User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Oct 2003, 20:36   #1
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Hey Guys, Spinner died

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...27&postcount=1

Almost.

So, when PA dies where are we all going?
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 20:39   #2
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hey Guys, Spinner died

awwww he mentioned me

"to the whiners on the forums"

Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 20:42   #3
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

he should have left a long time ago

I wonder what happened to this fudge guy?
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 20:43   #4
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is the second thread title in the last hour that's gotten my hopes up.

MY HOPES WHICH WERE THEN CRUELLY DASHED!

The bastards.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 20:44   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sorry =(

Who'll buy me an SA account so I can throw it back in their face then?
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 20:48   #6
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
I'm with Flayer here.

Not because it would have made the game better (OMG NO SPINNER RUINED PA LOL) but because he wasted all his money and has kiddies and wives to take care of!

I'll "take care" of his wife and kids.

All he needs to do is ask.

Well beg.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 20:50   #7
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Roxanne

Roxanne
You don't have to put on the red light
Those days are over
You don't have to sell your body to the night

Roxanne
You don't have to wear that dress tonight
Walk the streets for money
You don't care if it's wrong or if it's right

Roxanne

I loved you since I knew you
I wouldn't talk down to you
I have to tell you just how I feel
I won't share you with another boy
I know my mind is made up
So put away your make up
Told you once I won't tell you again
It's a bad way

Roxanne
Roxanne
is the song that will be playing in the background when spinner tells his missus

good luck in your job search spinner
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 21:34   #8
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

'whiners in the forums'

wtf is he talking about?
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 21:36   #9
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

He threw all his cash into something he loved, and you gotta respect him for that.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 21:38   #10
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold

Kudos

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 21:40   #11
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future

With his talents and Planetarion as the project to back up his CV I would have thought he could get a seriously good job somewhere no trouble.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 21:43   #12
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

<hint>
Sell the round 2 source code
</hint>

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 21:48   #13
spunkie munkie
idiot

spunkie munkie is a glorious beacon of lightspunkie munkie is a glorious beacon of lightspunkie munkie is a glorious beacon of lightspunkie munkie is a glorious beacon of lightspunkie munkie is a glorious beacon of lightspunkie munkie is a glorious beacon of light

thing is will he put the name spinner on his cv?
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 21:57   #14
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Spinner didn't actually do anything though, all the code/graphics/everything was done by other people!
he can code, just not as l337 as fudge
plus i'd imagine his PR and Management skills arewhat he'd focus on
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 21:58   #15
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

Spinner had* zero talent, and never did anything good for PA.

*)I know the title isn't for real, but I prefer to pretend it is.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 21:58   #16
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by W
Spinner had zero talent, and never did anything good for PA.
he fired you didn't he?
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 22:00   #17
W
Gubbish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
he fired you didn't he?
He didn't actually. I left after being totally disillusioned by his lack of intelligence, responsibility, and willingness to listen.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 22:02   #18
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by W
He didn't actually. I left after being totally disillusioned by his lack of intelligence, responsibility, and willingness to listen.
i was teasing
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 22:04   #19
Ragnarak

Quote:
Anyone can code, just look in #php/#scripting!

And I really don't think he should flaunt his management 'skills' what with the number of delays PA has had and the attrocious history of the beta tests!

As for PR, the only person who could put more spin on a lie than spinner, was the Iraqie Minister of Information!
Your post implied that the coding was the important thing he'd put on his CV, but like you said above, anyone can code.

He ran a business for 3 years, has exentensive knowledge of management, finances, etc.

Irrespective of the end result he has a lot of experience.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 22:05   #20
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
As for PR, the only person who could put more spin on a lie than spinner, was the Iraqi Minister of Information!
So he'd be brilliant in PR.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 22:07   #21
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Pyr0 said he'd buy me an SA account.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 22:10   #22
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am so sick of hearing about SA. What the hell is it, someone PM me the name.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 22:10   #23
Ragnarak

Quote:
So you'd employ him to run another web based browser game would you?
He has the best experience and knowledge of what's needed.
So out of the possible candidates, i'd say yes.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 22:11   #24
Intrepid00

Quote:
Anyone can code, just look in #php/#scripting!

And I really don't think he should flaunt his management 'skills' what with the number of delays PA has had and the attrocious history of the beta tests!

As for PR, the only person who could put more spin on a lie than spinner, was the Iraqi Minister of Information!
Planetarion was written in C++, at least it was last time I played it.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 22:11   #25
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidar
the cynical trying-to-be-clever board-kiddie comments are just sad and predictable

Surely every one of us can recognise the effort he put into PA over the years, and wish him well for the future.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 22:13   #26
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
Done.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 22:15   #27
Ragnarak

Quote:
www.somethingawful.com

The forums there are amazing. You have to pay 10 dollars. It keeps out most of the twats. It's worth it.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 22:16   #28
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

someone get me an SA account kthxta
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 22:20   #29
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Ok, you're quite correct, I'm sure Spinner will succeed magnificantly in whatever he tries to do next, with the huge success that is Planetarion under his belt, companies like EA and ID will be knocking his door down to employ him.

Not if the loan sharks take the door off its hinges first.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 22:31   #30
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future

I wasnt necessarily refering to any coding skills.

Lets see, he played a major part something thats running for 3 years and brought together a lot of interest.

Its still here isnt it? Despite this "Particular" board there are some people still playing and presumably still *want* to play.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 22:34   #31
Dace
so f*cking zen

It was 4 years actually (from the VERY beginning).
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 22:37   #32
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
It was 4 years actually (from the VERY beginning).
er

twas January 2000 wasn't it? I didn't think we were up to 4 years just yet.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 23:10   #33
Dace
so f*cking zen

I thought the very, very first thing was November or December 1999.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 23:11   #34
Ragnarak

Quote:
I thought the very, very first thing was November or December 1999.
i thought january, you could be right, like first round beta maybe? i turned up in early february but one of my mates had been playing for a few weeks
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 23:28   #35
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
i turned up in early february

SAME HERE WE MUST BE TWINS!!!!! ;)

And yeah i thought it was a very early BETA late-ish '99.

All we need to do is find someone who was here at the very start (unlikely) and we're sorted.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 23:29   #36
Ragnarak

Quote:
SAME HERE WE MUST BE TWINS!!!!!
in that case you're danny devito
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 00:10   #37
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
So, when PA dies where are we all going?
I'm stay here. Alone, and cold.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 00:12   #38
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

To the bitter end, gentlemen.

Bagsie playing in the orchestra as the ship goes down. I want a bassoon!
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 00:28   #39
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
<hint>
</hint>

Vaio
That's a great idea, were it

a. Not now owned by Jolt ('Simtech')

b. Still in existance.

MrL

Last edited by Ebany; 16 Oct 2003 at 00:33.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 00:31   #40
Intrepid00

PA death was its own sucess.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 00:32   #41
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
PA death was its own sucess.
That's not even close to making any sense at all.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 02:22   #42
W
Gubbish

Quote:
the cynical trying-to-be-clever board-kiddie comments are just sad and predictable

Surely every one of us can recognise the effort he put into PA over the years, and wish him well for the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by W
Spinner had zero talent, and never did anything good for PA.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 04:24   #43
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
www.somethingawful.com

The forums there are amazing. You have to pay 10 dollars. It keeps out most of the twats. It's worth it.
their banned user list is surprisingly entertaining.
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 09:33   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You wouldn't even be able to bleat like a whiny little bitch on this board.
He could be using (shock) another board!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 09:34   #45
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by W
He didn't actually. I left after being totally disillusioned by his lack of interest in my half-witted and often impracticle ideas with little or no real solutions to back up the theory.
Fixed

I'd also like to point out Planetarion was not his only gig and he had prior to working on it been employed at Funcom

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 09:55   #46
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
Fixed
Not really, no.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 10:38   #47
W
Gubbish

Quote:
I don't know how you can say that. Without him, there would never have been PA. You wouldn't have enjoyed the good times you once had being involved with it, or made any friends from it (assuming you have.)

You wouldn't even be able to bleat like a whiny little bitch on this board.
That might or might not be true, but doesn't change what I said anyway.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 14:26   #48
I Am TDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
<hint>
</hint>

Vaio
They dont have it. The pr1cks ammended all code and never kept copies of each round as it was.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 14:27   #49
I Am TDO

Now he has gone, I may not actually buy an account for the game.

Then again..
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 15:41   #50
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Not really, no.

Before the court I provide the following submission, just tell me this doesn't sound like crazy-talk to you (warning, long post and yes I'm aware I appear to be agreeing with the ideas presented, mostly out of boredom though I think):

<_W_> ey, any of you tried starexodus? it has some interesting parallels to planetarion at the moment
<_W_> right now they have made some changes to the way ships work
<_W_> so they have much less fule now
<_W_> fuel
<DJ_Bass> If it's not PA I don't touch it
<_W_> this is pretty close
<_W_> it's not anywhere near as established though
<_W_> after 5 days of playing I'm on 32'nd place in ship mass
<_W_> tatal about 400 players I think
<DJ_Bass> I'm sure, and lets face it, there are heaps of potential clones no matter how close they are to PA, I don't give any of them any attention at all
<_W_> nono, it's not a clone
<_W_> I doubt if anyone but be from either camp have tried both
<_W_> but it's a webbased multiplayer space game
<DJ_Bass> so name some things that are unique or different about it?
<_W_> and frankly it's much better. it has solved many of the problems planetarion is still strugling witth, alliances are no problem due to the way the economy works
<_W_> newbiebashing is still a slight problem though, but only due to a missing feature
<DJ_Bass> W, traior!
<_W_> ey, I've never said planetarion is the worlds greatest game
<_W_> but some of the ideas, although completely changed, can fix some problems in planetarion
<DJ_Bass> well sure, but all other games lack Planetarion's strongest point, its huge community surrounding it. Without such a user base a game like this is boring
<_W_> take alliances (corporations in SE), if someone grows more than someone else in it, the largest suffer since their shares in the company will not increase
<_W_> and attacks are less random, since everyone relies on trading peacefully between battel, when you fight you are blockaded from the planets controlled by the other side
<_W_> translated to planetarion you could introduse trade routes
<_W_> like in civilisations, a special "caravan" unit that tied you to another planet
<_W_> gaining from it's income
<DJ_Bass> W, this is Planetarion not SimCity... it does not revolve around economy and the like. Besides, to have an economy you need a population, neither currently apply to Planetarion
<_W_> nono
<_W_> it could be as simple as a parasite ship, much like the cargoship is now, just permanent
<_W_> and not draining the owners income
<_W_> just such a small change might aslo make it survivable for independant planets
<DJ_Bass> you don't make any sense, the cargoship doesn't drain the owners income either, nd if the 'parasite' ship doesn't then what exactly does it drain (what is it's purpose?)
<_W_> the "roleplaying2 aspects is not that important
<_W_> just a link of some kind, so you gain from someone else's income
<_W_> say max three links, just like you have three fleets
<DJ_Bass> communism
<_W_> yes, in a way
<_W_> but not like galaxies
<_W_> you could of course choose the galaxy mates as links, but not all will
<_W_> more favourable choosing someone larger elsewhere
<_W_> or atleast nearer your size
<DJ_Bass> unless we get better methods of multi control sorted out then it would only aid them
<DJ_Bass> your idea would be better suited if it was galaxy only
<_W_> I will never suggest hampering multis by gameplay
<_W_> down that road lies ruin
<DJ_Bass> and don't give them a choice in it either, just make it so that everyone in the galaxy gets a % of everyones income, much better IMO
<_W_> well, then you loose some of the point
<_W_> but it's a good idea that too
<_W_> half of a good idea don't make a bad one
<DJ_Bass> then we both have half a good idea
<_W_> hehe
<_W_> well, it certainly makes sense
<_W_> though it could be arranged manually by the MoD
<_W_> but forcing it might help galaxy unity alot more
<_W_> additional idea, witch might help stagger some of the worst whining now too: make fuelcosts vary the same way traveltime does
<_W_> ie travel withing cluster requires less fuel
<_W_> withi
<_W_> within
<DJ_Bass> hmm, true... make it calculated depending on travel time + number of units
<_W_> another much needed feature is friendly fire
<_W_> if 100k ships meet 100 ships, then friendly fire within the 100k will be much greater than in the lesser fleet
<DJ_Bass> not good IMO
<_W_> why not?
<DJ_Bass> doesn't do well to promote helping each other
<Obi-Away> i dont think that is a good idea....you will remove what makes planetarion this special....the cooperation between players
<_W_> not that way obi
<_W_> I mean simply within any fight
<_W_> ships do 0.01% damage to themselfs or something
<_W_> nothing to do with cooperations
<_W_> but something to do with overkill
<Obi-Away> hmm
<Obi-Away> so, even if it was 34134213 fleets defending, aslong as they had fewer ships they would never have friendly fire ?
<DJ_Bass> sounding better.. over a certain limit maybe, to prevent overcrowding of ships
<_W_> or make any "overflow" damage after you kill the enemy's last ship come back at you halved or something
<_W_> nah
<_W_> that could be abused
<_W_> I can almost see it, 1k warfrigates meeting 1 interceptors