User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Jan 2006, 18:42   #1
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
Bees Battle "Hornets From Hell"

This is what I found whilst looking at the National Geographic website. Linked from this page here.

Its a video of european bees not doing aswell as japanese bees against giant hornets. Quite interesting (if you like this sort of thing).
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 18:51   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Bees Battle "Hornets From Hell"

I remember seeing something like that ages ago on tv and it was one of the cooler things I've ever seen. Do the japanese bees surround the horents and vibrate them to death by raising their body temperature or something.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 19:03   #3
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

orgy of death
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 19:03   #4
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

this reminds of an assignment we had at primary school. we had to catch insects in the garden, put them in a jar and then 'observe' them. i caught some kind of aggresive fly and made it fight against bees, wasps and other insects that my classmates caught. my fly always won.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 23:35   #5
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I remember seeing something like that ages ago on tv and it was one of the cooler things I've ever seen. Do the japanese bees surround the horents and vibrate them to death by raising their body temperature or something.
Sounds like you saw the the same clip I linked to. Its quite interesting though
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 00:55   #6
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
this reminds of an assignment we had at primary school. we had to catch insects in the garden, put them in a jar and then 'observe' them. i caught some kind of aggresive fly and made it fight against bees, wasps and other insects that my classmates caught. my fly always won.
I think you were actually watching pokemon there
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 14:35   #7
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Interesting clip. Despite the Japanese honeybees strategy, they wouldn't be able to defend against one hornett slipping through.

What I would like to see are the hornetts against some African killerbees. THAT would be a match. I'd also like to see the hornetts against the Australian red-ants.

Just a Q., wtf would the world do if these hornetts travelled outside of Japan and started breeding? If bees are trouble enough, how the hell would you defend against one of these on such a large scale when they can dissolve human tissue? Can they dissolve clothing? How many layers deep does the enzyme dissolve?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 16:57   #8
eJohn
Tiny Dancer

eJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to behold

Very interesting link, id rep you if i could.
[16:09] <eJohn> im still standing
eJohn is offline   Reply With Quote