User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Sep 2004, 17:38   #1
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Resident Evil 2

Ok, its just like Riddick, but without the ultra cool lead character.

Leave the brain at home, excuse the repeated use of 'matrix style' special effects, and the endless motion blur, and you have got 90 minutes of great fun.

After just watching it for the second time, I can safely say this recieves the Rids seal of approval!
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 17:50   #2
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Resident Evil 2

I am a core Resident Evil game fan. The first movie was atrocious. It just goes to show that the movie was never going to be like the game.
Blixxard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 17:54   #3
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

The only good thing about the first movie was the soundtrack. I haven't seen the sequel.
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 18:00   #4
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Talking about movies, most retarded thing to happen lately, my gf atm is working door (taking your tickets etc) at the cinema round here.

There are two movies that are doing the rounds of getting people to leave early. First is Hero...

Why Hero?

Cause of the amount of munts who didn't know the movie was subtitled... and don't want to watch no subtitled movie.

The other is Open Water.

Why open Water?

Cause it's the worst piece of shite to grace Movie screens in a long long while and it screams of Mark Kermod's private orgy in his head about how to make a movie totally unwatchable and have some pissy ass message which only James Joyce is suppose to get or something. People seriously walk out after 10 minutes of that movie.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 18:04   #5
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

The first one was shit. The opening introduction splash thing promised so much (well, the bass on my massive subwoofer was going "Ooooomph!" so I expected it to be good) - film was wank eventually.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 21:46   #6
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flayer
The only good thing about the first movie was the soundtrack. I haven't seen the sequel.
The soundtrack for the second one is really cool. Apparently.

But the film seems to be more of an improvement than the first one.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2004, 22:24   #7
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

was ok, i have seen a lot of worse this year. i dont think id watch it more than once though.
Unread 24 Sep 2004, 14:32   #8
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all

Resident Evil II sucks giant mutated demon donkey c*ck in hell. The steaming pile of effluent should never have been thought of, let along written or filmed. It is directly responsible for the fact that a whole series of hollywood writers, producers and directors will now never get into heaven. This misanthropic obcenity is the closest our generation has ever come to cinematic genocide.

Only go see this movie if you want to be suicidal, but having second thoughts, and want to get yourself back on track to violently expunging your own life.

The only medium-light of this movie (there were no highlights) was watching them nuke Toronto city hall.

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2004, 15:39   #9
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
www.halfemptyfilms.com for the script and the a brief summary.
Oooh. Auditions.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2004, 15:41   #10
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermillion

The only medium-light of this movie (there were no highlights) was watching them nuke Toronto city hall.
Kate: Hey that's the TD
Erin: omg!
Kate: NOW tHIS IS CREEPY.

I suspect only Canadians who had been to Toronto found this movie in anyway amusing.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2004, 15:58   #11
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermillion
Resident Evil II sucks giant mutated demon donkey c*ck in hell. The steaming pile of effluent should never have been thought of, let along written or filmed. It is directly responsible for the fact that a whole series of hollywood writers, producers and directors will now never get into heaven. This misanthropic obcenity is the closest our generation has ever come to cinematic genocide.

Only go see this movie if you want to be suicidal, but having second thoughts, and want to get yourself back on track to violently expunging your own life.

what the hell did you expect? a few hundert zombies try to hunt down a group of humans who have some kind of mission. what else could they have done?

PS as GD's ww2-expert, did you watch 'der untergang' yet?