User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Aug 2004, 12:18   #1
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts
Unhappy playing songs

I've noticed that I always put up 1 song I like and play it for like a week constanly.
Untill it begins to bore me
I never ever had a playlist :S
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 12:23   #2
Nadval
m00

Nadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant future
Re: playing songs

Thankyou for that little insight... I on the other hand have ready made playlists which i play depending on what mood i'm in
Nadval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 12:25   #3
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

this week the song for me is

brainpower - ghostbusters

a dutch hip-hop 'diss' in which the one rapguy is 'dissing' the other rapguy. it's funny.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 12:28   #4
Zword

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts

maroon 5 - she will be loved

/me likes meaple <3
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 12:29   #5
Nadval
m00

Nadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant future

The Blue Oyster Cult - don't fear the reaper
^^ i love that song
Nadval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 12:41   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm current listening to

NOFX - Spaghetti Motel

It's annoyingly catchy and I'm trying to kill it by constantly listening to it.

I rarely make proper play lists, just listen to random tracks, manually choosing after each song. It's an incredibly inefficient use of my time.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 12:46   #7
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zword
maroon 5 - she will be loved
**** you!!!!!!

that song is bad bad bad bad bad
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 15:07   #8
Zword

no it is not

/me likes meaple <3
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 15:28   #9
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Quote:
I've noticed that I always put up 1 song I like and play it for like a week constanly.
I have this problem. I hear a song which I really like, so I download it and play it continuously for up to a week, by which time I hate it and never want to hear it again.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 15:34   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yup, same thing.

Although currently I do not have a fad song.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 15:59   #11
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Just me who appreciates the production-effort and listens to the entirety of albums, in the original order? :|
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 16:05   #12
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I tend to do this with whole albums or groups of songs as opposed to individual tracks; I had Orbital's Blue Album playing pretty much constantly for two weeks.

I probably only regularly listen to a fraction of my playlist, its too varied for shuffle to let me maintain a consistent mood and too large for me to be arsed pruning.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 16:15   #13
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

Nirvana - Come as you are
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 16:17   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Reading my playlists I have rock (this does not mean Marilyn Manson), disco, chillout, dance, oldies, alternative (this means bob marley or rap music or something else I have little of) and happy! I find playing a song incessantly will often detract from it's musical value
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 17:18   #15
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
Just me who appreciates the production-effort and listens to the entirety of albums, in the original order? :|
I used to do that back in the days I had a portable CD-player-thingy. But I hated the fact that after three or four times I memorised the order of play and after a few days I memorised the entire CD and just knew all the songs. Having an MP3-player is mucht better.
For behind my PC I have a playlist of nearly 9000 songs put on random. The chance of hearing the same song twice in a week is minimal.
I have a few songs I really like though and I put them on occasionally. But most of the time it's random.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 18:26   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
There are only a few albums which I think are worth listening to every track. Most albums have 2/3 good songs (at best) on them.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 18:33   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
There are only a few albums which I think are worth listening to every track. Most albums have 2/3 good songs (at best) on them.
Are you sure that they only have 2/3 good songs at most on them? Or is it that 2/3 songs are of a higher quality and as such you'd prefer to listen to them when you're listening to whatever album the tracks are on? Although considering that musical taste is mostly subjective this is a bit of a pedantic difference.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 18:42   #18
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Are you sure that they only have 2/3 good songs at most on them? Or is it that 2/3 songs are of a higher quality and as such you'd prefer to listen to them when you're listening to whatever album the tracks are on? Although considering that musical taste is mostly subjective this is a bit of a pedantic difference.
I meant what I said.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 18:43   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I meant what I said.
That's not very friendly. I'm taking my rattle and going to someone else's cot now.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 18:49   #20
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
same
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 18:54   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
That's not very friendly. I'm taking my rattle and going to someone else's cot now.
Sorry, I was just trying to clear things up dude.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 18:58   #22
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
I rarely make proper play lists, just listen to random tracks, manually choosing after each song. It's an incredibly inefficient use of my time.
I do exactly the same but it gets quite annoying sometimes as I end up listening to the same songs a lot purely as I can't be bothered going into different folders for certain songs.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 18:59   #23
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Sorry, I was just trying to clear things up dude. :(
Is this due to the fact I keep putting pictures of you in irc channels? Don't worry, my psychologist says this is just a passing infatuation and soon enough I will have found another idol to lavish my affections and attention on :)))
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 19:06   #24
Dante Hicks
Clerk

I think the latest one is slightly better, but I was still mildly surprised by the new topic.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 23:21   #25
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I usually have a couple I play over and over for a week too.

At the moment it's Burt Bacharach - Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head (I heard it in Spiderman 2...), and Letters to Cleo - I want you to want me (it's in Stepford Wives).

I've been listening to GLC quite a bit too.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 23:29   #26
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i dont like my albums where i only like 2 or 3 songs, granted, thats the majoraty, but there are plenty where i like them all

sorry im drunk
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 00:15   #27
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

currently i am listerning to Morrisey - First of the Gang to Die
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 00:21   #28
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

I do the same, often with a song I have been randomly DCC'd since they are far better than anything I choose myself.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 01:51   #29
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

All the songs I've downloaded recently go in one folder before I get round to properly ID3 tagging them, renaming them etc.
Usually when I'm on the PC (as opposed to in my room with my hifi.. ie. playing whole albums) I will just select the same best few songs from this folder.
Means once they get lumped in with the other 2.5k songs, they rarely get played
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote