User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Feb 2007, 17:47   #1
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts
[Suggestion] Covert ops

As some people know, I am one of the people who enjoy the choice we have of covert ops. It is fun and a good challenge.

However there is something I do not like, and that is the formula for resource transfer. currently it is:
Quote:
#of agents*2000*target_value/your_value, capped at 10% of the target's resources per type or 7500 of each resource per agent)
This is all well and nice, if your a resource hog and don't feel like helping out your alliance, galaxy or your friends.

A simple fix would to change it either to
Quote:
#of agents*2000*target_value/50% of your_value, capped at 10% of the target's resources per type or 7500 of each resource per agent
or
Quote:
10% of the target's resources per type or 7500 of each resource per agent
If this makes people uneasy could simply decrease the chance of success.

My gal has more or less constant incoming, like most gals not filled with hardcore players we struggle and it can be hard.
Me as a "casual gamer" who logs in a few times aday can easily be bored of doing the same thing everyday, so I decided to give it one last try, so i went covert. Here i found something that i enjoy and think is fun. This way I can help galaxy and friends often by buying ships and defending in galaxy. Without it i would prolly have quit along time ago

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 22:45   #2
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice
Re: [Suggestion] Covert ops

i agree, covert op has a lot of potential, even though many dont like it cause it s not combat oriented. but i like it myself, and used it a lot in my very 1st round of play.

the only thing i m against is the 100%+ immunity. no one can or should be 100% immune to covert op. covert op is not so much a threat to force a 100% coverage.

and in fact some covert op should have a higher rate of success , still depending on alertness defense, to prove worth using.
i know havoc and ship destruction are rarely use due to high cost and little or no effectiveness of success.

i would suggest a 95% coverage at best , in fonction of stealthness and alertness of each race.

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 23:34   #3
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

There should be a way to make covert ops cause actual cancer in the people that use them.
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 00:36   #4
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

And for those who launch ships there should be heartattacks and sodomy?

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 01:59   #5
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
And for those who launch ships there should be ... sodomy?
Knowing some guys in PA community it may not have the effect you expect.