User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 12 Oct 2003, 21:41   #1
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of
Statistics

Anyone fancy to tell me how to learn the basics of statistics? I just realized that i have a 3-hour test tomorrow at uni and don't have a ****ing clue about this topic. I don't even know how to calculate sigma sign with n on a basic calculator (TI-30x), heh...

Any suggestions?
Entium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2003, 21:45   #2
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Statistics

There are a few formulae that solve all questions between them.

Learn them.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2003, 21:47   #3
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

.05 is STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT (that's about all i can remember from my stats course in first year at uni)
Unread 12 Oct 2003, 21:49   #4
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of

I can take alone everything to the test, so i surely won't learn anything by heart.
Any websites with formuae?
Unread 12 Oct 2003, 21:50   #5
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualCon...from_25602.pdf is the Edexcel A Level Maths formula sheet for Statistics.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Unread 12 Oct 2003, 22:19   #6
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entium
at uni
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2003, 22:25   #7
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entium
the basics
Unread 12 Oct 2003, 22:28   #8
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

good point, stats at uni is no where near that hard unless it's a major part of a maths degree
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2003, 22:31   #9
Entium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
(...)unless it's a major part of a maths degree
It isn't .
I won't have a clue anyway.
Unread 12 Oct 2003, 22:32   #10
Entium

Thanks Proteus btw.
Unread 12 Oct 2003, 22:34   #11
Proteus
Lord Denning

It's mainly common sense.

Just learn the basic formulae, think about what the questions really mean (they normally make simple things sound complicated) and consider whether your answers make sense (ask yourself what answer you would give if you had to guess).
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 17:31   #12
Entium

**** it!
I forgot my calculator at home. The only thing i needed at this exam. Not a single final answer on my sheet then.
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 17:35   #13
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Bad luck, dude. (lol)
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 19:55   #14
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

I have the same problem with a course about parsers. Though I have the test in a week or two.
Oh well...
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote