User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 May 2006, 21:42   #1
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
A call for mature posting

Some starting principles:

1) GD is a discussion forum
2) A discussion forum is a place where people interact
3) This interaction is achieved by debate/discussion
4) Brief statements of indisputable fact do not permit debate
5) Without debate interaction ceases, threads go unread and forum membership dries up

These simple principles are the reasons why certain threads should be considered by all responsible users to be unacceptable.

For the sake of clarity we can call these undesirable threads ‘action threads’. They have a simple format which is usually “X happened to me” as thread title and then either a repetition of this statement or a mere ‘smiley’ for the main body of the first post. These threads then elicit a series of identical replies.

Identical responses are boring to read. Indeed I’m sure we can be grown up enough to admit that we only ever glance at the responses of others, if that. To put it in simple words: there is nothing to say in these threads. They are the online equivalent of pouring your heart out to the check-out girl in Tesco. She has nothing she can possibly say in response and you make the people standing behind you move to another aisle.

The online effect is however potentially far worse. Instead of grumbling and moving to another aisle readers simply stop reading the boards. Even worse you run the risk of encouraging others to do it.

What we are considering is the nature of quality. Quality is what made GD great. However quality requires effort. If you are lazy or irresponsible you can be tempted to post an ‘action thread’. What I personally find most annoying is that it is the people who post in this way who are the first to claim “GD is dying”.

GD is not dying. But if we continue to act in this lazy and irresponsible way we risk being guilty of murdering it.

Now. All that was a bit heavy so to lighten things up here are a few suggestions for awful thread titles:

I just had sex again – Pig
Today I got a letter from my Sister – Sigrid
Yahwe Explains … Anticipatory Repudiatory Breach and its role in Commercial Contracts
I love my girlfriend and we’re getting married – Dace
I just had sex again – Ste
I’ve given up Alcohol – JBG
Why the Plymouth Brethren are Right – Traveler
I’ve stopped taking the Pills – s|k
How accountancy is fun – Stew
I’m moving to London – Koen
I’m now fully healed - Tomkat
Unread 21 May 2006, 21:51   #2
vampy
bound & gagged

vampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud of
Re: A call for mature posting

you need to get laid

<3<3<3

e.v.o.l.v.e
vampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2006, 21:52   #3
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

this weekend i had 2 BBQ's at the hockeyclub, got a ball on my lip and more wounds on my knee.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2006, 21:53   #4
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampy
you need to get laid

<3<3<3
Vampy has a valid point. Go out, get drunk, shag something.

This kind of obsession is not healthy :s

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2006, 21:55   #5
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i completely agree, it's threads like this one there itself where indisputable facts (or the apparent belief of one to be as such) and where discussion is so broadly permissable and forthcoming posts in reply to this thread which aren't at all gaoing to be forseeable in content or the poster, is exactly what this forum needs.

(ps what was the last 'quality' thread this forum had hosted? in yahwe's opinion like this, no subtext behind this query, i'm just wondering how you define quality)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2006, 21:56   #6
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koen
got a ball on my lip
The cock was in your mouth presumably?
Unread 21 May 2006, 21:59   #7
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

oh and you missed "A call for mature posting - Yahwe" off you list of awful titles

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2006, 22:01   #8
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I wasn't intending on making a thread to tell everyone I'm fully healed

In fact, I've never made a thread remarking on my health!
Unread 21 May 2006, 22:05   #9
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
In fact, I've never made a thread remarking on my health!
That's because others do it for you
Unread 21 May 2006, 22:10   #10
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
Yahwe Explains … Anticipatory Repudiatory Breach and its role in Commercial Contracts

Actually, I could probably do with this. My Sale of Goods exam is on 2nd June so if you could make it sharpish please
Unread 21 May 2006, 22:14   #11
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
The cock was in your mouth presumably?
no it was a hockeyball.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2006, 22:18   #12
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Some starting principles:
You should have a deep sincere look at your own recent forum behaviour before trying to lecture others about it.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2006, 22:23   #13
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

'let he who is free of sin cast the first stone' is not always a good ideology to live by.
Unread 21 May 2006, 22:37   #14
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you question my dedication to trying (perhaps not succeeding) but at least trying to post quality threads then please do a search on 'threads started by user'.

If anyone wants to argue in favour of what I call 'action threads' then please do.

Did what I say above needed to be said?

Probably.

Would it have had a better reception coming from someone who wasn't me?

Probably.

Would anyone else have taken the time and effort and actually posted this? Especially when they knew the storm of neg reps it would generate?

Probably not.
Unread 21 May 2006, 22:48   #15
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampy
you need to get laid

<3<3<3
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2006, 22:58   #16
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

well i was gonna post a thread about the threesome I had last night.
oh and the very attractive 17 year old I met.

but now I won't bother

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2006, 23:11   #17
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
well i was gonna post a thread about the threesome I had last night.
oh and the very attractive 17 year old I met.

but now I won't bother
There's always PB...
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 00:05   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
You can't organise GD, you just go with the ebb and flow. I find that the small amount of effort I have put in has been returned ten-fold.

If you want intelligent debate then continue to do what you, Dante, JBG et al have been doing for years, ie hijacking other people's threads and forcibly raising the standard of discussion.
The only thing I raised is your mother's skirt before I ****ed her in the ass.

Or was that you in the french maid's outfit? :((((((((((
Unread 22 May 2006, 03:23   #19
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

You take GD too seriously

What you need is a good cock!
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 03:33   #20
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe, as this thread's title
A call for mature posting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe, as the first reply to the Eurovision thread
no

one

cares

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 03:40   #21
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I agree with yahwe and I apologise.

I used to post shite threads about girls and stuff. When in reality this lead to absolutely no where. Yahwe pulled me up one day and told me that not only was it fairly boring to read as sex isnt particularly new to him it is also a one ended thread. What can people do other than go "wow your great, wish I was like you" or "im suprised you havent been arrested for rape yet".

Just to add he said stuff about your personal life can be saved for a blog, which people can read and reply to. He pointed out that Dante and T&F were talking about me with him about my threads and that I should reserve them for my blog. It kicked my arse as all three users I hold in high regard and the fact that the quality of my posts were so bad, they were talking about it. But ultimately it was good they had this conversation as I hope it will change things.

Now although my threads are shite, at the back of my mind (which is slowly coming to the front) is that I should be posting discussion, being witty, comic, having an opinion and not just posting oh lol.

This was also reinforced by nod a few days back, I posted a thread titled "emo or chav", nodrog on irc said I somehow managed to post a thread which could have lead to great discussion but somehow I managed to leave to a simple chav or emo answer. I realised my mistake and rectified the problem, unfortunately it may have been a little too late.

I think posting is a two way curve. I put this down to a certain extent to reputation points. On the one hand you get rep for threads where you are witty, intelligent and comic. However you can also get rep for threads where you arent and people are just repping for the sake of it. Unless im drunk I now wont rep people for the sake of repping. However my main gripe is neg repping. Now dont get me wrong im not whining about the rep system, I have more reputation points than anyone, what I am annoyed about is that rep isnt used properly.

What I am talking about is for example a rep like this

" I like painting 12 May 2006 12:35 ergh you again"

Now as I said I dont care about when im being negrepped, but if the rep was changed and said something along the lines of

" I like painting 12 May 2006 12:35 Your grammar is poor, you dont have an opinion, lack of debate etc. Yahwe"

I could look at that and go ok. I need to improve my grammer, spark debate and have more of an opinion. If I feel the need to I can pm yahwe or whoever and ask them what I can do.

Im a failure at this in general, I dont leave negreps which show when users are posting bad stuff. Rather I tend to refrain from negreps. I think it was because (and being brutally honest here) that I was "afraid" that people would neg rep back. The fact is when someone neg reps me and leaves there name Im not going to be petty and find a post of theres to negrep. Instead I will leave constructive criticism. I do this on AD more where I tell members of my own alliance to do such and such, and members of other alliances where they are wrong on there intel and how there posts can improve. Often I may get a pm discussing this. I dont do this on GD however and im guilty of this.

I would suggest people should use reputation as a mark of quality or a mark of shite. But genuinely not see it as an attack or suck up to the person but instead something which can help us all.

In light of this I would like to apologise on my part, but also congratulate users who I hold in high regard, Yahwe, Dace, JBG, JJ, Nodrog, Ste, T&F and Dante (and others who names slip)

I completly agree that we should try and up our quality and help each other do so, and from now on I shall negrep/posrep to try and help others whilst trying to help myself by posting better threads and in general better posts.

Awful Thread Titles

I just had sex, cheated on my girlfriend and had sex again - pig
Unread 22 May 2006, 03:45   #22
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There doesnt have to be any 'reply potential' for the thread to be good, thats a very narrow conception of internet posting. For example, there have been some great threads on SA which have just consisted of a mindblowingly good first post, and about 50 replies basically saying "holy shit that was awesome" (example, and another).

But the point is that if your first post doesnt allow any obvious replies/discussion/debate, then it's going to have to carry the whole thread by itself. In other words it has to be good. Which essentially means that either a) the story you're telling should be genuinelly interesting (obviously it doesnt have to be as good as the one I linked to above, but it should be something more than "I cheated on my girlfriend today", which is likely to be dull unless you cheated on her with a transexual while drunk or something). Or, b) you should be a very talented writer, someone who is capable of taking relatively mundane events and making them interesting (Dante's blog is an obvious example of this). If both of these conditions fail then the thread is likely to be pointless and not worth reading.

edit: I suppose we all have our pet hates, but I've never really had a problem with people posting threads about their life here. The threads which annoy me are the 'poll' style ones, where someone asks a question like "what is your favourite X?", but constructs in a way where 90% of the replies are going to be one word/sentence answers. Asking "What is the strangest thing thats happened to you during sex?" is an example of a thread which is likely to be interesting to read, because it encourages people to go into some detail, whereas a thread titled "What is your favourite sexual position?" is likely to be dull, since the replies are all going to be very short. Similarly, a thread asking "What song are you listening to just now?" is going to be shit, whereas one asking "What is your current favourite song and why do you like it?" should be better. A good general rule is that if your question could take the form of a multiple-choice poll, then dont post the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig

I used to post shite threads about girls and stuff. When in reality this lead to absolutely no where. Yahwe pulled me up one day and told me that not only was it fairly boring to read as sex isnt particularly new to him it is also a one ended thread. What can people do other than go "wow your great, wish I was like you" or "im suprised you havent been arrested for rape yet".
I'm going to pick on you since you posted directly above me, even though youve improved a lot. This is a fairly textbook example of a worthless thread. I doubt anyone actually cares when other people here are finishing their exams, so a thread full of people saying "I finish next week" is pointless. If the first post had said something like "What rituals do you do to get you through exams?" or "Do you have any big plans to celebrate finishing your exams?", or whatever, then it might have been interesting.

Its like making small talk with strangers - you should try to ask open-ended questions which allow the other person to go into some detail when he answers, rather than asking stuff that can be answered in a single word/sentence.

I know that I almost never post threads here so cant really criticise, but meh.

edit: One of the exception to the above is if the event youre telling us about is actually something major. Theres obviously a strong sense of community here, so if you have something that other people are likely to care about then theres nothing wrong with posting it. For example, if a regular poster were to make a thread simply stating that they had been diagnosed with cancer or that a close family member had died, then this would not be a bad post - there are almost certainly going to be quite a few people here who do actually care.

Last edited by Nodrog; 22 May 2006 at 05:45.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 03:46   #23
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yawhe calls for mature posting........

Alanis Morrisette should be dragged to this forum, shown his posts and then she will understand the true meaning of irony.

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 05:03   #24
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Also the one thing that's far worse than people making bad threads, is when people post stupid one-line replies in threads where the original poster has actually made some effort, or when a decent discussion is in progress. This is extremely bad, since it actually discourages people from creating good threads - if the first 20 replies are just going be idiots babbling crap, then why bother? People who deliberately hijack threads by having stupid offtopic IRC-style conversations with other posters are even worse, since these worthless reply span multiple posts rather than just one. MrL_JaKiri a few years ago is the most obvious example of this although he thankfully stopped doing it. Marilyn_Manson used to do this a lot also, having inane conversations with skiddy and the rest of that mob in the middle of threads, but hopefully he has grown out of it during his absense. I think JBG can also be bad for this sometimes, but its difficult to criticise him given that hes one of the best posters on GD.

Rather hypocritically, Yahwe is one of the main culprits here for ruining threads so perhaps he should have a look at his own posting habits before he complains about others not trying. He has probably ruined more decentish threads on this forum in the last few years than any single other poster, so its quite hard to take his comments seriously (I expect he'll deny this, so here's an example of one of his recent pieces of worthlessness. Also, note the complete lack of content in the majority of the first 10 posts - why should Deffeh bother making long threads if this is the standard of replies they get?).

Also, I just went through this thread and negrepped everyone who posted something worthless, in some sort of vain Byronic protest against an uncaring universe.

edit: And yes, I know that I often make one-line replies to threads, but only in stupid ones, not ones which actually have potential. But anyway, I'm actually going to make a conscious effort to care more about GD and post in the same style that I do elsewhere, hence I'm going to stop making any replies less than a paragraph long unless they are either genuinelly funny or address a specifc point someone has made

edit2: I also support pig's comments about using the rep system for how its meant to be used. I think repping good posts and neg repping bad ones is very important (as is giving the reasons why) - not because people should care about a number stored in a database*, but because it lets them know either that their effort is appreciated, or how they can improve their posting. I admit that I sometimes negrep wtihout comment, just because I cant be bothered writing anything, but I'm going to stop doing this (and also rep far more often).

edit3: The admins should also be more pro-active in banning users who obviously have nothing good to contribute ever, and/or those who take pleasure in amassing negrep from worthless posts (Qazokrogue, etc). The argument that 'at least people are posting' is stupid - if I wanted to read a forum filled entirely with contentless drivel, I'd migrate to PB. The reason I still read GD is because it is a 'community' forum which is halfway between the large, anonymous somethingawful-style places where noone really knows or cares who you are, and the stupid IRC-style forums where everyone has mundane conversations using single sentence replies (somethingawful reminds me of Oktoberfest or Glastonbury, whereas GD is more like a quiet village pub, and PB is like a bunch of special school children who found a bottle of vodka in their parent's bedroom)

*irony intended, given why this forum exists

:words:

Last edited by Nodrog; 22 May 2006 at 10:02.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 09:56   #25
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

u r gay

Seriously, **** off.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 10:00   #26
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i would assume he was talking to yahwe not you T&F

also, this forum wouldnt be anywhere near the same if every thread was a mature and reasoned debate, we simply arent that forum. yes, i agree that sometimes threre are crap threads and posts (of which i am guilty of my fair share) but this forum is still a good place to be
Unread 22 May 2006, 10:43   #27
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeah, i was. You're alright, yo.

I have a burning hatred for all this "we need to improve the forum" rubbish or "the forum has got shit". Stop glorifying the past or pretending there was ever "better days".. threads come and go based on events in the world, and events in peoples lives.

People post threads if they want to, not if they think "holy shit what way will i possibly add to my internet community today".

Unread 22 May 2006, 13:08   #28
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig

**** yahwe's opinion. **** it pig.

I like your threads which are basically just a blog. I don't care if they don't have "potential according to Yahwe".

Just because he doesn't like it, doesn't mean the rest of us don't. I like those type of threads (and this includes threads from most people updating them on their life). The key is to put EFFORT into them, which you do.

Of course I agree with yahwe in that you can't make a blog-type thread that is just one or two lines. That's crap.
Unread 22 May 2006, 13:14   #29
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Some "action threads" do lead to discussion, if their subject matter is sufficiently noteworthy or controversial but this is often not the case. I seem to remember Qazok starting a thread with "Yeah so I killed this guy" which led to a multiple page argument on whether self-defence was reasonable in this case and so on.

Also, a brilliant first post may not lead to a discussion but that is not necessarily a problem by itself. But Nod's made this point.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 13:34   #30
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

And entertaining one for Yahwe

"Kura is currently working in a solicitors"

Its quite bizarre. Everything here seems to be done in some kind of "other world" where everything moves at half speed, people are paid ridiculous amounts to do the most banal tasks (I took the job to cover a friend whos on holiday for 2 weeks, and the rate im getting is quite insane for the truly useless job im doing) and the lunchbreaks are far longer than is necessary.

Is this normal?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 14:14   #31
vampy
bound & gagged

vampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
And entertaining one for Yahwe

"Kura is currently working in a solicitors"

Its quite bizarre. Everything here seems to be done in some kind of "other world" where everything moves at half speed, people are paid ridiculous amounts to do the most banal tasks (I took the job to cover a friend whos on holiday for 2 weeks, and the rate im getting is quite insane for the truly useless job im doing) and the lunchbreaks are far longer than is necessary.

Is this normal?
yes.

e.v.o.l.v.e
Unread 22 May 2006, 14:21   #32
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

How ironic that Yahwe off all people starts a thread like this.

Im with vampy on this one, the man needs a cock up his arse.*

*or whereever he fancies it
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 14:52   #33
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's amusing seeing differing peoples' reactions to this thread. In fact, I'd say it's one of the more divisive threads, mainly because people are letting their true feelings shine through. Very often people try to control their feelings so not to upset other posters who they may feel they have good relationships with - but not here.

Posters such as Zhukov, Vaio and rr_0 are typically hostile. This comes as no suprise. Their posting in other threads has been strongly inclined against Yahwe, and so it was hardly likely that Yahwe's treatise would receive a positive response here.

On the other hand, posters such as Ste and pig responded positively. Whether it's a coincidence or not, both have met Yahwe in real life and so know his non-internet personality to a greater degree than many posters here.

Alternatively, posters could choose to respond intellectually or in their usual posting manner. Not suprisingly, these posters were also some of the more respected posters on the forum - examples being Dante, JBG and nod. Their contributions are the main reason why this thread hasn't turned into a mass flame-war already: by breaking up the flow of flames, there became opportunities for casual posters to interject with their own opinions (e.g. SYMM).

Overall, GD probably needs more threads in order to generate more good threads. You can rarely tell how good a thread is going to be from its first post - it's not uncommon for a thread to start slowly but then kick on once it reaches a second page. Will this thread make a second page? Discuss
Unread 22 May 2006, 15:00   #34
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i really don't understand the point of your post, did you just "summarise" the thread to show off your apparent understanding of GD (which is a bit flawed in places by the way) or what?
Unread 22 May 2006, 15:05   #35
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
On the other hand, posters such as Ste and pig responded positively.
Interesting interpretation of Ste's post...

I'd say only Pig's post was in total agreement. Everyone else is either a mixed response, hostility or ridicule.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 15:14   #36
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
On the other hand, posters such as Ste and pig responded positively. Whether it's a coincidence or not, both have met Yahwe in real life and so know his non-internet personality to a greater degree than many posters here.
how did i respond positively?
I managed to restrain myself from criticising as I knew it would just get the "PB lol" response.

And his non-internet personality isn't much different to on here. You just can't take offence as easily when it's him saying it.
Oh and the Alan Partridge impression

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 15:18   #37
vampy
bound & gagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks

I'd say only Pig's post was in total agreement. Everyone else is either a mixed response, hostility or ridicule.
fwiw, i agree with yahwe. I'd just already discussed this in IRC so figured a 'comedy' reply would be better. I don't think a total ban on 'action threads' is the way to go, but the board could certainly do with a few more interesting topics for debate. People might find it ironic that yahwe was the one to point it out, but that doesn't stop him being right. I think a healthy mix of interesting stuff that makes you think, and random crap that lets you mock each other would make the board a better place.

e.v.o.l.v.e
Unread 22 May 2006, 15:33   #38
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As a mildly insane libertarian I won't be banning threads en masse. Certainly not without a large amount of pie anyways.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 22 May 2006 at 15:39.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 15:58   #39
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
i really don't understand the point of your post, did you just "summarise" the thread to show off your apparent understanding of GD (which is a bit flawed in places by the way) or what?
Why not make the post?

I'm not trying to show an understanding of GD - far from it. It's my view that for a thread to get to any length, it needs to change tack and move onto a different topic. AD had an 800 post thread a month or so ago, but the original post had fizzled out after a couple of pages. It was further posting in that thread that pushed it on further. My post was a little experiment in seeing how easy it would be to do this here.

Of course, such a post has to be well-formed and accurate on all of its main points. As we'll see in a second:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
how did i respond positively?
As so.

I didn't see much point in adding a million and one categories, so I added some posters to the three that I initially came up with and decided to wing it. I'd quite like to see the responses of the people I tagged as 'hostile', as opposed to yourselves who remain affable as always.
Unread 22 May 2006, 16:39   #40
jerome

what? we didn't change topics, so how were you experimenting? the reason to not make such a post would be the risk of coming across as presumptous and snotty. the direction you're trying to wing the thread towards is quite obviously just going to involve disputes of the examples you chose to include in your summary/conclusion thing in trying to define gd. it's this pointless and frankly predictably bland nature of gd which has led me to ignore gd.

the only explanation that seems sensible to me was that it was an attempt of the type of post nod or dante outlined earlier where the first post is brilliant and the rest just acknowledge it.

anyways this whole strand is silly now. i don't mean to criticise it's just that the nature of that post really irritated me.
Unread 22 May 2006, 18:36   #41
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

I may have been too subtle in my previous post, a few retards seemed to miss the point:
being hypocritical does not make you wrong.
(and to Vaio, I'd suggest show ms morrisette the stickied WOTM thread first...)
Unread 22 May 2006, 18:49   #42
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I tend to flip-flop on Yahwes posts. I agree with him for the most part when he doesnt bring emotion to a thread, but when he does go off on one, ill slate him for his actions.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 18:59   #43
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
Yawhe calls for mature posting........

Alanis Morrisette should be dragged to this forum, shown his posts and then she will understand the true meaning of irony.

Quote:
in the old days attention whores were pretty

Quote:
no

one

cares
Quote:
i could swear that there used to be rules against taking my name in vain

sometimes i wonder why i bother to etch things in stone ...

Quote:
he's old enough to have seen it when it first came out.

you really can be a ****ing retard sometimes

Quote:
I hate you
Quote:
it used to be before banality set in.
Quote:
i'm surprised the prison servers let you access a forum
Quote:
gordon missed at least 2

P.S. this is a waste of precious seconds
Unread 22 May 2006, 19:29   #44
jerome

i think people need to re-read symm's last 2 posts before posting in this thread.
Unread 23 May 2006, 20:48   #45
Yahwe
I am.

ab honesto virum bonum nihil deterret
Unread 23 May 2006, 20:52   #46
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: A call for mature posting

I like the way this is framed as a call to reasonable opinion, as if there is any ****ing reasonable opinion on GD.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2006, 20:58   #47
Yahwe
I am.

quot homines tot sententiae
Unread 23 May 2006, 21:00   #48
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Clause 11 : Language

Unfortunatly we are unable to provide a discussion board which is truly multi-lingual. Due to the number of different languages being used in this truly internetional community we have been forced to have an English only rule. This is to stop the breaking of clauses 1-9 from taking place if written in a language the moderating team cannot understand.

Unread 23 May 2006, 21:00   #49
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: A call for mature posting

In vino, veritas.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2006, 21:03   #50
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Clause 11 : Language

Unfortunatly we are unable to provide a discussion board which is truly multi-lingual. Due to the number of different languages being used in this truly internetional community we have been forced to have an English only rule. This is to stop the breaking of clauses 1-9 from taking place if written in a language the moderating team cannot understand.
legem brevem esse oportet