User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Jul 2003, 08:33   #1
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Important question regarding the R10 forums

Do you have any plans for a r10 RP forum?
The opertunity to rid us of the RP forums once and for all, when we move to the new board, should not be overlooked.

You'll never have a better chance to strip out the dead wood, think of all the bandwidth you'll save alone!!111234
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 09:16   #2
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Question

The boards are moving?
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 09:24   #3
Woof
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Apothos
The boards are moving?
Being overhauled for r10 apparently.
With intergration between forum and game to a greater extent.
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 10:54   #4
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
Being overhauled for r10 apparently.
With intergration between forum and game to a greater extent.
does that mean non players will get booted ?
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 10:57   #5
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
i better not loose my ****ing account ffs i've worked hard to get myself to where i am today
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 10:58   #6
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Kumnaa
does that mean non players will get booted ?
couldn't be cos that would mean the new forums would be empty*

*hahalolhahha pa sucks
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 11:01   #7
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by mbushell
i better not loose my ****ing account ffs i've worked hard to get myself to where i am today
they said you prolly would

everyone else is fine tho, but JJ said "that mbushell's a bit of a twat, let's 'accidently' delete his account when we move"

Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 11:03   #8
mbushell

don't make me angry, you won't like me when i'm angry (is that how it goes, i've not read or seen it).
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 11:11   #9
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
(is that how it goes, i've not read or seen it).
i think so

might have been "you're making me angry, you wouldn't like me when i'm angry"
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 11:15   #10
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
i think so

might have been "you're making me angry, you wouldn't like me when i'm angry"
that sounds more like it

I'll be back!
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 13:37   #11
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Karmulian said hes working on a way to transfer the nicks over iirc.

Non players will get to post, but we wont have certain privelages. So say goodbye to your avatrs, your custom title - and if the PA team decide to be nazis, your signature, your location - we might have to wait longer between each post, etc etc etc.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 13:58   #12
Woof
Banned

From what i read, you can stilll have a forum account without having a game accountoo.
People who have a game account will have acess to more forum features, than those without a game account.

Probably something like.....better avatars, custom tiltes and the ability to use the :******: smilie.
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 14:00   #13
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
From what i read, you can stilll have a forum account without having a game accountoo.
we'll just all move over to starbucks forum or somewhere else
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 14:04   #14
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
we'll just all move over to starbucks forum or somewhere else
or all join SA
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 15:05   #15
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumnaa
or all join SA
that wouldn't work

we'd lose any community aspect we have left and just be assimilated into theirs
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 20:30   #16
Karmulian

Exclamation Official Comment

The forums will be wiped, all current details, threads etc will be gone

"Karmulian said hes working on a way to transfer the nicks over iirc."IF we do this, literally only the nicks will be transferable, nothing else (Eg post counts)

everyone will be allowed a forum account
however those who play the game will have different priveleges
(no not pety things like avatars)
more likely they will have access to new forums

as for RP
it will be staying.. at least as far as i am concerned

you may argue that it is not game related, well neither is GD - but you don't see us getting rid of it
RP jas its own community much as GD does, except with the exception that RP don't trash all the other forums, or spam their own forum pointlessly

anyways before i start an arguement with myself.. RP will be staying.
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 01:23   #17
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i dont think anyone seriously expected it to be removed, dude.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 05:18   #18
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
i dont think anyone seriously expected it to be removed, dude.
You overestimated Karm's sense of humor...you can expect him to fix something or pull off some things really nicely. However, expecting him to be a> funny and b> have people skills is a bit much
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 14:27   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Official Comment

PS We're firing all the mods and hiring new ones. First in line gets the choice between GD, RP and AD*.

*Now there's a tough one heh.
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 14:33   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I want RP
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 14:34   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
I want RP

I'm taking AR.

JC, you've got either AD or GD (said the rapist to his cellmate heh).
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 15:46   #22
Woof
Banned

I'll take GD.
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 16:48   #23
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Damn i guess that leaves me with AD
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 17:55   #24
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I think my shoulders are broad enough to take it , hence ill moderate a forum containing all the troublemakers , spammers , l33t h4xx0r5 and script kiddies.

We can call it GS .... no prizes for working out what that means.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 19:13   #25
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
I just thought i would mention, im a harsher moderator than most here
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 21:46   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Gurning Salmon?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 22:35   #27
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Erm... what does it mean?!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 23:01   #28
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Official Comment

Quote:
Originally posted by Karmulian
everyone will be allowed a forum account
however those who play the game will have different priveleges
(no not pety things like avatars)
more likely they will have access to new forums
not to undermine or question your ace plan, but why would having access to a new forum be of any benefit??? what exactly can they discuss on that, that cant be discussed here?? is this going to be another debating forum comedy debacle?
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 23:06   #29
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Re: Official Comment

Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
but why would having access to a new forum be of any benefit??? what exactly can they discuss on that, that cant be discussed here??
In-game stuff that non-players dont need nor want to read?
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 23:12   #30
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Re: Re: Official Comment

Quote:
Originally posted by JC
isnt this already covered in PD??? what im trying to say is what benefit will there actually be in only allowing people who pay to use those forums?
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 23:14   #31
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Re: Re: Official Comment

Quote:
Originally posted by JC
You mean I won't be able to laugh at the AD posters anymore?
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 23:16   #32
Ragnarak

basically it'll mean we're all banned from PD/AD?

oh noes
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 08:35   #33
Woof
Banned

Unless you have a community the size of SA, too many forums means you get crap content as you disperse the posters.

There is nothing worse than seeing a forum, with loads of different boards, each with about 10 posts.
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 11:09   #34
JC
lolly roffle

Before everyone goes off and complains i had better point out i was only guessing at what these special forums for payed users would be but it would make sense to have only PA-players viewing AD/PD/AR etc seeing as its not relevant to a non-playing GD or RP poster.