User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 10 Jun 2010, 13:41   #51
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: politics this round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
So, i may be reading too much into it but i'd be surprised if Asc wasnt ready to block with Apprime to help them stop Evo and Osiris gaining too much of a lead (where the fight for #1 would become between 2 alliances).
We're ready to work with anyone to stop anything depending on the day of the week it is. Not that I quite understand why you phrased your post as a reply to mine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venox
And no JBG, I didn't say you NEED 3 allies to roid evo, but well, you guys seem to think you do, even though score wise we ARE so close.
I don't know what you mean by 'we think we do'. Obviously even one alliance will severely slow down the growth of another via ptargeting. It's just that the current scenario is easier. And people like easy things.

Quote:
Like I said, 1 on 1 fights with similar scores involved, would be nice and show the real strength of allies this round but no one, except Osiris, it seems, is capable of taking a fight to any one alliance by themselves and I applaud them for it.
Sadly that has a lot more to do with the strategy that their opponents picked as opposed to anything they're doing.
Unread 10 Jun 2010, 14:42   #52
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
And people like easy things.
DO I EVEN NEED TO SAY ANYTHING.

Also, VenoX in another "we are best, why is everyone attacking us" whine post non-shocker.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2010, 14:49   #53
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I think he is still in denial.
Unread 10 Jun 2010, 14:54   #54
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
I think he is still in denial.
That just never gets old, does it.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2010, 15:42   #55
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
Also, VenoX in another "we are best, why is everyone attacking us" whine post non-shocker.
Actually, I'll be the first to admit we're far from "the best" this round and being on top atm is 100% unexpected, unplanned for and unexplainable, I and probably everyone else in PA, still believe Osiris/Apprime to be favourites to win regardless of current ranks.

Also believe I didn't ask why anyone was attacking us.. I said in my first post that we're fat and worth roiding and you don't need to use the completely fabricated excuse that we're blocked with Osiris to justify it. Oh right, but you didn't read that, you were just trolling like every other mindless ascendancy retard, shame, I thought you were better than that Linkie.
Unread 10 Jun 2010, 15:53   #56
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
DO I EVEN NEED TO SAY ANYTHING.
Preferably not

Quote:
Also, Linkie in another "I add nothing to the topic but I'm e-cool lolz" post non-shocker.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2010, 16:43   #57
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlaTa View Post
NewDawn landings don't count as crashes.
Hehe.

Quote:
Sadly that has a lot more to do with the strategy that their opponents picked as opposed to anything they're doing.
Tbh, Osiris havent done much to avoid this war either, rather the opposite. We're quite happy to wrestle apprime, eventho they seem to get more and more into warmode. Hopefully it wont last the entire round, but if it does, then i guess both sides gets all the frustration out. Maybe Apprime and Osiris will block again for next round?

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2010, 18:10   #58
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
I thought you were better than that Linkie.
really?

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2010, 18:25   #59
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
Tbh, Osiris havent done much to avoid this war either, rather the opposite. We're quite happy to wrestle apprime, eventho they seem to get more and more into warmode. Hopefully it wont last the entire round, but if it does, then i guess both sides gets all the frustration out. Maybe Apprime and Osiris will block again for next round?
Oh, I didn't mean you were avoiding the war. I meant that the reason you were having success, apparently 1 on 1, is because of apprime's fortress galaxies (their "strategy").
Unread 11 Jun 2010, 06:09   #60
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
LordN crashed on me
crash.. It was calculated crash, I needed the roids at that point of game and they paid themselfs back already as we all know.

Venox, I'm just saying your foolish if you think you can fight 1vs1 fights against anyone but apprime due to their fort strategy this round, your free to try but I'm not into foolishness like that as I got way more experience in pa.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2010, 08:06   #61
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNieminen View Post
Venox, I'm just saying your foolish if you think you can fight 1vs1 fights against anyone but apprime due to their fort strategy this round, your free to try but I'm not into foolishness like that as I got way more experience in pa.
or its not due to your experience, just you read JBG's post above

on another note, Asc is now #1 avg size but 5th avg score, they're getting fat!
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Last edited by Light; 11 Jun 2010 at 08:17.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2010, 08:23   #62
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post
battle report pls
Quote:
crash.. It was calculated crash, I needed the roids at that point of game and they paid themselfs back already as we all know.
I tryed but someone deleted my post with it :S
Unread 11 Jun 2010, 08:48   #63
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

He crashed 77k value to cap 94 roids.

Which paid back in 7-8days It was also the majority of his attack fleet, no way was it calculated.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 11 Jun 2010, 09:17   #64
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I tryed but someone deleted my post with it :S
I did that, because it was a brep with coords in it. The general rule is that publicizing coords on the forums is not allowed, unless they play a significant part in the politics of the round. As interesting as someone losing 75k value for 100 roids is, it's hardly something that will change the outcome of the round.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 11 Jun 2010, 10:36   #65
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

i didnt know that, sry
Unread 11 Jun 2010, 13:05   #66
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
as I got way more experience in pa.
Yes we can see from your newbish signatue that you played rounds 1 to 10. Congrats on that, but what exactly have you done in the past 15 rounds, cos while you've been sitting around making arrogant claims on the forums, inflating your own sense of self importance when you're irrelevant and not doing a thing besides trying to rank whore in a couple of alliances, I've HC'd 3 different top 3 alliances in 5 of the 6 rounds I have tried.

My 1 vs 1 comment was simply idealistic if not realistic as obviously in PA, it would and could never happen.
Unread 11 Jun 2010, 13:38   #67
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
I'll post my creds, you post yours, and the lesser one gets the **** off the forums, ok?

Starting with strategy, stats and game mechanics and what I've done for this game and others like it, since this is what I'm best known for:
-I'm one of the original PA Strategy Forum junkies, in fact the last one left afaik, after such names as Tacticus, UltimateNewbie(Sovereign), Kileman and at0mic_c0w have all left us.
-I was part of the forum team for UW. Strategy mostly. I used to be a nice, helpful guy back then.
-I was Strategy forum moderator, General moderator and finally Deputy Forum Admin for PIA. PIA Strategy forums turned me the surly bastard everyone knows today, mainly after having to answer the same questions for the n:th time.
-I was part of the PIA Admin team responsible for stats, game mechanics and future development. I wrote arguably the most balanced set of stats that PIA ever had.
-After leaving PIA me and Titus (ex-Fury, ex-Dragons HC) started work on a PA-clone called Kombat, the first to have such planned features as integrated bcalc and links to scan database for easier sharing of scans. It was also the first to start removing some redundancies from the stats, and in general served as a vehicle for me to try and put into practice several of the policies I'd been advocating for several years. Sadly due to our very different working schedules this project was never completed, however PA later started implementing many of the same ideas that I'd popularized while part of the PIA community/worked on with Kombat.
-I created the winning submission for the PaX marketing campaign that was to be used for UK PC Gamer! Sadly, Jolt went behind PA-Teams back and never used it :P
-I've written 2 sets of stats for Planetarion together with JBG, rnd26 and 27 I think, arguably some of the most balanced in PA's history. I also on occasion offer my input when Appoco/Monroe/JBG have something they're working on.

I'll tackle Military/Politics together since there's some overlap here:
-Started out running a small speedgaming group called Outbreak together with H_Bozz over at UW. OuB was one of the more successful alliances in early UW history, before the game was shut down for the first time.
-Invited by H_Bozz into what became known as TreKronor, one of the more famous speegaming collectives/recurring galaxies. Especially well known for our work as spearhead for Dragons in ********.
-I acted as a advisor to LordN during his time as Dragons Military HC and later worked with Tuhoaja and Titus when they were in charge of Dragons.
-Me and dezaster did much of the propaganda work for Dragons in PIA, especially under LordN.
-Served a brief stint as Military HC for Dragons while Titus was supposed to handle politics and general organization, however that was a bit of an fiasco due to Titus disappearing before the round.
-Served a brief stint as military advisor to Elysium.
-Ran BG's for Dragons, Elysium and Angels (that I can think of atm).
-Currently advisor/BC for ND.
-Been part of influencing the politics behind the scenes for various rounds/alliances.
-Arranged two OLMEET's for the members of Olmit/TreKronor ^^

As a player I'm not terribly obsessed with ranks, my most active times were with TreKronor and TK worked on a principle of trying to keep everyone fairly equal in ranks, which meant consistent top50 planets and a consistent competitor for rank1 galaxy.
My more recent rounds I've played in PA I've played with Asc:
-rnd25 I was 2nd biggest player in Asc and finished 28th (spent most of round in top10, jer overtook me the very last day to finish 26th). Gal was 3rd, top Asc gal.
-rnd26 I started out in NoX, horrible mistake. After some rather ugly moves by DeNoX me and LordN jumped to Asc and I finished the round 79th. Gal was 7th.
-rnd28, Asc, rank 24, gal 2nd.
-rnd30, Asc, spent my round effectively managing daku/lilboi/toot/safe planets, lilboi ending 33rd, toot pissed away his top100 planet at the end iirc. Gal was 6th.

Something like that. I've got a string of top50 planets in PIA, best rank was top20 something iirc, but I flew that planet into smdio last day in order to prevent him from winning the round (he'd been effectively VNC'd by his galmates all round, didn't deserve the win).

So, what's your story?
May i point out:

Quote:
-I acted as a advisor to LordN during his time as Dragons Military HC and later worked with Tuhoaja and Titus when they were in charge of Dragons.
-Me and dezaster did much of the propaganda work for Dragons in PIA, especially under LordN.
I suppose this brings you a bit closer to what LordN's experience is, venox. His best friend and advisor Sun_Tzu seems to be experienced plenty for both though!
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2010, 13:46   #68
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
We're ready to work with anyone to stop anything depending on the day of the week it is.
and for the next week, its 'not get involved and get fat while everyone else fights it out', then you'll just join up with apprime Pretty clear to see where the politics are heading.
Unread 11 Jun 2010, 14:28   #69
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
and for the next week, its 'not get involved and get fat while everyone else fights it out'
This morning I see the top 5 allies +12k roids, while Subh, ODDR, HR, ASS, and DLR are significantly in the red. Thanks asc for not "getting involved" and "fighting it out" with all the small tags like "everyone else".
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2010, 15:08   #70
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

You're welcome.

Quote:
and for the next week, its 'not get involved and get fat while everyone else fights it out', then you'll just join up with apprime Pretty clear to see where the politics are heading.
Evolution growth: 6.5% size/5.2% score - #2 in size (third biggest tag);
Osiris growth: 2.8% size/5% score - #1 in size (second biggest tag);
Apprime growth: 7.1% size/6.2% score - #4 in size (4th biggest tag);
NewDawn growth: 5% in size/5.8% score - #3 size (biggest tag);
eXiIition growth: 5.6 in size/5.7% score - #5 size (smallest tag).

I don't see anyone fighting it out really. All I see is Osiris being somewhat targetted (obviously nothing serious since it still grows and is able to roid lowbie alliances), while still being the fatest target out there. It looks like the top 5 alliances are just roid racing on the expense of the lower tags. The only real battle taking place is in the incoming screens of SubH/HR/ODDR/ASS/DLR.

Last edited by ricoshay; 11 Jun 2010 at 15:56.
ricoshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2010, 18:10   #71
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Who do you think Osiris was hitting lastnight to grow the least?

Please stop the propoganda, Last night Osiris on there official raid (i cant say 100% that someone randomly didnt) did not hit one Sub, HR, ODDR, ASS, or DLR planet.

and from which alliances, has BlueArmy got his roids from?
Unread 11 Jun 2010, 18:38   #72
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

He participated on the raid set up by our most esteemed BC.
Unread 11 Jun 2010, 18:45   #73
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

Hey! Nub-bashing is a religion for us, so wherever BA got roids from it's totally cool unless he crashes!

Oh, and consider your low growth + the fact that no other top5 alliance decreased... I would say that no matter where you were hitting it was a fail. Unless it was @DLR, in which case you were pretty awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
He participated on the raid set up by our most nub BC.
Fixed that for you.
Unread 11 Jun 2010, 18:52   #74
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
This morning I see the top 5 allies +12k roids, while Subh, ODDR, HR, ASS, and DLR are significantly in the red. Thanks asc for not "getting involved" and "fighting it out" with all the small tags like "everyone else".
As far as ODDR goes, i would be looking more at nd hitting us last night and not asc.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2010, 19:53   #75
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Last night he roided a ct planet, afaik.
But on other nights i initiate roids for him.
Unread 11 Jun 2010, 20:24   #76
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:

Mostly Osiris and Evo, but I fail to see what this has to do with anything. You can get this info from a simple news scan anyway.

I can also confirm that Asc is fat.

As for the smaller alliances being in minus, well... you had all grown fat due to the top alliances fighting it out between eachother. Yesterday they took a breather to stock up on roids again, except Osiris who kept hitting apprime.. (thus a smaller roidgain)

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2010, 23:02   #77
Scott

Scott is a jewel in the roughScott is a jewel in the roughScott is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
As for the smaller alliances being in minus, well... you had all grown fat due to the top alliances fighting it out between eachother. Yesterday they took a breather to stock up on roids again, except Osiris who kept hitting apprime.. (thus a smaller roidgain)
ND and Asc are fatter!

What you really mean is, you hit the lower alliances because they can't really do much back, which does make sense, especially with a war coming up where the top alliances are gonna have to pick sides. Wouldn't wanna piss someone off that could change the outcome of your round. (passive politics I think someone called it?)

Although, if you got a few of the smaller alliances together that're bored of gal raiding and cba being bashed anymore, they could certainly do some damage to an alliance...
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2010, 23:05   #78
Mzyxptlk
mz.

That was Lok, and he used negative politics, analogous to negative and positive liberty.
Unread 11 Jun 2010, 23:38   #79
Scott

Scott is a jewel in the roughScott is a jewel in the roughScott is a jewel in the rough

Was a rhetorical question
Unread 11 Jun 2010, 23:54   #80
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I'm very fond of clarification.
Unread 12 Jun 2010, 02:34   #81
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

So to clarify, Asc has been roiding the lowbie alliances.
Unread 12 Jun 2010, 05:01   #82
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Although, if you got a few of the smaller alliances together that're bored of gal raiding and cba being bashed anymore, they could certainly do some damage to an alliance...
Why would we do such a thing

Finally retired
Unread 12 Jun 2010, 06:52   #83
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
That was Lok, and he used negative politics, analogous to negative and positive liberty.
There has to be wars going on for negative politics to work and alliances that can actually take sides, otherwise you get what you have now, which is a roid race.

Situations where the top alliances gain and the bottom alliances lose don't rule out the fact that people are totally avoiding each other. It just means that no active targeting is taking place, thus the top alliances are able to hold roids, while lesser alliances usually ship roids when random targeting is taking place anyway.

Last edited by lokken; 12 Jun 2010 at 07:26.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2010, 09:22   #84
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoshay View Post
Hey! Nubhugging is a religion for us, so wherever BA got roids from it's totally cool unless he crashes!

Oh, and consider your low growth + the fact that no other top5 alliance decreased... I would say that no matter where you were hitting it was a fail. Unless it was @DLR, in which case you were pretty awesome!

Fixed that for you.

Fixed that for you!
Unread 12 Jun 2010, 09:51   #85
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

All I am saying is: Gross, can you please attack my gal again, we're getting low on salvage!
Unread 12 Jun 2010, 11:29   #86
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
ND and Asc are fatter!
WE'RE NOT FAT, WE'RE BIG BONED!

Asc is fat though, those fat cnts.
Unread 12 Jun 2010, 12:45   #87
Scott

I agree, asc is fat! With fort gals apparently not working very well this round, they're probably the easiest target to hit out of the top alliances as well!
Unread 12 Jun 2010, 12:47   #88
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
So to clarify, Asc has been roiding the lowbie alliances.
Not sure if you have even read anything in this thread if that's what you think.. Only reason Asc is fat is lack of incoming

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2010, 12:59   #89
neroon

at least we all know that ND and Apprime are sleeping together

btw Apprime, cheers for those crashes
Unread 12 Jun 2010, 13:22   #90
HeimdallR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
Not sure if you have even read anything in this thread if that's what you think.. Only reason Asc is fat is lack of incoming
Probably cause none of the other top5 considers you a threat for round win.
Wich couldn't work out better for you guys.

Finally retired
Unread 12 Jun 2010, 14:40   #91
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
at least we all know that ND and Apprime are sleeping together

btw Apprime, cheers for those crashes
Neroon rightie, I just had to recall from a target what had apprime def. Can't remember how many roids it was, but I gained that day 260 roids intotal or something..check graphs from sandman.

Venox, your 10 rounds equals maybe 2 of mine.. That's how long the old rounds where. And pax experience are for newbs anyways, the tactics and strategies are 3rd class at best mainly because playerbase is lazy and you guys never have learned the better tactics/strategies as you have no experience in them so the knowledge hasn't been moved forward.

And light, I don't need to copy anything from JGB just read my previous post in the topic before jbg posted it. We'r just almost always in same opinion as we understand how the game works.. There's only one right answer you know, not 2 or 3.

Anyways politics wise dunno how it goes, but we all know ND can't outroid other alliances as we aren't a end game alliance. Anyways let's see how it goes. There will be some blocks in the game anyways, everyone but 1-2 alliances fenced their galaxies and single targetting so it's hard to take down galaxies. Especially with the 3rd grade tactics/strategies of current pa.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2010, 15:34   #92
VenoX

Quote:
Venox, your 10 rounds equals maybe 2 of mine.. That's how long the old rounds where. And pax experience are for newbs anyways, the tactics and strategies are 3rd class at best mainly because playerbase is lazy and you guys never have learned the better tactics/strategies as you have no experience in them so the knowledge hasn't been moved forward.
If your tactics and strategies are so awesome then why have you done absolute dick in PAX? You sit there and be arrogant, quoting your past, well, thats exactly what it is, the past, and until you do anything to the contrary, in PAX, you're nothing but another whining useless defence sucking newb. Go blow Sun_Tzu more, maybe you can continue sharing stories about how awesome you USED TO BE and pretending like you matter now.
Unread 12 Jun 2010, 23:36   #93
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
If your tactics and strategies are so awesome then why have you done absolute dick in PAX? You sit there and be arrogant, quoting your past, well, thats exactly what it is, the past, and until you do anything to the contrary, in PAX, you're nothing but another whining useless defence sucking newb. Go blow Sun_Tzu more, maybe you can continue sharing stories about how awesome you USED TO BE and pretending like you matter now.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2010, 01:18   #94
Scott

Did I really just read that post? oh my the arrogance coming from that thread was beyond believe! Who ever knew that e-arrogance existed!
Unread 13 Jun 2010, 02:09   #95
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
If the current tactics are 3rd class, how come you havent took ND to #1 by using awesome strats?

What i remember about pre-PAX strats was 'mass recruit' and then 'mass recruit some more'.
Unread 13 Jun 2010, 05:23   #96
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
If the current tactics are 3rd class, how come you havent took ND to #1 by using awesome strats?

What i remember about pre-PAX strats was 'mass recruit' and then 'mass recruit some more'.
Simple. Because there's always someone in ND willing to shoot themselves in the foot. *Argh*
Unread 13 Jun 2010, 06:31   #97
HeimdallR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
Simple. Because there's always someone in ND willing to shoot themselves in the foot. *Argh*
The way you guys go at it sometimes, I'd use the word testicles

Finally retired
Unread 13 Jun 2010, 06:41   #98
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post
The way you guys go at it sometimes, I'd use the word testicles
Tonight, I'm inclined to agree with you.
Unread 13 Jun 2010, 10:20   #99
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
ND are very difficult to take number #1, as fundamentally they lack the discipline that's required not to crash and keep going until the very end of the round. This is just because of the way they are, the kind of people they bring in and the atmosphere they foster inside their alliance (which is an enjoyable way to play Planetarion). If you want to win above all else, don't play as ND. ND's best chance of victory is political which a) requires the political conditions to permit it and b) a perfect political round from themselves.

Quote:
After round 2 and the disaster of BlueTuba, alliances hit a natural size of 150-250 and this was widely accepted as the most effiicient way of running an alliance. The lack of prelaunch, ship stats where ships also targeted "all" to varying degrees, longer rounds and clusters which added an extra degree of geographical difficulty meant that the logistics of play were far, far more difficult to accomplish than they are today. In addition, war had much higher incentives in the game engine, so the game was in general far more aggressive than it is now. You also have to remember that this was also an era before we had web on mobile phones, or in the case of some, even mobile phones at all.

Because there were more alliances, the politics also had more depth, as (lets pretend you were a mid-ranking alliance like NewDawn for a second) you had to maintain relationships at the top level to survive, have the relationships you were going to hold on pretty much whatever and have relationships with alliances below you, as they were a handy source of defence when times were tough.

The big flaw with PAX now is that rounds are too short. You need a good 10-12 weeks to really sort out the wheat from the chaff and to let long-term brutal attacking and strategies designed to wear down your enemy really pay off. The shortness of rounds just promotes expedient attacking and picking up cheap roids rather than grinding down your enemy while maybe breaking even then overwhelming them. The problem is that there is never time for such strategies to ever pay off.

Essentially PAX excludes use of many of the strategies that were required to win previously.and after playing pre-PAX, I can speak for myself when I say it's very difficult to motivate myself in these conditions. Not because PAX is 'easy' but really because what was required in pre-PAX has made me tired of doing it. I see exactly the position of LordN and Sun_Tzu - they want to relax and just play and why not? That doesn't mean they can't be good at planetarion.
Unread 13 Jun 2010, 10:34   #100
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

That's a pretty good summary lokken. Although I've been doing more work this round with ND, you have to be realistic about the prospects of the alliance, and also tell yourself that at some point, the effectiveness of some of the strategies, which could have been employed in a different alliance at a different point in time, would simply not merit the effort.