User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 23:56   #1
Taratang
Superluminal Mod(retired)

Taratang is just really niceTaratang is just really niceTaratang is just really niceTaratang is just really nice
Post What is your reason to live?

What would you say is the single most important motivation in your life to go on living at the moment?

Personally, I would have to go with my fantastic girlfriend, who never fails to make me laugh when I need it most.

What is your raison d'etre?
Taratang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 23:58   #2
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
To take looking depressed to a new level.

Not a great reason, but it gets me through the day.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:00   #3
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I dont have one. Those are for people with a goal or a purpose in life.

I guess if i HAD to have one, itd be to make people laugh.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:02   #4
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
I used to think that people actually care... but the truth is that people dont care, they will turn on you and eventually forget you ever existed.

I was pondering the same question to myself last night taratang... but in all honesty, i couldnt find one reason why I should keep going. And as hard as it is, I'm wondering why I'm letting myself live. I have alot more thinking to do before i make up my mind i guess.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:02   #5
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: What is your reason to live?

Quote:
Originally posted by Taratang
What would you say is the single most important motivation in your life to go on living at the moment?
Dying is likely to be painful--and messy.

Other than that, I'd like to see my kids grow up; but they will probably be the death of me.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:09   #6
Taratang

Taratang is just really niceTaratang is just really niceTaratang is just really niceTaratang is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
To take looking depressed to a new level.

Not a great reason, but it gets me through the day.
PIXPLZ (omg asl)
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:10   #7
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I misunderstand, I think this is termed 'grooming' under new Sex Offences legislation.

You could go 'down' for this.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:14   #8
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
not a clue.

i guess because sometimes life makes me feel good, and im frightened fo death

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:15   #9
Taratang

Quote:
You could go 'down' for this.
I don't go 'down' for less than £50. I'm sure we can work something out though.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:16   #10
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
I don't go 'down' for less than £50. I'm sure we can work something out though.
I've only £40 on me, and that's in Scottish notes.

Methinks this could be a problem.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:16   #11
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I enjoy life in general, I couldnt pick out one specific reason.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:17   #12
Taratang

£40 gets you manual relief.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:17   #13
Taratang

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
I enjoy life in general, I couldnt pick out one specific reason.
Try.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:18   #14
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
£40 gets you manual relief.
I can get that off the cleaning lady for our block in return for a cup of tea.

She's doing a better deal, sunshine =/
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:19   #15
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
i don't think i have a reason :\
but once in a while i end up saving someone's life or making them feel about themselves.. and i get that warm (no not squishy) fuzzy feeling and i think 'yay i accomplished something good'
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:20   #16
Taratang

Quote:
I can get that off the cleaning lady for our block in return for a cup of tea.

She's doing a better deal, sunshine =/
Does she have a monopoly in your area?

I'll have to write a letter to your local MP about fair competition.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:21   #17
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Re: What is your reason to live?

Quote:
Fine. Serious answer: I get up in the morning knowing there's one person out there who wouldn't deal to well with not having someone to spout crap at.

So my raison d'etre is to be a punchbag.

Better than the depression answer. Though includes less cleaning-woman-induced-handjobs.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:21   #18
Taratang

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
but once in a while i end up saving someone's life
Is there a story attached to this?
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:38   #19
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
To make sure my best friends and family feel loved for as long as I am alive.

To try not to die because I don't what to make other people sad, they shouldn't love me so much, silly people
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:39   #20
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Sources of interaction that divert a suicidal condition: my computer, my maths homework, my music (now: Venetian Snares), my cigarettes.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:41   #21
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
Sources of interaction that divert a suicidal condition: my computer, my maths homework, my music (now: Venetian Snares), my cigarettes.
Cancer Sticks.

You're not achieving your reason to live. You have Cancer Sticks.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:42   #22
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice

Quote:
Hoping that one day I'll find out a reason to want to wake up the next day.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:43   #23
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Is there a story attached to this?
many stories.. but i'm not gonna write them all here :P
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:45   #24
KaneED
Motherfracker

Re: Re: What is your reason to live?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
Hoping that one day I'll find out a reason to want to wake up the next day.
Usually it's the alarm clock.

What actually keeps most people from topping themselves (me me me) is their selfishness. They don't what to kill themselves because they wouldn't have experienced all life has to offer.

I don't know if that's true or how many people see it that, but I think that's why.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:45   #25
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Because if I died some odd person would most likely be upset, and I try not to make others feel bad needlessly.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:59   #26
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by KaneED
Cancer Sticks.

You're not achieving your reason to live. You have Cancer Sticks.
If alarm clocks are a reason to live, cancer sticks are too.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 01:28   #27
Idi

The most detrimental day of my life was the one when I realised life has no purpose and nothing matters.

I go on purely because I haven't died yet.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 01:29   #28
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
heh...

simple answer.

i love my life too much.

(p.s sorry for resurrecting the semi-dead thread)

edit: the thread wasnt semi-dead :\ memo to self: coming home half drunknishish(and an extra 'ish' for the JJ effect) and seeing a thread half way down the page does not = dead

Last edited by Ap0k; 30 Jan 2003 at 01:34.
Ap0k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 01:38   #29
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
I cant seem to find a reason why i should carry on living...

...thats quite worrying.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 01:38   #30
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Because Return of The King and Matrix: Reloaded haven't come out yet.

My only real goal in life is to play video games, probably not healthy I know, but I've never had any real motivation beyond not becoming a bum out on the streets.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 01:40   #31
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Apothos
I cant seem to find a reason why i should carry on living...

...thats quite worrying.
how about 'cuz then GD wud miss your magical presence...'?

oh.. wait.

sorry, your right
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 01:44   #32
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Ap0k
how about 'cuz then GD wud miss your magical presence...'?

oh.. wait.

sorry, your right :(
See. :P
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 01:56   #33
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Personally, I would have to go with my fantastic girlfriend, who never fails to make me laugh when I need it most.

This thread

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 02:52   #34
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
to enjoy myself (not hedonistic btw)
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 03:04   #35
Phantom
Last of the Officers

Phantom has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom has a spectacular aura about
To see the world destroy itself

I wish you intelligence for luck runs out sooner than you think

I give up on death before i give up on life
and now i don't know what to do
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 03:24   #36
cepe
ÜberHamster

cepe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
The most detrimental day of my life was the one when I realised life has no purpose and nothing matters.

I go on purely because I haven't died yet.

Aside from the #linux and horrible avatar part, the man is correct and sums it up nicely..
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 03:25   #37
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
My incredible fear of death allows me to go on in life
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 03:33   #38
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
a) I have some very good friends, both here at uni and back home, who I enjoy spending time with.
b) I don't want to hurt my family or my friends.
c) An interest in seeing what life brings me - my life has been pretty crap at points (I have seen the deaths of all 4 of my grandparents, and some other relatives and a friend) but I've also enjoyed a lot of it - whenever I'm around my friends it's pretty much settled that we'll be doing somethign we all enjoy anyway. Anyway, I digress. If the future turns out to be crap I can allways re-evaluate. While I can be very cynical in jokey kind of way, I tend to have a positive outlook on things. You lot here probably see the cynicism more, but then it relys on tone of voice really - people who know me know when I'm kidding.
d) Many of my friends at home and one in particular here rely on me and my positive outlook. I wouldn't want to let them down now would I? And I can't think of anything better to be doing than cheering people up and giving them hope.
e) Fear of death.

I could write more if I could be bothered - those are a few I rate highly.

Unread 30 Jan 2003, 03:42   #39
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Because committing suicide would be pointless.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 03:45   #40
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Because committing suicide would be pointless.
/me points to earlier post ^^
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 03:47   #41
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I honestly don't get you lot who think jsut because you can't ultimately make a difference, life has no point. So, in the big picture, you don't make any difference to the outcome of the universe? Big deal - for all we know there maybe something else outside the universe, to which the universe makes no real difference, so even if you DID make some massive contribution to the universe it might still be pointless.

Seeing as you're lumbered with living, the point might as well be to go and enjoy it, and for me there's so much of it to enjoy.
Even that feeling you get when you wake up and know you can just lie in bed for another hour or so is, for me, yet another reason to live.
Maybe I'm sounding like a hippy, but tough - thats how I look at it.

PS. I do not hug trees.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 03:49   #42
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
I've been up since yesterday morning. Last night a friend of mine came down with appendicitis, and I stayed with her in the emergency room all night.

So you never really know what life is going to send to you. And you only get one chance at it, so you gotta figure there is an urge to do it right. Both of which keep things interesting.

Largely I am where I am because I chose to be here, and I chose it cause I wanted it, and I wanted it because it makes me happy. Largely every moment in my life, from whacky incidents to the unbelievably dull monotone of lectures gives me a giddy happiness.

Failing all of that, there's always THE LIST to fall back on:
1. blowjobs (the receiving end at least)
2. thursday 'wing nite'
3. learning something new and interesting (or creating something new and interesting)
4. watching pitt basketball
5. traveling somewhere new
6. 'funny stuff' which seems to be getting rarer as i get older
7. completing all those 'future goals' one at a time (graduate, graduate from college, get a PhD, get an enjoyable job, have kids and really **** them up psychologically)

falling off the list is "going on a 45 minute rampage with a 30th level arcanist in 'magestorm' and racking up maybe 100 quick kills and there is nothing their whole team can do to stop you" because i don't have access to a 30th level arc anymore
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 03:52   #43
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

I can't believe I didn't put anything about sex on my list!
What the **** is wrong with me tonight?!
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 03:58   #44
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
I honestly don't get you lot who think jsut because you can't ultimately make a difference, life has no point.
I'm not saying life is pointless at all. Committing suicide would be pointless. As of yet, I see no ultimate reason why I should keep on living, but I see even less of a reason why I shouldn't.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 03:58   #45
cepe
ÜberHamster

cepe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I honestly don't get you lot who think jsut because you can't ultimately make a difference, life has no point. So, in the big picture, you don't make any difference to the outcome of the universe? Big deal - for all we know there maybe something else outside the universe, to which the universe makes no real difference, so even if you DID make some massive contribution to the universe it might still be pointless.
Pointless doesnt necessarily mean joyless, nor do 'making a difference' matter to me - I quite simply accept there being no point and am not actively seeking to end it..
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 03:59   #46
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Quote:
I'm not saying life is pointless at all. Committing suicide would be pointless. As of yet, I see no ultimate reason why I should keep on living, but I see even less of a reason why I shouldn't.
Entirely the wrong way to look at it (imo).
Small wonder there's so many angsty people about.

Unread 30 Jan 2003, 04:01   #47
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
yes but its possible that at any point you could discover a reason to live. so living becomes worthwhile in the effort of finding a reason to live (i assume you would have trouble finding a reason to live while dead)
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 04:04   #48
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Entirely the wrong way to look at it (imo).
Is there a correct way to look at it then? And if so, who determines what way is correct?

I believe in science - the universe doesn't care whether anyone lives or dies. Even the death of someone more in public view, such as president Bush, would make no difference to the universe. As such, I don't believe in a specific 'reason' to exist. Basically you live out your time and try to have some fun along the way.
Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis
yes but its possible that at any point you could discover a reason to live. so living becomes worthwhile in the effort of finding a reason to live (i assume you would have trouble finding a reason to live while dead)
Which incidentally is exactly the reason why it would be pointless to commit suicide. It would achieve nothing, apart from taking any chance of finding a reason to live, away.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 04:06   #49
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Forgot to mention:

The way I look at it is to see what I enjoy doing, and try my best to arrange my life so that I can do more of those things. It does of course help to view things in a positive way like I do, in order to do that.

This is why I would NOT want to win the jackpot on the lottery.
One of the things I would eventually like is a decent income, but the idea of having (effectively) bottomless resources financially is not attractive to me; I want to have to put some effort in - I want a challenge. Money truely could not buy me happyness - well certainly not for long. I would soon run out of things to do with it, and then I'd just be bored.
I wouldn't object to winning a mid-size prize (say £100k). The first thing I'd do would be to take all my mates on a holiday somewhere expensive and exotic, and then with the rest probably use it to have fun with.

[edit]
As another example of "how I am", I often value the things I like above myself. The thing that I value most are friends and family, and I gladly would (and have) walk/ride (i don't have a car) daft distances at stupid times if one of them needed me.
I once nearly lost my job because I went to be with one of my mates in A&E at 3am, and was supposed to be at work at 9. In the rush to get there I forgot to notify my employers.

I probably care too much on ocassion, but what the hell...

Last edited by meglamaniac; 30 Jan 2003 at 04:13.
meglamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 04:25   #50
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
The one thing keeping me going is the hope that sometime in the future things will get better than they are now

*edit* and the possibility of having sex with some hot girl I dont even know yet at some point