User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 10 May 2006, 19:46   #1
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold
Round 18 stats =P

Well, yeah, how about starting to figure out and work out stats for the next round? Would be a good idea, as far as I can see. Will give the stats lot of input and feedback to mature before they get tested in beta.

I for one quite like the stats of this round, with some exceptions. So I suggest we use those as base? I'm working out some of my ideas, but anyone is welcome to make the start before I'm done, I just thought I'd post it now before I forget .

P.S.: of course the view on the stats can change towards the end of the round, but anyways...just wanted to add I'm aware of that, but still think this could be a good idea.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2006, 10:59   #2
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Round 18 stats =P

Will comment briefly on this tonight (I hope - if I don't, someone remind me!)
Unread 11 May 2006, 11:38   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Well, i'll just jump in and say that in principle i like it when stats are done with plenty of time to spare - rushing stats has in the past always led to mistakes being made, frequently very bad ones.

However, the problem with using the current stats so early in the round, is that it is not yet clear how races perform given the fullness of time - ie, Xan are making something of a concerted effort into the top 100 right now, and Cathaar's dominance is waning significantly. If we were designing new stats based on the current ones about 200 ticks ago, virtually everyone would have nerfed Cathaar to a large degree simply due to their utter dominance at that stage of the round.

So, its a bit of a rock and a hard place thing .

I quickly outlined a fairly good (imo) procedure that you might want to adopt if you (Xelnaga) wish to pursue your Ship Stats desires - its handy because it is littered with alot of automatic self-checks that will ideally make stats more balanced. A few posts after that one, i went through and ripped apart Ferretus' stats (sorry) using that method - perhaps an insight as to what you need to do to your own stats before posting them... . Hope it helps...
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2006, 16:18   #4
WeaponX
Legends live forever

WeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to behold

stats will always be influenced a lot by the choice of the top 200 players (race choice)

the current stats aren´t too bad, i think xan still need power up and caths some adjusting

ziks like usual perform better as they stole ships, they might even be bit too powerful as their co fleet is quite effective (especially vs terran who could need some adjusting aswell)

the perfect stats are 1 race stats but that would be boring

i would say wait til the end, look at the top 300 and then make your decisions (ie analyse the fleets of some top planets, analyse the statistics etc.)
Unread 11 May 2006, 17:35   #5
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'm not planning on doing it again; but I've always had an interest in poking holes in other people's stats (I was an annoying bugger. <3 jester/appoco ), so I'd be happy having a stab at anything anyone else tries.

Though like Sovereign said, it's best not to do too much until the round nears its conclusion because races wax and wane as teh round goes on.

Caths and terrans normally dominate early. This round it's been cath FR dominating, but as caths are forced to spread their expenditure and mandrake/scorpion become more abundant, they're now waning somewhat. Meanwhile, ziks are making a charge up the ranks with 2 excellent attack fleets, CO more easily able to rape caths who have now spent less on recluse and more on other ships. These ziks have fed from a lot of terrans, depriving them of roids, but providing xands with lots more targets in terms of those ziks; and terrans' general concentration on DE (which can be nullified by spectre), therefore helping them rise up the ranks. In turn, there should be a resurgence amongst some cath planets as more fat xands become available, but this will be limited by powerful terran and zikonian planets and an abundance of anti FR def.

The ranks 50-100 now look a lot more balanced. The ratio there is 20%-20%-28%-32% going ter-cath-xan-zik. Remember that terrans will be underrepresented and caths overrepresented as a lower % of those that pick terran and a correspondingly higher % of those that pick cath will be more 'hardcore' players... though a week or two ago I was getting significant flames for making cath the guaranteed 'winner race', making shit, unbalanced stats etc.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2006, 18:15   #6
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Do you see the #1 planet going down? I don't. e.g. Cath = winner race.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
Unread 11 May 2006, 18:37   #7
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNaga
Do you see the #1 planet going down? I don't. e.g. Cath = winner race.
Top planet is cath, therefore I intentionally made cath the winner race?
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2006, 18:43   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Nobody ever said you did it intentionally. I still think caths are overpowered as they're going to hold onto their roids and this will come more into play at the end of the round.

PS The current number one planet still might not win, horrific amounts of score are gained by ziks in the last few days of the round remember?
Unread 13 May 2006, 04:35   #9
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
No but you surely chose Cath to play yourself...
The only change in cath i'd like to see is Scorp becoming EMP and Tarant becoming kill ship...
Unread 13 May 2006, 06:01   #10
XelNaga

I'd prefer Scorpion changing target to something else.

Unread 13 May 2006, 09:21   #11
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNaga
I'd prefer Scorpion changing target to something else.
And now you need to think about how that affects the ships it targets, how it affects Ziks in trying to steal them, how it affects Cath balance and so on.

I doubt you'll be able to produce a decent set of stats until considering all of these things becomes second nature to you.
Unread 13 May 2006, 10:57   #12
TheGoaT
Old Timer

TheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to behold

I think the current stats just need a couple tweaks and they are fine.
Round 19-20: Ascendancy
Round 21: Quit
Round 30: Ascendancy
Round 75-81: DLR
TheGoaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2006, 11:36   #13
XelNaga

Thanks for the hint furball, but I don't think I needed it .

Unread 13 May 2006, 11:57   #14
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

WHY DO WE WANT BALANCED STATS?!

Until the races are either consistantly 25%/25%/25%/25% we won't get them.

I want to be playing round 18, not 2nd-chance-for-you-not-to-be-shit-in-round 17. I think learning and adapting to new stats is brilliant, once the round 18 stats are perfect, does this mean we will have the same stats for rounds 19 onwards?

As furball said, you can't just change one ship type or one ship class, you generally need to rework a few things. So I say, rework the whole lot, otherwise this game is going to get even more boring.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote