User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Jan 2006, 12:01   #1
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Pubs

As you may know, I'm moving round the country fairly regularly at the moment and one of the problems when you get to somewhere new is finding a decent pub.
In Croydon I experimented with a couple of local ones before finding one I like watching football in that serves decent food and beer.

In the process of doing this I found this website: http://www.beerintheevening.com/

Now every time I'm going out somewhere I haven't been before I check out the rating of pubs in the vicinity.
It also helped me find a few decent ones around London.

So there you go - hopefully a useful website for you and if you rate pubs you know too it may help someone moving to the area

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 13:43   #2
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of
Re: Pubs

Good Beer Guide?

Edit: I guess it also gives comments on the shit pubs. But the GBG says more about the beer There are quite a few of those 'good pub' websites around.
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 13:54   #3
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeh good beer guide works as well. But with BITE you give your own feedback and you can find pubs nearby. and near landmarks and stuff...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 14:13   #4
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

you dont seem to be able to sort them by rating, which sucks.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 14:18   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
yeh good beer guide works as well. But with BITE you give your own feedback and you can find pubs nearby. and near landmarks and stuff...
The trouble is that people want different things out of different pubs. I love the Free Press in Cambridge, for example, because it serves a reasonable selection of ales, has no mobiles and no smoking, ensuring it's the perfect spot for a bit of banter, but it gets ranked lower than some pubs I consider to be loud, crass and with a terrible selection of drinks.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 14:29   #6
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

It's a decent website though I tried using it to generate a pub crawl before and it has the distances of places wrong which give us a really roundabout journey
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 14:34   #7
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
The trouble is that people want different things out of different pubs. I love the Free Press in Cambridge, for example, because it serves a reasonable selection of ales, has no mobiles and no smoking, ensuring it's the perfect spot for a bit of banter, but it gets ranked lower than some pubs I consider to be loud, crass and with a terrible selection of drinks.
Perfect example ->

Thursday night

Went out with housemates for a few birthday drinks. Since it was technically my celebration, I chose were to go, and we found lots of pubs like that above, and it was great. There was much conversation and fun.

Friday night

Went out in doncaster (yeah, shush) with one of my other housemates (who also has a birthday in the same week, 3 in 4 days it is), and the pubs we did were awful in my opinion, because they were too full, too loud, and generally annoying because you couldnt speak to anyone, and had to stand in a constantly shifting mass of people.
There wasn't much conversation. Or fun.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 14:46   #8
Ste
Bored

I generally read the comments though...

A lot of them haven't had many ratings either... Sign up and rate the ones you like/dislike and add comments - It's what I've done...