User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Dec 2004, 00:50   #1
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
cheap mp3 players?

can anyone recommend any good and cheap mp3 players? i'm looking to get one for someone's christmas and can prolly borrow upto 150 quid for one, the only one's i've found for that only have like 2gb hd's.

is there anything better than that?
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 00:51   #2
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: cheap mp3 players?

I just got a 30gb Creative Zen Xtra. £170

Works for me!
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 00:53   #3
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
I've got a 30gb Creative Zen Xtra for about 225 euro (if I remember well)

Works for me!
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 00:58   #4
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

You can....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
I just got a 30gb Creative Zen Xtra. £170

Works for me!
OR you can get a Sony Minidisc player. Only £100. Unfortunately stores about 170mb on each disc.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 00:59   #5
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Why on earth would someone do something foolish like that?
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 01:00   #6
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

In case he's that poor.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 01:01   #7
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

i thought mini dics where more or less a dead format now??

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 01:24   #8
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

I would by a normal mp3 reading cd player anyway over that minidisc shit.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 01:25   #9
Blastoderm
________

What is/was wrong with the minidisc?
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 01:33   #10
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

well u cud pick up an ipod mini on ebay from 100-150 pounds i think, or 179.99 retail in shops, its 4mb memory
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 01:35   #11
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

4mb is rather crap dude
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 01:42   #12
Blastoderm
________

4mb is really, really, really, really (you get my drift), really crap.

SS, you haven't answered my question...
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 01:44   #13
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

170mb vs 700mb
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 01:45   #14
Blastoderm
________

Small music player vs Brick music player
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 01:46   #15
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

He means 4gb

Minidiscs are becoming a dead format because there isn't really that much difference between them and CD's. mp3 players are better because you don't have to carry CD's / mindiscs around with you anyway.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 01:48   #16
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
Small music player vs Brick music player
My brick fits perfectly in a pocket of my jacket, even during summer I can easily put in in one of the backpockets of my jeans which looks rather cool and trendy!
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 01:49   #17
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliterate
He means 4gb
Yeah I know, I just thought let's bring in some of the funnies!
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 03:02   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You can (and do) get shock protected CD players.

And CD's cost about 10p each IF THAT.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 03:12   #19
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
except they're protected from shocks and you can write to them more than once?

many dj's and music people swear by their minidiscs
im a minidisc man but im tempted by an ipod...
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 04:26   #20
macros69
Um....... Macros

macros69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I would by a normal mp3 reading cd player anyway over that minidisc shit.
y ?? md's now a days have lp4 and can contain 4x80 mins which is like 240 mins. seing as you can buy a net md for about £90 and 10 mds cost like £3 then y not make this the poor mans option to an mp3 player seeing as you can put mp3s on it like it was an mp3 player. I personnally have just upgraded to the creative zen media centre from ebay for like £300 i think maybe a bit more but then that plays videos aswell. Now that is a nice player

Last edited by macros69; 17 Dec 2004 at 05:22.
macros69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 05:20   #21
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

with regards to the topic, I got my creative zen for £160. 30gb also, http://www.microdirect.co.uk too lazy to get to the link closely, more worth it than going for a slightly cheaper but much worse capacity-wise mp3 player.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 10:43   #22
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

i got the 30gb creative zen about 2/3 months ago for £160. it is excellent value for money. major ball ache ripping all my cds tho
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 11:07   #23
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

iriver > ipod
iriver > ipod
iriver > ipod
iriver > ipod
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 11:17   #24
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

Why would you want an mp3 player that has a battery for about 20hours and there is music on it for about 1000 hours?
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 11:23   #25
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

do you really need me to tell you the answer to that or do you just want to think about it a bit more?
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 11:29   #26
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

be a nice guy and enlighten me
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 11:34   #27
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the word for today is 'convenience'. it is highly convenient to be able to store all your music files on one medium, without having to fanny around with mini discs or hooking it up to a pc every time you want to change the playlist, especially if you are away from home for extended periods of time.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 11:41   #28
paolo
Kwaak

Do you have 30gb of music?
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 11:49   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
the cd itself is protected
Explain to me then why one of my CD players has obvious shock protection and another one obviously doesn't.. Doesn't this render your argument invalid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by some other guy
Why would you want an mp3 player that has a battery for about 20hours and there is music on it for about 1000 hours?
More battery life, more space and more versatility are not bad things.

If you don't fill your iRiver, what the hey! Use it as a portable harddrive.

Quote:
Yes.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 12:20   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolo
There's a lot of people here who have a lot more than that. But yeah, of course I do. I'd now find a player without at least 5GB of space a major inconvenience (the tracks of my favourite 4-5 bands probably are in excess of that).

On-topic : I got a Creative Zen Touch (20GB) for £200 about a month ago. I like it quite a lot. I'd imagine if you buy on-line you could get for £150-£170.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 12:22   #31
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Product...65&GroupID=380

I assume that is practically the same as the 30gb one myself and a few others (Kura etc) have. It is excellent and i would recommend it to anyone looking for an mp3 player that isnt overpriced like the IPOD.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 12:27   #32
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah that's the one I have, it's good and the battery life is the best for an MP3 player I've seen (good for morons like me who forget to recharge it).
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 12:30   #33
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I am disappointed by the lack of support for the iriver in this thread
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 13:01   #34
nick
modest sagacity

nick has a spectacular aura aboutnick has a spectacular aura aboutnick has a spectacular aura about

3rd generation ipod.
nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 13:34   #35
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold

Ipods break their harddrive when they fall.

Flash memory gets corrupted with time.

I still prefer to have a player that has a storage device that I can change/swap when it gets defective and that won't cost me as much as a new player. Hence I'll be buying a Net MD from Sony.

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 13:37   #36
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why not take advantage of the weak dollar and get yourself an iriver/ipod from ebay.com with proper storage capacity? A 20gig ipod only costs £155 from amazon.com, and I'm sure you could find one cheaper if you hunt around.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 13:38   #37
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeeThot
Flash memory gets corrupted with time.
I never knew that.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 17:10   #38
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

My blue RIO Volt has been serving me well over the past few years (CD MP3 player), yet I'm thinking about buying a decent HD MP3 Player.
Can the IPod play MP3's or is it limitted to that audio format from apple? And can I put data/music on it without that apple crap software (ie: use it as a mass-storage device)?
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 17:41   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeeThot
I still prefer to have a player that has a storage device that I can change/swap when it gets defective and that won't cost me as much as a new player.
Dropping the iPod breaks it, but then dropping most things break them.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 18:27   #40
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i'm looking at getting a 5gb zen micro because it's cheap, very small and LOOKS AWESOME. however, the 20gb touch isn't much more, and has four times the hard drive. I have about 16 gigs of music and regularly listen to about 4 gigs of it. If i wanted to change music anyway it wouldn't be THAT tedious a procedure, but still..
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 19:12   #41
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

buy a second hand ipod.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 19:13   #42
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Try this: get a CD, get a rough surface, scratch the underside of the cd against the surface.

now do the same with a minidisc

IS THIS CLEAR ENOUGH NOW ?

shock protection is so it doesn't skip when u jump around, and the lenses keep on reading ahead. basically its a buffer.
in other words, minidiscs are proofed against complete imbeciles better than their substantially cheaper CD counterparts?
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 19:22   #43
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Try this: get a CD, get a rough surface, scratch the underside of the cd against the surface.

now do the same with a minidisc

IS THIS CLEAR ENOUGH NOW ?

I know what shock protection does. But maybe if you, in the original post, hadn't stated the exact opposite of what you just said ('The CD is protected') maybe this wouldn't have veered off on this tangent.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 19:23   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
and they can be written many times, rather than WORM media

in sum, minidiscs > cd's
However, cds are more versatile and cheaper than minidisks.

I buy CDs anyway, I have no need for minidisks.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 19:23   #45
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
and they can be written many times, rather than WORM media

in sum, minidiscs > cd's
I have rewritable CD's so that's a void argument.
The only advantage of a minidisk is its cartridge-like casing protecting it from damage and their size/capacity ratio (if what you said about them being able to hold 4 albums of CD music was true).
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 19:25   #46
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Frankly, with an mp3 cd player, you can hold a good 10+ albums anyway.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 19:29   #47
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I though Flav was referring to CD data rather than MP3. Oh well.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 19:30   #48
Dante Hicks
Clerk

I don't really see the point / need for removable media. I have however many MP3s with redundant copies on various machines. Messing around with physical copies with minidiscs and similar seems a bit silly.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 19:33   #49
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I don't really see the point / need for removable media. I have however many MP3s with redundant copies on various machines. Messing around with physical copies with minidiscs and similar seems a bit silly.
Back in the days, when there were no MP3 players with harddisks, and players with flash memory costed a small fortune and only had 64MB of memory, this would have been a usefull discussion.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 20:59   #50
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
You'd be lucky if you could hold a single CD album in your hands while carrying an mp3 cd player, due to it's weight and size.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote