User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 4 Aug 2003, 16:11   #1
Fresh

r sign ups closed for good?

been out of the game a long time. stopped when we had to start paying. sorry pa ive been unfaithful and been playing games like antrophia. But too many server probs have made me wanna come back home. but i cant sign up. when can i get back into pa and is it going to be free again?
Unread 4 Aug 2003, 16:15   #2
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
It wont be free again.

We are in between rounds at the moment, quite when r10 will start nobody knows but i would imagine it to be at the very very earliest a few weeks off more likely to be over a month away though :/.
Unread 4 Aug 2003, 16:15   #3
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts
it does not cost much to join only £7s or 10 euros
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2003, 16:33   #4
CrazySpoon
Pimpin Spoon

CrazySpoon is on a distinguished road
more like 15 euros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
<Desse> go away
<Desse> you are retired
CrazySpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2003, 17:13   #5
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Yah, price is going up, but there will be some kind of free trial. Round 10 is going to be a mostly redesigned game.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2003, 18:14   #6
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
There will be a 2 week free trial in round 10 where you can decide wether you want to play or not.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2003, 22:19   #7
Dworak
Cool Cuddly Beautiful

Dworak is an unknown quantity at this point
I got a feeling the "public beta" and the 2 week "trial" will be the one and same
Dworak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2003, 22:27   #8
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Dworak
I got a feeling the "public beta" and the 2 week "trial" will be the one and same
I had that same thought when i read it :/
Unread 4 Aug 2003, 22:35   #9
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dworak
No, there will be a public beta followed by the official launch of PaX which will have 2 weeks of 'testing time'.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 12:08   #10
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
No, there will be a public beta followed by the official launch of PaX which will have 2 weeks of 'testing time'.
I won't get my hopes up till it's running Have been disappointed before Still can't till it starts
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 16:26   #11
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
is that offical confirmation or just your opinion on it ?

*not flaming just curious

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 16:33   #12
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by gzambo
is that offical confirmation or just your opinion on it ?

*not flaming just curious

afaik

public beta starting around next week

when that is done, we will have a 2week free trial be4 PAX starts.

Im not sure if the 2 weeks trial is the 2 first weeks of the round, or if its separate.
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 21:47   #13
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx
Im not sure if the 2 weeks trial is the 2 first weeks of the round, or if its separate.
As far as I know, the free two week period is indeed the start of Round 10. During those weeks you can decide to pay and keep on playing (if you do not have a R10 credit yet), or not to play
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 22:09   #14
JC
lolly roffle

I can see a lot of people not bothering to pay if their alliance isnt in a good position after those initial 2 weeks.

If thats what happens its a bad plan, would be much better to have the trial period and actual round separate.
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 03:06   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The trial period and the round will be seperate (in one sense if not in another), and free planets will have large restrictions on them. If an alliance doesn't start with paid planets, then they'll be in such a bad way because of the inherent slower start that I don't think they'll be up there at the end of 2 weeks anyway
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 03:47   #16
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
From the July 15th Creator's Hour
<@Spinner> In rd 10, and most likely future rounds, the signup is free, and done without any payment methods etc.
<@Spinner> The planet signed up will enter a "free part of the universe"
<@Spinner> Where it is posible to try out the game for roughly 2 weeks
<@Spinner> Then, the planet is closed, unless or untill it is "upgraded"
<@Spinner> In which case, it is moved to the "paid part of the universe"
<@Spinner> Where the real action is
<@Spinner> Your planet is transported over with all its resources, roids and whatnot
<@Spinner> No interactions is allowed between the free part, and the paid part of the universe
<@Spinner> with one exception, messages.
<@Spinner> You can not scan, attack, defend, attempt covert operations etc across into the "other side"
<@Spinner> But it certainly means everyone can get a feel for the game
<@Spinner> before they pay
<@Spinner> and then decide
Seems pretty straightforward to me. There doesn't appear to be any restrictions on free planets except they're segregated and they have a 2-week time limit before they turn into pumpkins.

With respect to alliances, I guess the only question is when do they want to make the jump over into the Real Universe. The Trail Universe will probably be safer. I suppose the obvious ploy will be to multi/farm like hell for two weeks, then upgrade to the Real Universe.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 03:59   #17
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
Seems pretty straightforward to me. There doesn't appear to be any restrictions on free planets except they're segregated and they have a 2-week time limit before they turn into pumpkins.

With respect to alliances, I guess the only question is when do they want to make the jump over into the Real Universe. The Trail Universe will probably be safer. I suppose the obvious ploy will be to multi/farm like hell for two weeks, then upgrade to the Real Universe.
I think he also said there would be limits to the amount of scans, attacks etc. a free account can do, but i'm not entirely sure of details.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 04:06   #18
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
I think he also said there would be limits to the amount of scans, attacks etc. a free account can do, but i'm not entirely sure of details.
Right you are--I missed that bit. Looks like there won't be any reason for serious players to hang out in the Trial Universe after all.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 08:49   #19
Master
Time Lord

Master is an unknown quantity at this point
The Free period will probably be used as a farmer village.