally like it when people ask questions, it gives me more chance for public speaking. Besides, if someone asks something stupid just say "Shut up, I don't care." That generally get's a giggle.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 20:14   #17
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
It's much easier to have to answer one or two easy questions than just facing silence. I personally like it when people ask questions, it gives me more chance for public speaking. Besides, if someone asks something stupid just say "Shut up, I don't care." That generally get's a giggle.
I dont mind questions either, but not specific questions where they are asked not in the way it can start a debate, but in a way to make the person asking them look better. In this case, easy questions werent fired at me :/ but i still made it through. I remember I was standing there for an hour, by the end of it my legs hurt, the lecturer quite comically came up to me and said "Well done, are going for a ciggarette now?" I replied with thanks, yes so he joined me, a fellow smoker hopefully ore kudos points.
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 20:15   #18
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
I always ask the exact 1 question the person doing the presentation doesn't know to answer without looking through whatever stuff he brought with him, like when a guy was doing a piece on guns, I asked him what the recommended procedure was when a certain specific gun he was talking about was to jam.

In this case the weapon in question was an AR-15/M16 (version 1) and the only way (that I knew of) would have been to remove the upper part of the weapon, clear the barrel and chamber and cycle the rest of the stuff back into position. He had to look it up in the book he brought :P
your so cool it makes me jealous.
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 20:16   #19
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
I did that once in my uni. I rocked with the students. But not with the lecturers.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 05:58   #20
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe he doesn't like the fact you hang out with arab chicks, tell me is he white, #1 haircut? Wears leather jackets and denim jeans all the time?

Could be on to something here.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 11:44   #21
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Last time I did a presentation I had 3 lecturers asking me questions on it
They weren't nice.

One girl in my year did her presentation last year and half the department staff turned up to watch it. They all ended up arguing with each other instead of asking questions about her project. She was a genious though - managed to average 90+% over 3 years. Won all sorts of awards. Bitch.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 11:53   #22
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

Surely you plant questions?!?? my friends and i almost spent as long planning the questions (and answers) and who'd ask them as we did on the presentation, especially with lecturers who felt compelled to ask if noone else did and especially if they're cnuts who decide to test just how much attention you were paying during the course.
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 12:07   #23
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusselt
Surely you plant questions?!?? my friends and i almost spent as long planning the questions (and answers) and who'd ask them as we did on the presentation, especially with lecturers who felt compelled to ask if noone else did and especially if they're cnuts who decide to test just how much attention you were paying during the course.
That's a good idea actually.

We always just sat there blankly obeying the law that since you wouldn't like to get grilled, then dont grill anyone else.

There's always some stupid twat who messes things up though. Always asking questions.

We had one in our class, he always ALWAYS asked questions. Thing was,no-one would have minded if they were smart or coherent, but nope!

He asked lecturers, tutors, lab people, students, passing tourists etc.
Eventually the lecturers we had in 4th year used to just talk over him and not actually listen or answer any of his questions. Quite funny.

My sympathies though. Nail his puppy to this door and see if he asks any qyestions again!
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 14:47   #24
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:

• Remove magazine
  • pull working parts to the rear
  • tilt on side and shake and hit until clear
  • replace magazine
  • working parts forward ansd carry on firing
is all that's required to clear a bloackage in an SA80 *shrug*
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 17:08   #25
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
is all that's required to clear a bloackage in an SA80 *shrug*
Shame you have to do it every time before you fire.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 17:17   #26
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
That'll come in handy on a daily basis, I bet?!
What course do you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Maybe he doesn't like the fact you hang out with arab chicks, tell me is he white, #1 haircut? Wears leather jackets and denim jeans all the time?

I like the way Sunday remembers people individually and picks up on their moments when they open up their heart and ask for advice, to use against them at a later date when being cutting and just plain mean.

(bitter about the drink driving posts against me? me? no)
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 17:25   #27
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like it how the mean barbs generally aren't even mean, just completely random like it's some sort of Eliza chat program.

"So, tell me, does the....[drink driving charge / losing job recently / sexual incident with goat ] relate to your question about Linux on the desktop in anyway?"
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 17:34   #28
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I asked him what the recommended procedure was when a certain specific gun he was talking about was to jam.
Easy
  • Switch to flashbang
  • Throw flashbang
  • Shoot terrorist with Glock 18
  • Pick up dead terrorists' AK-47
  • Shoot other terrorists

COUNTER TERRORISTS WIN!

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 19:08   #29
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig

Perhaps he's was really interested?
Anyway, what I've learned it's no shame if you can't answer a question during a presentation. You just say "I don't know". Some thing you just can't know.
I don't know what education you're following, but you can't know everything. I worked on projects at school of which I didn't know the details of anymore by the time I gave the presentation (software engineering I did) and if someone asked me specific question about it I couldn't answer I'd just tell them I didn't know and offered them to look it up after the presentation. Being/looking professional is more than only knowing the correct answer. It's also being able to deal with questions you can't answer. Lying or making things up is the WORST thing you can do because it makes you look like a tit when someone corrects you during the presentation. It also affects your credibility.

But to get back to the original question, no, there was no unwritten rule. It was more a sport to ask interesting and difficult in-depth questions. Not to make someone look stupid, but more because there was a genuine interest in the topic.
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 19:27   #30
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Surely the point of asking questions in a seminar is not to quiz your fellow student but to increase your understanding with help from the fellow students and the teacher.

People who ask questions just to belittle other people show they have fundamental personality flaws.

Except in cases where you want to see if the other person comes to a certain conclusion after looking at certain points which you raise. Which kind of fits into the first reason.

As the profits Slitknot stated People are shit.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 20:53   #31
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
Surely the point of asking questions in a seminar is not to quiz your fellow student but to increase your understanding with help from the fellow students and the teacher.

People who ask questions just to belittle other people show they have fundamental personality flaws.

Except in cases where you want to see if the other person comes to a certain conclusion after looking at certain points which you raise. Which kind of fits into the first reason.

As the profits Slipknot stated People = shit.
Fixed unless you did it on purpose...
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 21:00   #32
Dante Hicks
Clerk

He did do it on purpose.

Anyway, as the speaker you have a great amount of power. You can easily ridicule the person asking a question as I mention. Simply hold a vote : "Who thinks that was a stupid question" or something. Most people are willing to be part of an unsympathetic mob.
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 21:22   #33
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm

you have hit the nail on the head there

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeks

I agree that asking questions is good and it sparks debate, but normally when its a graded presentation, if some1 asks a question which you dont know, then you will be marked down, this guy did it on purpose and like I said earlier in order to ask the question he had to know the answer, which defeats the object really :/ If the seminar leader wanted to ask me fine, its his/hers job too and I will oblige to full effect.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 02:14   #34
Tomkat

Quote:
I like it how the mean barbs generally aren't even mean, just completely random like it's some sort of Eliza chat program.

"So, tell me, does the....[drink driving charge / losing job recently / sexual incident with goat ] relate to your question about Linux on the desktop in anyway?"
He's lovable really, isn't he?