User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Closed Thread
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 22:17   #1
Marka
xVx

Marka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really nice
[Declined] Old Missions Screen Back

Honestly the new one is a big step backwards - the main set button might be an advantage if you set multiple fleets - but honestly in 95% you set one fleet and hitting enter doesn't really work.
Also I have a bad feeling when I want to recall one fleet and let the other land coz I have to hit the main button too and always argueing if I have only the right check box checked.
Plz change back to single fleet orders - worked better imho.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 22:22   #2
NRG-izer
aka Night-Sky - xVx HC

NRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to behold
Re: Old Missions Screen Back

agreed... it has a good advantage.. but the bad ones do overweight that 1 good point...
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 22:27   #3
Chris_1
career peOn

Chris_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG-izer
agreed... it has a good advantage.. but the bad ones do overweight that 1 good point...
+1 , Ive already recalled an attack fleet by mistake trying to send defence to someone :s
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 22:33   #4
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

i disagree, i think it's FAR better
more then not i send 2 fleets out,.. only occatioanly 1 fleet, even so,.. it gives me chance to check them both agasint each other before clicking, rarther then doing one, and then the other.
Also, the recall feature is alot better, since it gives you LESS chance of recalling by mistake.
The amount of times i hit the wrong button 1 second before realising was anoying last round.
now i can tick the tick box,.. and it gives me that extra second or two to think,.. oooo hang on, that aint right.
I think it's perfect as it is, please don't change it!!!
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 23:00   #5
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

people ahve been asking for it to be changed to how it is currently for quite a while, so i see no reason to go back.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 03:04   #6
kamikaze69
[F-crew] member

kamikaze69 is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the new system!!! I don't want it to go back...

Since I have freedom of opinion where I am atm, it is MY opinion that the old system can go to hell!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_1
+1 , Ive already recalled an attack fleet by mistake trying to send defence to someone :s
I have not had a problem with the new system, infact it was with the OLD system that I actually had that problem.

Since the middle of R13 we have had a discussion in the PA forums about the structure of this system, so because I can't remember ANYONE voicing an opinion saying they like the old system and infact everyone agreed that this change was necessary, I ask that this thread be deleted on the basis that the majority of players prefer the new system over the old system.

I want what is rightfully MINE . I have much, but need MUCH MORE !!!

R13 - [F-CREW]
R14 - [F-CREW]
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 08:41   #7
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
people ahve been asking for it to be changed to how it is currently for quite a while, so i see no reason to go back.
Good old planetarion they demand something then complain when they get it hehe

I quite like it tbh its different just want it to say what fleet instead of Fleet 1: New mission ordered so if its called cow then it says cow Fleet : New mission ordered.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 09:49   #8
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

aint working out well for me either guys tbh, same problems mentioned above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal
other than if it doesnt work out for ppl ???, imo thats a good enough reason. forgive me if im wrong but isnt the whole point of beta/preveiw to test these new features before we launch into a round with something that pplk dont like ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze69
Since the middle of R13 we have had a discussion in the PA forums about the structure of this system, so because I can't remember ANYONE voicing an opinion saying they like the old system and infact everyone agreed that this change was necessary, I ask that this thread be deleted on the basis that the majority of players prefer the new system over the old system.
^^ people will not have come up with these problems because people will not have EXPERIANCED this layout before. It is difficult to pick holes in a layout or design when it is described on a thread, but when you use it in practice is the real acid test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
what fleet instead of Fleet 1: New mission ordered so if its called cow then it says cow Fleet : New mission ordered.
tho if it is decided to keep this new layout this definatle needs to be done
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)

Last edited by barney; 15 Jul 2005 at 09:55.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 10:55   #9
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

personally the new missions screen is better, what would be ideal though imo is fleets screen and missions screen combined. But keep it as it is dont revert it.
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 00:49   #10
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

a small problem with the current layout... you need to scroll down to go to the 'launch' button. If you do it with your mouse scroll button, you'll change the eta of the launch (as it is the last box you used). Be sure to click outside that box before scrolling, or use the vertical scroll bar of your browser to be safe.
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 08:18   #11
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
a small problem with the current layout... you need to scroll down to go to the 'launch' button. If you do it with your mouse scroll button, you'll change the eta of the launch (as it is the last box you used). Be sure to click outside that box before scrolling, or use the vertical scroll bar of your browser to be safe.

making people scroll down is a good thing though - as it forces them to chekc all their fleets.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 11:49   #12
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil

i can see myself recalling an attack fleet with no defence like that. lol
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)

Last edited by themast; 16 Jul 2005 at 13:51.
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 13:48   #13
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

no you wont though,... since you have to tick a box to recall a fleet,..
the scorlling down thing is if your selecting to attack, deffend, fake attack,.. or set the ETA,..
And if you go to scroll and nothing happens,.. even the LAMEST of people playing PA should go,.. ooo somthing is wrong,.. why didn't it work,.. oh look i havn't clicked off,.. ahh i've change it to +11 instead of +1, silly me,...... ( 2 seconds later),.. launch fleet.
Yeah i've forgot to click off occatioanly,.. but as Kal said, it gets you to check over them.
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 12:18   #14
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by themast
i can see myself recalling an attack fleet with no defence like that. lol
TBH if you are going to make the mistake you are going to make the mistake no matter whats there
Even if you tick the wrong box and it comes up and says "you sure you want to do that" you wont read "you sure you want to do that" bit because you just click click click then go ****!!!! then lol then cry then tell your other mate to withdraw coz you did by accident
It happens coz we are tired or just plain old rushing it
We have a whole hour and we still try and do it asap after tick.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Closed Thread