User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Sep 2003, 17:55   #1
Queen DAX

Queen DAX is an unknown quantity at this point
A Poem I recived (Bring tissue)

>~*~*~ A Dad's Poem ~*~*~
>
>Her hair was up in a pony tail,
>her favorite dress tied with a bow.
>Today was Daddy's Day at school,
>and she couldn't wait to go.
>
>But her mommy tried to tell her,
>that she probably should stay home.
>Why the kids might not understand,
>if she went to school alone.
>
>But she was not afraid;
>she knew just what to say.
>What to tell her classmates
>of why he wasn't there today.
>
>But still her mother worried,
>for her to face this day alone.
>And that was why once again,
>she tried to keep her daughter home.
>
>But the little girl went to school
>eager to tell them all
>About a dad she never sees
>a dad who never calls.
>>There were daddies along the wall in back,
>for everyone to meet.
>Children squirming impatiently,
>anxious in their seats
>
>One by one the teacher called
>a student from the class
>To introduce their daddy,
>as seconds slowly passed.
>
>At last the teacher called her name.
>Every child turned to stare,
>each of them was searching
>for a man who wasn't there.
>
>"Where's her daddy at?! "
>she heard a boy call out.
>"She probably doesn't have one,"
>another student dared to shout.
>
>And from somewhere near the back,
>she heard a daddy say,
>"Looks like another deadbeat dad,
>too busy to waste his day."
>
>The words did not offend her,
>as she smiled up at her Mom
>and looked back at her teacher,
>who told her to go on.
>
>And with hands behind her back,
>slowly she began to speak.
>And out from the mouth of a child,
>came words incredibly unique.
>
>"My Daddy couldn't be here,
>because he lives so far away.
>But I know he wishes he could be,
>since this is such a special day.
>
>And though you cannot meet him,
>I wanted you to know
>All about my daddy
>and how much he loves me so.
>
>He loved to tell me stories;
>he taught me to ride my bike.
>He surprised me with pink roses,
>and taught me to fly a kite.
>
>We used to share fudge sundaes,
>and ice cream in a cone.
>And though you cannot see him,>I'm not standing here alone.
>
>"Cause my daddy's always with me,
>even though we are apart.
>I know because he told me,
>he'll forever be in my heart"
>
>With that, her little hand reached up,
>and lay across her chest,
>Feeling her own heartbeat
>beneath her favorite dress.
>
>And from somewhere in the crowd of dads
>her mother stood in tears,
>Proudly watching her daughter
>who was wise beyond her years.
>
>For she stood up for the love
>of a man not in her life,
>Doing what was best for her,
>doing what was right.
>
>And when she dropped her hand back down,
>staring straight into the crowd,
>She finished with a voice so soft,
>but its message clear and loud.
>
>"I love my daddy very much;
>he's my shining star.
>And if he could, he'd be here,
>but heaven's just too far.
>
>You see he was a fireman,
>and died just this past year
>When airplanes hit the towers,
>and taught Americans to fear.
>
>But sometimes when I close my eyes,
>it's like he never went away."
>And then she closed her eyes,
>and saw him there that day.
>
>And to her mothers amazement,
>she witnessed with surprise
>A room full of daddies and children,
>all starting to close their eyes.
>
>Who knows what they saw before them;
>who knows what they felt inside?
>Perhaps for merely a second,
>they saw him at her side.
>
>"I know you're with me Daddy," to the silence she called out.
>And what happened next made believers
>of those once filled with doubt.
>
>Not one in that room could explain it,
>for each of their eyes had been closed,
>But there on the desk beside her,
>was a fragrant long-stemmed pink rose.
>
>And a child was blessed, if only for a moment,
>by the love of her shining star,
>And given the gift of believing
>that heaven is never too far.
>
>They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to
appreciate

them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them.
>
>Send this to the people you'll never forget and remember to send it also
to the person that sent it to you. It's a short message to let them know
>that you'll never forget them.
>
>If you don't send it to anyone, it means you're in a hurry and that
you've

forgotten your friends. Take the time...to live and love.
<Degrees> roses are red violets are blue if you dont love me ill really spew <-- like that kr ?<KR|pennance> The time is right. Let's get to it. If we dont get hitched, to this relationship I'm gonna say screw it
Queen DAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 17:56   #2
I Am Sword
If Mods made Carlsberg..

I Am Sword is an unknown quantity at this point
Nobodies going to actually read that you know
I Am Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 17:58   #3
clarencetheclockworkcake
Fidel Cakestro

clarencetheclockworkcake is an unknown quantity at this point
she was obviously a sekrit terrorist,so she got everybody to close their eyes so they could all be gassed.
clarencetheclockworkcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 17:58   #4
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by I Am Sword
I skimmed it. I take it her Dad is dead?
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 17:59   #5
Mikee
Furious Angel

Mikee is on a distinguished road
awwwwww can see why forest was crying * waffle * waffle *
Mikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 18:00   #6
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
i just read it, and what a moving poem it was ..
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 18:01   #7
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Good poem but it's emotional power lies outside it which diminishes it's value as a literary piece in my mind. though.
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 18:02   #8
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Its pretty obvious I and Sword have short attention spans.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 18:06   #9
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
Good poem but it's emotional power lies outside it which diminishes it's value as a literary piece in my mind. though.
huh
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 18:08   #10
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

If anyone starts talking about Post-Modernism or related nebulous pseudo-intellectual bull****, then they will be promptly thrown out of the window along with all their possesions and goods by me.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 18:10   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
huh
What makes it good in my opinion is the power it's finishing lines have and the contrast between what you think at the start and what you're told at the end. The contrast has emotional power because it's a subject known to all of us. The poem doesn't have original rhyme, tone, approach or theme. It's the subject matter that gives it depth and meaning.
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 18:12   #12
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
What makes it good in my opinion is the power it's finishing lines have and the contrast between what you think at the start and what you're told at the end. The contrast has emotional power because it's a subject known to all of us. The poem doesn't have original rhyme, tone, approach or theme. It's the subject matter that gives it depth and meaning.
You be Germaine Greer and I'll be Tom Paulin.

*Assumes slouching posture.*

I DON'T KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW.
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 19:24   #13
evilbaz
Wheres Wally?

evilbaz is on a distinguished road
touching
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 19:33   #14
Dreadnought

when it says bring tissue i thought the tissue was for another reason lol :/
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 19:37   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by evilbaz
touching
[mod]Edit your sig please, it's way too long[/mod]

[edit]

And irc.planetarion.com no longer exists.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 19:37   #16
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
i read that and was waiting for the pedo joke, this thread didn't deliver :/
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 19:51   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
You are the worst everything ever.
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 20:17   #18
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
You are the worst everything ever.
i find this phrase especially funny. I don't know why.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 20:28   #19
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by mbushell
i read that and was waiting for the pedo joke, this thread didn't deliver :/
I got in a Newsnight Review joke, which dances and sings and pisses all over paedo jokes.
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 20:52   #20
I Am Sword
If Mods made Carlsberg..

I Am Sword is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
It's just a poem you pratt.
I Am Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 20:57   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
It's just a poem you pratt.

Unread 25 Sep 2003, 21:12   #22
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
the first half of the poem is old.. i can't remember how it was supposed to end.
shame they had to change it
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 21:48   #23
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
the first half of the poem is old.. i can't remember how it was supposed to end.
shame they had to change it
The original was written in 2000--not that old! It's identical to the original except for the one firefighter verse which someone inserted sometime after 9/11 and forwarded around the internet (without crediting the original author: Cheryl Costello-Forshey).
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 22:34   #24
Queen DAX

Queen DAX is an unknown quantity at this point
I posted this poem becuse it was touching regardless if it had been re written or wasnt the perfect litarery peace. Its really to bad be are so self abosorbed they can only find the wrong or the bad in it.

Guess this is proof on how our society is becoming.
<Degrees> roses are red violets are blue if you dont love me ill really spew <-- like that kr ?<KR|pennance> The time is right. Let's get to it. If we dont get hitched, to this relationship I'm gonna say screw it
Queen DAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 22:35   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

BOOM BOOM
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 22:42   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Queen DAX
I posted this poem becuse it was touching regardless if it had been re written or wasnt the perfect litarery peace. Its really to bad be are so self abosorbed they can only find the wrong or the bad in it.

Guess this is proof on how our society is becoming.

Moving swiftly on and in res

"I heard the bells on Christmas day
Their old familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet,
the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

I thought how, as the day had come,
The belfries of all Christendom
Had rolled along
the unbroken song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

Till ringing, singing, on it's way,
The world revolved from night to day,
a voice, a chime
A chant sublime
Of peace on earth good will to men.

Then from each black, accursed mouth
The cannon thundered in the south
And with the sound
The carols drowned

It was as if an earthquake rent
The hearthstones of a continent
and made forlorn
The households born

And in despair I bowed my head
"There is no peace on earth," I said,
"For hate is strong
and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail,
the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men."
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 23:22   #27
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of
The spam all your friends now before you somehow cuase their deaths thing kinda ruined it a bit

But yeah, not bad
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 10:20   #28
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: A Poem I recived (Bring tissue)

i read it

and i cried

now i feel like such a girl
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 10:34   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Last I heard, you ARE a girl.