User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 9 May 2011, 14:36   #101
Firebird

Re: Omega has fallen the end of the world is here....

Nah cos we will drop roids ofc so wont win anyways!
Unread 9 May 2011, 18:04   #102
Nitz

Nitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Nah cos we will drop roids ofc so wont win anyways!
I will have to disagree with you on this one Firebird. You will have to drop dramatically more roids than what you have the last few days to stop outgrowing CT. You have more roids on each scoring planet and each apprime planet seems to have well over 100 mines (haven't scanned all but the ones I have seem to have the highest numbers I have seen anyone build in any round)

Even with the roid losses over the last few days you have consistently outgrown CT every day as you still have the roid advantage and your large mine count will carry you through.

IMO congrats apprime
Unread 9 May 2011, 18:27   #103
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

****ing disgraceful.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2011, 22:39   #104
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Nice, Well done CT for you're great round win!!
It's not really deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Strider View Post
Congratulations Apprime on your win, it came as a complete shock to the entire community. But you deserved it because once again you played politics the best. I hope this win fuels your ego's a little bit more.
I'm sure the novelty has worn off.

Last edited by Clouds; 9 May 2011 at 22:55.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2011, 23:29   #105
Harleyquinn

Harleyquinn is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
This laundry not dry yet?
It would seem to me that a lot of people are upset about what happened with omega. It's understandable as there was time and effort put into building the alliance for it to end this way. However flaming the living shit out of each other probably isn't helping you sleep better at night...
Are you sure, flaming the living shit out of someone usually helps me sleep real good :P On a serious note though, even though i've been idle all round with access only on my phone, when I did get online Omega lacked one or two things that NFI had. Firstly the atmosphere, it was never alive like in NFI, people came in groups of friends and left in groups of friends. Secondly the HC team in NFI was an awesome combination of experienced HC's who knew what to expect and how to get the best out of people. Kenny did the Politics and someone else did the encouraging speaches. The failure really can't be placed at Kenny's door for Omega, he has plenty of other things that can, but not the alliance, everyone had a hand in that. Personal slights lead to people either leaving or not coming online so once infighting begins its kinda over
Harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2011, 04:53   #106
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Then what separates Omega from alliances like Apprime (Cardi is hardly a people person) and CT (if only for their longevity)?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 10 May 2011, 06:24   #107
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Then what separates Omega from alliances like Apprime (Cardi is hardly a people person) and CT (if only for their longevity)?
Actually i dissagree, Cardi build up such a rep, people will follow him anywhere. and farker has his own way of motivating people, wich currently gets the job done better then any other hc in PA.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2011, 07:02   #108
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitz View Post
each apprime planet seems to have well over 100 mines (haven't scanned all but the ones I have seem to have the highest numbers I have seen anyone build in any round)
in all honesty if you dont have about 100 refinerys at this point in the game just go to preferences and click the delete button

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2011, 08:15   #109
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
in all honesty if you dont have about 100 refinerys at this point in the game just go to preferences and click the delete button
that would take the PA community down to 120 players, letīs hope that happens
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2011, 08:31   #110
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Omega just didn't function as a unit. due to command and alliance set up and some folk not being natural team players.
Unread 11 May 2011, 07:26   #111
Harleyquinn

Harleyquinn is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post
Actually i dissagree, Cardi build up such a rep, people will follow him anywhere. and farker has his own way of motivating people, wich currently gets the job done better then any other hc in PA.

carDi is a bit awesome to play for if your gonna be active, can take abusive banter etc etc etc
Harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2011, 10:19   #112
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

And there was me thinking the only requirement to join apprime was a willingness to sacrifice your own planet so cardi's gal wins

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2011, 11:32   #113
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyquinn View Post
carDi is a bit awesome to play for if your gonna be active, can take abusive banter etc etc etc
ppl that take things personal on irc should not be allowed on the internetz

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2011, 12:16   #114
nolezy
Class Clown

nolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Omega just didn't function as a unit. due to command and alliance set up and some folk not being natural team players.
You are seriously thick.

Round 13 - Angels - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 21
Round 16 - Ascendancy - when im gd im not gd of when im bad i suck - Rank 56
Round 28 - Ascendancy - The Olympic Glory of Michael Phelps - Rank 21
Round 38 - [NFI] - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 30
Round 39 - Imperia - Purdue of Boilermakers - Rank 59
Round 40 - xVx - An Shi Rebellion of the Tang Dynasty - Rank 2

I'll always give you a hand.
nolezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2011, 12:22   #115
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolezy View Post
You are seriously thick.
Shame on you for responding, to be honest. The best part of being superior to idiots is not having to point it out for it to be true.
Unread 11 May 2011, 14:00   #116
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
You are seriously thick.
Care to explain?

I was expecting a response from yourself to the below...
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...0&postcount=20
Unread 11 May 2011, 14:08   #117
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was expecting a response from yourself to the below...
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...0&postcount=20
Let me help you with that.
Unread 11 May 2011, 14:17   #118
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
It's not really deserved.
There are many good examples in life where the ends don't justify the means, but in the case of this game the ends ALWAYS justify the means.
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2011, 14:32   #119
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
Whilst we are on the subject of books to read.

Controlling a bad temper

How to get a group of people to wage war effectively

How to delegate tasks to subordinates
Unread 11 May 2011, 15:27   #120
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Congratulations on resorting to clichés and unoriginal wit. You realise this was almost the amazon equivalent of "I know you are, but what am I", right?

The fact that you feel like you're in any kind of position to criticise shows a distinct lack of awareness of your own inadequacies. Not only did I have to teach you how to compile a bcalc this round, but your John Virgo-esque Add-As-Many-Fleets-As-You-Can approach to DC'ing was laughable.

You may not be aware (as I hadn't yet had the heart to break the news) but one of the reason people were reluctant to offer you fleets is that you simply couldn't be trusted not to crash them.

The fact that you think a def-point system was the answer to all our problems shows what a poor understanding of PA you have. I was HC'ing since PT 0 and despite not having an awful lot of success in politics, I was still keeping the alliance together. You were promoted to HC because tim and I couldn't be bothered arguing with you any more. You started bitching at people and preaching 'best practices' and within an hour the first of many people quit the alliance (Dizzy). Then another. Within 4 days of your "promotion", we'd lost 25 people. Your attitude was worse than mine, as it was excessively condescending. Sure, I'd bitch at people for being shit or when they'd done something wrong - but your matter-of-fact crap pissed people off. Criticizing our late starters for low 'def points' was hysterical, too. If you want to drag other people in to this and start comparing pm's, we can do. That should probably be kept to pm though, don't you think?

There is no doubt in my mind that you were the straw the broke the (Omega) camels back.
Unread 11 May 2011, 16:05   #121
timpayne

timpayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Omega has fallen the end of the world is here....

Wow, nice read.

I am not even going to begin to put together a reply to half of this. I am just going to bullet my reasons for the alliance failing.

1, We just didn't show up. On paper we had a great team but it just didn't work out in the game. Previous top 5 players completely noobing it, players that are usually up all night DCing never turned up. I recently compared Omega to the film Oceans 12 great cast but just an awful watch.

2, Command was inactive. Only me and Kenny where active and I was only active because no one else was! I was originally only going to help put the alliance together and then take a back seat.

3, We had no friends. Being a one-hit-wonder we had no relations we could rely on. I tried really hard to put things together but had little success. I was able to get a NAP with ND but nothing more and I think if ND had joined the block as we suggested we all would have been better off. This obviously didnt happen and we all failed. If Williams had not been in charge of politics and DZ had been I think things would have been a lot different. By the way Williams, what was this "Masterplan?" As it seems you guys just ended up sucking

4, App didn't want us to win. We had enemies before we even started and Apprime's influence on this game should never be under-estimated. They are able to strike fear into most of the HC's in this game in order to stop them from hitting apprime. Hats off to cardi.

Those 4 points are the reason Omega failed. Everything else is just a symptom of one of those points e.g. members falling out with each other.

I also would like to say I think Clouds did a decent job in the end. At least he did try.

timp@yne of the House of P@yne - 8th round 2
timpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2011, 17:01   #122
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Congratulations on resorting to clichés and unoriginal wit. You realise this was almost the amazon equivalent of "I know you are, but what am I", right?
I wasn't trying to be funny ... if anything if you are serious in ever running an alliance again please read those books.

Quote:
The fact that you feel like you're in any kind of position to criticise shows a distinct lack of awareness of your own inadequacies.
[15:25] <@t3k> Right
[15:25] <@t3k> new rule paisley
[15:26] <@t3k> Assume at all times that either myself or one of the other people HC'ing have already thought of absolutely everything.

I have never been that over confident

Quote:
Not only did I have to teach you how to compile a bcalc this round, but your John Virgo-esque Add-As-Many-Fleets-As-You-Can approach to DC'ing was laughable.
Quote:
You may not be aware (as I hadn't yet had the heart to break the news) but one of the reason people were reluctant to offer you fleets is that you simply couldn't be trusted not to crash them.
You're full of shit.

I seem to recall having to explain how a def call of yours was covered

[05:21] <t3k> How does lord cover me, just with my beetles?
[05:21] <t3k> are you serious?
[05:21] <[dc]pais> aye pod emp
[05:21] <[dc]pais> http://game.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=47rwdn93mxp4k80
[05:21] <[dc]pais> keep your beetles home and youre sorted
[05:21] <t3k> what a ****ing loser attacker
[05:21] <[dc]pais> think he was hopeful in having fast eta etc
[05:23] <t3k> Sent fake to darts
[05:23] <[dc]pais> cheers

More effient way to cover the inc rather than trying to break the attackers beetles emp.

Infact Ive got a Testimonal that disagrees with you ... shock horror
http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki/index.php/Subh
Refer to r15

Quote:
The fact that you think a def-point system was the answer to all our problems shows what a poor understanding of PA you have. I was HC'ing since PT 0 and despite not having an awful lot of success in politics, I was still keeping the alliance together.
Def points is a means to communicate to the members what is expected of them to receive defence I.E set down an expectation/goal/standard of them (If you read the 1 minute manager it will make sense)

Quote:
You were promoted to HC because tim and I couldn't be bothered arguing with you any more. You started bitching at people and preaching 'best practices' and within an hour the first of many people quit the alliance (Dizzy). Then another. Within 4 days of your "promotion", we'd lost 25 people.
The Shipjumping was well under way before I accepted the HC position.
again as I said in a previous post ... too little too late.

Quote:
Your attitude was worse than mine,
as it was excessively condescending. Sure, I'd bitch at people for being shit or when they'd done something wrong - but your matter-of-fact crap pissed people off.
[19:22] <+Dealer> [16:08] <Dealer> If I've stepped out of line or done something wrong then **** it, we'll chat later
[19:22] <+Dealer> [16:08] <Dealer> i gtg
[19:22] <+Dealer> [16:08] <Dealer> bbl
[19:22] <+Dealer> [16:09] <Kenny> Yeah
[19:22] <+Dealer> [16:10] <Kenny> You stepped all over my toes
[19:22] <+Dealer> [16:10] <Kenny> Politics is my thing
[19:22] <+Dealer> [16:10] <Kenny> a temp nap is ****ing useless
[19:22] <+Dealer> [16:10] <Kenny> they give us three days to bash our heads against the wall with app
[19:22] <+Dealer> [16:10] <Kenny> ct grow fat for 3 days
[19:22] <+Dealer> [16:10] <Kenny> so when they and app start hitting us again 3 days later
[19:22] <+Dealer> [16:11] <Kenny> they'll have an even bigger advantage than pre-nap
[19:22] <+Dealer> [16:11] <Kenny> stay the **** away from politics
[19:22] <+Dealer> [16:11] <Kenny> I take 1 night off to spend time with family and you take it upon yourself to shit over everything I've been trying to accomplish
[19:22] <+Dealer> [16:11] <Kenny> you know **** all about the conversations I've had with gm or anyone else
[19:22] <+Dealer> [16:12] <Kenny> You're never here enough to be up to date with anything
[19:22] <+Dealer> [16:12] <Kenny> And then you turn around "oh, kenny's done **** all, I'll take it upon myself to speak to CT"
[19:22] <+Dealer> [16:12] <Kenny> **** you man
[19:22] <Mek> wow
[19:23] <Mek> thats a pretty epic tirade

Let me know if I did anything worse than that?
I think the worse I've resorted to was "get the finger out" and having a go at draki for sending less than 15 defence fleets all round.... no wonder.

Shall we do a poll to the ex omega members?
Did you leave omega due to

A) kenny
B) Paisley

Quote:
Criticizing our late starters for low 'def points' was hysterical, too. If you want to drag other people in to this and start comparing pm's, we can do. That should probably be kept to pm though, don't you think?
depends how far you want to go I guess.

Quote:
There is no doubt in my mind that you were the straw the broke the (Omega) camels back.
Some would say the back was already broken.
Unread 11 May 2011, 17:18   #123
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

So, Kenny promotes Paisley to HC cause Omega were being pwned. Then he claims Omega failed cause Paisley ( which was promoted by Kenny ) got promoted?
Stop blaming everyone else ffs. I know all about how it is to fail (#r30), but take it as a man and stop blaming people which YOU promoted, cause in the end thats YOUR decission aswell.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2011, 17:25   #124
timpayne

timpayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
So, Kenny promotes Paisley to HC cause Omega were being pwned. Then he claims Omega failed cause Paisley ( which was promoted by Kenny ) got promoted?
Stop blaming everyone else ffs. I know all about how it is to fail (#r30), but take it as a man and stop blaming people which YOU promoted, cause in the end thats YOUR decission aswell.

IMHO Paisley had NOTHING to do with the failure of Omega and was more of a positive than a negative.

See points above.

timp@yne of the House of P@yne - 8th round 2
timpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2011, 17:30   #125
Mikee
Furious Angel

Mikee is on a distinguished road

errrr ill put your mind at ease kenny, if there was ever a dc i was not worried about crashing my fleet this round in lolmega it was paisley pure and simple as that..........................
Mikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2011, 18:40   #126
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd probably vote against paisley and in favour of kenny in this internet bitchfest but almost entirely because paisley's inane scottish colloquialisms annoy me so much
Unread 11 May 2011, 19:02   #127
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

At least you're not burning any bridges hey Kenny. All I can say is whenever I've played with Paisley he's been great..
Unread 11 May 2011, 19:21   #128
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Agree from what I've seen of Paisley. Usually also has smart points when I've talked to him. Kenny then again, all I saw was a braggin muppet who took credit for other's awesome work in NFI. No leadership skills either, the basics ain't there. Also seen him blame others and still can't admit it even if it was obvious.

Oh, and one reason for Omega loose is Kenny having burned bridges.
Unread 11 May 2011, 19:28   #129
Xyphistor
Railway Line Champion, Word Up Champion

Xyphistor is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn timpayne for linking me to this, just spent an hour reading it Ž_Ž

Can't really be arsed to talk about most of it tbh, but I might make a few comments...

1) Kenny: He's admitted fault where the blame was his, he put a lot of effort in and is understandably pissed off that a) it failed and b) that fact is not acknowledged... My only criticism of Kenny is that he never really communicated to the rest of us how much work he was doing or any results/outcomes from it...

2) Clouds: Good that he stepped up and helped, but to leave the way he did is unforgivable... EOD

3) Paisley: In the past I've generally had a low opinion of him from reading forum posts, and for much of this round he proved me wrong... Ž_Ž
Granted he's certainly not the best DC around, but top marks for effort, he put a shitload of work and time into omega and that rightly deserves praise.

4) Omega: Omega failed because most of the members went into it expecting an easy ride, and weren't willing/able to put in the effort required when we started getting massively shafted... EVERYONE could have done better, but sometimes shit happens.
Notice I'm not absolving myself of blame, I know I could have worked much harder (cba to make my excuses though)... But I do feel OK knowing I did a lot more than a lot of others...

5) Nolez: Most mature forum posts I've ever seen from him in this thread, I was shocked

Observe that I've written all this using 'he' instead of 'you', in order to ensure it can't be taken as a personal attack...
So feel free not to respond, as a) I'm not expecting a response and b) I almost certainly won't bother reading this thread again...
Xyphistor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2011, 19:55   #130
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

Omega failed because we all sucked ass, every single one of us.
Unread 11 May 2011, 20:10   #131
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

idd Omega suck, all of them except for Razer and Xyphistor
Unread 11 May 2011, 20:14   #132
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Basicly you need a PR to become a winning alliance.
Unread 12 May 2011, 07:55   #133
jelle
LCH

Yeah, later today we will have a vote if we wanna loan you cain0r for a round!

Unread 12 May 2011, 08:32   #134
VampiriA
Retired

VampiriA is on a distinguished road

after popular request for my return to pa... i am here to add my wisdom to the forums

HELLO

Apprime supreme hc, above MaxMilliaN
VampiriA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2011, 11:00   #135
RaZeR

RaZeR is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
idd Omega suck, all of them except for Razer and Xyphistor
Fact
RaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2011, 22:55   #136
nolezy
Class Clown

nolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyphistor View Post
sic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Strider View Post
sic
Those two summed it up pretty well. No point in everyone pointing fingers. We all sucked (myself included, thanks for the shout-out timpayne). Get over it.

Unread 15 May 2011, 08:53   #137
Mzyxptlk
mz.

"Everyone's to blame" is as meaningless a statement as "no one's to blame".
Unread 16 May 2011, 00:07   #138
nolezy
Class Clown

Quote:
"Everyone's to blame" is as meaningless a statement as "no one's to blame".
Ah yes, and pointing fingers in a situation when the truth, whatever it may be, is completely worthless is not meaningless? We got the band together for one round, it's over. Actually...

HANG ON GUYS I'M GOING TO JUMP IN MY TIME MACHINE AND FIX OUR PROBLEMS! DCs AND MORE POLITICAL PARTNERS! OKAY! BACK TO ROUND START I GOOOOOOOOOO!!

Unread 16 May 2011, 00:43   #139
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Ah yes, and pointing fingers in a situation when the truth, whatever it may be, is completely worthless is not meaningless? We got the band together for one round, it's over. Actually...

HANG ON GUYS I'M GOING TO JUMP IN MY TIME MACHINE AND FIX OUR PROBLEMS! DCs AND MORE POLITICAL PARTNERS! OKAY! BACK TO ROUND START I GOOOOOOOOOO!!
Can you add 2000 more players too please?
Unread 16 May 2011, 02:34   #140
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

tbh conclusion of the round is, compared to APP every alliance is fail, hell they are to ****ing embarrassed to win this round, so they kick out members.

Finally retired
Unread 16 May 2011, 14:33   #141
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

CT gonna credit themselves for this win? Sure a win is a win, but I dunno how much when someone hands it directly to you like Apprime have this round.
Unread 16 May 2011, 16:45   #142
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Playing good politics is part of winning.
Edit: I doubt they will only credit themselfs though if they win.

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2011, 05:08   #143
HeimdallR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly View Post
CT gonna credit themselves for this win? Sure a win is a win, but I dunno how much when someone hands it directly to you like Apprime have this round.
nah mate, can't put it like that, they won fair and square, and a win for them has been long overdue. allthough they deserved it more last round

Finally retired
Unread 19 May 2011, 06:32   #144
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Arguably the most throwaway win since r31
Unread 19 May 2011, 09:09   #145
Buly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitros View Post
Playing good politics is part of winning.
Edit: I doubt they will only credit themselfs though if they win.
I wonder what bitching ND would've gotten for similar politics.
Unread 19 May 2011, 09:10   #146
Buly

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post
nah mate, can't put it like that, they won fair and square, and a win for them has been long overdue. allthough they deserved it more last round
lol
Unread 19 May 2011, 11:33   #147
jelle
LCH

Quote:
ND would have fked it up in the end anyway so dosent matter.

Unread 19 May 2011, 14:19   #148
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Without being too involved, I got the feeling CT actually went to war on several alliances and didnt fence. Therefor I also think you can't really compare.

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2011, 15:07   #149
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitros View Post
Without being too involved, I got the feeling CT actually went to war on several alliances and didnt fence. Therefor I also think you can't really compare.
they went to war with omega with a severe advantage in numbers. then had avoidances/naps with pretty much all major allies except ND, whom they ransacked with 4 allies while having their other 'naps/avoidances' try to war their only real opponent after omega's collapse. Then when xVx got tired of not landing on apprime they had a short roidswap with xVx while convincing ND to attack apprime.

Basicly they made sure they never had more than 1 alliance targetting them at a time(apart from 3 or 4 nights when xvx/nd tried them while omega was involved with apprime). All this without targetting apprime themselves. In the end only winning at the mercy of apprime and their midround scorehiding and endround emokicking.

I have to agree with buly here, if ND had won a rd after playing their politics like that they would've been target of a load of shitbuckets.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2011, 16:47   #150
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
they went to war with omega with a severe advantage in numbers. then had avoidances/naps with pretty much all major allies except ND, whom they ransacked with 4 allies while having their other 'naps/avoidances' try to war their only real opponent after omega's collapse. Then when xVx got tired of not landing on apprime they had a short roidswap with xVx while convincing ND to attack apprime.

Basicly they made sure they never had more than 1 alliance targetting them at a time(apart from 3 or 4 nights when xvx/nd tried them while omega was involved with apprime). All this without targetting apprime themselves. In the end only winning at the mercy of apprime and their midround scorehiding and endround emokicking.

I have to agree with buly here, if ND had won a rd after playing their politics like that they would've been target of a load of shitbuckets.
I wouldn't say CT's numerical advantage was 'severe'. It was only App that were consistently helping CT and that'd put numbers at less than 50% greater than ours, and we had the more experienced players (compared to CT).

I don't see how anyone can accuse them of fencing when they were constantly warring their #1 competitor, as it simply wasn't true. Manouvering politics to allow you the freedom to concentrate war efforts isn't fencing, it's just politics.

Besides, [DDK]gm's told me that if CT win, he's going to send me an Inverness Caledonian Thistle F.C. football strip to annoy me over the fact that those bastards cost Celtic the SPL this year. We'll see if he makes good on that