User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Jun 2003, 07:24   #1
Kalle
still Ensign??

Kalle is an unknown quantity at this point
Question for how long...?

and again.. a top 2 (*G*) planet is closed....

/me points at the subject of this thread.
Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 07:59   #2
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
and justice for all.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 08:00   #3
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
It was infact a bit worrying that an average player like cypher didn't have a failed attack the first two weeks of any round since r7.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 08:23   #4
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
+ could attack 24h a day, always succesfull.
also it's funny to notice a 40 sec gap between the attacking planets on bigger targets on the gal he's roiding.
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 08:29   #5
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
Who will be next, I wonder ?

And is the multihunters really surprising us all with activity this round ?

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 08:30   #6
HRS
TFD forever

HRS is an unknown quantity at this point
1 down, 3000something to go before i am #1!

maybe i'll login more than once a day if that happens

<mpr0733> never underestimate the speed of a fryingdutch thread spammer

<Zapman> ja ik wil hrs stalken, natuurlijk, logisch
HRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 09:11   #7
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
It was infact a bit worrying that an average player like cypher didn't have a failed attack the first two weeks of any round since r7.

out of context question maybe but,

please explain me what skills are required for getting a successfull attack at the start of the round.

As I already had to pull out three or four times this round. I guess I am missing some vital skills, so educate me please.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 09:25   #8
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Can we get our galaxies roids refunded now ?
With interest from 1st day out of protection please.

hAl
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 09:28   #9
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Desse
And is the multihunters really surprising us all with activity this round ?
oh ye of little faith
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 09:42   #10
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
[10:38:36] (msg) (cyphie) en ben btw WEER geopend
(translation: and I'm opened AGAIN)

Lasted for about half a day
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 09:51   #11
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
So why is the last planet he attacked* with still closed?

*400k pts, recalled before cypher landed
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 09:54   #12
Dreadnought

Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
So why is the last planet he attacked* with still closed?

*400k pts, recalled before cypher landed
Creators are scared to "delete" High Profiles. or maybe cypher said he didnt realise it was illegal to multi/account share/farm whatever etc

he pulled a "rabba"
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 10:09   #13
Al_zz
ensign forever

Oh my god, reopened ?

Just like the other twat was reopened who used 12 multi fleets to attack us in that same raid cypher was in ? Who was helped by a friend but he did not know his friend would use multiaccounts to do so ???

Btw, was cyphers "kamikaze" planet support account also closed and is that still closed ?

hAl
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 10:11   #14
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
you didn't really get the out of context thingy did you?
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 10:17   #15
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
and justice for all.

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 10:24   #16
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
out of context question maybe but,
Not at all out of context.
Quote:
please explain me what skills are required for getting a successfull attack at the start of the round.
Theamion did not talk about a single successfull attack - but rather about no failed attacks for the first two weeks. That's a completely different kettle of fish.
Quote:
As I already had to pull out three or four times this round. I guess I am missing some vital skills, so educate me please.
Unless you count whatever skills are required to aquire some extremely unselfish friends ... probably not anything you are allowed within the "USER AGREEMENT AND GAME LICENSE" you agreed to when you signed up. Well, that someones account was closed suggests that this might be the case.
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 10:29   #17
Preach
Crashing fleets since R3

Preach is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Al_zz
Oh my god, reopened ?

Just like the other twat was reopened who used 12 multi fleets to attack us in that same raid cypher was in ? Who was helped by a friend but he did not know his friend would use multiaccounts to do so ???

Btw, was cyphers "kamikaze" planet support account also closed and is that still closed ?

hAl
uhm? pardon me hAl? PA Team reopened him obviously because they had no proof he has cheated, but were investigating possible circumstances where he could have cheated, due to someone reporting him. The same goes for every planet that gets reported under what could be interpretated as dubius circumstances.

If cypher had any multi planet he would be deleted and booted from the game and kamikaze. Same for any members of my BG who cheats / account shares / multi's / farms etc... I dont condone cheating of any kind in this game, as its the reason its dying. I deal with all such claims about my BG members seriously. If your gonna make accusations be damn sure to have proof to back it up. I dont take unsubstantiated loose claims about any of members of my group lightly when it comes to cheating. So show the proof either in board PM or posted here, whichever you want. Otherwise go make posts in other threads where you can actually back up your claims.

Preach
Kamikaze HC
R4.0 : 30:18:02 : Genesis of Word Of God : FA
R5.0 : 37:03:12 : Le Metatron of Corporeal Plane : FA BC
R6.0 : 10:12:04 : L' Eliminatore of Celeste Eccessivo Il Mondo : Titans Officer
R7.0 : 27:13:01 : Always Outnumbered of Never Outgunned : Titans Officer
R8.0 : 29:05:07 : Miyamoto Musashi of Niten Ichi-Ryu : Titans HC
R9.0 : 31:03:09 : Preach of I Like To Score : Titans Retirement Galaxy
R9.5 : 11:04:10 : Napoleon Solo of The Man From U.N.C.L.E. : LDK
Preach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 10:30   #18
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally posted by zenopus
snip

Hans was implying that you need to be an uberleet skilled player to be very succesful at getting targets that doesnt get mass coverage. Cyphie is too average to have such succesfull attacks (according to Theamion).

That was my point. I still would like to know the required skills then apart from cheating or luck or some kind of spy network (backstabbing) network.

Last edited by SilverSmoke; 12 Jun 2003 at 10:42.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 10:31   #19
Preach
Crashing fleets since R3

Quote:
Theamion did not talk about a single successfull attack - but rather about no failed attacks for the first two weeks. That's a completely different kettle of fish.
Completely and utterly inaccurate, Cypher has had many failed attacks, I know because I have gotten news scans for his targets on quite a few occasions in the first 2 weeks. Please talk with fact thx.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 10:37   #20
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought
Creators are scared to "delete" High Profiles. or maybe cypher said he didnt realise it was illegal to multi/account share/farm whatever etc

he pulled a "rabba"
Interesting whom you call high profile.

Apart from that, Creators have no problem with closing high profile players (see the closure of a lot of top 20 planets in r8, could name them all, but I think you know them, too)
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 10:49   #21
zenopus
Xenoc

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Preach
Completely and utterly inaccurate, Cypher has had many failed attacks, I know because I have gotten news scans for his targets on quite a few occasions in the first 2 weeks. Please talk with fact thx.
I believe my reference to what Theamion said
to be completely and utterly accurate
(as in reflecting what he said and meant).

What he said may have been wrong, I suggest you bring that up with him - or a moderator if he has violated the forum rules.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 10:49   #22
Al_zz
ensign forever

Quote:
uhm? pardon me hAl? PA Team reopened him obviously because they had no proof he has cheated, but were investigating possible circumstances where he could have cheated, due to someone reporting him. The same goes for every planet that gets reported under what could be interpretated as dubius circumstances.

If cypher had any multi planet he would be deleted and booted from the game and kamikaze. Same for any members of my BG who cheats / account shares / multi's / farms etc... I dont condone cheating of any kind in this game, as its the reason its dying. I deal with all such claims about my BG members seriously. If your gonna make accusations be damn sure to have proof to back it up. I dont take unsubstantiated loose claims about any of members of my group lightly when it comes to cheating. So show the proof either in board PM or posted here, whichever you want. Otherwise go make posts in other threads where you can actually back up your claims.

Preach
Kamikaze HC
I did not refer to your battlegroup but to the podless xan planet "kamikaze" that cypher used in his attacks on us.

I do not make unsubstantiated claims. I spoke about multi fleets attacking us and they were cause when the planets were closed for investigation someone confessed to the smaller planets being mutli (and so protect the bigger planet who was the only one that send pods) and those small planets were subsequently deleted.(and the bigger planet reopened )

Obviously cypher and the planets of his 'friends' got away with it. Lucky for him but I hardly think that justifies you having to say anything about proof as the attack on us was one of the most blatant cheating I have ever encountered against my own gal.
If you want details visit me on IRC this evening.

hAl
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 10:53   #23
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Heartless
Interesting whom you call high profile.

Apart from that, Creators have no problem with closing high profile players (see the closure of a lot of top 20 planets in r8, could name them all, but I think you know them, too)
I think you'll find in that case the evidence was so utterly blatant, they just had to be closed.

Any other cheat can talk it off nowadays and PA team just believe them. He can't have had many failed attacks due to his high roid count, but he may not have been cheating. However, maybe PA team just got scared and didn't want to upset anyone before round 10 in case they lose a player or two. What they don't realise is failure to close real cheats will keep more people away from round 10 than if the cheats were closed and left themselves. Everyone can news scan and they make up their own minds on top players, if they believe he was cheating and he wasn't closed then they will feel that PA team haven't done a good job. And who wants cheats playing round 10 anyway?

The money people, of course.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 11:05   #24
Ad0
Slightly different.....

Ad0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
I think you'll find in that case the evidence was so utterly blatant, they just had to be closed.

Any other cheat can talk it off nowadays and PA team just believe them. He can't have had many failed attacks due to his high roid count, but he may not have been cheating. However, maybe PA team just got scared and didn't want to upset anyone before round 10 in case they lose a player or two. What they don't realise is failure to close real cheats will keep more people away from round 10 than if the cheats were closed and left themselves. Everyone can news scan and they make up their own minds on top players, if they believe he was cheating and he wasn't closed then they will feel that PA team haven't done a good job. And who wants cheats playing round 10 anyway?

The money people, of course.
Firsts things first, I'm going to give cypher the benefit of the doubt here because he is a friend.. yes im biased. There thats out of the way.

Next thing, frankly the actions of the PA team here and laffable in so many ways. Step 1) they get a multi report, the investigate and if the evidence is strong enough they close. The point of contention here is , doesnt closure, or shouldnt closure only happen when the evidence is conclusive, such that they DONT get reopened.

CLosing someone will ALWAYS get them coming to you, thinking about their actions and making an excuse which fits the circumstances... aka rabba. If the pa team are not confident enough of the T&C (which STATES that their desision is final) then they shouldnt even both having multihunters.

The state of the game is such that only the OBVIOUS low tier cheats or the blatantly stupid get closed, anyone who can provide even a 0.0000001% possible excuse are let off and reopened since there isnt enough proof.

Isnt it time the creators grew some balls and actually stood by the morals... cheating in this game sucks.... YES i have cheated in earlier rounds... ill admit it, for the past few rounds however I have been clean and its sickening that people who EVERYONE KNOWS cheat get away with it because the creators are faling in their duty to police the game.

In this instance why was he closed (given there should have been evidence) and then reopened (was it the my family were round at my house.. i had visitors, its for my 10 cousins).

This being said... I trust cypher to an extent... hence why i am trying to be restrained but I have seen to many cheats get away with it.
Ad0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 11:07   #25
Preach
Crashing fleets since R3

Quote:
I did not refer to your battlegroup but to the podless xan planet "kamikaze" that cypher used in his attacks on us.

I do not make unsubstantiated claims. I spoke about multi fleets attacking us and they were cause when the planets were closed for investigation someone confessed to the smaller planets being mutli (and so protect the bigger planet who was the only one that send pods) and those small planets were subsequently deleted.(and the bigger planet reopened )

Obviously cypher and the planets of his 'friends' got away with it. Lucky for him but I hardly think that justifies you having to say anything about proof as the attack on us was one of the most blatant cheating I have ever encountered against my own gal.
If you want details visit me on IRC this evening.

hAl
Fair enough hAL, i'll catch you on irc later. As for that "Kamikaze" planet I believe thats a dutchie called Maztijn who is playing inactively and allianceless this round, I am sure you could also pm him to clarify any points or issues you have outstanding about his attacks with cypher, he is usually in #fryingfun.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 11:17   #26
zenopus
Xenoc

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
Hans was implying that you need to be an uberleet skilled player to be very succesful at getting targets that don't get mass coverage. Cyphie is too average to have such succesfull attacks (according to Theamion).

That was my point. I still would like to know the required skills then apart from cheating or luck or some kind of spy network (backstabbing) network.
So, either every past winner won because
  • they cheated - but got away with it (not a nice thing to say, so let's discount that)
  • they were lucky - no more skilled than anyone else (a bit of a downer)
  • they had an uberleet spy network
or a combination of those, or
those uberleet skills mentioned here and there in this thread really do exist.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 11:30   #27
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

the 'skill' involved what i meant was attacking the first weeks at targets that you know through and through, getting intel on them knowing the are less likely to get defence etc etc, launching on them at the insomnia times.

cypher doesn't do that. he picks a target and launches on it, like last round sometimes at 1700 CEST and gets through.

The skill lies more in the intel gathering, which is something cypher doesn't do. (nor do I, but more I have to add)
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 11:47   #28
Al_zz
ensign forever

Quote:
Fair enough hAL, i'll catch you on irc later. As for that "Kamikaze" planet I believe thats a dutchie called Maztijn who is playing inactively and allianceless this round, I am sure you could also pm him to clarify any points or issues you have outstanding about his attacks with cypher, he is usually in #fryingfun.
I wish i had people waking up in the middle of the night every day launching their fleets to send with me. I will believe that this guy is the official owner of that planet but about who controls it when sending fleets in the middle of the night ...

hAl
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 11:53   #29
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
I wish i had people waking up in the middle of the night every day launching their fleets to send with me. I will believe that this guy is the official owner of that planet but about who controls it when sending fleets in the middle of the night ...

hAl
not only that, cypher attacks at very irregular times, they must be having a mobile and a laptop so they can connect to the internet everytime everywhere.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 12:06   #30
Dreadnought

Quote:
Originally posted by Heartless
(see the closure of a lot of top 20 planets in r8, could name them all, but I think you know them, too)

Please do name them, i didnt play r8
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 12:16   #31
Preach
Crashing fleets since R3

Quote:

hAl
Maz played in too of my old galaxies back in R6 and R7. He was always contactable via sms, and came online whenever he was ever needed. I consider him as good a friend one can get in an online game. He plays purely to have fun and pass his time in work, plus chat on irc. I doubt he even has a forums account with which to defend himself on this with, as he has never been to interested in all these boards. However he does have a flaw, he isnt always able to come online due to him being on the beer quite often, like a typical dutchie . I am sure many other people know him as well as I do and will confirm the same. I seriously doubt maz shares logins or any such things, but as I say people can surprise you in PA all the time, so if you can prove he did, fair enough, I would be very disapointed and shocked if he actually did tho.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 12:16   #32
Preach
Crashing fleets since R3

Quote:
not only that, cypher attacks at very irregular times, they must be having a mobile and a laptop so they can connect to the internet everytime everywhere.
Not everything has to be so sinister Theamion. There are some good guys still left in the world of PA.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 12:18   #33
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Not everything has to be so sinister Theamion. There are some good guys still left in the world of PA.
Like me!

Haven't cheated yet!

Actually I haven't broken the rules yet, since we all know it's only cheating if you get caught, and only stupid people get caught.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 12:29   #34
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Like me!

dont think so
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 12:31   #35
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
Again, it is dangerous to speculate on issues you simply do not have the facts about.

- We are more than happy to close "high profile players" , what better way to show we take it serisouly

- We are not "scared" of losing some players over closing cheaters, on the countrary, we know very well that the more we close the more we can re-establish respect for the rules and the more players there will be in the long run.

- Even though it would be nice to have 100% evidence every time, sometimes we have to base closures on the "sum of factors" as evidence left on the servers might not be 100 % waterproof. Also, "evidence" can be "interpreted" when there are unknown facts behind them, circumstances or not.

- I will not discuss cyphers case here, as the details surrounding it involves confidential info protected by the user agreement.

Please dont critisize PaTeam withouth KNOWING facts, it doesnt really work. We have only so much to work with, and we have just started closing planets.
And it takes time, a lot of time. And just about every planet we close will come shouting claims of innocence here on the forums to drag us down into the dirt, so its a lose lose situation either way.

Aint life grand (-:

But we do close them.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 12:47   #36
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
heh well i just got home from college... and i'll just explain a few things worthy of being explained...

first of all hal's "kamikaze" planet is from maztijn, he is a scanner for kamikaze and just builds some ships from useless metal (seeing as he's scanner)

i have actually more often refused him as he said asked to escort me (cuz alot of others do same in top 10 and he wants me to have a good ranking more then me) and yes he is a good friend of mine also irl

as for the fact theamion says attacking at all times.... most people who know me know i'm on irc all the time... and i am currently in kamikaze and in LDK and another group where i can get attacks from

ldk for example attacks during daytime when they have fleets... cuz quite basically people don't expect it anymore... besides being a xan helps, faking is quite easy ya know.. and when you don't pick the best targets... like ministers at start they quite often run as enough good players know...

as for theamions comments on being an average player... i've been atleast top 100 player since r6 when i was in gal with titans hc.. (obviously couldn't keep the ranking after a while cuz of the war...) but have been top 100 atleast since then. with the exceptions of the random rounds.. those were top 10 and then r9 cuz i suicided my fleet cuz of college and exams and cuz the round was useless anyways by that time.

if that's still only average... i admire the 'good' players no offence

last thx Spinner for sorting it. much appreciated
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 12:48   #37
K03N
Banned

for 1,5 -2 years me and cypher are having fights about him cheating or not.
a few days ago my gal was attacked by cypher and his little friends. we checked the exact LT's of the hostiles on the bigger planets in our gal...always a +-40 sec gap between them.

oh. and since when does LDK launch at :53 instead of 58/59?
it just makes no sense. i've been following cypher with newsies, stats on pilkara etc since begin of R7. always the same pattern.

i've been with him in an alliance R2/3/4 (TFD and knights) and he was never that good; average, at best. and now he reaches a toprank every round?!
only conclusion i could draw from my experiences and intel on him, is that OR his skills and luck got boosted 500% since R4, OR he's cheating since R7 (for sure), or even before that.

now, how quick does pa crew actually close a planet cuz they 'think' he cheats?

ah well. reopened or not, i will always remember him as a cheater, cuz i'm 100% certain he does that.

cheat on cypher, and hf the rest of the round.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 12:53   #38
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
this whole 40 second window thing is bollocks..

why on earth people think that you can't be logged into more than 1 account at a time defies logic..
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 12:55   #39
K03N
Banned

ofc it's no proof. but when you just add little facts like that to other little facts and stats, you get a real nice picture of mr cypher. you should try it, much fun
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 12:56   #40
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by K03N
for 1,5 -2 years me and cypher are having fights about him cheating or not.
a few days ago my gal was attacked by cypher and his little friends. we checked the exact LT's of the hostiles on the bigger planets in our gal...always a +-40 sec gap between them.

oh. and since when does LDK launch at :53 instead of 58/59?
it just makes no sense. i've been following cypher with newsies, stats on pilkara etc since begin of R7. always the same pattern.

i've been with him in an alliance R2/3/4 (TFD and knights) and he was never that good; average, at best. and now he reaches a toprank every round?!
only conclusion i could draw from my experiences and intel on him, is that OR his skills and luck got boosted 500% since R4, OR he's cheating since R7 (for sure), or even before that.

now, how quick does pa crew actually close a planet cuz they 'think' he cheats?

ah well. reopened or not, i will always remember him as a cheater, cuz i'm 100% certain he does that.

cheat on cypher, and hf the rest of the round.
i don't check ldk launchtimes.. if people are offline why not launch a bit earlier? doesn't seem so weird to me... if i attack a planet in a gal i don't know how other planets in those gals get attacked... doubt anyone does.

i've explained above that i have different places to attack from..

my skills prolly did get boosted from round 4 onwards... as round 4 was the first round i ever played koen. once again your info lacks some facts as usual. i've played like 2 weeks be4 havoc in round 3?
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 12:59   #41
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

you've avoided the blatant escorting isseu.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 13:03   #42
cypher
U've been Moderated

blatant escorting issue.. as i said maztijn has done it once

and yesterday parracida offered to send roaches with me cuz i wouldn't have had enough co to get past the targets spiders.. and seeing as you kinda need to take the big planets.. he offered to help out

i have not used an escort fleet besides those 2 as far as i know.

but infact i do have friends enough that offer to escort me just so i can get a high ranking... foolishly enough i almost always refuse unless it's important enough for my bg.

if you think cuz of those 2 that i'm always escorting... be my guest
coming from you i can't say it really matters to me.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 13:31   #43
Al_zz
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Spinner
- Even though it would be nice to have 100% evidence every time, sometimes we have to base closures on the "sum of factors" as evidence left on the servers might not be 100 % waterproof. Also, "evidence" can be "interpreted" when there are unknown facts behind them, circumstances or not.
Problem is that cheaters often seem to come up with some kind of explanation that fits the discovered facts. It doesn't take a genius to make sure creators cannot get any conclusive evidence on multying ever. So then there is always a story that fits the bill for the dubieus actions seen in game.

hAl
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 13:42   #44
Kalle
still Ensign??

Quote:
Originally posted by Spinner

Please dont critisize PaTeam withouth KNOWING facts, it doesnt really work. We have only so much to work with, and we have just started closing planets.
And it takes time, a lot of time. And just about every planet we close will come shouting claims of innocence here on the forums to drag us down into the dirt, so its a lose lose situation either way.

erm Mr Spinner,

now tell me what are exactly 100% evidence???

Round9:
<Kloopy> Yes, i saw your mail. thats proof that they are
account sharing and action will be taken.

^^ those planets were closed after some hours.

and reopend after one of the owner had talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked to you.

i would really like to know....

WHAT ARE EXACTLY 100% EVIDENCES???
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 13:51   #45
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

personally I don't think I will ever be closed permanently, I will just whine until Chrislas reopens me.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 13:58   #46
Kalle
still Ensign??

and to all the new players out there:

if you wanna be on top of the game follow this rules:

- give very important persons in that game everyday a head
- be on irc regularly (idling or just talking s**t should do it)
- find some friends, brother, sister, mum, your third cousin once removed on your aunty's side, buy them an account (or let them just sign up if its free) and make sure that they are willing to get up at any time to launch with you at a target (no, this isnt cheating)
- would be saver to join one of those big alliances

any points i didnt mentioned?
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 14:03   #47
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by K03N
I don't care if Cypher is cheating this round or not... And i want him dead as well(Since he said, i couldn't do it )

But Cypher DO got skill.. I've played speedround with him, he was in my galaxy.. And sitting 2 meters away from me in my house....

And looking at his score, says enough.... And i doubt he had time to farm or use escorts in speedround.. Cause when he wasn't playing.. I was kicking him \0/

So indeed Cypher could be top10 with skill..... But cypher, even me doubt you can do it 4 rounds long \0/

And you will see my fleet soon.. So we can have fun again
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 14:27   #48
cypher
U've been Moderated

i didn't do it 4 rounds long m8

but thx heh
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 14:33   #49
HRS
TFD forever

HRS is an unknown quantity at this point
Speedgames have more to do with playing every minute, attack a lot and not get roided/killed to often then skill imo

(why am i posting in an useless topic like this? ofc some players cheat, i don't care if cypher is one of them or not, just delete his planet anyway )

<mpr0733> never underestimate the speed of a fryingdutch thread spammer

<Zapman> ja ik wil hrs stalken, natuurlijk, logisch
HRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 14:38   #50
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by HRS
Speedgames have more to do with playing every minute, attack a lot and not get roided/killed to often then skill imo
We where all in 1 galaxy... And all as active as he(sitting together) so he needs 48 hours of luck to be #1.. You can't compare playes in other gals i think.. BUt players in the same gal you can..

Quote:
Originally posted by HRS
(why am i posting in an useless topic like this? ofc some players cheat, i don't care if cypher is one of them or not, just delete his planet anyway ) [/b]
THIS IS SO TRUE