User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 16 Jun 2006, 11:23   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
[Desk] Top

Here's my june desk.

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/2677/junedesk4ua.jpg

Post yours
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 12:06   #2
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: [Desk] Top

if your going to do this it would probally be handy to describe what programs your running to acheive the look and any plugins you used for these apps to acheive certain elements
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 12:07   #3
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

mine*

oh, come on, that joke hasn't been done in a while.
edit: my Windows desktop. nothing interesting, objectDoc for that bar at the bottom, some random styleXP-Style and that DesktopEarth-thingy someone from around here recommended a while ago for the background.

Last edited by wu_trax; 16 Jun 2006 at 12:30.
wu_trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 12:32   #4
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Mine is here

Samurize provides configs to the right (ive customised it somewhat).

Theme is Clearlooks 0.6.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 12:41   #5
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
Mine is here

Theme is Clearlooks 0.6.
Why does your desktop seem so wide? Seems extreamly wide even if you have a widescreen display
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 12:44   #6
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Its two 19" tft monitors @ 1280 x 1024 (each)
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 13:01   #7
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/4403/desktop5rq1.jpg

Am I the only one with a normal desktop where I can actually find my stuff?

And btw JJ, lovely monitors :9
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 13:03   #8
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Very well Wakey!

I have used AveDesk, Aquaxon VS style, Winbar (winbar.nl), Yz Dock, Rainlendar, Samurize and .minTunes
----------retired-------
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 13:10   #9
JammyJim
Godfather

The wallpaper on yours is from studiotwentyeight i take it. (Kol)

Ive got various ones with precisely the same clouds so presumably its from the same dude.
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 13:15   #10
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Ah my bad! I'll go into detail.

Yeah the wallpaper is by Kol - more of his awesome ones can be found here - http://-kol.deviantart.com

The thingy to the top right is a FTP desklet that comes up with AveDesk.

The bar you see under my taskbar is called WinBar & it allows me to control everything with one click - the memory opens up task manager, the lil hard-drive icon controls hdd cleanup, the NL, CL, SL control the nums lock, caps lock (so I no longer have to press the caps lock key!) and the 1280 * 1024 bits opens up a lil pop-up that I can select different resolutions & refresh rates.

The lil iTunes music thingy is a skin called 'Lucid' that is used for AveTunes - a plugin for AveDesk.

The theme used can be found here. I have a different MSStyle so your explorer won't look the same as mine. The toolbar for my explorer is something called 'Styler' that you can buy for $10. The bottom of my explorer is a dll extracted from Vista that I've made work with the theme above.
----------retired-------
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 13:39   #11
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
Mine is here

Theme is Clearlooks 0.6.
Dude you really should read your pms
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 13:41   #12
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

This, or when I'm browsing the web, this.

Done using Gnome and a wallpaper from gnome look.
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 13:47   #13
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My desktop.

Nothing major, I used to have Desktop Earth until I got a little bored of it. Everything else is standard Windows XP on a 1280*800 laptop screen.
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 15:06   #14
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

furball, that's almost like my desktop was some months ago I had lots of the same shortcuts as you , just the picture that's different
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 15:07   #15
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
furball, that's almost like my desktop was some months ago I had lots of the same shortcuts as you , just the picture that's different
Did you also have FMScout open so you can cheat at FM
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 16:03   #16
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
I'm not going to get into the cheating debate to derail this thread - but at least it's not MCFM. I was using FM Scout to check out a Liverpool team that I hardly know, as well as finding a useful but cheap AMC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
I think they're all fairly standard programs for knowledgable computer users to have - Skype, VLC, Nero, Google Earth, etc.
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 16:36   #17
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
No, but I did have FM'06
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 18:08   #18
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

When my computer isn't broken, I just have the standard XFCE (a linux desktop-environment for those less linux-savvy) desktop with as many icons as will physically fit :|
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 18:26   #19
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
Those cows are ****ed. It's a nice background, but too saturated for me.

Mine.
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 19:02   #20
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

which icon set are you using s|k?
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 19:37   #21
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
which icon set are you using s|k?
Dropline Neu, which is svg based and very cool. I started working on my own icon sets, based on it. What bothers me about icon sets in Gnome is that usually Firefox and Epiphany share the same icon. Which is why I have two of the same icons in the panel on the top. I use Epiphany for general web browsing and Firefox for webdevelopment, and I want different icons for it. Sucks. :<
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 20:04   #22
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
. The bottom of my explorer is a dll extracted from Vista that I've made work with the theme above.
Are you able to supply any more info on this, its one of the best parts of your desktop imho and I would be intrested in getting my explorer to look like that
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 20:25   #23
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Are you able to supply any more info on this, its one of the best parts of your desktop imho and I would be intrested in getting my explorer to look like that
My experience has been that this sort of trickery makes Windows highly unstable.
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 20:42   #24
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
My experience has been that this sort of trickery makes Windows highly unstable.
You're wrong. The dll simply moves the info from the side of explorer and shifts it to the bottom. You can't minimize sections (for example Picture Tasks, More Places) so any you don't want to appear, you have to 'minimize' prior to loading this dll.

Due to wakey's request, I've uploaded it to my server. All you have to do is to go to the folder within C:\Windows\Resources that has your theme and replace the shellstyle.dll with this one. Close all instances of explorer and open it up again The colours of it are and so cannot be changed. It can be annoying for example when nothing is clicked, it is a really thin bar but when something is clicked and you have picture preview on it blows up as seen in my screenshot.

Enjoy

http://ssh.imsterdns.net/mlib/Shellstyle.dll
----------retired-------
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 21:20   #25
wakey
Hamster

The download isnt working Androme2. When you sort that though it will be much appreciated. It might even motivate me into doing something more with my desktop as its pretty basic atm
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 21:31   #26
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
You're wrong. The dll simply moves the info from the side of explorer and shifts it to the bottom. You can't minimize sections (for example Picture Tasks, More Places) so any you don't want to appear, you have to 'minimize' prior to loading this dll.
I'm wrong because I don't remember my experience correctly or because I'm lying? Anyhow your little explanation there, 'you can't minimize sections', gives evidence of just how it ****s over window's basic functionality. I already have enough issues with Itunes not minimizing right on Windows, I wonder what this would do in addition. I'm sure all other sorts of unpredictable things happen.

Your desktop looks great, but creating threads under a false pretense (almost) nobody is fooled by is shit.

Last edited by s|k; 16 Jun 2006 at 21:36.
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 21:58   #27
JammyJim
Godfather

shellstyles dont usually screw up windows dude
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 22:15   #28
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
The download isnt working Androme2. When you sort that though it will be much appreciated. It might even motivate me into doing something more with my desktop as its pretty basic atm
My host doesn't like .dll files - find somewhere that does and I'll reup

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I wonder what this would do in addition. I'm sure all other sorts of unpredictable things happen.

Your desktop looks great, but creating threads under a false pretense (almost) nobody is fooled by is shit.
The thing is you're wrong. Visual styles and the shellstyles, providing they are done correctly, will not **** your computer up - what's already on your computer can **** it up - e.g. corrupt registry, spyware etc. They don't have access to **** anything up other than explorer.exe which even if it does, there's a folder called dllcache that is your backup for key system files etc.

The thing with the minimise feature is hardly a ****-up, it's just some might like to minimise those sections - few people will actively change it.

What kind of false pretense you're on about is beyond me. Come back to me when you have a clue what [1] shellstyles have access to & [2] you understand what the windows skinning engine is from top to bottom.
----------retired-------
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 22:35   #29
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Ok, I've re-upped it due to moaning to the server duder.

http://ssh.imsterdns.net/mlib/Shellstyle.dll
----------retired-------
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 22:47   #30
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
What kind of false pretense you're on about is beyond me.
Of course it is beyond you, most things on these forums usually are.

I just said it was my experience. So whatever the **** shell .dll or whatever the hell it was I played with, didn't work out well for me, and neither did window blinds. I didn't say yours was buggy, I said it was my experience. I had a problem with this shit, and I explained my experience for the benefit of everyone else. Really, everything is beyond you, everything.
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 22:57   #31
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Well that's great, I am enlightened by 'your' experience but I overlooked that for a reason - you are were telling people that this is going to **** up their computer when you had no proof even although you masked your point behind your own failure to deal with 'windows basic functionality'.

Don't blame the tools because you're unable to use them properly.

"I'm sure all other sorts of unpredictable things happen." & "gives evidence of just how it ****s over window's basic functionality"

Also, trying to portray me and what I've posted bares no relevance to this thread so if you seem to love me as much as you have stalked my posting history, then make a new thread
----------retired-------
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 23:00   #32
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Windows Vista is an OSX knockoff.
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 23:10   #33
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Windows Vista is an OSX knockoff.
And OSX is just Apple painting Unix.
----------retired-------
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 23:16   #34
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
tbh I dont think he posted under false pretense, after all he did little but to post a link to his desktop and it was me whom asked him to post more details on what he used to acheive the look. If I hadnt it would probally have remained as a thread with lots of screenshots only.

And your right that theres the chance that fiddling with things like this could mess up your machine and its a risk that anyone takes when they do anything to customise their PC but most people are sensible enough to know that if they arent comfortable enough with a computer to change such things then its not something they should be doing
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 23:17   #35
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Yes, but Apple wasn't so obvious about it.
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 23:23   #36
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

Whenever i've played with the way windows looked pretty much all that happens is that I end up using a lot more ram, but that's probably just windowblinds.
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 23:38   #37
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Well that's great, I am enlightened by 'your' experience but I overlooked that for a reason - you are were telling people that this is going to **** up their computer when you had no proof even although you masked your point behind your own failure to deal with 'windows basic functionality'.

Don't blame the tools because you're unable to use them properly.

"I'm sure all other sorts of unpredictable things happen." & "gives evidence of just how it ****s over window's basic functionality"

Also, trying to portray me and what I've posted bares no relevance to this thread so if you seem to love me as much as you have stalked my posting history, then make a new thread
You're a ****ing idiot.
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 23:56   #38
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Haha cool, you guys use LexisNexis. I love that database. It's better than google for news and corporate information. Good for law stuff too, and well just about everything.
Unread 17 Jun 2006, 00:20   #39
JammyJim
Godfather

you guys use windowblinds?!

'ew'

google neowin uxtheme patcher.

it just patches windows so you can use msstyles that arnt made by microsoft. no crap memory hogging from windowblinds.

incidently i dont like andromes desktop much. too cluttered and too many things running. I used to do stuff like that with winbar and yzdock but yzdock just got bigger and bigger and when i cut it down i thought 'might as well just use start-> and extend the number of programs startmenu shows as in reality there might be only about 10 programs (prolly less) i use on a daily basis.
Unread 17 Jun 2006, 00:27   #40
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Good point JJ. My desktop isn't about form though, it's about functionality. Everything I need can be accessed from one screen.

True it is cluttered but it's organised clutter

I always love your desktops for it's lack of clutter and the lil modifications you to do with Samurize that make your desktop personal but I'm not sure how I would survive
----------retired-------
Unread 17 Jun 2006, 00:39   #41
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

about all I need is firefox and gaim, so they're pretty much all i've got links to, that and the filesystem. I don't understand how peoples desktops get so cluttered.
Unread 17 Jun 2006, 01:47   #42
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like to keep mine simple.

But classy all the same.
Mine is wide for the same reason as JJ - 2 monitors @ 1280x1024
Unread 17 Jun 2006, 02:00   #43
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
about all I need is firefox and gaim, so they're pretty much all i've got links to, that and the filesystem. I don't understand how peoples desktops get so cluttered.
Well I make stuff (I program and I do create work with Photoshop/Illustrator/Audacity on windows and Gimp/Inkscape on Ubuntu ), and I download a lot of pdfs for school, and such. Also I'm always installing something or trying to fix something in Linux. That's how my stuff gets cluttered. I actually use the Desktop as a 'desktop.' When I am done with something, or after a few days I clean everything up.
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 22:49   #44
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My desktop can be found here. It uses something called Bricopack Crystal Clear.

I like quite a fairly easy to use desktop thats nice on the eyes and isnt too cluttered
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 21:42   #45
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

My desktop - nothing exciting.

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1271/desktop7fz.jpg
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 22:18   #46
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You lot have so much useless shit on your desktops it's unreal.

Im not even going to screenshot and upload mine. Imagine reinstalling Windows, installed Office, World of Warcraft, MIRC and MSN Messenger and having their icons on your desktop. Then you're done. That's what mine looks like.
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 23:10   #47
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Mine hasn't changed much from last time
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote