User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 Jun 2005, 16:34   #1
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
Free streamed TV shows

http://www.craftytv.com

I can now watch Ren and Stimpy - wicked!

Enjoy.
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 18:30   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Free streamed TV shows

Is that legal?

(From an immediate glance it doesn't appear to be, but I wondered if there was some sort of notice on the site I had missed)
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 18:48   #3
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Rocko's Modern Life

"A sad clown in an iron-lung! I've always wanted one of those!" *

* for pabs
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 20:02   #4
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Is that legal?

(From an immediate glance it doesn't appear to be, but I wondered if there was some sort of notice on the site I had missed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by website
is 100% Free of Adware, Spyware, Viruses, etc. We provide a free entertainment service and survive through advertising revenue. If you enjoy our site and see a sponsor you like please visit them.

although the lack of ads on the page apart from google ads!!!! makes me suspicious, as does the slightly amateurish feel and the 'make a donation' box on the left. I think ill let some 13 yr old try this before i do, just incase i don't get the conspiracy.

Although the futurama button is looking very tempting...the brittas empire less so. A lot less so.
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 20:52   #5
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

I think I love you Madina.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 21:04   #6
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

we have our test monkey. If weeks is killed by industry assasins as part of a sting operation or his computer is nuked by unseen non-ad-adware we'll know not to touch it.
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 21:34   #7
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

At least I will have watched series one of Rocko's modern life though.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 23:30   #8
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

The site owner claims that he isnt doing anything wrong as all the content is available to watch on US TV (or something).

But i dont have any worries about watching it.
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 23:40   #9
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

illegality has always been an effective deterrent for downloading files from the internet.
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 00:00   #10
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

that site doens't like FireFox . It says it needs to download a Plugin, but then it can't find it

EDIT: Openning it in IE and it wants me to download an ActiveX control, i'd really rather not.
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 01:16   #11
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Free streamed TV shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
But i dont have any worries about watching it.
When the obligatory black man called Bubba is raping you nitely in your cell, these words may come back to haunt you.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 01:48   #12
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I believe I can answer both questions.

1. Is it legal? Not likely, even if they are shows freely aired in the US, most TV networks have to pay a license for each show they air. The end-user may record those shows for private use, but may not reproduce or broadcast the content unless they were to license the material themselves.

2. Is viewing it going to **** up my computer? Short answer, No. Do I get to insert the obligary OLD tag here? This site is nothing new, there are hundreds of them all doing the same thing that have been around for ages. SaltWaterChimp is one example. The plugin the site is using is just the Nullsoft (Winamp) NSV player. If you don't trust Winamp then I geuss you better not trust this site. If you are super paranoid you could always find the url for the NSV file in the source of the webpage and copy/paste it into Winamp and play it from there. Also, for those that are not familier with this excellent feature of Winamp, open up the Media Library and scroll down to Internet TV, voila hundreds of the things ranging from TV shows, movies to music videos.
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 02:25   #13
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Conditions of Use

Legal Notice

If you wish to be a viewer of this website you must meet the following requirements before you watch:
1) You own the program(s) on DVD/Other legally obtained form of media.
2) You receive a cable/satellite/antenna feed with the program(s)

It is your fundamental right as a consumer to record/copy/digitize/re-view/ anything you buy or subscribe to at any time you wish to review them. Since these TV shows are easily accessible to nearly 100% of the U.S. population, and a majority of the foreign population we do not wish to burden you with any proof of ownership/subscribership. We make what you have the fundamental right to record and review available to you 24/7 if you do not have the personal ability to record/view at home.
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 09:55   #14
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
illegality has always been an effective deterrent for downloading files from the internet.
Well, quite.

But the issue here is that the site is not letting you download things (as I understand) but streaming them. Therefore, once it is shut-down (always a possibility with sites like this) I will cease to benefit from it. With a site like The Pirate Bay, even if it shuts down tomorrow, I will still be able to enjoy the various files I have downloaded through it.

Therefore, if it's illegal I'm not sure I could be bothered to get "used" to using a site like this.

I generally don't like streaming stuff, unless it's easily recordable through standard software so I can rewatch without internet connection later on. In countries where internet connections are less stable, or where censorship laws could be drastically increased, it seems even more important to have data stored in many places.

As for the "fundamental right" to copy stuff you own, well I obviously agree with that, but fair use is under continual attack. I'm not sure if their conditions of use stuff would hold up in court anyway, but even if it would - these things almost never get to court. The content suppliers just bend the arm of the ISP's / hosting companies and sites get closed down. If even half the site closures over the last 2-3 years had got to court I think the law on such matters would be a lot clearer than it is.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 10:15   #15
Madina
TashTastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
that site doens't like FireFox . It says it needs to download a Plugin, but then it can't find it

EDIT: Openning it in IE and it wants me to download an ActiveX control, i'd really rather not.
http://www.craftytv.com/index.php?other=how

Should help you out no end.
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 10:33   #16
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
But the issue here is that the site is not letting you download things (as I understand) but streaming them. Therefore, once it is shut-down (always a possibility with sites like this) I will cease to benefit from it. With a site like The Pirate Bay, even if it shuts down tomorrow, I will still be able to enjoy the various files I have downloaded through it.

Therefore, if it's illegal I'm not sure I could be bothered to get "used" to using a site like this.

I generally don't like streaming stuff, unless it's easily recordable through standard software so I can rewatch without internet connection later on. In countries where internet connections are less stable, or where censorship laws could be drastically increased, it seems even more important to have data stored in many places.
View source -> grab the url for the NSV file, copy it into your favourite download manager (Getright or Hidownload are good examples) and stream it to your HDD for later if you wish.
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 03:02   #17
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

sorry to bump an old thread, but i've just started watching the first series of That 70s Show and i have to say, i love that website
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote