User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 22 Apr 2004, 00:01   #1
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
I am excited

http://www.avp-movie.com/

so...who's gonna win?
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 00:29   #2
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: I am excited

Seriously, the predator has nothing on the Aliens :/
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 00:37   #3
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Predator
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 00:46   #4
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

Agreed Dark-Strider, Predator all the way!
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 00:52   #5
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point

Humans.

Somehow.
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 01:38   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The predator is more dangerous (technology is more difficult to stop than any 'mere' organism; it's more capable of reacting).

Zombies are shit though.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 02:32   #7
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

pff

aliens all the way. theres only gonna be like one predator, and zillions of hardcore mutha****a aliens.

plus i think it will send a good message to the people not to rely on technology in case we get invaded by massive aliens from outer space.
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 02:40   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It depends what we're talking about, and what happens in the film; predators are much more dangerous to people than xenomorphs are.
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 02:48   #9
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

as a race, yes, obviously being a superior race with superior technology they could wipe us out if they wished.

as it happens in films and games and books and whatever else predators have been in, 90% of the time its one on his own with loads of his gadgets. That being the premise i was working from, xenomorphs to win!!!!
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 02:56   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Xenomorphs! I'm rooting for the underdog!
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 03:03   #11
Deciduous

Deciduous is an unknown quantity at this point

Shit, I love the Xenomorphs but I'm not convinced :/

In Aliens they fooled the detectors because they basically blended in with the surroundings and made no movement, but Predator has more advanced equipment that would spot them. Depends on the surroundings I suppose as to whether they could use some kind of natural camouflage ala Arnie in the first film. I don't know what Alien-vision (TM) is like, but they seem fairly primitive and you'd be hard pushed to see that cool transparency gear if you weren't looking for it.

In close quarters I don't think there's much competition, Predator might be fast and agile compared to humans but the Aliens are lightning fast and strong with it. Bone crushing bite and sharp whip-like tail for bonus points :/
Having said that, Predator put the A-team to shame as regards weapons and tactics, just have to stop the Xeno's closing the distance I suppose.

As much as I want the Aliens to tear those dirty crab faced fkers a new one, logic dictates that it will probably be Predator who comes out on top, unless you're talking about a whole Biblical plague style swarm of them.

oh and from IMDB "A group of five coming-of-age Predators have also come to the temple, as it has long been a training ground for their race." obviously the Predator wins more often than not.

Ancient temple, happens to be home to Aliens that aren't discovered for another 50 years or so, and just in time for Predator to train on Earth (obviously in secret for god knows how long)... :/

I would have liked to see a film where the Predators hunt the Aliens on their own territory, not some ridiculous hole in the ground in antarctica, they are sport hunters after all.

As a side note, I hear they're trying to screw up my box set by making Alien 5.
Deciduous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 03:05   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

If you want continuity, ignore this film. From the previews, nothing fits.
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 03:18   #13
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

in predator 2, there's a xenomorph skull on the wall in the ship....

however, predator 2 sucked nuts and a skull doesn't mean a whole lot so nevermind....
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 03:19   #14
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

what?...

oh never mind, im going to bed.
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 08:13   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The Alien skull bit is probably the best bit in all of Predator 2 (although I didn't actually mind the film).

The Predator is a more interesting foe than the Aliens for me. The Alien's are basically too stupid (compared to humans or the predator rac) and thus I can't really bring myself to care.

I do think the whole "Predators use Aliens as training/sport" thing demeans the whole concept. The Alien was a better enemy when it was in more uncontrolled and unknown circumstances (like the first movie). How the hell can I give a toss if the Predators (say) survive or not when they're basically on an extended hunting trip?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 08:16   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
The Alien's are basically too stupid (compared to humans or the predator rac) and thus I can't really bring myself to care.
As a race, the aliens are really intelligent. 'They cut the power! How the **** did they do that, they're animals man'. Obviously some sort of hive mind is in effect, so the Wave after Wave approach doesn't mean that they're necessarily stupid, because it obviously DOES work.
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 09:07   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
As a race, the aliens are really intelligent. 'They cut the power! How the **** did they do that, they're animals man'.
The funniest thing I've seen recently is the Sealab pastiche of that. But I digress.

I refuse to believe any race that hasn't invented the can opener is intelligent. You hear me?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 09:10   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I refuse to believe any race that hasn't invented the can opener is intelligent. You hear me?
Have you invented the can opener?

I THINK NOT.
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 11:46   #19
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

The film will suck.

I hope it won't, but it will.

Also, Predators are way cooler.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 12:49   #20
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
The film will suck.
Possibly... but I'll still be going to see it :\
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote