User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 20 Aug 2004, 10:51   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Sodding Natwest

I had to get a new cashcard, as my old one was... suspended, due to me being an ass with funds.

So it was apparently sent last Wednesday. They said it'd take 5 days to arrive. It's now 9 days later, and still no card.

It wouldn't be such a big deal if I wasn't in Jersey. Because this place is classed as "offshore", banks in England can't access the accounts here (even if they're Natwest too), and the ones here can't access English accounts.
I have to go to someone, get them to phone someone in England, get them to authorise my funds, then send a fax with the authorisation, which I then take to a cashier. It can take about 45 minutes.

So I'm annoyed with Natwest. I'm going to Malta on Tuesday, and leaving on Sunday, so I won't have a cashcard there. ****ing brilliant.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 11:00   #2
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Sodding Natwest

You gotta love banks, but this is what you lot get for living on your little tax haven. Bastards.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 11:02   #3
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't even earn enough money for the tax haven to benefit me
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 11:05   #4
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Wait, so you were an ass and irresponsible with your finances and the bank cancelled your card, it is now the banks fault you no longer have the cashcard you'll need in an upcoming holiday?

This rates slightly below the whole drink driving thread.

Did you miss every branch on the common sense and tact tree?
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 12:25   #5
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I'm an 1/8th Maltese.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 12:29   #6
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneED
I'm an 1/8th Maltese.
Did your grandfather have sex with a chocolate then?
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 12:33   #7
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Wait, so you were an ass and irresponsible with your finances and the bank cancelled your card, it is now the banks fault you no longer have the cashcard you'll need in an upcoming holiday?
Well whose fault is it that his new card hasn't arrived yet? The bank or the postal service are the only two options that I can think of.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 12:42   #8
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
Did your grandfather have sex with a chocolate then?
No, he was the Malteser.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 12:47   #9
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
No, he was the Malteser.
Y'know teasing grain is a punishable offence in some European countries.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 12:50   #10
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
Y'know teasing grain is a punishable offence in some European countries.
Though unfortunately , not this one.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 13:00   #11
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm

This rates slightly below the whole drink driving thread.

Did you miss every branch on the common sense and tact tree?
I know perfectly well that my finances were my problem. Now that it's resolved though I'm back to being a customer of the bank, and I was hoping I'd get some decent-ish service. That's my complaint.

Your point lacks validity - you're saying that I should only make morally sound threads? Of course I've done things that are wrong - we all have. I just have no issue talking about it on the net to people - I don't see the point in hiding them.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 13:09   #12
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I know perfectly well that my finances were my problem. Now that it's resolved though I'm back to being a customer of the bank, and I was hoping I'd get some decent-ish service. That's my complaint.

Your point lacks validity - you're saying that I should only make morally sound threads? Of course I've done things that are wrong - we all have. I just have no issue talking about it on the net to people - I don't see the point in hiding them.
Your scoring on the internal banking system has been lowered by your previous misdemeanours. As such, your priority for things such as new cards/chequebooks is lowered and you can expect these to be delivered by 2nd class post rather than courier, and to receive only minimal account options for the next 12-18 months whilst you rebuild said score.

You can go massively overdrawn all the time as long as you stay within your limit, and your credit score within the bank goes up all the time. If you were however to go over that limit once or twice, you lose points, and theyre seriously hard to get back.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 13:11   #13
Tomkat

Yeah, I went over the overdraft limit. Oh.

I didn't know there was a "scoring system". I guess the fact I'm overseas didn't help with the 2nd class post.

Hmm.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 13:27   #14
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

Banks give you troble all the time. Im with HSBC, not had much trouble yet apart from that scottish woman on the phone when i was trying to get my account up and running.
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 13:48   #15
Tomkat

Flirting with the operators on the phone is the win.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 13:52   #16
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Until you find out they are 50 years old with a hygine problem...

and that was my sig.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 14:00   #17
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
You know...

Quote:
So I'm annoyed with Natwest.
...there is another way.

Well someone had to say it
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 14:03   #18
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

No they didnt

and that was my sig.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 14:10   #19
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpig #1
No they didnt
You need to watch more television.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 14:11   #20
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

You need to get out more

and that was my sig.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 17:11   #21
Tomkat

I appreciated it Sayonara <3
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 02:04   #22
sayonara
Shai Halud

Quote:
I appreciated it Sayonara <3
Huzzah <3
My mum always said if you can make one person smile on an internet forum, you probably won't go to hell.

Despite the long dread experience of GD I am simply going to assume someone also got the irony of "you need to watch more TV". Clearly Superpig lacks the sophistication required to spot something like that.
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 02:22   #23
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

*ahem*

and that was my sig.
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 11:15   #24
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I'm an 1/8th Maltese.
3/4

do i win?
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 12:41   #25
Tomkat

What language do they speak in Malta?

I should know these things but hey.

Oh, the cashcard arrived today, so things are fantastic and Natwest are great
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 13:08   #26
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

LMAO. Have a good holiday anyway.

and that was my sig.
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 13:49   #27
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
What language do they speak in Malta?

I should know these things but hey.

Oh, the cashcard arrived today, so things are fantastic and Natwest are great
Maltese and English (to a good standard), you will have no problems at all. I've never had a language problem when i've been there.
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 17:27   #28
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've been to Malta (and Gozo).

There's alot of churches.

ALOT of churches!
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 19:04   #29
Tomkat

Are there many hot chicks?
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 19:55   #30
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Are there many hot chicks?
the last time i went there were many hot foreign language students but it is the wrong time of year for that.
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 21:18   #31
Tomkat

My avatar sure does rock.