User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 May 2005, 15:47   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Who else still owns...

...one of these or similar?
I'm tempted to get it out of the loft and see if it still works at some point. I have two joysticks and everything so literally seconds of multiplayer pong fun could be had.
Unread 17 May 2005, 15:49   #2
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Who else still owns...

Sell it on ebay and make £26.89
Unread 17 May 2005, 15:55   #3
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

I'm after a C64, for programming purposes.

Actually for memories, but programming was a good excuse...
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 16:08   #4
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I miss the C64.

And that early atari console, i forget the names now but it had a game where you were a cube and you had to escape a maze with dragons in it. Also, one where this snake thing came down from the top and you had to shoot it ( I want to say centipedia?)

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 16:10   #5
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I have a CPC 6128+. It is ace.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 16:19   #6
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have a C64 and a couple of amigas in storage, but find it's easier to use emulators than dig them out for a trip down memory lane (I got another 2000 disk torrent yesterday actually). I'll probably be a nerdy collector of all 80s platforms someday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalon
And that early atari console, i forget the names now but it had a game where you were a cube and you had to escape a maze with dragons in it. Also, one where this snake thing came down from the top and you had to shoot it ( I want to say centipedia?)
probably the 2600, no idea what your cubey dragon game is but the other was simply centipede
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 16:21   #7
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Somewhere in my mother's loft there is a CPC664, Commode 128, 2 Spectrums (an original 128 and an old 48k) and a ZX81 with 16k ram pack.

I'm showing my age arn't I ?

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 16:32   #8
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
I'm showing my age arn't I ?
No but you are showing us where to look next time we fancy robbing a loft.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 17 May 2005, 16:44   #9
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

I have an Atari 2600 at with about a dozen games. I also have a Toshiba MSX kicking about somewhere, but I think the 'r' key is bust :(((

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 16:48   #10
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Amongst others I've got a Vectrex game console.

I also massively regret selling my Neo Geo.
Unread 17 May 2005, 17:33   #11
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
I have a CPC 6128+. It is ace.
You ponces with your disk drives.
Real men use tapes!

Also, didn't the 6128 have THE strangest disks ever? They were 3" (not 3.5"), and they couldn't quite bear to get away from how tapes worked: you still had to eject them, turn them over, and put them back in again to get the data on Side B.

One thing I certainly don't miss about my 464 was setting a game loading and walking off, just to find "Read error a. Rewind tape to block 2 and try again" scrolled 25 times down the screen as it had ****ed up 30 seconds after I left.
Of course, sods law said that if you sat there and watched it loading for 10 minutes there would never be an error, ever.
Unread 17 May 2005, 17:36   #12
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

There was also a bigger cartridge that was permanently in your Amstrad and was ace (mine was Burning Rubber), but I imagine your shitty 464 didn't have this.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 17:44   #13
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...191641128&rd=1

i have one of those with the joystick and gun in a draw. it still works too. the disc is a bit dodgy after so muhc time and dust but it still runs !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

i have that in the office with its memory absolutely maxed out (a whole 8meg of it i think) phwoar.
and also another Atari 520STE which is technically a better pc but the ST was 'upgraded' to its maximum capacity so infact was faster.

oh happy days.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 20:44   #14
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Ah yeah i forgot the 6128+ was the one that thought it was a console.
Yeah my 464 is bottom of the line. Proper proper old school.
Surprising what could be done with 64k of memory back in the day...
Unread 17 May 2005, 23:08   #15
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Oddly, I won the exact same things that JJ owns.

I have a later version of the spectrum too, which ran on tapes!
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 23:20   #16
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Was Alex the Kid not the Master System?

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 23:35   #17
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I had Alex Kid on the Sega Master System, yeah the 8-bit one.

Shit game though, but my little brother loved it like if it was masturbation. He also enjoyed 'My Little Pony'.

He didn't turn out gay, actually he lives with a rather hot woman
Unread 17 May 2005, 23:51   #18
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I had Alex Kid on the Sega Master System, yeah the 8-bit one.

Shit game though, but my little brother loved it like if it was masturbation. He also enjoyed 'My Little Pony'.

He didn't turn out gay, actually he lives with a rather hot woman
Oh, the irony.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 23:53   #19
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Yeah I knew

Yeah I know
Unread 18 May 2005, 00:59   #20
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

What do you get for an Amiga 500 with monitor and some games on ebay these days?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2005, 06:27   #21
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
No but you are showing us where to look next time we fancy robbing a loft.
Can you polish my bear trap collection while you are up there please, ta

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 18 May 2005, 06:30   #22
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...191641128&rd=1

i have one of those with the joystick and gun in a draw. it still works too. the disc is a bit dodgy after so muhc time and dust but it still runs !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

i have that in the office with its memory absolutely maxed out (a whole 8meg of it i think) phwoar.
and also another Atari 520STE which is technically a better pc but the ST was 'upgraded' to its maximum capacity so infact was faster.

oh happy days.
I nearly bought a STE but decided the Amiga 3000 was far cooler.

I didn't buy that either and ended up getting a 386dx 25 instead.

I think I was robbed

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 18 May 2005, 06:45   #23
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

While I remember, I spoke to my brother and apparently there is also his old Amiga 500 and 1200 up there as well as something called a Thor which is apparently a Sinclair QL on steroids. So many steroids in fact that the PSU blew up and it hasn't been touched in about 7-8 years.

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 18 May 2005, 09:09   #24
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
What do you get for an Amiga 500 with monitor and some games on ebay these days?
I don't know, but here's a plan: go and look!
Unread 18 May 2005, 09:47   #25
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I've still got several C64's, including one modded with a 'roche' turbo kit.
also a C16
Conic M-1200 (RCA Studio II clone)
Dick Smith System 80 (Tandy TRS-80 clone)
Tandy TRS-80 Model 100
A Sega Master System II
couple of Game Gears

probably a whole load of other stuff hiding in storage too
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2005, 09:57   #26
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
And NES does have it charms. I still think Final Fantasy 3 (No, not FF6) is one of the greater games in the series. Wonderfull story.
The NES was the first "computer" I owned. It truely rocked. I can't think of the hours I spent playing Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt.
One NES we picked up from a junk-market now houses my server. The original one I still own and is in my room. When I'm feeling really nostalgic I play Mario Bros. or Duck Hunt again.