User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 22 Mar 2005, 22:28   #1
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
PAWiki alliance pages are being outdated AS WE SPEAK (or post, whatever)

As stated here, we're approaching a new round and various pages on PAWiki need updating. Specifically, alliance pages need to be updated for Round 13.

Coven have updated their page. You don't want to be less l33t than Coven do you?

The bare minimum of what needs doing is simply that [[Category:Alliance:Round 13]] be added to each [url=http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki/index.php/Category:Alliances]alliance page[/quote] for alliance that will be playing round 13. In addition, some alliances have had structural changes that their pages need to reflect.

I'd like to once again thank everyone who has contributed to PAWiki so far. It is far from as complete as it could be, but it is still far more than anyone could ask for
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 00:26   #2
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Re: PAWiki alliance pages are being outdated AS WE SPEAK (or post, whatever)

um can u put some info in the pawiki for your own nick?
or do u have to be like famous or an hc etc to warrant incursion?
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 00:29   #3
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

You can put information for anyone's nick. The requirement isn't a certain level of renown, but rather that someone wants to see it, even if it's just you.

The only sort of pages I cba with are ones that are already covered by the NG gallery and similar.
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 00:36   #4
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

well since theres no one else under R i think ill send u some info to get the ball rolling.
Hmmm Rabbagast should surely be under R along with Rumad
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 00:43   #5
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
well since theres no one else under R i think ill send u some info to get the ball rolling.
Hmmm Rabbagast should surely be under R along with Rumad
No need to send me anything, just head on over and make the pages
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 01:35   #6
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Im less leet that coven...
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 01:50   #7
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

The Pawiki is an excellent site. Go COVEN!!!!
The site really has grown since I last viewed it.
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 02:35   #8
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Chika ive come to the conclusion that u are sarcastic, dark humoured and mildly abusive, but for some reason i cant stop laughing at your posts
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 03:27   #9
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
Chika ive come to the conclusion that u are sarcastic, dark humoured and mildly abusive, but for some reason i cant stop laughing at your posts
No. I actually meant what I said in this post. Sadly, its hard to know when I am serious, and when I'm not. Thats a price I must pay....
Anywhoo, I tried to update the Wiki but I failed to do so properly. The help section did not help me in the way that I needed it.
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 03:43   #10
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
No. I actually meant what I said in this post. Sadly, its hard to know when I am serious, and when I'm not. Thats a price I must pay....
You're still no Yeh.

Quote:
Anywhoo, I tried to update the Wiki but I failed to do so properly. The help section did not help me in the way that I needed it.
Hm, what was missing? I'll admit the help section was tossed together a bit haphazardly, but no one's actually complained about anything lacking so I don't know what more to add. I've cleaned up your page a bit, if you edit it you can see some of the wikicode stuff that's useful. I've also made the planet rank pages that mention you link to your User page. Incidentally, I don't mean to be intrusive by editing your user page*. The idea is to try to create a feedback creativity loop when adding/editing pages that were started by others. Unfortunately PAWiki doesn't really get this that much**.

*I usually consider user pages to be mostly a user's own territory, but most people keep only one page about themselves which leads me to aim for a little more of the neutral pov and objectivity that the wiki aims for in general.

** See a good article on why wikis suck
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 13:35   #11
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
You're still no Yeh.

Hm, what was missing? I'll admit the help section was tossed together a bit haphazardly, but no one's actually complained about anything lacking so I don't know what more to add. I've cleaned up your page a bit, if you edit it you can see some of the wikicode stuff that's useful. I've also made the planet rank pages that mention you link to your User page. Incidentally, I don't mean to be intrusive by editing your user page*. The idea is to try to create a feedback creativity loop when adding/editing pages that were started by others. Unfortunately PAWiki doesn't really get this that much**.

*I usually consider user pages to be mostly a user's own territory, but most people keep only one page about themselves which leads me to aim for a little more of the neutral pov and objectivity that the wiki aims for in general.

** See a good article on why wikis suck
Hopefully this doesn't make me look like an idiot for not knowing, but I was specifically trying to add my name under the people link. I looked at the Help link again. Maybe this is covered in starting a new page?
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 13:42   #12
Chika

BTW
thanks for the editing!!! When I look in the edit box I see a lot of useful wikicode stuff. thanks
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 15:31   #13
exblade
that one dude

exblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura about

yeah coven! what up now bias
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
The Galactic Vikings - DC [TGV]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Rounds 9.5,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,19,26,27,28,38
exblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 17:19   #14
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

exblade is THE Coven whore

lo Ex

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 23:26   #15
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Hopefully this doesn't make me look like an idiot for not knowing, but I was specifically trying to add my name under the people link. I looked at the Help link again. Maybe this is covered in starting a new page?
Oh right, the People's page is a category, so to add your page to the list, you need to add yourself to the People category. You do that by adding [[Category:People]]. Incidentally, we try to avoid User: pages on the People category, because it ends up sorting them under U, which gets annoying when there are a lot of them. You can make a Chika page and add a redirect from User:Chika, or split the information off. There's also a Category:Users for user pages of (ir)regular contributors :)
Unread 25 Mar 2005, 17:34   #16
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Don't forget the 'ex' regular contributors ;o
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 00:13   #17
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Aaranaf is an unknown quantity at this point

who's the wanker who keeps messing with the virus page
Former Eclipse Planetarion Military Officer
-Forever Lurking on the Darkside-

Round 10.5- 22:8:6 [ViruS]Playmates[Urwins] #1 Galaxy
========================
O' Canada!
Aaranaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 05:14   #18
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Hey, i tried unsucessfully insert "Silver alliance" under alliances category and "WhiteSnake" under players(tho wasnt me who insrted the info about both), if somone knows how to do it, do it for me pls

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 05:17   #19
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruder
Hey, i tried unsucessfully insert "Silver alliance" under alliances category and "WhiteSnake" under players(tho wasnt me who insrted the info about both), if somone knows how to do it, do it for me pls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
You do that by adding [[Category:People]].
For Alliances, add [[Category:Alliances]] to the relevant page (in this case, Silver).
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 16:41   #20
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

A good idea is to just look at the code used for other pages and simply copy & paste and edit where necessary.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2005, 04:58   #21
Banned
Banned

I've fixed it so it's a bit easier to start new pages. Ideally new pages should be started by following red links to the page (ie it shoud be linked before the page is created). But there is now a big red link when you search for something and there isn't already a page for it.