User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Dec 2003, 17:56   #1
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
MSN Messenger 6.1

Is shite. It makes you use a coversation box that is shockingly large, and irritating when you are used to using the 'Always on top' function.

PS. Dig the christmas smilies.

:tree: :lol: :snowman: :embar: resents: :nuts: :santa:
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 17:57   #2
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: MSN Messenger 6.1

Shame :presents: wont work 'cos it starts with a :p
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 17:58   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

In what way does it force you to have a large conversation box?

I have used a fairly small conversation box with every MSN and havent noticed any difference with 6.1
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 18:00   #4
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

The box that appears when you double-click on someone's name is wider than pre-update, and it wont let me decrease the width even when i ditch those avatar thingies. :/
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 18:01   #5
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

Actually... i just realised that i can shrink it when i lose the top toolbar. Oops. :")
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 18:02   #6
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

:nuts:
msn 6.1 is lame.

Last edited by vampire_lestat; 7 Dec 2003 at 18:21.
vampire_lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 18:27   #7
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough

phaez removal

this is the only help I will give you

but it doesn't help what you want it to so :/
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 19:03   #8
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Minesweeper Flags is kewl
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 19:24   #9
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about

i love msn messenger, i lost my virginity on it
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 11:40   #10
Another Slayer
Jungle King

Another Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant future

since updating to 6.1 mine has screwed up, keeps closing itself everytime i open it,

so im running on good old Windows messenger 4.7 now
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 13:50   #11
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

is there any difference between 6.0 and 6.1 ? i havent noticed yet

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 13:53   #12
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: MSN Messenger 6.1

Have people either:

A) Not yet discovered that wonderful mechanism called 'Yahoo Messenger'

or

B) Become very shite

?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 14:07   #13
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

most of us used yahoo before, i presume, and switched to msn. I certainly did, no one uses goddamn yahoo

Unread 8 Dec 2003, 14:10   #14
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
no one uses goddamn yahoo
That's because you've all switched to MShitN, like the ridiculous herd creatures that you are.
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 14:26   #15
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

No, its because MSN was on most peoples computers already, so the most people had it. At one point i was running ICQ IRC MSN and Yahoo at the same point which was just so ****ing stupid. I ditched yahoo because its kiddy and shit. I Ditched ICQ because i realised it was full of CS fags. I lost IRC because of this Uni firewall, and i kept MSN because everyone i know uses it

Unread 8 Dec 2003, 14:28   #16
Marilyn Manson
Gone

MSN = shit and unwieldy.

Yahoo = Joy to use.

I don't understand the logic of using MSN over, well, anything. I would rate two plastic cups at the ends of a piece of string higher than MSN. It is The AOL of instant messaging.
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 14:32   #17
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
It is The AOL of instant messaging.
That would be AOL Instant Messenger

What's so great about yahoo? They're all more or less the same, the only factor is what people are on it.

Wow i'm so cool i use |337IM and it rocks. Oh my mate Barry's the only other person i know who's got it, but boy the laughs we have at all the losers using MSN and having their 'conversations' and stuff.
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 14:36   #18
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
That would be AOL Instant Messenger
At least AOL messenger is shit, and knows it. MSN has pretensions of being 'a bit good'.

Like I said, Yahoo is easy to use and doesn't bother you with **** loads of poinltess Microsoft-related shit.
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 14:39   #19
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Like I said, Yahoo is easy to use and doesn't bother you with **** loads of poinltess Microsoft-related shit.

Huh?

If anything MSN is more retard-friendly and i don't believe i've ever had any 'pointless microsoft related shit'. The only thing i've ever had pop up is the updater to download the newer version.
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 14:45   #20
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

you are on a loser here. Arguing in favour of yahoo doesnt sound good either in my head or on paper.

Unread 8 Dec 2003, 14:49   #21
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
If anything MSN is more retard-friendly and i don't believe i've ever had any 'pointless microsoft related shit'. The only thing i've ever had pop up is the updater to download the newer version.
I was talking about the in-built 'Let's advertise pointless peripheral features' crap.
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 14:49   #22
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Arguing in favour of yahoo doesnt sound good either in my head or on paper.
That's because you're wrong, and have no judgement.
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 15:00   #23
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

i fail to find a slandering from oliver letwin damaging to my character, or a hinderance to me being entirely right

Unread 8 Dec 2003, 16:45   #24
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

MSN is better than Yahoo but indeed there is no difference in 6.1.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 18:19   #25
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

They're both as shit as each other.
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 18:21   #26
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
i fail to find a slandering from oliver letwin damaging to my character, or a hinderance to me being entirely right
That's because you're a fag.
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 18:24   #27
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Bob The Scutter is an unknown quantity at this point

the difference between 6.0 and 6.1 is that you dont get any censoring in your name with words like ****, ****, shit, wanker... etc... you get the picture
fo shizzle ma nizzle: a bastardization of "fo' sheezy mah neezy" which is a bastardization of "for sure mah nigga" which is a bastdardization of "I concur with you whole heartedly my African american brother."
Bob The Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 18:27   #28
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

You never got that in 6.0. I had (and have) my nick as "**** you too!".
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 18:33   #29
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

i got it in 6.0... bastards
fo shizzle ma nizzle: a bastardization of "fo' sheezy mah neezy" which is a bastardization of "for sure mah nigga" which is a bastdardization of "I concur with you whole heartedly my African american brother."
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 18:34   #30
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Scutter
the difference between 6.0 and 6.1 is that you dont get any censoring in your name with words like ****, ****, shit, wanker... etc... you get the picture
wrong, they took that out ages ago

and it wasn't client dependent as far as i know, you could have swear words in your name in using older versions too

MM: advertising of inbuilt peripheral features? I can't say that's ever had enough impact on me for me to know wtf you're on about.
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 19:31   #31
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Quote:
I was talking about the in-built 'Let's advertise pointless peripheral features' crap.
Do you mean the promotional pane? The one that you can turn off if you so choose? :P
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 20:54   #32
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

everyone I know that upgraded to 6.1 in the last few days can't even sign in....so, I reckon I'll stick with 6.0 for a few more weeks.

And MM, what in-built 'Let's advertise pointless peripheral features' crap are you talking about? I have my msn window open right now and see nothing even remotely resembling an advert anywhere on either of my monitors except for the 'nildram adsl' advert banner on these here forums.
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 21:08   #33
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D
everyone I know that upgraded to 6.1 in the last few days can't even sign in....so, I reckon I'll stick with 6.0 for a few more weeks.

And MM, what in-built 'Let's advertise pointless peripheral features' crap are you talking about? I have my msn window open right now and see nothing even remotely resembling an advert anywhere on either of my monitors except for the 'nildram adsl' advert banner on these here forums.

does he mean 'peripheral features' like the games, webcam, etc?

i dunno
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 21:14   #34
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
does he mean 'peripheral features' like the games, webcam, etc?

i dunno
possible i suppose...but I don't think those things make it 'shit and unwieldy"
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 00:51   #35
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

msn rocks

i keep in contact wiv all the homies
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 03:32   #36
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Instant messaging is gay

Don't people write postcards anymore?
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 05:24   #37
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point

MSN Messenger + Messenger Plus! = "da bomb"

(imho of course)
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 05:55   #38
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

MSN is good, it only lacks the invisible functions that ICQ has.
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 10:26   #39
smeg9
Ex EL High Command

smeg9 is on a distinguished road

MSN should be-able to send offline messages Like ICQ.

It isn't very reliable. this morning I had a message saying it was going to go down!!!
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 18:37   #40
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg9
MSN should be-able to send offline messages Like ICQ.

It isn't very reliable. this morning I had a message saying it was going to go down!!!
lol...for maintenance...can't really fault them for that
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 20:16   #41
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D
it keeps signing me out, and then back in automaticcaly every now and then... hasnt happened for a few hours now, but it only happened since i downloaded msn 6.1