User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 8 May 2005, 01:31   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Decline of MSN messanger

I have noticed in the past 6 months that the usage of MSN has seriously declined. I have 120 contacts, as I login for my 1 minute to check whos on, I see that there is 10 people online. I remember when I used to have tons of people online 24/7. Now Im not a fan of MSN but I was wondering what if any is the new medium to speak to people online?

It cant be irc surely as that is old school etc, obviously not aim, icq, or is it simply because the internet is declining in personal/social usage? Is this a pattern we are beginning to see? For example planetarion, a declining player base. Even the usage of these forums are declining.

Finally I hate MSN and really cant stand it, hence why I login a few times a day just too see whos on, or set my status to "Appear Offline" so if there is someone who logs in I want to speak too, I can.

Anyway whats your thoughts on MSN, have you seen a decline in use of MSN and do you think there is a decline in social internet use as a whole?
Unread 8 May 2005, 01:35   #2
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Re: The Decline of MSN messanger

I don't see a decline. I chat to more people on MSN than I do otherwise.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2005, 01:54   #3
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It's been posted a few times i think horn.

I still use MSN quite a bit but i agree with what you (pig) say about the decline in people using it.

Maybe more people are rediscovering their normal lives - the 'novelty' is wearing off so to speak.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2005, 01:55   #4
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the lost art of conversation (real) is returning
Unread 8 May 2005, 02:50   #5
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i think you could be right, or maybe we've all grown up and started working or studying more

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2005, 03:01   #6
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's more about who you have on your list than the popularity in general pig.
Unread 8 May 2005, 04:23   #7
Spiderman

All of my mates are using skype these days. FIle transer is like 10x faster than msn, chatting is better - and of course, the phone calls. Its quite nifty using ur PDA over wifi in starbucks to talk to your mates who are sitting infront of their pc's on their big fat arses.
Unread 8 May 2005, 05:08   #8
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I think possibly it might just be the MSN client, since using Trillian the file transfers have sped up quite significantly.

Also, I tend to find mostly the hardcore texters are using it heavily these days (the same people who send 50 SMS's to each other a day). I almost never use it myself, but only because I've always had a preference to talking.
Unread 8 May 2005, 11:32   #9
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i've found people are using it more because on broadband it doesn't significantly slow down your connection. Also, being permanently online more, more people tend to be on as 'away'.
ICQ and AOL usage seems to have dropped off.

I'd put it down to your friends not using the internet as much as they used to.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2005, 12:03   #10
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I haven't seen any sort of decline recently, if anything my experience is more like Ste's. A shame really as I hate the program but too many peopleI know only use that.
Unread 8 May 2005, 15:30   #11
zakoff
Evul Critter

zakoff is on a distinguished road

i must admit i have stopped using it. I don't know why, i'm just sick of the messages coming up etc. I use my phone a lot more.
Unread 8 May 2005, 15:34   #12
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

I use it all the time, but mainly in a "when are we going to the bar?" kind of way. I rarely have proper conversations on it.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2005, 16:58   #13
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I disagree.

It all depends on how you use it.
I have 48 contacts of which about half are usually on at any one time (18 at the moment, but it IS a sunday after all), and i'd say all but maybe 2 of them are on half the days in the week. This is probably because I only use MSN for my mates and family. I have a select few of you weirdos on (by which I mean 4 of you) but that's it. For "intarweb gossiping" I use IRC.
I tend to use it as an alternative to phone conversations with all my mates from home when i'm at uni, and all my mates from uni when i'm at home as we're all tight gits. Although at the moment i'm just chatting to the on-again-off-again girlfriend of one of my uni mates as we're bother rather bored.

I know some people whore their MSN contact details out to anyone and everyone, but I'm much more protective of my details - I'm about as likely to give you my msn address as my phone number. I also remove and block anyone who adds me who doesn't identifiy themselves.

Quality over quantitiy, people!
Unread 8 May 2005, 17:13   #14
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

im one of meglas friends \o/

MSN is invaluable tbh. Although admittedly i dont talk to 90% of the contacts i have...
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2005, 17:20   #15
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

About 1/3 to 1/2 of my contacts are normally online at 'normal' hours, quite a few I don't ever speak to online but keep them on regardless, some are dead (in email as opposed to 'terminal' terms).

I've been more pissed off with the MSN network itself screwing about recently, seems to flake out more often than I used to remember.
Unread 8 May 2005, 18:00   #16
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I use Trillian.

Were I used to live, I had to use it just to get "messenger" to work.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2005, 19:56   #17
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

You don't find cyb0r fun anymore?
Unread 8 May 2005, 21:11   #18
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

Sadly: no
My 12 year old sister made an account today It made me sad. I offered her a gmail account but she didn't want it because all her friends have hotmail
Unread 8 May 2005, 21:48   #19
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
here's evidence that people still do not know the difference between MSN Messenger and hotmail.

you can have an msn messenger account with any email account
I know that faggot, she WANTED an hotmail account for her msn. Don't try to teach me anything you lazy bum.
PS: get out of my country.
Unread 9 May 2005, 02:18   #20
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: The Decline of MSN messanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
here's evidence that people still do not know the difference between MSN Messenger and hotmail.

you can have an msn messenger account with any email account
That's how I got one. Didn't get that either :-/

Uh, and sad thing about your nice avatar, luckily I saved it before it got changed ^^
Unread 9 May 2005, 09:05   #21
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

The new big communication-medium are private forums.
I have one with my old schoolmates, and generally I have more discussions on the forum than over MSN.
I rarely log into MSN anymore because I find it annoying when random people decide they want to chat to me at times I don't want to be bothered.