User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Oct 2003, 05:19   #1
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
are you bald? (shaven-headed)

It's something I've been thinking about lately, shaving my head completely (my hair is getting thinner and I want to teach it a lesson!) but I don't know anything about it.

ie. what do you use? how often do you need to do it? does someone do it for you or can you do it yourself? what are the things you wish you'd known before you did it... etc

finally I'm concerned about the perception that while shaven-headed black men are apparently cool, shaven-headed white men look like mental cases. Would you agree?
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 05:41   #2
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Re: are you bald? (shaven-headed)

I shave my own head roughly every 2 weeks, and have been doing so for about 12 years now. Only twice have I used a razor and shaved right to the skin(it's rather uncomfortable for the first few days I find). I use an electric clipper...like the ones that the hair dressers have, I picked it up wat Wal-Mart for about $25. I don't use the clip-on combs that come with it tho, I simply use the blade, which leaves my hair at about 1/8th of an inch.
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 05:49   #3
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

Effort--

(I hardly ever cut my hair. When I do it's one cut with the scissors.)
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 05:57   #4
Crackmonkey
monkey on crack

Crackmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

If your hair is getting thinner then you might just want to enjoy it while you still have it.

Of course I'm not really one that should be giving advice on haircuts since I haven't had a 'proper' haircut for at least 5 years.
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 10:28   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

William Hague had the right idea.
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 11:34   #6
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
does someone do it for you or can you do it yourself?
Actually shaving your head is pretty easy. You just have to be careful you get everything when you're doing the back. Also the hair around your crown grows in all sorts of wacky directions so you have to move the clipper around a lot up there.

The tricky part is on your neck. You know, the two strips on either side where your hair grows. You'll need to shave that bit completely with the "naked" clipper, ie take off the plastic bit. I use a mirror, though if you're doing it yourself it might get a while for you to get a hang of it.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 11:47   #7
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Shortest I ever went was a no 3 which I would do myself.

White people with shaven heads do indeed look like headcases.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 11:51   #8
Devilizer
Harbinger of your Doom!

Devilizer is an unknown quantity at this point

the past 2-3 months i ahve shaven my head. Bald, mohawk, you name it. I use an electric clipper, which costed me about 25 USD, then i use a razor. Use loads of soap on it, and it will get really nice. I shave it maybe 2 times a week, but thats just to keep it nice at all times, once per 2 weeks should be enough tho.

There is only one difficult part of shaving your own head, especially when you are doing a mohawk, and thats the left backside of your head. You want to use 2 mirrors for that, looking into the reflection of mirror 2 using mirror 1. Mirror 2 being behind, and mirror 1 infront of you, that is =P

This is what i looked like about 2 months ago:
http://www.devilizer.free-host.com/picture_26.jpg
I Rise to rule once again,
I Rise to be...

The Harbinger of your Doom!
Devilizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2003, 04:44   #9
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

sorry to the bump-police, but I only just read the replies (bizarre memory lapse) and wanted to thank those who contributed.

Thanks
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2003, 23:10   #10
Archi
Mack Daddy

Archi is an unknown quantity at this point

I was one of those lucky blokes that started losing my hair when I was 18. My noggin hasnt seen a comb in 20 years heh heh. So I pretty much do what Dilly does and take the clippers to it once every three weeks or so. I do use the smallest plastic clip on, because I like having bristles like my hero R. Lee Ermee. A white guy can get away with head shaving, but it just depends on who it is. Telly Savalas looked pretty odd with hair imo, the same with Yul Bryner.
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 19:14   #11
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

unfourtunately my defective genes have resulted in impending slapheadness therefore to pre empt ive had a number 1 done all over i know find that mild mannered middle class people are scared shitless of me
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 19:21   #12
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilizer
Headcase
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 19:56   #13
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
Ifinally I'm concerned about the perception that while shaven-headed black men are apparently cool, shaven-headed white men look like mental cases. Would you agree?
they both look stupid.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 07:50   #14
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Bob The Scutter is an unknown quantity at this point

heh, i just glanced at this topic, and it reminded me of those crappy adverts

"Are you bald (shaven headed)?....... then call us today!..."
Bob The Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 13:53   #15
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Over a year now, and growing.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 13:55   #16
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: are you bald? (shaven-headed)

Four years now, and growing.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 15:42   #17
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

no
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 15:51   #18
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past

At the first sign of reseding hair lines i will shave my head.

-Necro