User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Jul 2004, 19:04   #1
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute
Problems playing CDs. Any ideas?

Probably not the right forum to ask, but anyway. The CDs are fine, and play ok on ordinary CD players. However when I play them on the laptop using windows media player things are different. I hear the 1st track on the CD (in this case Leftfield) only to see the track playing in the "Now playing" window as Bryan wots his name?? It sounds like the track is playing slow with interuptions, with a hint of some other musical rhythim (sp!) in the back ground. I know in the past there have things have been fine; this situation has only arisen since I got connected the the internet a few weeks ago. Any ideas about this gratefully received, I`m abit peed off about this.

ps: plays other music on hard disk ok. No dust inside DVD slot that I can see, lens wiped gently with appropriate cloth .

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 19:22   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Problems playing CDs. Any ideas?

refusing to provide useful information in protest at wrong forum usage.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 19:44   #3
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

ok :/

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 20:12   #4
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Problems playing CDs. Any ideas?

same here!
(try winamp?)
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 20:44   #5
pyirt
nomen est omen

winamp?

Me=Hans_Blix
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 20:46   #6
JetLinus

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of

Winamp!

[Hopeless-mode enabled -- also still at wrong board]
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 21:39   #7
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

jesus ****ing christ, I can live with microsoft babies, but not knowing winamp....
/rant
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 22:03   #8
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Sure the cd doesnt have some kind of copy protection on it. That can often cause erratic behaviour.

Oh and moving to the right forum
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 22:09   #9
pyirt
nomen est omen

Me=Hans_Blix
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 23:46   #10
JetLinus

So does it work using winamp now?
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 12:57   #11
pyirt
nomen est omen

Still the same problem. But hey Winamp looks great. Thanks for the tip.

Me=Hans_Blix
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 18:52   #12
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

My money is on it being a protected cd hence playback on a pc is restricted. If it is the case you may find a media player on the cd that will let you listen to the cd on the pc, but anything but this simply will refuse to play it
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 14:15   #13
pyirt
nomen est omen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flayer
jesus ****ing christ, I can live with microsoft babies, but not knowing winamp....
/rant
Cool your jets Flayer; hey I`m a n00bie. Everyone has something to contribute here.

Me=Hans_Blix