User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 30 Aug 2005, 20:38   #1
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts
Alliance members

As an alliance member many things has changed since the early days of PA, progress in some eyes – lesser influence in others etc…

Alliances today (the major ones) are governed by mostly skilled people who played this game for several rounds and they know how to “do things” if you get my drift!?

The point of this thread is to put the finger on only one thing that to a “normal” member have changed more dramatically then other alliance stuff.

In the early days members were ordered to meetings were they could vote on who they should go to war on or which alliance they should support etc.

I dare to say that today the single member have less or to be honest absolutely nothing to do with PA politics, all the politics are run by officers who do as they like and the rest have to follow. The ordinary member frankly puts their PA round into some HC:s hands.

This might be all good or for that matter a way that PA had to take?

At least it seems like a subject to discuss?
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 20:41   #2
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all
Re: Alliance members

lol.. I don't know what alliance you were in that "voted" on who they were to attack and not. I have been around since forever (just not played any of the pax rounds), and I have never been in such an alliance. I think the normal member doesn't really care, or he would make his own alliance or join a different one.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 20:46   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Even the really poor alliances I was part of didn't have meetings to decide strategy. I recall voting on new HCs but nothing else.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 21:13   #4
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Erm, at least try to play along here dudes and save the flames to my other none serious threads: P

I’ve been here since round 3 and yes I been attending members meetings were the question/votes was about how we the members should act on serious alliance issues.
I’m not saying those were the good times only that today things are a little bit different to say the least.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 21:37   #5
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Go solo then.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 21:46   #6
MotoX
Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virall
Go solo then.

Sr, you haven’t been here for long so your comment isn’t valid.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 21:50   #7
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX

rofl

That almost deserves a pos rep.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 22:33   #8
derry

derry will become famous soon enoughderry will become famous soon enough

Quote:
made me giggle, iirc, i played with virall in r6, and he already been playing for some rounds back then
[18:45] <Helix> if two wrongs dont make a right its twice as wrong to do something wrong to right it

[00:22] <Doom> Where as in most cases it appears multing is an individual thing, LDK organises it and uses it. Making it an effective unit with a small number of players. It makes sense just not part of the rules. They just organised cheating =-)
derry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 22:49   #9
MotoX
Stolen

Please don’t lose focus from the subject
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 23:10   #10
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

In alliances i have run, since round 1, i do the declaring war. It is a perk of the game.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 00:02   #11
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
In alliances i have run, since round 1, i do the declaring war. It is a perk of the game.
Then again, even if you are not running an alliance, you still declare wars

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 00:31   #12
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Alliance memberships have never really determined politics for their alliance - at least not directly. The HC of an alliance must sometimes take the wants and needs of their membership into account - but they rarely decide the direction of politics. If a member is unhappy with their alliance's political direction, they can just leave it.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 01:02   #13
MotoX
Stolen

Very true indeed but nowadays the members rarely knows about who the enemies is they only follows the DC into a gal raid and doesn’t know about that gals whereabouts.

That in my mind is kind of sad.

Ofc everyone could follow the PA Forums discussions…..

Before almost every member had an opinion about “things” today most leave that to the officers to worry about.

The game are now in my mind more like in 2 dimensions – one being a regular member (who doesn’t care as long as the DC supplies him with nice targets) and one as a alliance officer who are more involved with politics stuff etc…

The gap between an alli member and an allie officer have become larger!?

Last edited by MotoX; 31 Aug 2005 at 01:13.
MotoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 01:22   #14
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

democracy really isn't the way to go for the sake of idiocy running rampant. (ofcourse there's a good risk of that with having incompetant hc too)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 07:34   #15
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

you can use democracy in pa as long as youre a small bg and you know each of the members since pa started.
otherwise there are a severak problems with having democratic decisions:

* spying: its hard nuff to keep an officer and hc team free of intentional or unintentional spies
* idiocy: if i am hc or officer i wouldnt want my members to commit me to some stupid move which in the end (after the round) will still be seen as my fault if something went wrong
*time: this is a fast moving game if youve got to call a meeting for every bigger decision youll not be able to keep up

if that isnt nough then lets remember that hc and officer put in a lot of work, one of their rewards for that is their ability to influence the politics and contrary to what you said, if a member is active and helps the alliance, he will have a certain influence too. Therefore making meetings that enable each inactive monkey to vote on politics is just plain stupid.
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 08:50   #16
suave

suave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I’ve been here since round 3 and yes I been attending members meetings were the question/votes was about how we the members should act on serious alliance issues.
I really would love to know which alliance(s) this was....

None of the alliances I was in did that...
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 10:56   #17
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

you cannot let the inmate's run the asylum and hope to have long term success..

it's as dangerous as the old "too many Chiefs, and not enough indians" scenario... as we said in the Army.. there's light green, and there's dark green..... It takes a certain type of person to command others successfully, and not everyone has the ability to do so.....

some people are happy being led,others prefer to lead, this is true in gaming communities as it is in real life..... voting in a gaming community not only takes forever, it also means your leaders turn into glorified secretaries, and no true leader would be satisfied with that

People in positions of authority in PA who are in successful alliances generally have many rounds of experience and are able to seperate the here and now from the overall big picture, this is what seperates them from the soldier. A lot of players prefer to point and shoot, and leave the politics for others, it's by no means a slam to those players, it's their preference

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 31 Aug 2005 at 11:03.
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 11:08   #18
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

An alliance governed by democracy isnt gonna work very well in a fast timed game like this. However, I really feel that is important to inform the members of what the alliance is doing. Having meetings often can help for this. So maybe a regular member cannot get the deciding voice on an alliance's positions, but he can atleast know what's going on and ask questions and get answers from his alliance's HC.
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 11:58   #19
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I’m not saying those were the good times only that today things are a little bit different to say the least.
I've been around sinice round 2 and havent been in an alliance that has asked there alliance who we should go to war with etc... Just got told to who we where at war with.

Only thing that has changed in my mind is that solo attacks are a lot more rarer and alliances are more compact and organized.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 12:38   #20
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
I've been around sinice round 2 and havent been in an alliance that has asked there alliance who we should go to war with etc... Just got told to who we where at war with.

Only thing that has changed in my mind is that solo attacks are a lot more rarer and alliances are more compact and organized.
An alliance asking its members what political course to take is imo rediculous and bound to fail.

I'd also like to know what alliance MotoX is talking about because well ... it can't be a good alliance if that's their political strategy.

What members however CAN do is put the pressure on the HC's to act in the best interest of their alliance and to justify their actions. That is what members can and should demand from their command, rather then blindly following orders.

Ofcourse this does not mean an HC should report every little decision he makes, but he should be able to answer it and justify it when asked for (which is easy if you do what you think is best for your alliance).

I agree that solo attacks are less common then in the early days simply because they don't pay off anymore.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 12:49   #21
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Ive been in alliances where HC sometimes asked officers and such if they had any preferences of partners for next round, but nothing more than that.
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 14:26   #22
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

lol I would never pressure a HC to do something just kick me and be with out an alliance for 72 ticks :/
Not like the old days when you could where a tag for so long till someone notices and says hang on ur not in my alliance

Unread 31 Aug 2005, 14:27   #23
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
Ive been in alliances where HC sometimes asked officers and such if they had any preferences of partners for next round, but nothing more than that.

By partners do you mean Buddy Pack with?

Unread 31 Aug 2005, 14:48   #24
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Very true indeed but nowadays the members rarely knows about who the enemies is they only follows the DC into a gal raid and doesn’t know about that gals whereabouts.

That in my mind is kind of sad.
In the old days of block wars, everyone knew who "the enemy" was (unless you were in NoS r4 ). That's because the sides were decided before the round started and, if they changed at all, they changed maybe once or twice during the course of the round.

Because of this, you could easily build up an understanding of who the enemy was and even start to "hate" that enemy - think back to how much people "hated" Legion/Fury, for example. Now, the game is much more fluid (and better for it). Alliiances can change their targetting on a daily basis. When they do so, they have to keep that information as secret as possible, to prevent the new enemy from being warned about the attack.

This round has had only one permanent conflict - 1up vs. LCH. The other alliances have changed their targetting very frequently, and even 1up and LCH went some nights without hitting each other. I think this is a good thing because the alternative would be block wars.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 14:53   #25
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, i have not played in any round with buddy packs. This was back in r8 or something.
Back then it was full fledged alliances
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 17:28   #26
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
i think he means like allies for the forthcoming round m8

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 17:39   #27
MotoX
Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
In the old days of block wars, everyone knew who "the enemy" was (unless you were in NoS r4 ). That's because the sides were decided before the round started and, if they changed at all, they changed maybe once or twice during the course of the round.

Because of this, you could easily build up an understanding of who the enemy was and even start to "hate" that enemy - think back to how much people "hated" Legion/Fury, for example. Now, the game is much more fluid (and better for it). Alliiances can change their targetting on a daily basis. When they do so, they have to keep that information as secret as possible, to prevent the new enemy from being warned about the attack.

This round has had only one permanent conflict - 1up vs. LCH. The other alliances have changed their targetting very frequently, and even 1up and LCH went some nights without hitting each other. I think this is a good thing because the alternative would be block wars.

I totally agree on this.

Downside would then be that member’s isn’t that interested in politics or even who they attack - defend (they could even be ordered to defend some friendly allies planets without them knowing) etc as long as they can count in new roids in the morning.

In early rounds most of the IRC talks was about which allie to attack or which allie to support etc….. those talks have been put aside and are now done in closed HC chans…

The PA member of today misses out on some really fun alliance discussions,

Btw, If I remember correctly and not totally misplaced my brain today I think we had open talks/meetings in both 4S and ROCK !?
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 18:24   #28
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sir, you haven’t been here for long so your comment isn’t valid.
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 18:34   #29
MotoX
Stolen

dam
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 01:08   #30
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Sir, you haven’t been here for long so your comment isn’t valid.
hush newbie...
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 01:10   #31
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

c7r sucks.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 03:00   #32
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

What zhil said for the win!
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 12:42   #33
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Alliance memberships have never really determined politics for their alliance - at least not directly. The HC of an alliance must sometimes take the wants and needs of their membership into account - but they rarely decide the direction of politics. If a member is unhappy with their alliance's political direction, they can just leave it.
Round 4, Xanadu members decided which way we would go; stick with Legion or go with NoS/Cell. Was not a HC decision
Having said that, I don't think Xanadu ever really cared much about the political aspect. Blunt warfare was more or thing

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 15:22   #34
Firefreeze

Firefreeze has a spectacular aura aboutFirefreeze has a spectacular aura about

Only democratic scenario Ive been part of is "Do you want to win or not?" Only that is based soley on what the "member" wants. BGs the democracy thing works to a degree. But no respectable alliance will base every decision on what the majority of the members want. Also so far I have yet to be told to do something that I didnt know what it was for. If my alliance is at war...they tell me. I never have to use guesswork. I know my mission, I fulfill it. Checks and balances. So in essence the success is based completely on what the members decide to do, so in arguement we as peons have all the power in the world
Firefreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 19:29   #35
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

hypothetically IF an alliance formed based on the principle of Democracy, with an experienced core of players, it could possibly have success, but democracy based on the election of it's leaders, maybe electing them every round, or two round terms etc. Like most democratic governments, those leaders would make policy based on the needs/wants of their constituants, and that policy would also be subject to vote. I've seen this work in other games, however in PA it would be a tested theory, at some point it would get boring and trying. You'd spend more time debating and holding votes than you would playing PA itself. Just don't have the player base now in my opinion. In the early days when it wasn't a big stretch to have alliances with a few hundred members, provided they had some level of discipline and activity, it could be possible, but with todays PA memberbase it would be a big waste of time and effort
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 17:06   #36
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
Round 4, Xanadu members decided which way we would go; stick with Legion or go with NoS/Cell. Was not a HC decision
Having said that, I don't think Xanadu ever really cared much about the political aspect. Blunt warfare was more or thing
Fury membership was always fairly divided (based on their own galaxies) to political decisions. Some members would never have been convicned to a Fury/Xanadu partnership (that was suggested for r7) plus it would have just been bad for the game

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 21:41   #37
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

the US government didnt ask the public if they should attack iraq or not wonder what the result woulda been... thats why HC's are there in the first place, to make the decisions
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 21:47   #38
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

Cryptic is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
c7r sucks.
Thats c7R, tard boy

If you get tired of the crap , baby move over here and maybe buy some of mine

R1 c7R / Fury co-founder / annoying bully / Propaganda mechant.

Crypto Inc Comics
Cryptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 22:53   #39
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

A deomcratic PA would be boring and too hippy like. Since this is a war game you need strong leadership that can make the harsh and crude calls that some people even in a web based browser game cannot make. Voting would for leadership would suck since you could have a wanker get all his friends to vote him in and he could totally suck at a leadership role. Imperialism is the way to go in PA. You do not have to make friends with everyone and try to build a hippy coalition <r2 bluetuba had like 12+ naps covering every letter of the alphabet>. The trick is to keep everyone off your back while you build up and own and expand but then feed off of your weaker allies however it is also wise to think of the next round so you will also want to keep a few of them on your side so that you will not go in with everyone on your nuts. Exception was in r6 when Legion and fury had everyone and their aunt on them but that was simply because the Great alliances were so feared and people were sick of us winning. Kinda ironic though the other rounds where other great alliances were won the members were mainly ex fury, ex Legion, ex LDK and ex Titans.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 23:40   #40
KillGhost
1Up

KillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic
Thats c7R, tard boy
OMG, It's Cryptic!
[Spore] HC
Former Public Relations Officer of QQ
KillGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 23:53   #41
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillGhost
OMG, It's Cryptic!
OMG it's KillGhost !

" what are u waintin for ...... christmas ? :xmas: "

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 23:55   #42
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filth
the US government didnt ask the public if they should attack iraq or not wonder what the result woulda been... thats why HC's are there in the first place, to make the decisions
and that's why you have only been HC for 2 weeks in VsN ! :eek:

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 00:31   #43
KillGhost
1Up

KillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
OMG it's KillGhost !

" what are u waintin for ...... christmas ? :xmas: "
I want j00 for christmas! /me huggles jupp.
[Spore] HC
Former Public Relations Officer of QQ
KillGhost is offline   Reply With Quote