User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 10 Apr 2005, 13:41   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Your Life

Inspired (Or uninspired, it was rather depressing) by Dante's thread, I decided to make this thread. In it you tell us about you, your life, and how you wish you could improve it. It's very similar, but I'm hoping there won't be 242354 posts saying "but what is normal?!".

I'm coming up to a crossroads (more like a spaghetti junction, but eh) in my life, and I'm pretty confused about where I want to be.

Employment and Location
One of my biggest worries. I'm coming up to the end of my course, and after the summer I'll need to have a "real job".

I'm not sure if I want to go into teaching just yet, or if I should, just for the NQT year so I can become fully qualified and get my £4000 reward for being a teacher. And if I did do it, where should I do it?
-Jersey has little to no opportunity for teachers, but is ace because my family are there, most of my friends are there, and it's a really nice place to live.
-Surrey I don't really know that many people, but there is much more in the way of work, and my dad lives there. Plus the girl I'm supposedly going to be calling my girlfriend at some point lives there.
-Exeter is where I've been the last 4 years. I'll know a few people here, so it might be nice to get a dossy job down here and pretend to be a student for a few more years.

Money
Not as big a worry as it used to be. As I said, I'm coming to the end of my course, and after that, supposedly I'll be heading towards the green and out of the red.

Lovelife
Childishly complicated (with the emphasis on child lolz). I expected to be dating that girl I've made threads about before, as she's back in 2 weeks so we'll probably end up making it more "official".

I have been in Jersey for the last 2 weeks though, and I was working at the cinema (probably the only place where you can ring up 2 days before and ask if they fancy giving you some work for 2 weeks). I met this girl who worked there, and was chatting to her for ages before she decided to spring on me (I asked) that she was 16. Better yet, she goes to the school I had an interview for a few weeks ago (I didn't get the job). I was already attracted to her by this point though, so head****ery.

We went out on Wednesday evening and ended up spending the evening together (not sleeping together) though. So now I'm attracted to this 16 year old in Jersey (6 years my younger) - although she is 17 in June. Or I have this girl back here in Exeter, who I'm not really sure about. I don't know if I even want a relationship.

I'm the kind of person who would decide where to live, based on a girl though. At the moment I'm very vulnerable in terms of options - if someone suggests an idea to me, no matter how crazy it is, I will consider it for my future.

So my main concern is my employment and where to live. I guess I could go back to Jersey, but I don't know how long for. I suppose I could get some crappy office job for a bit, but for how long for.

My plans at the moment are just to go back to Jersey, pay off my overdraft, raise £1000, and then just book the first flight out of this country and go to America. Then I'll get some bar job and rethink what I want to do.

I don't want to just cruise along in life waiting for things to happen, but at the same time it's the only realistic option I have.

I'm aware none of you can give me any "advice", as there are so many little intricacies in my problems that I've brushed over, so telling me what to do is pointless, as I'll already have considered it.

SO, tell me what's shitty in your life! How are your Finances, your Lovelife and your Employment?
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 14:23   #2
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Your Life

You know what, I feel like i'm in a very similar position as you...

Firstly some advice for you. Don't ever move anywhere because of a girl. If things go wrong with jobs/friends etc you'll end up resenting her and if you break up what a waste of time that was.

Just remember that whatever you decide to do now doesn't tie you in for the rest of your life. You can get a job in Exeter and leave after a year. Or get a job anywhere to be honest. You can give up on being a teacher and do something else. While you're still under 30 you can do change your mind as much as you like really.

Girlwise - don't go with the 16 year old. Proximity is a powerful thing when you fancy someone. Move a distance away and you don't like them so much. See how things go with this girl who's coming back shortly.

Employment

Just about to finish uni, no idea what I'm doing.
I could stay in Sheffield as I know lots of people here. I could move back to Nottingham but I don't want to live with parents for more than a week or two. I could move abroad. I could pretty much go anywhere.
So basically I've been looking for jobs, applied to a few...
I've decided at the moment that Graduate Management Training is what I want to do but to be honest I'm not too sure.
I hate these stupid application forms. I have an assessment day in a few weeks. I have to do a presentation on something... Annoying.

So yeh, as it stands, come September I don't know where I'll be living, What I'll be doing, what I want to do, or how I'm gonna do it. Lovely.

Money

Not a problem. I came into inheritance this year and so don't have any immediate worries. Of course I have a massive student loan and an overdraft but if I get a decent job then it'll all be fine. and I've got the money to last me until I get a job.

Girls.

Well... I could go on about this for ages I'm sure.
Current situation - Me and my (ex) girlfriend broke up in feb because she was going to Spain for 6 months, we'd only been going out for 3 months and come July when she returns I have no idea where the hell I'll be. We also both have a dislike for long distance relationships and I like being single. I saw her over Easter and everything was really good. Too good. I'm afraid I'm gonna hurt her... I've been in serious relationships before, she hasn't... so without wanting to sound like a twat, I'm the best relationship she's ever had.
We're planning on travelling round Spain together in July, but it's wierd because either of us could have met someone in the meantime and we might not get back together afterwards either...
Anyway, I've obviously slept with other people since she's been away (she hasn't) the latest being a goth girl about a week ago who I get on with really well but she's got a very messy life. So I don't relaly want to get involved there.
oh and there are a couple of other girls i really really like... Half hoping something will happen there but not really expecting anything... One is miles out of my league and the other has a boyfriend. In fact there are loads of girls I'd like to know better but those two top the list.
Anyway, all that is without going into another ex that I split up with a year ago and then proceeded to keep sleeping with for 6 months... That's just way too complicated and anyway I'm over her now so there's no need for detail.

So yeh. That's me.
Now back to filling in a job application and writing my thesis

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 14:25   #3
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_horn
I've dropped out of college for 3 consecutive years and this is my fourth year doing a-levels...... i feel let down by the education system which even at this stage refuses to test your analytical/perceptive kowledge and instead ends up rewarding simply how much you can remember. Of-course i can't come up with any easy solution, although i have a few ideas, but i wont pretend to think they're interesting
You know you don't have to do A-levels don't you?
Try a BTEC or something. A-levels aren't for everyone.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 14:43   #4
Ste
Bored

Speak to a careers adviser about it. They can actually help sometimes.
If you've dropped out a few times I'd say A-levels aren't for you...
You can do a philosophy A-level and a BTEC in something else i think.
You could also find the uni you want to go to and email the head of admissions in the philosophy department just to ask what they require for entry on the course.

Unread 10 Apr 2005, 14:44   #5
Peace
angel

Peace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_horn
i really want to go to uni, and so far i've only heard of bad stories about tyring to get into uni with anythig other than a-levels..... + i think philosophy is only taught as an A-level (at least at the colleges near me), which is what i'd like to study at uni..
Why not look at doing an Access course at college?
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 14:49   #6
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Employment:

I'm confused as to whether I want a carreer or not. I hate my current job and I've had contact with some employment agencies, but as things are looking I really can't be arsed putting a lot of effort in something I don't really enjoy. Heh, I still need to e-mail some guy about a potential new job, but it all looks so tedious.
I've had the idea in my head for a while to just leave and get me a new life in a foreign country far, far away, but then again, this might just be some left-over from my "rebellious" youth. Fun in my job is my priority ATM, not a carreer... society seems to have its priorities a tad different though
So, I'll just sit things out and see what happens.

Money:

OK-ish I guess... I still have a study debt to pay back, but that'll be gone soon I hope.

Social life:

Poor. Another reason why leaving things behind won't be such a big deal.
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 14:56   #7
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

ok I'll try and make this vaguely interesting.

For the last six months I've been rebuilding my life somewhat after spending about a year on one long head ****.

Employment Not that this is the most important thing about a person by a mile but its usually one of the first questions you ask about someone new you meet (location depending of course). I work as a primary care mental health worker in Hull. I generally see people with mild to moderate depression and or anxiety, although the GPs that refer into our service nice folks that they are, have discovered that we don't have waiting lists. As such we're actually getting everything that wouldn't be on the Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) urgent list as it avoids a 4 month wait. Its a good job, not that it pays well, but it's actually doing something I enjoy,and could see myself doing for some time, unlike Telesales. Although it does mean I have to do a 1 day a week masters course, which tbh I could do without

Money I am earning more than I ever have done before, but then thats because I've been a student and/or living with someone else who was earning enough to almost support both of us anyway. Now I;m i a position where I have to earn enough to be self sufficient, and it's a bit tight heh. But I;m not broke or in debt besides my student loan so in reality I can't complain.

lovelife In a word, ****ed. I spent the last year in NZ, because I'd met someone over there (through PA go on, have a giggle) and that year taught me one thing. Being in love with someone is not always fun, infact it's often hard work and painful. Loving someone you don't like much 60% of the time is a complete ****. It's also a pain if you're fairly dependent on them. I don't trust people any more after that, which is a pain in the ass, as I keep meeting wonderful people who I don't "let in", and I have a terrible tendancy to review potential gfs in the "what can they do for me" category, which is horrid, and not like me (or ratrher not like who I would wish me to be), car being fairly high up on the list, I'm still learning to drive, and likelyhood they'll keep stocking my fridge with beer and do the washing up if I cook vaguely regularly, which my current lady is. I've become so cynical about partners its sickening.

my concerns I'm afraid that I'm going to treat people the way i've been treated. The job i do demands compashion which I don't find difficult at all, infact most of my collegues continually tell me off for caring way too much about patients - which is a moderate concern for me, it can get you down worrying about everyone else after a while and feeling somewhat powerless to help. However in my own life, I have a tendancy to treat people like shit basically which disgusts me on many levels. I'm also afraid that in 5 years i'll not be earning much more and thus have the same problems of almost living paycheck to paycheck with no buffer zone.

Still it was sunny today, and I sat in the park reading my book, listening to some chain smoking irish folk music buskers and all things considered that was very mellowing.

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 17:33   #8
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

cool thread. Reading about other people's lives is fun

Here's me then.

Employment, Education, Location.

I'm in the final year of sixth form, doing A-Levels in french, german and biology. I like to think I'm pretty good at languages, and I should have no problem getting the B's i need to get into university. I also need a B in biology, which constantly worries me - as if I don't get a B i'll have to go to a university I don't particuarly want to go to (King's College London), or take a whole year out. I try not to let my life revolve around schoolwork, and in reality I'm quite lazy and I don't really do that much - I got excellent gcse grades without really doing anything - but now if i'm not doing *something* for school I always feel like I should be. If all goes to plan, however, I'll hopefully end up at Sheffield university after summer. Obviously I'm both excited and really nervous about uni - I don't really know what to expect at all, so it is scary, but i'll live with it.

Money

I have a crappy, minimum wage job at the café in Wyevale garden centre. I serve old (and mostly grumpy) people food every saturday for £4.10 an hour. The only reason I stay there is because the people I work with are ace, and I need the money. My parents will help me out with money while at university. Lots of my friends have "saving's accounts" or money stashed away somewhere, but I don't have one because my parents were poor when I was a kid.

Girls

I broke up with my first proper girlfriend over a year ago. We were together for 10 months, which i thought was quite a long time. It was only afterwards I realised she was one of those typical, insecure teenage girls. I don't regret going out with her though. I don't really have that much confidence when it comes to girls. When I was younger I had quite bad skin, so that made my confidence hit rock bottom. Last summer I met this girl on the internet through another online game. We hit it off really well, I went up to see her, got more than just friendly etc.. etc... - i really did (still do) like her a lot. She lives in Cumbria, I live in Hertfordshire - about 250 miles away, so there was the main problem. She thought it was better that we stayed good friends, and obviously she's right - but I still wish she lived closer cos I know we'd have something really good together. There's also a girl I work with who I think fancies me but I can't work her out. She is good looking but she said there was no point in having a boyfriend before university, so I don't think anything will happen there unless I made the first move, which I might have been willing to do until she said that.

The Future

In the future I hope to be a teacher. My parents don't want me to but that's still what I'm aiming for for now. It's not set in stone though, I'm still open-minded as to what I want to do in the future, and I don't think many people really know at this age exactly what they'll be in the future anyway. If I had to say where I'll be in 10 years, i would be a teacher at a respectable school in the east of england teaching french to teenagers.

That's me in a nutshell.
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 17:41   #9
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Employment - none
Love life - none
Finances - none
but what is normal?
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 17:49   #10
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliterate
Obviously I'm both excited and really nervous about uni - I don't really know what to expect at all, so it is scary, but i'll live with it.
Don't worry about it - uni is ace

Quote:
£4.10 an hour. The only reason I stay there is because the people I work with are ace, and I need the money.
That's the only reason I worked at the cinema. Working with fun people makes the job 10 times better, which means the crappy pay doesn't matter. I'd much rather have a job I enjoy with less pay, than a monotonous well-paying job.

Quote:
Last summer I met this girl on the internet ... about 250 miles away... I still wish she lived closer cos I know we'd have something really good together.
I think perhaps that's better though. Because you only spent a bit of time with her, you had a great time with her and so never left the honeymoon period. Leaving it as it is at the moment means you'll have a really positive view on the whole thing. If you spent more time together, it might end up that you don't really get along that well when it's more intense

(speaking from experience)

Quote:
In the future I hope to be a teacher. My parents don't want me to but that's still what I'm aiming for for now. It's not set in stone though, I'm still open-minded as to what I want to do in the future, and I don't think many people really know at this age exactly what they'll be in the future anyway.
That's a good view to have. If you start to decide what you want to do now, no doubt something will go wrong and you'll be stuck with no plans at all.

Why don't your parents want you to be a teacher?

What are you planning on doing at uni? French and German?

Last edited by Tomkat; 10 Apr 2005 at 18:17.
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 18:12   #11
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Employment and Location

I am currently in the 2nd year of an Accounting and Economics degree. I did apply for some summer graduate jobs but kept messing up in interviews as apparently I don't have enough leadership examples to talk about. Picked up an executive position on one of my university societies to try and solve this. Instead I will be getting a summer job in my fathers local firm for about 6 weeks over July and August which will be decent experience.

After my degree I am considering doing a masters and then hopefully getting a place on a graduate programme of one of the big accountancy firms. Not sure I want to do that all my life though but it is something I enjoy and has decent starting money so will hopefully put me in a better position to choose something I would really like to do later on in life. I would like to go into politics but I am not sure it is something that I would actually enjoy overall. For some reason I would also like to design a big building, just something that will be there for ages and I can say, I built that.

Money

It didn't used to be a problem thanks to family support. My grandfather died recently though and he used to give me a fair amount of money to help support myself but I never adjusted my spending after that so my money quickly disappeared. I also seem to have a lot of one off expenses recently which didn't help. Hopefully the job above will fix this though and I am cutting back on going out so often as well as reducing things like my internet connection to save money so hopefully all this will even out shortly.

Lovelife

Bugger all. There is this girl I really like but she has a boyfriend and as far as I can tell has no interest in me like that so that is pretty much a dead end unfortunatly.
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 18:14   #12
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

On the surface my life is good, except I'm not happy.

Education
I need 3 2:1s in my Summer exams to be guaranteed a first in economics, and even if I missed this slightly, I should still get one. I work hard, well not too hard but I like to think I'm efficient - I put the effort where its needed, coursework and revision, but I make sure I'm up to date on all the reading. This still leaves me enough time to have a social life - I've never once not gone out because I have work to do. However, this still does not make me happy.

Money, Materials & Employment
These last two weeks I've been working in a warehouse office for Laura Ashley. The pays not brilliant (£6.67 an hour + holiday) but I can seemingly work there most holidays. They rang me up in my 1st week and asked if I could spare any time over the next two weeks. I hope to be there in the Summer - it's easy and most of the people are a good laugh. Whilst I'm actually there, I'm reasonably happy, but it doesn't make me long term happy. However, I have a 'main' job line up starting in September, for Deloitte in Nottingham. This gives me great training and also not bad money, with very good prospects. I suppose this makes me slightly happier, it makes the future more 'secure' and I think it's something I will enjoy doing. They also give me a £7,000 interest free loan, of which some will go on a massive plasma screen - I have it all worked out, I will have a second tv, I alsready have decent surround sound, 2 consoles and recordable DVD player hooked up. Material goods don't make me happy, and I don't like to be seen as materialistic (although I clearly am), I just think having these things makes me happier than if I didn't have them. As for money, yeah I have a student loan, although some of it is in the bank and some went on my car. I have more of a loan than I probably should, seeing as my parents pay my fees, rent and also give me £60 a week, but meh.

Social Life
I'd like to think I have a fairly good social life. Most nights, be it when I'm at home or in Sheffield, I get offers to go for a drink or something similar. Whilst I don't accept every night, I'm not a social recluse. I went out last night for my birthday with 6 or 7 people, had texts of others asking if I'd be out and I'm out on Tuesday in Sheffield for my birthday and there should be about 20 people for that. I'm not saying this is a lot, or saying I'm very popular, I'm just using it to show that I'm not a loner. Having said that, I often wonder if people would actually miss me if I wasn't here. I typically conclude that maybe I would a bit for about a month, but after that I'd just be mentioned in conversations sometimes. This does not make me happy. I also spend a lot of spare time on here and other forums, doing nothing useful, just adding one liners. This makes me fairly happy when I'm doing it, I mean I wouldn't do it otherwise. The fact that I get happy from being on a forum makes me unhappy in the long run. What also worries me is that when I've been drinking recently I always contemplate what my suicide note would be like. Don't get me wrong I never would do it, I wouldn't want to hurt my Mum, but the fact I think of this worries me.

Romance
None. I have a really shit problem which I'm sure I've whinged about before that I can't trust. I was in a relationship for about two and a half years which ended about 15 months ago. I was convinced that it'd last forever and it came out of the blue to some extent. I still blame myself for this and I still miss her. Or maybe it's that I miss the way my life was - always knowing there was someone who really cared for me and wanted to be with me and I'd never get sick of her, no matter how long we spent together. I saw her last night for the first time in a long time, well the first time to talk to. Not that she said anything to me but a quick hello, she was with her new guy who I know is nowhere good enough for her, but he's a safe option, unlike me he won't get too drunk and be sick over the bed etc. I saw her out with him the first time a couple of weeks ago, she was with her mum and her mum's friends as well. It was like he'd stolen the place that made me happy. I did not respond well. I went to the bar, ordered a double gin and a pint, downed both, went outside to be sick and punched the wall. Luckily it did not hurt too much, I've not got the best of punches. So I want to be in a relationship. I want to be happy again. Except I don't. I don't want to be hurt that badly again. She was perfect for me and if that didn't last then what are the chances of it lasting with anyone else. I think I would consider a relationship with someone who was really seemingly perfect, but these don't exist, so I stay away. I get offers for dates etc (not like all the time, but they are there) but I don't go. A drink can lead to further things, and they always lead to pain, at least in my head, so I just don't let the ball start rolling. As you can guess, this section does not make me happy.

(Sorry if you have read this and found it depressive, but be safe in the knowledge you've just read what I'm sure is my longest post here)
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 18:19   #13
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Diet and general gut-health.
Also, improved reading material to improve mental health, although diet/gut health and environmental changes are possibly more important in obtaining that.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 18:22   #14
Tomkat

Why don't you just go on one of these dates Stew? It isn't a "Let us now be boyfriend and girlfriend forever and ever!" offer, and can be fun.

It'd also go a long way to showing you that plenty of other girls can be the right one for you, and that this ex-girlfriend of yours isn't perfect.
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 18:40   #15
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Why don't you just go on one of these dates Stew? It isn't a "Let us now be boyfriend and girlfriend forever and ever!" offer, and can be fun.

It'd also go a long way to showing you that plenty of other girls can be the right one for you, and that this ex-girlfriend of yours isn't perfect.
I know you're right but all I'd be thinking about is "at what point are you going to turn around and rip my heart out" (or something less dramatic!). I was 'seeing' (I refused to use that word) a girl last Autumn. We'd fool around and stuff, anyway she got really drunk, told me how she was falling in love with me so I put an end to it the next day. I could just see me getting hurt, or me hurting her. It kind of proved to me that the state of mind I'm in at the moment isn't right.

Maybe I'll try again soon
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 18:44   #16
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Quote:
I think perhaps that's better though. Because you only spent a bit of time with her, you had a great time with her and so never left the honeymoon period. Leaving it as it is at the moment means you'll have a really positive view on the whole thing. If you spent more time together, it might end up that you don't really get along that well when it's more intense

(speaking from experience)
Yeah, I know you're definately right there - and don't get me wrong, I'm happy that it happened, and i have wondered if we were together more often whether we'd have as good a relationship as we had when we were further apart. The problem is now I guess I'll always be wondering what might have been.

Quote:
That's a good view to have. If you start to decide what you want to do now, no doubt something will go wrong and you'll be stuck with no plans at all.

Why don't your parents want you to be a teacher?

What are you planning on doing at uni? French and German?
Yeah, French and German with the option of starting another language. My parents don't want me to be a teacher mainly because they don't think teachers get paid enough. They say that if I were to use my languages in a business environment I would get paid more, and obviously this is true, but it's not all about the money, and I can see myself really enjoying teaching - I don't think they see it the same way. They won't stop me from doing what I want, but they'll always disapprove and stick in the odd comment about getting stabbed/shot/verbally abused here or there to try and make me change my mind.
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 18:44   #17
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Employment and Location
Currently coming up to the end of my second year in University. Next week I have an interview for a work placement job, for my sandwich year, before the third and final year of my course. If that doesn't happen, then I also have in the pipeline a potential full summer job involving web design, and the possibility of employment as an AA in the civil service. I currently work part time in a petrol station (hate, hate, hate).

Money
Isn't really much of a problem.

Lovelife
I have been seeing my GF for over eighteen months now, everything is just fine
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 19:16   #18
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Education/Work

I'm coming to the end of my 4 Year Physics Masters. At some stages I really couldn't be bothered with it and was pretty lazy/apathetic on certain bits when I probably should have worked harder. I'll probably come out with a 2:1 though i'm right on the boundary between a 2:1 and a 1st so it could go either.

A lot of the course was just read this, regurgitate in exam and I found it really hard to care about. By far the most interesting and rewarding bits have been the 3rd and 4th year projects and on the basis of these i've applied for and been accepted onto a PhD at the same university.

This is something that I feel I can do really well on, as opposed to just going along with it. I seriously intend to put the effort in and acomplish something.

Money

I'm pretty much broke as most students tend to be. I have enough to live on and pay the bills/etc and go out occassionally so it could be a lot worse.

Social Life

The thing I should probably mention here is I don't really drink. I can go out and have a good time but rarely get drunk. I'd say this is mostly a control issue. I don't like being out of control of a situation.

I have lots of friends but one of the things that worries me sometimes is that i'm not particularly bothered whether I see the majority of them or not. I have a few really good friends who I'd miss if they weren't around but there's a lot of people i'd class as friends that I wouldn't really miss.

Love Life

Been going out with my girlfriend for about 18 months. We've been living together at Uni for the past 7 months or so and things are really good. I love her and she is going to be the person I marry some day and I know she feels the same. I'm not sure what else there is to say here and too much lovey stuff will probably make people vomit

This Place

I thought I should give this place a mention. We haven't had any internet connection for the past 7 months apart from at Uni for a few minutes between lectures so I haven't posted on here for what seems like an age. I was pleasantly surprised that I haven't really missed the internet in general apart from the annoyance of not being able to do work at home and having to travel into Uni. I did however miss this place a bit and it's very easy to just ignore the outside world when you're on here. Whether that's a good thing or not i've not really decided yet.

(I reckon that should be enough to prove Stew wrong and get the longest post )
Edit: No where near
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 19:19   #19
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Emploment

Recently got promoted at work. Enjoying it "alright". All of the bosses really like me and with only a couple of exceptions so do the rest of the staff (\o/ i'm popular \o/).

Love Life

There are a couple of options that are open to me if i so wish (at work). I do not know if i want an "office romance" tho. I'll prolly cave sometime within the next month tho *shrug*

Future

Got a Linguaphone Mandarin kit so i wanna learn that as best i can. Possibly go on a short course in the Evenings at Glasgow when September comes round (if things are going alright). After thinking about quitting work and going back to Uni i've realised that financially i can't really do this so i intend to do an OU course in Buisness/Economics/Management (something like that), but do it as quick as possible (ie in 3 years). I'm off work for 3 months of the year anyways so i should be able to handle it. After that i WILL quit work and do a masters in business or something then get a very much better paying job. Whilst doing all this studying i hope to get promted at work to EO level at least (very likely ... my lack of experience in my job is the only thing holding me back ... in a year time i will be prime promotion candidate etc) and then hopefully HEO. With this management experinece things should be sweet in job getting land.

Social Life

Prolly going to the net meet (i'll be seeing my m8 down in London at the same time) although im not 100%. Going to a May Ball at Cambridge Uni with friends in June. Going to Oktober Fest in Germany with friends in September. Also thinking of going to Mexico next April to learn a little spanish and **** a few american students on spring break.

Disclaimer

All these plans depend on me not "making it big" at poker. If i do start doing real well (which i hope i do) i'll just play poker professionally (this does not look at all likely atm)
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 19:33   #20
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Also thinking of going to Mexico next April to learn a little spanish and **** a few american students on spring break.
I'm considering doing that too, heh.
It'd be the time of year when I'd probably have enough money to be comfortable enough to do a bit of travelling. It'd be a pretty good time of year to go, too.

Unread 10 Apr 2005, 20:53   #21
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Education

Currently sititng in my second year, with a lack of motivation, im getting 2:1 on essays, where I rarely read for I just go to the library the night before get the books I need and write the essay in one night. Im pretty confident I can get first if I could be bothered, but thats the whole problem. ATM I should be revising but I just cant be bothered too, soon enough I will get the motivation back when I feel the pressure. This is worrying, because although im still achieving regular good grades, I should be aiming for a first all the way. im not quite sure why im not I dont know. Its just I cant be bothered to do something unless I really have too, the same went for my A levels and GCSEs and the same for my first year exams at uni. This is a problem for me, I want a good grade, but atm cant be bothered to put the effort in for it, I can get a 2:1 with some work, but I see more work being done for a first. However the main problem is come the third year I write a longer dissertation than I have written this year, I believe its 25,000 words, and I have two terms to write it, now this shouldnt be a problem, but once again its motivation and this issue of the deadline not being tommorow so I dont have to do the work thing. We will see. Career wise im still unsure of what I want to do, I have ideas, just nothing really jumps out at me saying "work for me for the next 40 years of your life"....

Money

Money has been a weird thing, I had a serious drout of money pre xmas, and was struggling to find enough money to buy food, pay rent, bills etc. In the end a friend bailed me out (I bailed him out with a loan of £1200 6 months earlier) They money dissapeared, and I had nfi idea where. So come the second term I had considerably less money, about £300 to live off for 10 weeks, im surprised but I managed really well and budgeted very well. I went out each week, and got hammered and still enjoyed the occasional meal out. The problem is that it was a weird lifestyle, not actually being able to do little things like buy a coke, a mcdonalds, kebabs, newspapers etc, little things you do alot. So I took up online gambling and seemed rather succseful at it, giving myself an average of an extra £25 a week to have a night out, from a couple of hours of work at Sit and Go tables. Ive also got past my addiction to fruit machines, and have got past putting a lot of money on roulette at bookies, I now bet in one form which is £1 accumaltors on football, where I can win £4000, once a week In about one week I will have close to £1000 to spend which will be good and atm I have saved £2500 plus my trust fund matures on my 20th bday, giving me a further £7500 equalling £10000 which will clear my overdraft and be a good start for a deposit on a house etc. Im no longer worried about money that much, and stayed away from gettin a second student account!

Social life

Its good in my opinion, I go out once a week to get hammered no fail, and then normally mondays, wednesdays and thursdays, I have a good group of friends and seem to always have a good time with both the male and female members of the group. My only regret is that sometimes I feel stuck in this group of friends, and I just want to hang out with some other people, this kind of got rectified last term, which means that I have a group of m8s who i drink with, then another group who are close friends and we eat, drink, talk and party together, so im content. Back at home my social life is awesome, as we are a group of friends who have grown up with each other since we were 5, we kinda think on the same lines, which is cool and its always nice to go home.

Romance

Lol, a weird one, after splitting up with my long term gf it took me a long time to get back on the scene. I then built up my confidence again this year and have just been chatting up as many women as I can, sometimes I get laughed up, sometimes blanked, but sometimes it can be rewarding, its all about trying, over and over again. Its confidence too, you look confident, a guy with good looks cant have that, Im confident in my manner, the way i stand, dress and talk, this has helped me alot with girls, not great looking but ive really turned a new leaf in women. ironically the girl that I am now dating is from my group of very close friends, she also rejected me at first, which was cool as it meant that I didnt have to try anything special around her "she said she wanted to be friends" so I wa her friend, and she then approached me to go out. Im happy with her but when I go back to brum I will still play around, boys will be boys, but what she doesnt know wont hurt her at all.

All in all life is good, im in my prime, im quite content, no major gripes. we all have ups and downs, just gotta deal with it and move on
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 21:42   #22
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Your Life

I don't really see the point of this in my case. My life involves lots of Chinese meals for one, screenings of Stop or My Mom Will Shoot, masturbation, (Not whilst simultaneously watching SOMMWS, you understand, I have actual porn for that.), and nights generally alone talking to you people about crud like this. That's about all you need to know.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 21:44   #23
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
screenings of Stop or My Mom Will Shoot
LOL Bullets or Cum LOL...

PS: really, I didn't want to post that. Something forced me to.
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 21:44   #24
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to tell that I chatted to a charming german girl the other night, at a party.
First german girl I ever found charming, and Ive meet a few (we have a german colony at my dorm town).
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 21:47   #25
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Your Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
PS: really, I didn't want to post that. Something forced me to.
Stop posting, or my friend will shoot you in the back of the head with a sub machine gun.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 21:48   #26
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Stop posting, or my friend will shoot you in the back of the head with a sub machine gun.
Right, I'm off to bed... it seems the smartest thing to do at the moment.
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 00:35   #27
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Life in General:

Im 25, student, living in Bergen.
I dont drink, I dont do drugs, and by most standards Im sane as hell.

Studies:
Taking history and religion. Ending up as teacher, hoping to get into the "teaching-course" next semester.
Have failed a few subjects, and my grades are not that good (due to using very little time on studying heh).
Im not a good student, and Im afraid I will fail the religion course Im taking now and that my history thesis (bachelor) wont be getting a A or B. As we speak Im 3 days behind turning in the thesis (not finished product though), about "the relative decline in the German economy 1990-2003).

Social life: Could have been worse. That said, I have done very little interesting the last year. I should have gone to more conserts, spent more time with my friends and so on. Generally I have problems "letting go" and just have fun. I tend to be a lone wolf.
Good thing is, Im not playing pa anymore. Not even a free account. So I got more time for things besides my computer.
Ive stopped working out, havent done it since december. Will have to pick it it up soon (not that I get fat anyways heh).
I spend some time on doing politcs. But I have gotten rid of a few things that I was responisble for, so I have less pressure on me in that sector.

Love life: Does not exist. Yes, even if I got a 30 year old woman who are very keen on me, and a 27 year old who wanted to make out with me last night. Im just a bit fed up, and worried that its cost would outstrip the benefits (with a relationship of any sort). A while ago I messed around with a girl a night, and she had to ask me three times before I said yes to go to my place and ****. And she had big titties. And I like big titties.

Im not normal by any standards. I have never been. I dont care about it. I sometimes wish I had a normal youth, but its not worrying me on a daily basis that my youth was different from the normal experience.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release

Last edited by G.K Zhukov; 11 Apr 2005 at 01:00.
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 00:45   #28
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

my life

21 year old student in manchester from london

student life: barely exists, i normally do an essay the night before. Havent as yet revised for an exam my entire life. Still, im doing "ok". I did miss 2 deadlines just before easter though, so i probably wont get my 2:1 this year, which is a shame. Still, the 3rd year (next year) counts the most, so as long as im not as lazy as i was this year i should still get it. That is, however, exactly what i said last year.

Socail life: despite my internet "drugs" persona, i dont do them that often. Which may shock some of you. I go out drinking once or twice a week, get stoned 3 or 4 days a week, and one day i just stay straight and get very very bored normally. I go to dance clubs and do harder drugs once every couple of months or so. It probably isnt good that im bored when i dont do drugs/drink, but since i discovered them, its just the way i am. I also tend to go overboard whatever it is im doing though, and tend to think a night is wasted if i can still function anywhere near normally at the end of it, which again, isnt so good. The amount of pure FUN it is for me however, offsets this.

My friends are good, i tend to have quite a lot of them, possibly because im such a great guy, or maybe its just fluke. People do tend to piss me off if i spend too much time with them though, whoever they are. I like my solitude for a few hours every day and dont think i could remain sane without it.

Love life: sadly, this doesnt really exist right now. Ive had a few blips on the radar, but am currently going through a monumentally long dry period, which is a shame. Its not THAT much of a bother though, except when i get melancholy drunk (very rarely). Perhaps its because it doesnt bother me that much that i havent made huge efforts to get one, either way, im single now, and for the forseeable future.

if this post sounds a bit sad, dont take it that way, i DO enjoy my life immensely. The tone of this is probably down to the fact that im very very bored right now, hence me making the post in the first place.
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 01:10   #29
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Will add my 2 cents then. I generally don't talk too much about my own situation, but well, what the hell. I'm a 21 year old student.

Employment and Location
I'm not employed, I'm living off of my student loan. As I still live at home, that is not a very big problem for the near future. However, I do want to move out to Amsterdam at some point, as I just want to be on my own, and able to do whatever and not have to go home each night or find a place to stay over. The only issue with that is that it's hard to find a room in Amsterdam, I would have a relatively small budget each month even with a job, as I'd be getting very little money from family and/or parents, and considering I have to finance my study myself as well, it'd mean that I'd have very little to no money to spend on going out or clothes and all that. Additionally I don't know what kind of legal and tax issues there are to a home owner renting and living somewhere else.

What happens after university is a whole different ballgame though, one I don't really want to think about too much yet. Obviously I'm going to have to find a job, but with an education that offers fairly little practical experience, that's going to be difficult enough in it's own right. I'll probably end up doing a variety of things I don't really like for a while before settling in somewhere.

Student Life
Little complaints here, going fairly on schedule, although I always start revising for exams too late, and writing reports too late. If all goes as planned, I should be able to use the half year after summer to finish my Bachelor's, and then do a Master's next year. I do need to take a more active role in managing my student affairs, though.

Social Life
No complaining from me here. I generally hang out with a mate during the weekends, watching movies, going for a drink, or just taking long walks. I regularly see a lot of uni friends outside of uni hours for cards, movies, drinking and all that sort of thing. It'd be great to live closer to friends though, as I only really have one where I live.

Love life
A fairly short one. Never had any, don't have one now. There's a girl I'm quite interested in, and I've asked her out before - she seemed up for it, but could only make it that week when we were going out with a bunch of people, and then I didn't see much of her on the evening at all. It's really confusing because she's thrown enough hints around, but at the same time there seems to be little actual interest from her side. So I figure she can do what she wants, I'm not going to walk after her like a pet dog.

Money
Building up a nice student debt that I'm going to have to pay off somehow once I'm done. I'm not too worried, as the student thing that hands out money has fairly relaxed rules for paying back, and I do expect to find at least some half-decent job somewhere. Fortunately, God (whom I don't believe in) knows where!
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 02:31   #30
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

20 year old student at Birmingham, from Lincoln.

Studentdom:
Studying English. The course is interesting in part, but sometimes feels stale. I love the subject, when I bother to study. I love books, when I bother to read. I lack motivation; or rather, the discipline to actually do what I am motivated by. I have dreams, I just can't seem to actually get off my arce to follow them. I am criminally poor at essay writing. Not that the finished result isn't passable, it's just that it takes me hours, days to start the thing; and hours more to finally finish it. Been getting high 2:1s, although I don't think I have handed in an essay that hasn't been started in the wee hours of the day it should be handed in.

Employment:
Generally too lazy to bother looking for regular work, at least while at University. In the holidays I plan to work with my sister in a 'kids' club' type thing, though that is by no means finalised. I have no specific plans for the future, though I am beginning to wonder if I should have. I think perhaps I would like to do a Masters, although I am struck by the realistion that I really do not know what a 'Masters' consists of. I've considered Journalism, but it seems an overly cynical and ruthless trade.

Social Life:
I don't drink. I don't do drugs. I don't particularly enjoy clubbing (though I think this may partly be due to the clubs I frequent). Bars frustrate me, as they should be a happy medium between home and a club; somewhere to talk, have some drinks, listen to music and be generally merry. They always turn out to be too expensive to drink and too loud to talk. I have some good friends at home, and a good Church. I have excellent flatmates and some good friends on my course at university. I don't have lots and lots of close friends. I'm quite gregarious, but only once I get used to my surroundings. Better at making acquantencies than friends, perhaps.

Love Life:
Non-existant. I don't think I'm strikingly ugly, at least. But I've never looked for a girlfriend really. It's always seemed strange to me that people enter relationships without the slightest intention of their lasting beyond school or university. A casual relationship is almost an oxymoron, in my opinion. I suppose I'm waiting rather hopefully for 'the one', naive as it may sound, though I would not want to enter into a serious relationship with someone who wasn't a Christian, which narrows the field a bit (so to speak).

Life is far from gloomy though. I have a really great family (8 of us, bit like a tribe), and I believe quite firmly in something that is inherently hopeful. The future is daunting though.

Last edited by Boogster; 11 Apr 2005 at 03:12.
Boogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 09:29   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Employment and Location:

None, Cambridge. I am a gentleman of leisure.

Money:

We just bought a widescreen LCD TV, we're doing ok.

Lovelife:

You people know.

Other:

God damnit, why can't there be any good PC games coming out at the moment? I think I'll look into that "God of War" thing for the PS2 (when it comes out in this country, anyway).
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 09:37   #32
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

Employment and Location:

Cambridge, and working in a call centre. Such fun. Its good as call centres go though, and they pay quite well (for a call centre). I am doing a bookkeeping course and hope to be able to set myself up as self employed once I am done with it.

Money:

What MrL said

Lovelife:

What MrL said
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 15:21   #33
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

employment + money. PhD with patents cashing in, so sweet. the concept of patents when you have some is awesome. for the next 25 years I will be earning money from an idea that I had once. I don't even have to wake up and I am earning money.

love life, married to a wonderful woman, so sweet.

location, crap. some things are good, but I am moving here as soon as the PhD is done. probably do another PhD in biology if the wife allows it or get a job with a large company.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 15:39   #34
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Employment and Location

I live in a crappy area, perhaps one of the worse ends of London and yet they want to bring the Olympics here...woo woo woo. ( I say one of the worse because over the last few months, there's been police "did you witness this rape/assault/murder" boards on a constant weekly basis). The house is falling apart too. No job although I would like one.

Student Life

At secondary school, doing my AS in about months time - Graphics Design, Computing, Physics and the bastard that is Further Maths (which is basically AS + A2 maths in the single year). Got mocks in a week which is gay. School's ok but really boring and strict - a very conservative and traditional school. School sucks - all it promotes is independance of mind but that's about it. Exams only observe how much one can remember from books and teachers etc., not how much intelligence each individual has - if it did, there would be no consequent need for IQ tests etc.

Social Life

It's mildly ok. Could be much better but half-of-the-people I've moved away from going out with are those who binge drink and mix that with drugs. As part of being healthy, I don't really drink anymore but engage in Shisha with group of friends which is nice, relaxing and about a billion times less harmful than cigs and weed (I used to be a weedy guy heh). Out every Saturday at pool place and then onto although all I have is a single beer - keeping well. Every Sunday off to Waterloo for Parkour training etc.

Love life

I've had 3 long-term relationships and after them all, decided it wasn't for me. First off, I'm unable to commit, secondly, after my first true love I didn't feel that same "love" spark anymore (de-wussified) - thanks to David DeAngelo's material shiznit, and lastly, because I'm after fun with no ties. I've had more fun with this approach than I have with relationships - would go into detail but they're bit raunchy - what I will say is the story of an incident with being drunk with a girl I had liked for some time in the massive shopping centre near-by, going down a fire-exit (which is really long & abandoned) & making out before being caught by 2 security guards JUST as we were leaving (they were suspicious etc.) had police lecture us and were banned for 6 months although I still kept coming in, they didn't recognise me as I had really long hair and a beard then etc. They've completely re-done that area, made it look all nice and introducted toilets in front-of the exit as well as employing cameras and a security guard.

Money

Well not well-off, dad's stingy with money, make do with the little I can scrap up. I've had money in the past for the vast amount of design work I've done but that gets used on things I've needed (not wanted - these needs come later). Had to rely on my sister few times although she's in debt being in her last year at Bristol uni.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 19:50   #35
Tomkat

Life has a funny way of kicking you in the nuts.

I'll backtrack first.

I had a job interview in Jersey (where I live) about 4 weeks ago, for a teaching post. It was perfect, the school is brilliant, the facilities are brilliant, the staff and pupils are brilliant. Unfortunately the post was odd (they wanted 2 people, who could teach a combination of English, Business Studies, Law, Psychology, or PE - ideally 2 of those listed - I could only teach Business), and I didn't get the job.

The school I was at is mixed, with 14-18 year olds there.

I was working at the cinema again in the holidays, and met this girl working there. She was really pretty, which was then I first noticed her (how shallow).

I was working with her a bit selling tickets, and we flirted and got on really well. I got to the point of fancying her, when she dropped into the conversation that she was 16 (17 in June).

I'm 22.

The best bit? She goes to the school I applied for.

Anyway, we were all out last Wednesday on a kind of work-do thing. And I ended up snogging her for the entire night, and have texted her a bit since. We decided not to pursue anything because of the age difference, and because I was going to be in Exeter for the next 2.5 months.

I looked on the school's website today out of interest.

They're advertising for a Business Studies teacher (purely business studies this time) there. Last time I applied, noone else was going for Business Studies.

So my problem. I really really want this job.

That girl would be AT the school, as in a pupil in year 13, while I'd be a teacher. I wouldn't be teaching her, thankfully (she doesn't do any of my specialist subjects), but still.

FFS.

Why did I go near her?

Also it worries me a little. If I succumb that easily, what's to stop me doing it again while working as a teacher? Jersey is kind of small - there are about 10 clubs, but only 2-3 worth going to. So it's pretty much impossible NOT to bump into a pupil if I went out. That'd ruin my career.

Augh.

I'll apply anyway probably. I know it was just a stupid snog, but it still worried me inside about what might happen, should I see her in the corridor, or her friends might look at me in a funny way as the "teacher who pulls students"

Dammit.
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 20:35   #36
Ste
Bored

that's an eternal problem with young teachers at schools with 6th forms.
you're not the first teacher that's done it and you certainly won't be the last.
She'll only be around for a year anyway.

Unread 11 Apr 2005, 20:45   #37
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Employment and Location: 3 bedroom semi with my parents, and my brother when he's back from uni. The house is in a pretty decent area relative to most of the rest of S****horpe. I live at the bottom of a hill, and the top of that hill is particularly awful to live, but the ghetto kids generally keep their gang wars to themselves.

Education: Currently at John Leggott sixth form college which I am finding incredibly boring. I enjoyed the first year but now I just want to get out. Approaching A Level exams in June. I'm doing Maths, History and Politics and need ABB to get into Sheffield to study Politics. I should do it, but if there are any question marks they are over my ability to get a B in Maths. We'll see...

Social life: Yeah pretty cool. I probably don't go out enough, but I go out on a semi-regular basis with various mates and we have a laugh and everything. No problems here.

Love life: Nothing of note to speak of. I'm fairly unattractive but by Friday at least I won't be a 17 year old virgin any more

Finances: Meh... I have enough to get drunk and buy various things I like. I expect I'll struggle at university, but few don't.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 21:11   #38
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
Love life: Nothing of note to speak of. I'm fairly unattractive but by Friday at least I won't be a 17 year old virgin any more
Will it be your birthday or are you guaranteed a lay then?
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 21:21   #39
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

My birthday

edit: Hopefully both! :xmas:
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote