User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 10 Oct 2015, 01:43   #251
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Re: Santa Stats

Where is the fun set ? I'm looking at an old crap...
(rethorical question)

Last edited by Makhil; 10 Oct 2015 at 02:22.
Makhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2015, 02:31   #252
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Half this thread is pointless bickering. Not sure I'd call that 'feedback'.
Lol true true. I got 90% of my feed back /help in pms and sms from people willing to help.

To bad they didn't get picked but thanks to everyone that spent the time helping me. Was appreciated.
Unread 10 Oct 2015, 05:16   #253
loophole

loophole is an unknown quantity at this point

W

T

F

Why?

I'm seriously disappointed. Appocco? What's wrong with Santa's set? Xan weren't good enough? I don't get it.

The set in game right now is shit.

You're gonna have 30-40% xan 25-35% etd maybe 20% cath and 5-10% terran and zik maybe.....looks like the exact same set that made me not play for 2 years.

Let's take a chance on Santa's set being shit instead of going with a ripe pile of old unloved......you guessed it......shit.

Wtf
loophole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2015, 07:21   #254
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Any chance someone ( not Butcher) could explain what happend? I don't think this process could have gone any better than it did, besides maybe banning someone from this thread so if Appocco scrolls through this thread quickly he doesnt get the impression theres big disagreements about this set.

And I dont think i've seen a better and more fun set in years, with the set maker clearly putting in the work to make sure everything is balanced.
If the end result is still what happend now, then I dont see why people would even bother in future rounds to make a new set or give feedback.
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2015, 11:10   #255
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

Even the people that didn't like Santa's stats think theese are worse...

Santa's had a lot of different options. Some thought xan was good, others liked De, personally I preferred fi. But we would probably have seen a round with lots of different strategies.
Now it will be boring with everyone choosing the same. Two thumbs down
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2015, 11:58   #256
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

With Santa's set I was paying to play, with the Appocco special set, i'll just play for free.
Unread 10 Oct 2015, 12:50   #257
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Well Santa didn't get the message from Appoco that he wasn't taking new stat submissions. He had already planned to re-run a set because they have in-game effects they are going to be rolling out. So they picked the set that had the greatest equality of race distribution and picked that set. Made a few changes to them and moved on.

Most of this could have been avoided if Santa/BB would have talked to Appoco(who doesn't usually read forums) ahead of time, and instead of bitching about how my stats didn't get picked we move onto the fact that we have a set of stats and a new round ahead of us. And TBH Makhil the game is better off when you aren't trying anyway.
Unread 10 Oct 2015, 13:25   #258
loophole

This set had the greatest race equality? What changes did they make? Xan got inits lowered and damage increased? Then etd had a similar effect?

I don't give a shit what new thing is being added. It will not be a game changer.....I'm sure. Nononono. It won't, don't argue. Nothing he's doing is going to do shit. Bots? Maybe but then the humans will be all xan and bots will be destroyed. 5 man buddy pack? I'm sure ive seen that before.

Scrap these stats. Run Santa's. Play your little tests on beta. Or make this a free round and allow multiple planets. There's no other way this is going to be a fun round. And I won't do anything but create a planet to get my upgrade/startup bonus perks for later.
Unread 10 Oct 2015, 13:27   #259
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loophole View Post
You're gonna have 30-40% xan 25-35% etd maybe 20% cath and 5-10% terran and zik maybe
The top 100 in r52 had the following race distribution:
Ter 22
Cat 18
Xan 18
Zik 22
Etd 20

The top 200:
Ter 35
Cat 38
Xan 46
Zik 45
Etd 36
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2015, 13:28   #260
loophole

Got a link to original set before "tweaks"
Unread 10 Oct 2015, 13:29   #261
loophole

Or top 1000 would be a good indication of race spread
Unread 10 Oct 2015, 13:31   #262
Makhil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
And TBH Makhil the game is better off when you aren't trying anyway.
TBH your opinion is worth nothing... and even nothing sounds a bit too much.
Unread 10 Oct 2015, 13:35   #263
loophole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
TBH your opinion is worth nothing... and even nothing sounds a bit too much.
Well, I started to feel an ounce of respect for Tia from that post until the end when she dissed you just for funsies.
Unread 10 Oct 2015, 13:47   #264
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
r52: http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=4&round=52
r50: http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=4&round=50

Quote:
Or top 1000 would be a good indication of race spread
I disagree. That includes all the newbies who signed up with the default race (Ter), and all the people who don't understand stats and have no one to tell them what to pick. If you want to know what races were strongest, you look in the places where the strongest planets congregate: the top 100-200.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 10 Oct 2015, 13:48   #265
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=4&round=52

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2015, 13:49   #266
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Too slow! You do your avatar justice.
Unread 10 Oct 2015, 14:13   #267
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Most of this could have been avoided if Santa/BB would have talked to Appoco(who doesn't usually read forums) ahead of time, and instead of bitching about how my stats didn't get picked we move onto the fact that we have a set of stats and a new round ahead of us. And TBH Makhil the game is better off when you aren't trying anyway.

Who you think gave us server access? Who you think I talked to about sks. You are so full of shit sometimes. No one really cares about the random things you say.

Appoco let me waste my time than. (meaning he knew for the past 3 weeks) He also doesn't realize the time I put into this set compared to the time you put into last round fails. Or the 3 sets you failed before then. I probably spent more time on this set then you did every set you've made. I check over mine 5 times. I spent 2 hours a night for the last week and before that sometimes I would spend 4 or more hours on them.
My stats are balanced

R52 races were politics based. No one can say it will happen again. That silly talk.

Last edited by SantaCruz; 10 Oct 2015 at 14:22.
SantaCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2015, 14:35   #268
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
Who you think gave us server access? Who you think I talked to about sks. You are so full of shit sometimes. No one really cares about the random things you say.

Appoco let me waste my time than. (meaning he knew for the past 3 weeks) He also doesn't realize the time I put into this set compared to the time you put into last round fails. Or the 3 sets you failed before then. I probably spent more time on this set then you did every set you've made. I check over mine 5 times. I spent 2 hours a night for the last week and before that sometimes I would spend 4 or more hours on them.
My stats are balanced

R52 races were politics based. No one can say it will happen again. That silly talk.
R52 was indeed very random.
A very offensive set, and its not realy giving anyone the "wibe" thats its gonna be good.
Its how ever been runned 3 times now, if people havnt figured out what kind of a set it is, they havnt been paying attention.

And yes, Appoco considered both the sets that was proposed this round

Unread 10 Oct 2015, 18:50   #269
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Changes were made to make Cath cr Stronger, and Balance out Some of the rediculous Emp.
Unread 10 Oct 2015, 20:11   #270
SantaCruz
I've been around

Quote:
Changes were made to make Cath cr Stronger, and Balance out Some of the rediculous Emp.
Who is doing these changes? These stats are awful. I got members not wanting to play anymore. They sucked r52 and they will be worst now. Every in PA agrees to this.
Unread 10 Oct 2015, 21:48   #271
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

yes but with these stats we can play with flags, so its all worth it.
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2015, 22:26   #272
SantaCruz
I've been around

Tia are you editing these stats?
Unread 11 Oct 2015, 20:24   #273
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

These are probably the definition of balanced but boring.

It's quite disappointing after looking at Santa's stats for so long, while they perhaps were not balanced, they'd almost definitely be more fun.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2015, 21:52   #274
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
The set in game right now is shit.

You're gonna have 30-40% xan 25-35% etd maybe 20% cath and 5-10% terran and zik maybe.....looks like the exact same set that made me not play for 2 years.
Offial announcement:

loophole has officialy been excluded from the stats discussion for all future.

Kind regards the stats mafia

Unread 17 Oct 2015, 07:35   #275
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

christ butcher just shut the **** up
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2015, 12:38   #276
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Wether the stats are good or not we'll see the upcoming weeks, but atleast the races are nicely spread.

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote