User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 30 Apr 2013, 23:16   #1
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
A suggestion to eliminate roid farms and prevent newbie bashing

As the title of the thread suggests, I have a suggestion to help prevent farming and limit the bashing of newbies. The suggestion is simple: if you are in an alliance it should increase the bash limit to 60% of value AND 80% of score if you attack a planet that is not in a top 15 alliance. This would make it significantly harder to roid farm (legally or illegally) while providing some further protection for a brand new player who hasn't figured out how to join a legitimate alliance.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2013, 23:44   #2
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: A suggestion to eliminate roid farms and prevent newbie bashing

Well im sure the normal "top" gals will find a way of abusing this.
Im not against implenting something that will help new players, but we should look into how we can get the new players involved in the community, and into alliances.
Maybe if there was no limits for alliances, they would work harder on recruiting new players?

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2013, 01:05   #3
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

If you remove alliance limits you will have 2 ally's going for win and no one else will matter and eventually 150 man tag vs 170 man tag and no one wins.

But as for the topic on hand I like it, Reducing the bash limit for allied planets vs non-allied planets would be good. personally i think we should move all inactive planets to C200 much faster and prevent them from becoming farms.
Unread 1 May 2013, 01:15   #4
Monroe

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
But as for the topic on hand I like it, Reducing the bash limit for allied planets vs non-allied planets would be good. personally i think we should move all inactive planets to C200 much faster and prevent them from becoming farms.
Inactive planets aren't as inactive as you make them out to be. They do log in occasionally and build ships/init roids. Constant exiles is one of the problems that newbie players already face, I wouldn't want to make it worse than it already is.

#strategy
Unread 1 May 2013, 03:25   #5
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

What if we had random gals of 25, and no exiles.
And we could allow ingal attacking

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2013, 18:40   #6
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

What if the result of being roided many days in one week triggered an feature for some ticks that would allow the planet to iniciate exploding roids?
Unread 2 May 2013, 22:10   #7
abaladjay

abaladjay is on a distinguished road

Lets have a death roid that eliminates all attacker(S) ships if stolen AND/Or resets the attacker(s) 100 ticks of progress
and/or resets the attacked planet to tick 1 status if they activate the suicide roid this created a mutually assured destruction scenario
abaladjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2013, 01:34   #8
tokath
semi-retired

tokath is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd remove the "if you attack a planet that is not in a top 15 alliance" or switch it to if you're in a t10/whatever alliance your bash limit is raised to not penalize the newbies making their own ally.
tokath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2013, 09:24   #9
Motti
Just Awesome

Motti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
As the title of the thread suggests, I have a suggestion to help prevent farming and limit the bashing of newbies. The suggestion is simple: if you are in an alliance it should increase the bash limit to 60% of value AND 80% of score if you attack a planet that is not in a top 15 alliance. This would make it significantly harder to roid farm (legally or illegally) while providing some further protection for a brand new player who hasn't figured out how to join a legitimate alliance.

Well, from a late starter point of view...

I started out this round as latestarter. My only concern as late starter is staying as small as possible, preventing others from attacking me with any significant amount of ships.

This is easiest at first, because I can hide all my resources in gal fund, while my planets value mainly consist of a lot of roids.

This I will continue to do until galaxy fund is filled. And, this is where the paranoia increases, because while im stacking resources on my planet my value increases so that many more can hit me. Althou I am in a good galaxy which protects me, I am open for small/medium planets hitting me if their alliance raids my gal.

With this proposed change you are simply allowing me to continue a good while longer with safely stocking resources.

This change really helps me to stay relatively safe for a longer period of time, as this will increase the period where only smaller/unallied planets can hit me, which often is very easy to defend against.

As a sidenote, this is just increasing the incentive to stay out of a tag for as long as possible.

I see the good intentions in your suggestion, but from my point of view I only see the possibility to extend the relatively safe period you have as late starter even further, making me able to stack even more resources before anyone with any significance could attack me.
Motti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2013, 15:41   #10
Monroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motti View Post
Well, from a late starter point of view...
making me able to stack even more resources before anyone with any significance could attack me.
While everything you say is definitely worth noting as you point out you have to stay out of tag, which has it's own downsides. Yes it may allow someone to hide a bit longer, but I don't see late starter abuses as a serious problem in the game, whereas I do see newbie bashing as a constant theme that needs to be addressed.

So yes while late starters would be able to take advantage of this, I think the positive side for newbies would make this idea still worth trying.

#strategy
Unread 14 May 2013, 16:00   #11
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

nice idea Monroe , anything that discourages bottom feeding is a good idea , however the vocal few are sure to scream this down as unfortunately they only think in terms of their own planet and playing style and refuse to look st the bigger picture

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2013, 16:08   #12
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Define newbie bashing....
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2013, 17:14   #13
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

nice idea but too easy to abuse. just stay out of tag etc.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2013, 02:43   #14
Monroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
nice idea but too easy to abuse. just stay out of tag etc.
I'm really not sure how it's abusable anymore than the system is now. Yes some of the bigger planets wouldn't be able to hit you if you stay out of tag, but all alliances have some smaller planets that can still hit you. It isn't like this lowers the bash limit at all when out of tag, just makes it harder when you're in a tag.

#strategy
Unread 15 May 2013, 04:36   #15
Abort
Dumb Yankee

Abort has a little shameless behaviour in the past

how about we all sleep through the night and try a little less hard. maybe new players will come in waves?
Unread 15 May 2013, 09:31   #16
Motti
Just Awesome

Motti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
While everything you say is definitely worth noting as you point out you have to stay out of tag, which has it's own downsides. Yes it may allow someone to hide a bit longer, but I don't see late starter abuses as a serious problem in the game, whereas I do see newbie bashing as a constant theme that needs to be addressed.

So yes while late starters would be able to take advantage of this, I think the positive side for newbies would make this idea still worth trying.
Staying out of tag has relatively few downsides if you are in a good gal.

If the proposed change were to happend, even less of the planets in an alliance would be able to hit me. That would make it even easier to stay out of tag.

Any random incs from a smaller planet is almost 10/10 times easy to stop with a ingal fleet.
Motti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2013, 11:16   #17
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

And reduce the smal amount of targets available late game?!
There were people in top 100 I couldnt hit last round. Can we stop reducing amount of targets lategame? Thanks.
I ve never been a fan of nubs being able to hit me, while I cant hit them back. I m being penalised for them being shit and crashing.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2013, 11:36   #18
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Don't NAP quite so many alliances next time.

P.S. I don't think this is a particularly good idea. Too many easy loop holes.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 15 May 2013 at 14:09.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2013, 12:24   #19
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Don't NAP quite so many alliances next time.
hehe, I had a "nap" with apprime for 10 days, and one with tgv for 5?

When I mean planets I couldnt hit, I mean I COULDNT, cause of bash limit.

And its sort of frustrating to be lolwaved by 25 nubs u cant hit back. There really is no such thing as nubbashing in pa anymore. All have played for years, so why do we have a limit on who we can hit?

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2013, 13:23   #20
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Suggestion: remove the bash limit, decrease more the cap as a function of targets value / attackers's averagevalue and apply penalties in XP(decrease) for those hitting planets with values below that average.