User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 18 Jul 2006, 19:10   #1
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Heating Up

Yesterday, in my dear hometown of Stockton (on-San Joaquin) the temperatures reached 110 degrees f. (43 c. ?).

This was somewhat sapping.

However, this would be weather which would cause s|k (who lives in Phoenix) to wear a sweater.

How is the summer, so far, where you are?
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 19:12   #2
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Heating Up

Somewhere between bunsen burner and lava.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 19:34   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i'm scottish, if its above 15C i'm ****ing melting

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 19:35   #4
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It is ****ing unbearable. My electricity bill was $182 last month. Also I live in Tucson. :P It is always over 100 degrees farenheit here. (in the late spring, summer, and early fall)

Last edited by s|k; 18 Jul 2006 at 19:43.
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 19:41   #5
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Apparently it's going to be get to about 37C in the next few days, which is franklly unbearable. It's already somewhere in the 30's here and it's already rediculous. Anything over 25C and it's far too hot.

Luckily I have a very large fan blowing at me so that's keeping me nice and cool, but it's still too hot to sleep at night. If the weather's going to continue like this they should start building houses with air con in.
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 19:47   #6
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I live in Norway, so we celebrate every time it goes above 10 C.

But seriously.. the temperatures have been crap so far here. Only had one week of 25+ C so far and the rest of the time it's been like 15-20 C. Going to Denmark on friday for a few weeks to visit family, so I'll at least get a few weeks of summer this year.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 19:47   #7
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's mid-high 80's here, and I use it as an excuse not to do anything.

Of course, when it's cooler I still don't do anything, but it's nice to have something to blame.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 19:49   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's about 27 celsius over here, which is pretty hot for ireland, and I always feel disgusting after work as our building isn't air conditioned (I imagine diageo, one of the largest multinational corporations on the planet just couldn't afford it!) and you end up sweating horribly. That said it's nice on the evenings and the weekends as I can lie out in the hammock or go for a swim or whatever takes my fancy.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 19:53   #9
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I also live in Norway and we've seen it creeping above 25 C quite a few times already this year. If it gets warmer than 25 C I prefer to do nothing. Two weeks ago I was at a festival in south Norway (Quart) and we had temperatures far above 20 C (as Nadar already remarked, 3 C would be quite far in Norway) and in the crowds during the day concerts it was unbearable. The evenings were enjoyable, with the sun giving light to an excellent scenery around the concerts, lots of people and lots of beer.

The last two weeks I've been working though, and I don't appreciate that everyone is getting a tan except me. It's also pretty warm in the building where I work, and everyone who comes in buys icecream/fruit/beer/barbecue food while I am working until the sun goes down pretty much every day.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 20:16   #10
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's in the 30's but no one can agree the temperature. Either way I am faaaaaaaaar too hot.

I feel under siege and am working late because only my office is air conditioned.

I can't do temperatures like this but thankfully the hummidity is low and I know that if I only wait a few more days the good old British weather will change and come to my rescue.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 20:18   #11
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Its been pretty warm and pretty good here. My problem isnt the weather, its my lack of will to do anything exept relax
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 20:46   #12
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

It was 105F yesterday here by Chicago with humidity index of 118F, that's usually about as hot as we ever see. That's the problem with this area, we've always got a high humidity index, so you go outside and are sticky within a few minutes and want to run to the nearest shower again. At least today the temperature readout on the bank sign across the street says it's only 80F.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 20:47   #13
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the first day of the sale at work is thursday. about 80 people in a 15x20 metre room. for 9 hours. with no aircon. and one window.

How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 21:07   #14
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

****ing hot as well, but I've got airco in my office thanks god. Going outside after a day's work is like walking right into a heatwave though. Also the gym hasn't got airco while the sun's been shining all day on it's big windows and flat top. Horrible.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 21:16   #15
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
I am faaaaaaaaar too hot.
Braggart.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 21:18   #16
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
It was 105F yesterday here by Chicago with humidity index of 118F, that's usually about as hot as we ever see. That's the problem with this area, we've always got a high humidity index, so you go outside and are sticky within a few minutes and want to run to the nearest shower again. At least today the temperature readout on the bank sign across the street says it's only 80F.
Year before last, I went to Chicago for the firsst time. Got pick pocketed waiting for the El after a game at Wrigley. At that point, I got pretty hot.

Last edited by dda; 18 Jul 2006 at 21:33.
dda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 21:29   #17
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I was in Murcia in southern Spain for three days to see the girly, it was 44C for most of the time, peaked at 46C once...I thought I was going to actually DIE!
It should never ever EVER be that ****ing hot. I swear I've not known anything like it. The girly who's spanish was nearly crying for most of it, so they really can't stand those levels for long either. Me being Irish I wished for death, even if I went to hell it couldn't be as hot.

Thank god for the beach and somewhat of a breeze.

I spent quite alot of time in supermarkets standing in the frozen food isle clutching two litre bottles of fanta lemon.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 21:38   #18
dda
USS Oklahoma

When I was in my teens it once reached 47 c. (117 f.). I and a group of my friends played baseball out in the sun for about 9 hours that day with water breaks and lunch. We didn't much notice the heat. I am no longer in my teens and do notice the heat much more now. Also, at that time (1963 as I recall) we didn't have air conditioning in house or car (poor side of town, damn the luck). Now I can't imagine existing without air conditioning.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 21:44   #19
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We once administered an empire of millions in 45degree C heats while wearing 3 piece suits but is anyone grateful???
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 21:50   #20
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

It's far too hot for me. It's muggy and sweaty and awful. I need another shower and I only took one a couple of hours ago. Shouldn't moan I suppose, but really you'd think mother nature would get it right for once - I don't mind heat but not this kind of heat :(

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 21:55   #21
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
We once administered an empire of millions in 45degree C heats while wearing 3 piece suits but is anyone grateful???
Mad dogs and Englishmen, eh what?
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 21:55   #22
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Well today it's raining and the temperature is around 10 C. I do not enjoy the winter. You northerns will garner no sympathy from me.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 21:58   #23
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Mad dogs and Englishmen, eh what?
racist.

it's "our international colleagues and Englishmen" nowadays
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 21:58   #24
dda
USS Oklahoma

What city are you in? When would be the best month of the year be in your area?
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 22:09   #25
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Year before last, I went to Chicago for the firsst time. Got pick pocketed waiting for the El after a game at Wrigley. At that point, I got pretty hot.
That sucks. I've ridden the El a bunch of times and not had that problem, but then again, whenever in Chicago I go by the rule of keep your wallet in your front pocket.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 22:13   #26
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

britain thrives on changeable temperate weather, anything over 22ish (which means 27ish with urbanheat) and we're panting on the otherhand anything over an inch of snow and the roads clog up and its national news (seriously). Air conditioners aren't the norm either so it isn't fun. As it is ill just say, the sun! it burns! Id quite fancy going oop oop norf, scotland way but someone told me once you get shit loads of flies or flyinginsects or someshit.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 22:31   #27
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Heating Up

Sunday here in Minnesota was pretty bad with temps near 100°F/38°C and 90% relative humidity.

Today it's a balmy 87°F/30°C with the humidity only in the low 80s. After Sunday it feels brisk, brisk I tell you!

I never love our winter here so much as in the summer (and vice versa).

[edit]Weather wise, I don't think we really have a 'best' month but we usually get about two weeks of great weather in the spring (before the first batch of mosquitoes hatch) and sometimes in the fall we get an Indian summer--a warm spell after an early frost (which kills the mosquitoes). [/edit]
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.

Last edited by Tactitus; 19 Jul 2006 at 00:13.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 22:42   #28
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
What city are you in? When would be the best month of the year be in your area?
London.

Winter.

Two simple words of truth.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 22:42   #29
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
London.

Winter.

Two simple words of truth.
Like new york london over heats, unlike new york london never over cools
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 22:48   #30
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
It is ****ing unbearable. My electricity bill was $182 last month. Also I live in Tucson. :P It is always over 100 degrees farenheit here. (in the late spring, summer, and early fall)
Mine was over $200. San Fernando Valley here in LA reached 115 deg F 2 weeks ago. The south bay average is at 97 deg this past month.

The end of the world is near.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 23:26   #31
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
Well today it's raining and the temperature is around 10 C. I do not enjoy the winter. You northerns will garner no sympathy from me.
fancy swapping weather?

The bad news is we brits have got about another 3 weeks of this because it was sunny on St. Swithens day
We shall remember them.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 23:47   #32
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
Sunday here in Minnesowda was pretty bad with temps near 100°F/38°C and 90% relative humidity.

Today it's a balmy 87°F/30°C with the humidity only in the low 80s. After Sunday it feels brisk, brisk I tell you!

I never love our winter here so much as in the summer (and vice versa).
Fixed. lol
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 02:01   #33
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
fancy swapping weather?

The bad news is we brits have got about another 3 weeks of this because it was sunny on St. Swithens day
Actually now it's fined up quite a bit and theres not a cloud in the sky.

Crowded House once wrote a song about Auckland, they called it four seasons in one day. Which is why I take an umbrella to University every day, nomatter what the weather looks like when I leave the house.
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 03:04   #34
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
fancy swapping weather?

we will have rain on thursday and saturday though , so sayth the BBC.
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 09:50   #35
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

30-35°C which is about 10° too much for me, but at least its very dry. so It's not that bad.
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 10:51   #36
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My outside temperature jobby which had been in the sun all day read 110degrees y/day.

However im inclined to believe it was closer to 95.

Today we should see over 100 tho. 102 or so the papers say...and thats in the shade usually.

I love this weather.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 12:19   #37
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

36C it got to here. And that's in Lancashire ffs!

I mean, I just had no choice but to go to the nearest country pub and spend the whole day drinking freezing cold lager in the shade.
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 12:22   #38
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Luckily, I have a rich friend who has a nice (huge!) house and a pool.
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 12:22   #39
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

About 35 here in Birmingham, im sitting in quite a cool office but its my lunch break in 40 minutes so I get to step into the oven.
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 14:30   #40
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Currently sitting pretty at 32C in Nottingam. Which is very uncomfortable for me.
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 14:57   #41
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

32/90 here, and I just left the safety of the fan for 5 mins. There was a breeze out there, but it felt like a hairdryer
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 15:07   #42
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

35C here in Fleet where I work. With the heat and the frigging planes buzzing the buildings from the Airshow its like being in hell
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 15:17   #43
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
I also live in Norway and we've seen it creeping above 25 C quite a few times already this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nader
But seriously.. the temperatures have been crap so far here. Only had one week of 25+ C so far and the rest of the time it's been like 15-20 C
Fandens forbanna hælvetes bortskjemte søringær
(**** **** ****** spoiled southerners)

8°C and raining here, and I'm happy with the lack of snow!
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 21:36   #44
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I was in court all day where they had fabulous air-conditioning. Hah!

(but yeah my train home took an hour instead of 40 minutes because of speed restrictions and it was very sweaty )
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 21:46   #45
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

screw all you guys. It was 54 degrees whilst I was in Egypt a week ago.

It's positively chilly here in comparison.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 21:57   #46
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

It's been somewhere in the 30s all week, and no sign of any rain yet The valley's aren't meant to be like this fs. Why can't we just have nice, warm weather. Or at least a bloody breeze. I feel like I am dying all day, though the nights are worse, waking up constantly.
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 22:35   #47
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

109 was the high here (Oklahoma) two days ago. Flying SUCKED.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 22:57   #48
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

I always have the heat turned up at Chez Maladoni's, but then again the blinds are always drawn.
Maladoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 22:57   #49
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh also my trains have been delayed/cancelled for the last 3 days.

The vibe has been very much lets get pissed at the pub at new street. It literally was packed with commuters pissed off necking pints. Needless to say when the train comes the ride home is comedy!
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 23:46   #50
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

I've got a little digital thermometer sat beside me here. It is now 28°C in my room. It's ****ing 11:45PM! It shouldn't ****ing be 28°C at ****ing 11:45PM
We shall remember them.