User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 28 Jan 2003, 00:51   #1
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
help! i need a birthday present for..

my sister.
she's turning 18 today.
i'm broke and can't afford to get her anything expensive..

my parents are getting her driving lessons (she hasn't been interested in learning to drive til now.. silly girl)
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 00:53   #2
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
well just how much money have u got?
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 00:55   #3
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
like $20 :\
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 00:55   #4
Ap0k
Spritely:

'novelty gifts'

i.e find one of those lil knick knacky store things that every town on the planet has, go in, look around and find sumthin she wont expect, but that she'll prolly like b/c of the novelty factor.

u can normally get pretty decent stuff on the cheap in places like that.

failing that, if shes getting driving lessons from ur folks, get her 'teh fluffeh dice' (those kind of things NEVER go outta fashion)
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 00:57   #5
Aryn
Happy

well she likes 'spongebob squarepants' stuff.. except that i don't think we have any of that around here

hmm...
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 00:58   #6
Ap0k
Spritely:

edited btw
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 00:58   #7
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by Ap0k
'novelty gifts'
failing that, if shes getting driving lessons from ur folks, get her 'teh fluffeh dice' (those kind of things NEVER go outta fashion)
hehehe
there's a store downtown called 'Uranus' that's full of novelty type stuff.
fuzzy dice would be hilarious :P
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 01:00   #8
Ap0k
Spritely:

WELL WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR WOMAN!?
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 01:01   #9
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
hehehe
there's a store downtown called 'Uranus' that's full of novelty type stuff.
fuzzy dice would be hilarious :P
"I can see Fuzzy Die in Uranus"

Ho Ho Ho
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 01:02   #10
Ap0k
Spritely:

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima

Ho Ho Ho
someone kill this man before he hurts himself...
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 01:02   #11
Aryn
Happy

well cause as funny as fuzzy dice would be..
it's not something i really want to get her
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 01:04   #12
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima

people have been threatened with imprisonment for puns that were no where near that bad :p

consider youself lucky
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 01:07   #13
Aryn
Happy

the 'uranus' jokes are unlimited here :\
as in:

'where'd you get that?' 'uranus'
'where are you going?' 'uranus'
'i saw some really cool things in uranus'

etc etc :\
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 01:08   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I think that might be a reason for the name.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 01:10   #15
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
nobody really cares. Go and ask your 'real friends'.
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 01:10   #16
Aryn
Happy

you think? :P
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 02:34   #17
Aryn
Happy

ok i got something for her.. from Uranus (hahahhaha :\)

it's a little pocket book called 'zapped by the zodiak: the cynic's astrology guide'

it's actually quite hilarious
since i have some time maybe i'll post some of it here (on another thread of course)
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 10:21   #18
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Did you find it in Uranus?

"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 17:33   #19
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
You can get two lap dances for that amount.

Since you're a ****ing Canadian you should have no problem finding a strip joint.
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 19:23   #20
Aryn
Happy

except that she'd have to be 19 to get in...

nah i found her a prezzie and she loves it :P
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 19:26   #21
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
That's right, you're Canadians so you have to be different. Although it's still better than having to be 21 like in the US.
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 19:49   #22
Aryn
Happy

yah
though it's easier to get into bars underage in the states isn't it?

or at least i got into a bar in Seattle when i was 19. and yes they DID check my drivers licence. *shrug*
maybe they let me in cause i was canadian :P (they also let my friend in who was 18 at the time)
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 19:53   #23
Nicole

The age to get into bars is a city ordinance. For example, in Macomb where I go to school you only have to be 20 to get into any bar in town, but they're not supposed to serve you until 21. A lot of college towns the age to get into bars is under 21. I have no idea what the deal with Seattle is, I'd imagine the age is 21 because it's a big city, but if they serve food they're allowed to let underaged people in as well.

Or maybe the bouncer just wanted to bend you over.
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 19:59   #24
Aryn
Happy

it was a woman who checked our ID's
afaik they didn't serve food.. it was a club on top of a hotel.
but we were guests at the hotel and had a 23 year old with us..
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 20:02   #25
Nicole

Women can bend other women over. Especially women who are bouncers for a bar. She probably assumed you were family because you're Canadian. You should have told her what a terrible TEASE you are.
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 20:09   #26
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Its 18 in the UK , but over here on the Isle of Man , you just wander in at any age if you feel like it.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 20:37   #27
Aryn
Happy

actually same for the sad pathetic little 'club' we have here.
no cover before 10pm which means there's no one at the door... just walk right in :P

which sucks cause hten there's all these younger girls there.. which attract the creepy old men
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 20:43   #28
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
18 in 'caledonia'.

cept any idiot wearing a suit could get served in this ****ty city tbh

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 21:01   #29
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Most off the nice bars, where there are cocerts and stuff, are 20 or 24 in Norway, althought its 18 for beer. (They have 20 when they want to serve booze, and 24 when they dont want kids inside)
Althought, there are a few nice bars where you get in iff you know the right dudes.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 21:06   #30
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

KoRnNut is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Nicole
You should have told her what a terrible TEASE you are.
Takes one to know one...

What can I say that you can't say better?
KoRnNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 21:36   #31
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
$20 gift certificate from a store she shops at often.

Preferably a clothes store.
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 22:06   #32
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Re: help! i need a birthday present for..

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
my parents are getting her driving lessons
get furry dice, they are
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 23:37   #33
Aryn
Happy

it's already been done :P and she liked the gift
(the cynic's guide to astrology pocket book)
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 08:55   #34
Monkeypimp
Banned

Monkeypimp is an unknown quantity at this point
bars and clubs and stuff here are all 18.

it would be very very strange being 20 and not being allowed to go into a bar.

strange country :/
Monkeypimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:41   #35
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
i've been going to the same pub in Bromley since i was 14, its only recently they've started asking me to show ID, i'm now 18 ??? I CAN'T WORK IT OUT ///???

EDIT: possibly the police station being put up over the road????
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 10:37   #36
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
A bottle of booze.

Or a pair of bottles.

That's what I'd like to have when I bump 'aighteen.

Or a half dozen bottles.

But it better be good booze. Wine (white, no dry stuff) or vodka (ViruValkea, 80%) recommended.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 12:03   #37
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
Most off the nice bars, where there are cocerts and stuff, are 20 or 24 in Norway, althought its 18 for beer. (They have 20 when they want to serve booze, and 24 when they dont want kids inside)
Althought, there are a few nice bars where you get in iff you know the right dudes.
Does this means I'm becoming an adult this year?

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 12:37   #38
Lord Zor
Super Trooper

Lord Zor is an unknown quantity at this point
See the thing is with American clubs is that if you look pretty you walk in...tho I get in because I do promotions and then I get drunk off the people I bring and I'm only 19
am I jump all nimbly bimly from tree to tree?am I drinking milk from a saucer?
Do you see me eating mice?
Lord Zor is offline   Reply With Quote