User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Jul 2004, 06:22   #1
Alunan

Alunan is infamous around these partsAlunan is infamous around these partsAlunan is infamous around these parts
US to postpone elections - The Last Straw

Thats it, its over. If they postpone the election I am going to riot. This is so obviously heading towards a dictatorship, even the moderates see it. Only the religious right could be so freaKing blind. I like how the white house gets to define how long and what qualifies as a 'terrorist attack or threat'. This is just wrong, and no one in the Republic with half a brain will stand for it.

This wouldn't even be mentioned if it wasn't for Spain.
Alunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 06:56   #2
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: US to postpone elections - The Last Straw

I thought you might be seriously overreacting again so I checked; sure enough, you are.

Quote:
Brian Roehrkasse, a spokesman for [Homeland Security Secretary Tom] Ridge, said he was "unaware of any efforts to make plans for postponing the election."
Quote:
On CNN, President Bush's national security adviser Condoleezza Rice said, "I don't know where the idea that there might be some postponement of elections comes from."
[edit]I propose we hold the election two days early!
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 08:05   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: US to postpone elections - The Last Straw

You're worse than QDS. Lets all laugh at the moron!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 08:12   #4
Alunan

Alunan is infamous around these partsAlunan is infamous around these partsAlunan is infamous around these parts

Yeah, kind of like where the idea for invading Iraq, or fixing oil prices in October. Or all the other stuff they don't where it comes from but always ends up connected to them somehow.
Alunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 08:31   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunan
Yeah, kind of like where the idea for invading Iraq, or fixing oil prices in October. Or all the other stuff they don't where it comes from but always ends up connected to them somehow.
Every time I've seen a quote from Bush or any other member his of his government they've always been denying they invaded Iraq.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 08:47   #6
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

"In the last election, less than 50% of the population voted. I have taken this to mean that the general public are not interested in democracy, and from now on, all elections will be cancelled"

G. W. Bush.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 12:30   #7
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Alunan, do you actually think about any of this, or do you simply create a scenario in your mind from small snippets of truth and then post here?

I'm not meaning to be harsh, simply to offer advice.

You post varying lengths of articles, usually about issues you see in the US Administration, and then try to create something of a discussion from this. Now, judging by the replies you tend to get, your arguments are neither informative, appealing or interesting.

I'd make the suggestion of firstly posting more frequently in other threads, to give us all an idea of your personality and then asking yourself if it's warranted to post threads on subjects as you have been.

I'm sure you've seen that we all love a nice debate/argument* about politics and world issues, but read through some of the previous threads on this sort of topic and analyse the differences between yours and those.

I think you'll be both suprised and your discussions more accepted.

Just my two pence.

*Requires Sunday/MrL involvement
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 12:34   #8
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

Aren't we supposed to take the opposite of everything Condoleezza Rice says as being the truth?
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 12:36   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You should declare a snap election two days in advance and not give the terrorists time to act!
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 12:49   #10
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

All area's of the country that are democrat strongholds are under threat from terrorists and so all democrats, for their own saftey, will not be allowed to enter a polling station, open a postal vote envelope or otherwise speak,complain or breathe.

This opression is brought to you via John Ashcroft's Patriot Act. Invading your privacy for our own personal entertainment since 2001.

By the way, I didn't know this till now, but the USA PATRIOT Act stands for "Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism".

I wonder if there's a US Dept. of Acroynms.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 12:53   #11
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
Act stands for "Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism".

I wonder if there's a US Dept. of Acroynms.

After that one, they should all be on death row.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 15:08   #12
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
I thought you might be seriously overreacting again so I checked; sure enough, you are.
Quote:
Brian Roehrkasse, a spokesman for [Homeland Security Secretary Tom] Ridge, said he was "unaware of any efforts to make plans for postponing the election."
Tom "Nobody Tells Me Anything!!" Ridge in "Nobody told me that!" SHOCKA!

Quote:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- U.S. officials have discussed the idea of postponing Election Day in the event of a terrorist attack on or about that day, a Homeland Security Department spokesman said Sunday.
Quote:
Newsweek said the discussions about whether the November 2 election could be postponed started with a recent letter to Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge from DeForest Soaries Jr., chairman of the U.S. Election Assistance Commission.

The commission was set up after the disputed 2000 presidential vote to help states deal with logistical problems in their elections.

Soaries, who was appointed by President Bush, expressed concern that no federal agency had the authority to postpone an election and asked Ridge to ask Congress to give his commission such power.
Quote:
Republican Rep. Christopher Cox of California, said on "Late Edition" that he sees Ridge's request as part of a prudent effort to plan for "doomsday scenarios."

"We don't have any intelligence to suggest that it is going to happen, but we're preparing for all of these contingencies now," Cox said.

"So what Secretary Ridge has asked the Justice Department to do is, 'Give me a legal memo, tell me what will be necessary. Do we need to go to Congress and get legislation?' "

but the bottom line is, if kerry won terrorists would take over the world.

hell, in lots of countries the prime minister calls elections. i don't see what the problem is.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 15:14   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When terrorists nuke Washington I severely hope elections are cancelled. Genghis Khan would probably be elected at that point.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 15:16   #14
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
When terrorists nuke Washington I severely hope elections are cancelled. Genghis Khan would probably be elected at that point.
ghengis khan or the next ronald regan?
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 15:19   #15
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
ghengis khan or the next ronald regan?
Maybe some hybrid of both, created in a lab, destined to rule on a throne of human skulls.
Sounds like Chenys plans after the election actually
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 15:28   #16
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

Shhh
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 15:32   #17
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Hehe
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 16:01   #18
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

i agree