User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 3 Aug 2010, 09:46   #51
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all
Re: [Discuss] PA Merchandising

well if you knew me at all berten you would know i am pretty pathetic.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 10:15   #52
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If people are ashamed they play this game, then perhaps that's a problem worth looking into.

I'm pro real prizes, even if they're as cheap as a shirt. Credits don't feel "real".
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 10:31   #53
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
If people are ashamed they play this game, then perhaps that's a problem worth looking into.

I'm pro real prizes, even if they're as cheap as a shirt. Credits don't feel "real".
Guess there has always been and will be (atleast for a decent amount of time) some sort of stigma (aka nerd) on people who spend their free time to play online games. Whether this is valid and whether this is infact bad (the word nerd doesn't nesc mean a bad thing, allthough it is always perceived as that), I don't know.

I've quit playing online games when I met my current gf. Mostly due to lack of time, but also because I could imagine she wouldn't appreciate me spending time infront of a PC while I could spend time with her.

So yeah, she doesn't know I used to play PA 4 years ago or other MMO's the last few years.

OT: Wouldn't players who are interested in PA merchandising not be more interested in a T-Shirt stating "Ascendancy" rather then "Planetarion", hence alliance merchandising > PA merchandising? FAnG used to do some merchandising (T-shirts, mugs, ...), though that was only in German and I personally never bought any of that.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 10:51   #54
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

i think if you dont think that there is a huge stigma attached to playing any online game, especially ones of this type, then you are delusional.

they are seen as being for people who have no "real life" and no "real friends". Those of us that actually play the game know this to be entirely untrue, but that does not change the perception.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 11:01   #55
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
i think if you dont think that there is a huge stigma attached to playing any online game, especially ones of this type, then you are delusional.

they are seen as being for people who have no "real life" and no "real friends". Those of us that actually play the game know this to be entirely untrue, but that does not change the perception.
Yeah exactly.

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Aug 2010, 11:13   #56
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

You seem to forget the amount of people playing farmville/maffiawars/........ these games. In 2000 you were an absolute nerd yea, these days everyone spends so much time on their pc (be it FB, gaming, .....) that i think this has all vagued away.
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 11:43   #57
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by berten View Post
You seem to forget the amount of people playing farmville/maffiawars/........ these games. In 2000 you were an absolute nerd yea, these days everyone spends so much time on their pc (be it FB, gaming, .....) that i think this has all vagued away.
I don't think so. Facebook and other social networks, and therefor the games you could play on them, are perceived differently then online games. If you're constantly on facebook, people will consider you to be extremely social. If you're playing WoW constantly, people will pity you for not having RL friends.

Even if none of what they perceive is actually true. Hell, even I (be it someone who played alot of online games) make that assumption sometimes, as a reflex. Like when someone beats me at an online game, my first reaction would be "omg, he/she really doesn't have a life if they play so often" ... which is normal reaction tbh, but not a correct one.

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Aug 2010, 12:23   #58
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

The player base would need to increase five fold before they should consider getting any pa related merchandise other wise they wont make any money from it

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 12:27   #59
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
If you're constantly on facebook, people will consider you to be extremely social.
If you're constantly doing any one thing, people will simply think that you have an unhealthy obsession with that one thing. This includes facebook.
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 12:51   #60
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
If you're constantly doing any one thing, people will simply think that you have an unhealthy obsession with that one thing. This includes facebook.
I don't know. I agree that doing one thing, and only one thing ... to the extend that you sacrefize other things, might often be seen as an unhealthy obsession (depends on what ofcourse).

But being on facebook or twitter non stop rather marks you as over social rather then being a nerd. Being addicted to your I Phone or blackberry would be considered a "cool" obsession compared to gaming.

Which is odd indeed.

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Aug 2010, 13:03   #61
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
OT: Wouldn't players who are interested in PA merchandising not be more interested in a T-Shirt stating "Ascendancy" rather then "Planetarion", hence alliance merchandising > PA merchandising? FAnG used to do some merchandising (T-shirts, mugs, ...), though that was only in German and I personally never bought any of that.
I would think thats down to alliances to provide that type of merchandising.

PA stuff would be more open to everyone (open to ex players too).

I tried to get a PA mouse pad a few years back (maybe nearer 10), and failed. I would prob buy a PA mug (heavy tea drinker). But none of this crap "stick a picture" on it and be done.

Ideas for stuff:

Keyrings
Bottle openers - as a key ring perhaps?
Mugs
Glasswear - Pint and shots
Mug Placemats - For putting your hot cup of tea on.
Mousepad - i've not used a mousepad in years though
T-Shirts.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 13:04   #62
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know. I agree that doing one thing, and only one thing ... to the extend that you sacrefize other things, might often be seen as an unhealthy obsession (depends on what ofcourse).

But being on facebook or twitter non stop rather marks you as over social rather then being a nerd. Being addicted to your I Phone or blackberry would be considered a "cool" obsession compared to gaming.

Which is odd indeed.
I disagree; being on facebook or twitter all the time makes you look like a twat. There is nothing sadder than updating your status two or three times an hour with "I'm going to the shop" "Hi, I'm back from the shop" "Damn, I forgot something at the shop" "I went back to the shop but it had closed" (for example).

I mean, maybe there are some cultural variations as to the acceptability of social networking site addiction; but I doubt they're that great. If you're on facebook all the time then by definition you're not out doing anything genuinely sociable, such as playing football; drinking; clubbing; going to the gym etc.

We of course talking about extreme cases here which isn't really where this thread should be going.

If we reintroduced GENUINE PRIZES for 'winning @ Planetarion' then you can be sure that competition would increase. At the moment it's like "Hey, you ruined your life for two months. Have a pat on the back". I'm not saying offer huge cash jackpots or anything, but something material with which they can reflect on later on in life (awwwww) would stand as a far better incentive for winning than what... 3 credits? What is the prize these days?

Yes, let's compete for credits to the game. It's not like we could get a credit off of a friend if we were struglling anyway
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 13:05   #63
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
Some good ideas
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 13:37   #64
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
I mean, maybe there are some cultural variations as to the acceptability of social networking site addiction; but I doubt they're that great. If you're on facebook all the time then by definition you're not out doing anything genuinely sociable, such as playing football; drinking; clubbing; going to the gym etc.
You don't need to convince me aye but alot users use mobile phone to change or check their facebook status. You can do that while having a drink or clubbing really.

Twitter even worse, it's mostly done by mobile phone nway.

Hence why I believe they are more accepted or higher on the "social ladder" compared to online gaming, where you have to stay at home (more or less).

Saying "I got got 500 friends on facebook" will make you more popular then saying "I killed 500 enemies yesterday and was 1st on the server" ...

Now, don't get me wrong. Both mean nothing to me and I'm merely using them as an example as how it would be perceived, most likely.

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Aug 2010, 14:58   #65
t3k
The Video Guy

Then I shall stop arguing with you about facebook :P
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 17:28   #66
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

ODDR will launch its own perfume brand " ODDeuR

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 17:37   #67
t3k
The Video Guy

Oh dear
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 19:33   #68
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

basically its just me farting in a bottle, according to our members it smells like a field of flowers

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 20:07   #69
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

I miss the PA thong...
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 20:44   #70
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by berten View Post
I'd say: bring back pa-tshirts for Winners (instead of a lousy credit)

Yeah **** I never got so much as a shirt or a mug even man and it was 13.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2010, 00:53   #71
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I want an Ascendancy hoody. It will fit with my Ministry shirt.
Unread 4 Aug 2010, 05:52   #72
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

I am still waiting for the T-Shirt and Mug i ordered in 2002 ?
Unread 4 Aug 2010, 08:11   #73
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

I like the parfume idea though.

"Planetarion". When you want to smell of piss, vomit, three-day-old beer, and death.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2010, 09:37   #74
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
Yeah **** I never got so much as a shirt or a mug even man and it was 13.
I want one also! no, I DEMAND ONE ( a mug )

who cares about credits anyway, someone will always upgrade me if I feel too cheap.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2010, 10:03   #75
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
I like the parfume idea though.

"Planetarion". When you want to smell of piss, vomit, three-day-old beer, and death.
I never had the "pleasure" of smelling three-day-old beer or death ... looking forward to it.

FA Gaming community

Unread 8 Aug 2010, 14:36   #76
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough
Cool Re: [Discuss] PA Merchandising

I hereby order a "Talk faster, my galaxy needs me" hoodie in grey or black

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2010, 16:22   #77
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varok View Post
I hereby order a "Talk faster, my galaxy needs me" hoodie in grey or black
I will ask Jagex to make one, just so I can buy this.