User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Jan 2005, 10:35   #1
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light
Pa saved/ growing again ?

Hello all!

I played PA back in the early rounds, and serious only like 1 round in Xanadu...

I was never really into PA - most probably cause another online game was the #1 game for me at this time ( due to the community, friends there etc. ) but after that game closed its doors i would have tried PA again but it went p2p - so i played a similiar sounding clone quite succesful... though the community there wasn´t really the best, but due to several close friends playing it i played several rounds there... though the current one i am not playing, the memberbase is shrinking, the politics the past rounds were boring (uberblocking) and there is too much cheating going on in my eyes...

Know i heard by several m8es who play PA that its going great, fluent politics, good stats, load of fun etc.

So whats your opinion?

Thx in advance

Kree
Kree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2005, 11:25   #2
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about
Re: Pa saved/ growing again ?

Well, you'll probebly not be very impressed by memberbase atm, but it is rising for the first time in rounds. Last round there were around 4000 players, about 2000 of them payed. Not sure when you played, but if it was back before round 6 there have been some gigantic changes. First and formost the introduction of 4 different races, each having different strengths and weaknesses. You can now only attack and defend for 1 tick and ships only target 1 other shipclass. If you did play between r6-9.5 then they changed zik stealing, , to 'subversion' Which means you borrow the ships for a tick, so like you take over them, they fire and then they get returned to enemy planet (lead to some very interesting battles ) At least it was that way last round last, it will be changed for r13, though to what we don't know yet
Political R12 was very very good and interesting, winning galaxy and alliance wasn't completely decided till very last week of the round, and for r13 we are actually seeing a good ammount of old alliances return to the game
There is a free speedgame coming up this weekend (info in announcement forum) so maybe you could play that to see if it's still to your liking. Well, hope to see you around the universe sometime
All in only complaint I have of new PA is the low playerbase, but creators can't do much bout that. Some stat changes are annoying when you're used to old PA but just takes some getting used to. Now would be a good time to rejoin and I think you should give it a shot, but that ofc is up to you.
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!

Last edited by Orion Treet; 21 Jan 2005 at 14:39.
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2005, 14:18   #3
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

if u are currently playing a clone with a declining player base now would probably be a good time to give pa another try, we currently have one of the larger playerbases out of all the similar games, in fact even our paid playerbase is bigger than a lot of the clones total playerbase. Next round should see several improvements in the game and the general activity level of new/inexperianced players and hopefully more upgrades to paid accounts.

There are also several alliances returning next round including ToT and Ministry, so next round should be highly competitive with lots of good alliances to play with.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2005, 16:55   #4
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

The game rocks, like I told you. So get your arse back to pa before I personally kick it there.

Fluid blocks, decent commands, and the challenge of taking down a great aliance is all working to make pa the best out there.
Add in 1 ship targetting, its simple for the new players, but can be made complicated enough for the skilled ones, (especialy if they fix zik so that not many ppl chose it), and you ahve a great game well worth playing.

So, in my own words, BRING IT ON!
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2005, 20:19   #5
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Fluid blocks
Damn you, you got me thirsty for more alcohole
Can i get alcohole intravenous or will that kill me? bah, i'll just try and let you know how it turns out.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2005, 20:58   #6
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Lo Kree, like you as you know i play most clones, but theres only one game that is challenging, fun and good fluent politics. Last round no one knew the winner, it could have been any top 10 alliance in theory, but even after the halfway mark, there was still 5 alliances in contention.

Unlike other games, people want to keep this game alive, its the best community and is constantly growing.

so come back m8, play speeder with me tomoz
Unread 21 Jan 2005, 22:48   #7
Odyssey
The Ministry Hero

Odyssey is an unknown quantity at this point

Your Supposed To Be Quitting Online Gaming Fs!
Odyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2005, 22:51   #8
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

1 word:
"Just Join.."

You get more then you expect..
like.. 2 words instead of 1..
Unread 21 Jan 2005, 23:39   #9
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

The game is better than ever, theres no doubt about it. And said clone can burn, its crap compared. 1 ship taregetting, roiding xp, subversion instead of stealing, no bloody wpsp or agility all makes it so many times better than said clone that there's no scale to measure it.

On the politics side, we've had two damn interesting rounds with R13 looking to be even more exciting. So theres really no excuse, real life is overrated.

<40's propaganda>Sign up, your gaming community needs you!</40's propaganda>

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2005, 01:50   #10
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Fluid blocks
hehhe well and professionally said

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 21:00   #11
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Fluid blocks
Please tell me the round 13 alliance overview wont resemble tetris....
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 09:19   #12
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
Please tell me the round 13 alliance overview wont resemble tetris....
the skins?

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 09:52   #13
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey
Your Supposed To Be Quitting Online Gaming Fs!
they forced me to play sm ...

and hell i am addicted
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 09:53   #14
Kree

Quote:
The game rocks, like I told you. So get your arse back to pa before I personally kick it there.

So, in my own words, BRING IT ON!
hehe could i resist you Forest ?

well depends mainly on when it starts as i will be away in feb from 12th til 19th
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 10:50   #15
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

hard to say, but I expect you might end up missing some of the round assuming betas go well, though... this is pa we are talking about

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 14:04   #16
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
the skins?
no i meant as in all the alliances block together... like a game of tetris....
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 17:30   #17
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
no i meant as in all the alliances block together... like a game of tetris....
got ye

Unread 26 Jan 2005, 00:56   #18
The Globe
Genieten in een Teug

The Globe is an unknown quantity at this point

omg i finally found Kree
r1 - 17:23:6 [TFD]
r2 - 50:9:20 [TFD]
r3 - 21:24:17 [NOS]
r4 - 290:25:3 [Xanadu] {44: Might of Rome}
r5 - 28:16:24 [WPO] {58: Lothlórien}
r6 - 28:11:18 [Titans] {33: Honour & Loyalty}
r7 - 17:6:6 [Titans] {18: Honour & Loyalty}
r8 - 26:2:9 [Titans] {4: Grumpy Gits}
r9 - resting
r9.5 - 46:7:19 [LDK] {2: The 7 Deadly Sins}
r10 --> PLT r7 - 14:5:8 [OuZo] {1: Horny Roiders}
The Globe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 00:20   #19
Kree

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Globe
omg i finally found Kree

/hides

heya m8
Unread 28 Jan 2005, 14:10   #20
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough

hey Kree ... free blowjobs in #love from nacho if u play pa !!!!!
Unread 29 Jan 2005, 03:04   #21
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

what happened?

Unread 29 Jan 2005, 06:54   #22
Kree

Quote:
Originally Posted by genosse27
hey Kree ... free blowjobs in #love from nacho if u play pa !!!!!

hehe nacho that old slu*
Unread 29 Jan 2005, 10:43   #23
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Kree,
Despite what you heard, in all honesty PA is a dying game. Yes, BY FAR, it is way better than what it was when it was introduced. But, it gets very old after a while, when you play against the same people. They say PA is growning, but round 12 had about 1500 less members that round 11 did, and 1400 planets out of 3896 were free planets. The people that replied in this thread, will be replying in every thread that you ever read. Due to the fact that the community is so small.
But PA does rock though, just not for multiple rounds, unless you find same people/winners every round exciting. It is worth a try, but don't be disappointed when you get bored.
Unread 29 Jan 2005, 10:46   #24
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Save yourself while you still can.

Once you cave and play a round, your 'm8s' will guilt trip you into staying on.

****ing bastards.

Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2005, 12:21   #25
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Kree,
Despite what you heard, in all honesty PA is a dying game. Yes, BY FAR, it is way better than what it was when it was introduced. But, it gets very old after a while, when you play against the same people. They say PA is growning, but round 12 had about 1500 less members that round 11 did, and 1400 planets out of 3896 were free planets. The people that replied in this thread, will be replying in every thread that you ever read. Due to the fact that the community is so small.
But PA does rock though, just not for multiple rounds, unless you find same people/winners every round exciting. It is worth a try, but don't be disappointed when you get bored.
Yes, and you reply in every thread saying how bad PA is doing If everyone were to be as pessimistic as you bout PA it would have died a long long time ago
<Zhil> I am HC
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Unread 29 Jan 2005, 15:25   #26
Odyssey
The Ministry Hero

Odyssey is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kree
they forced me to play sm ...

and hell i am addicted

twat tbfh
Odyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2005, 15:52   #27
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Treet
Yes, and you reply in every thread saying how bad PA is doing If everyone were to be as pessimistic as you bout PA it would have died a long long time ago
No, I do not say that in every thread. Great that you are taking notice of me though. i am reaching someone's heart. :| PA is a dying game. we can ALL agree on that. If it had 50k players and now it has 1800 paying players, is it still growing strong. SOrry if I let my opinion out a tad in my previous post. My goal was to relay the facts. 50k down to anything under 10k is a failure, not in game play. We can all agree that PAX style is far better. But advertising, p2p for some, and out right boredom have caused PA to fall. Now, if you don't agree with the facts, then please state the correct ones.
Hint: your next post requires some level of brain usage.
Unread 29 Jan 2005, 21:08   #28
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

PA has managed to adapt and become a fun game even with the far smaller memberbase. For that reason alone, I'd pick it to play over the rest.

Pig pretty much summed up why in his post.

(Hi Kree )

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 01:46   #29
Tyroka
Hat

Tyroka is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
50k down to anything under 10k is a failure
Did PA ever had 50k players paying for the game?
It's imo not fair to compare a p2p universe with a totally free universe (and the restricted free accounts doesn't make it a much more fair comparison).

If Pa really is growing again I don't think is totally decided, it was just a few rounds ago that PaX was introduced. After r14 we might be able to see (and be "sure of") some effect since PaX was introduced, might actually even take until after r15 (if it's around for that long).
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 05:59   #30
ronnie
Kralizec

ronnie will become famous soon enoughronnie will become famous soon enough

i think kree is right, people are returning, ministry is an example.

i will hopefully be coming back too, i know lots of people who are considering it.

go pateam, go the alliance situation (/me applaudes all HC's for getting it where it is) and go every1 who plays

<Killmark> you do know what race i am right?
<Ronnie> is 'gay boy' a race ?
<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 13:47   #31
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Quote:
No, I do not say that in every thread. Great that you are taking notice of me though. i am reaching someone's heart. :| PA is a dying game. we can ALL agree on that. If it had 50k players and now it has 1800 paying players, is it still growing strong. SOrry if I let my opinion out a tad in my previous post. My goal was to relay the facts. 50k down to anything under 10k is a failure, not in game play. We can all agree that PAX style is far better. But advertising, p2p for some, and out right boredom have caused PA to fall. Now, if you don't agree with the facts, then please state the correct ones.
Hint: your next post requires some level of brain usage.
PA never had 50k players with p2p, highest ammount was around 25k I think. Yes, it's a long ways to drop, but it doesn't mean it's dead. Look at last round, with a relatively small memberbase politically one of best rounds so far in PA history. Smaller memberbase doesn't mean that PA is dead, and ofc all that can be done has to be done from keeping the memberbase from dropping more, because if it drops say another 1k it would have fairly large implications I fear. But as it is smaller memberbase brings things that happen closer to home as well, it's not just 'somewhere in the universe'. There is no shortage in targets and attacks on alliance haven't slackend (r12 I had every night either 2 attacks and 1 def or 2 def and 1 attack going, most days deffing during day as well) so smaller memberbase does not effect the way combat happens etc. It increases the necessity for larger alliances to target eachother.
So I think the interesting factor has even grown some over the rounds, even though the memberbase has dropped. Ofc I'd like a 25k universe again, but don't think that will ever happen.
<Zhil> I am HC

Unread 31 Jan 2005, 05:24   #32
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Treet
PA never had 50k players with p2p, highest ammount was around 25k I think. Yes, it's a long ways to drop, but it doesn't mean it's dead. Look at last round, with a relatively small memberbase politically one of best rounds so far in PA history. Smaller memberbase doesn't mean that PA is dead, and ofc all that can be done has to be done from keeping the memberbase from dropping more, because if it drops say another 1k it would have fairly large implications I fear. But as it is smaller memberbase brings things that happen closer to home as well, it's not just 'somewhere in the universe'. There is no shortage in targets and attacks on alliance haven't slackend (r12 I had every night either 2 attacks and 1 def or 2 def and 1 attack going, most days deffing during day as well) so smaller memberbase does not effect the way combat happens etc. It increases the necessity for larger alliances to target eachother.
So I think the interesting factor has even grown some over the rounds, even though the memberbase has dropped. Ofc I'd like a 25k universe again, but don't think that will ever happen.
Last round, the last 3 weeks or so. I had NO targets. Literally, I attacked the same guy over and over and over. There just wasn't anyone to attack. The average roid count for the top 100 was 2100 roids. That is very low. The level of competition in PA has dropped tremendously. we should all be able to agree on that. It is way to easy to end top. In addition, never in a million PA rounds would a single alliance, own every other alliance repeatedly. Political and physical. Whichever one you want to say. Yes, last round was a good political one. Why? Because the leaders of the main allies have known each other for years. After 4 years they clicked, big deal. I didn't say PA was dead. I said it was dying. The only real people who play it are ones who are in love with it, or pretty much don't have anything better to do.
To clarify, for someone who has not played in a while, you will like the game alot. But after a bit, the same jokes, from the same people will bore you. If your alliance is not owning, its a 100% chance that the majority of the members will quit before mid round. And tbh if you are not an HC/lead MO, the political aspect of the game is obsolete to you because you make no decisions, so all of this political round is out of the window, because only about 6-7 people decide that.
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 05:31   #33
Kree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey
twat tbfh
bah come and play aswell

how is work out doing btw
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 05:34   #34
Kree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev
PA has managed to adapt and become a fun game even with the far smaller memberbase. For that reason alone, I'd pick it to play over the rest.

Pig pretty much summed up why in his post.

(Hi Kree )
i hope you and not chika is right

hey shev m8
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 07:07   #35
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kree
i hope you and not chika is right

hey shev m8
He is right from his point of view. i am right from mines. Plus, we both agree that PA rocks.
I also speak from the height of PA play, as I have been in the #1 alliance the last 3 rounds. but that would take the discussion off, because then it can be debated rather winning in PA or losing in PA, or playing for fun is actually getting the full experience out of PA. You will like PA, nowadays, you either get owned or win though. Try to be on the winning side. getting owned nowadays means losing your entire fleet at like tick 1400, and being roided to the ground by noobs. There is no in between.
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 17:25   #36
exblade
that one dude

exblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura about

seems to me that PA is slowy growing back to what it used to be....not nearly anywhere close to what it was...but i think its getting there
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
The Galactic Vikings - DC [TGV]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Rounds 9.5,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,19,26,27,28,38
exblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 14:04   #37
ThrillSeeker

ThrillSeeker can only hope to improve

And thats the reason why I might start playing again. Gona look around who is still around etc and have me informed on what the alliance situations etc are atm
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 13:35   #38
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

i left round 9 for good, and im back...i think since i left pa has reinvented itself and has shown us just how much of a fun inovative game it can be. i joined back again in round 11 and have never looked back..ive had more fun on this agem than ive ever had in the past.

so at the very least come play for 1 round and you will see how good this game really is

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 14:36   #39
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyroka
Did PA ever had 50k players paying for the game?
<----50k refers to freebies.

I dunno about that if it did then thats shocking tbh coz in round 2 i personally had 9 accounts ( I know cheating but what the hell everyone did) and I know plenty of ppl who had plenty more and then PA was abundant (think thats how you spell it) with Bots aswell and then there was the ppl who signed up for a planet werent happy with the galaxy coz it was titchy so signed up again.
So taking all that into account I would say there was a huge less than 25k players (donating thiefs to ones self was a good way of cheating remember)

p.s I would never have more than 1 account now to expensive and and to much time needed for 1 planet especially dealing with defcalls aswell when online and attacks.

Unread 8 Feb 2005, 16:38   #40
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
<----50k refers to freebies.

I dunno about that if it did then thats shocking tbh coz in round 2 i personally had 9 accounts ( I know cheating but what the hell everyone did) and I know plenty of ppl who had plenty more and then PA was abundant (think thats how you spell it) with Bots aswell and then there was the ppl who signed up for a planet werent happy with the galaxy coz it was titchy so signed up again.
So taking all that into account I would say there was a huge less than 25k players (donating thiefs to ones self was a good way of cheating remember)

p.s I would never have more than 1 account now to expensive and and to much time needed for 1 planet especially dealing with defcalls aswell when online and attacks.
Excuses, excuses. Fact remains the game has FAR less people now than it ever had in pre p2p. And it can be solidly argued that PA is dead. Take a look at the people who still play. People who,
A. Really have nothing else to do anyway ( 28 + age)
B. Teenagers who played when they were 13-16 years old
C. People in GMT +7-10 timezones, who easily own with no sleep loss.
D. If you think I missed you, you were covered in "A".

PA does idd have a slightly above average core player base. But its all at waste in a text based game. There are 2 things that could save PA 1. A miracle ( people just notice the game out of thin air and bring hoards here, or the game is revamped completely to meet the new millineum (WHOA spelling) standards, which would require some ego deflating and a NEW staff. PA's concept is supurb, thats why you dudes still play. Most of us play first person shooters or played before. You don't have to admit it here to me or anyone else, BUT, when you are owned over and over and over on a HALO2 server or a CS server, you try to find a better server. You make the regular, the one you have a good ping on, and you do at least average with some owning spurts of your own. In PA, you don't have that, for months at a time, the same people just keep owning you, and owning you, and owning you. Take a look at the top 100 list of the last 2 rounds, post how many names you match up. PA needs to lose that feature. Please, noone counter with the " someone has to win, someone has to lose" then that would contradict all of this noob friendly crap PA team is doing with the game since PAX.
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 17:02   #41
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

the same people win because they're best at the game. how do you propose changing that?
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 17:28   #42
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
the same people win because they're best at the game. how do you propose changing that?
That is covered in expanding the playerbase. More competition. More win some lose some, vice win most lose most.
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 18:18   #43
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

i think it'd take a few rounds at least for an expanded player base to result in different people winning, particularly at the alliance level.
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 01:28   #44
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough

/me points too Chika and nods
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 01:56   #45
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

Jees mate, you still about?
Drop me a line in GooseGames, will ya?
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 15:02   #46
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner
Jees mate, you still about?
Drop me a line in GooseGames, will ya?
Whats GooseGames?

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 15:26   #47
mist
Jolt's best friend

the company that spinner works for nowadays
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 19:23   #48
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Excuses, excuses. Fact remains the game has FAR less people now than it ever had in pre p2p. And it can be solidly argued that PA is dead. Take a look at the people who still play. People who,
A. Really have nothing else to do anyway ( 28 + age)
B. Teenagers who played when they were 13-16 years old
C. People in GMT +7-10 timezones, who easily own with no sleep loss.
D. If you think I missed you, you were covered in "A".

PA does idd have a slightly above average core player base. But its all at waste in a text based game. There are 2 things that could save PA 1. A miracle ( people just notice the game out of thin air and bring hoards here, or the game is revamped completely to meet the new millineum (WHOA spelling) standards, which would require some ego deflating and a NEW staff. PA's concept is supurb, thats why you dudes still play. Most of us play first person shooters or played before. You don't have to admit it here to me or anyone else, BUT, when you are owned over and over and over on a HALO2 server or a CS server, you try to find a better server. You make the regular, the one you have a good ping on, and you do at least average with some owning spurts of your own. In PA, you don't have that, for months at a time, the same people just keep owning you, and owning you, and owning you. Take a look at the top 100 list of the last 2 rounds, post how many names you match up. PA needs to lose that feature. Please, noone counter with the " someone has to win, someone has to lose" then that would contradict all of this noob friendly crap PA team is doing with the game since PAX.
sigh possilby the most pesimistic load of rubbish ive ever read? i never played back in 'the good old days' so i cant personally comment on what it was like back then but i love it these days. Ive only been playing since r11 and have finished top 100 in every round.. and recently won SG2.. i think that disproves the 'same people winning over and over' theory considering im a relative newb an can still do well? man if you havent got anything constructive to say dont say anything

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2005, 06:04   #49
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeyLove
sigh possilby the most pesimistic load of rubbish ive ever read? i never played back in 'the good old days' so i cant personally comment on what it was like back then but i love it these days. Ive only been playing since r11 and have finished top 100 in every round.. and recently won SG2.. i think that disproves the 'same people winning over and over' theory considering im a relative newb an can still do well? man if you havent got anything constructive to say dont say anything
the constitution of the good ole days were multi's, roid farms, PDS, blocks, website not responding please try again later, unstable ingal politics, legion and fury - everything else just kinda sat in to even the bumps

r12 alienated me so much because so much has changed, and i honestly think the game itself has gotten so much better - maybe from jolt's point of view this might not be agreeable to them, but within the game, i think a 5K member-base is better than a 50K, etc. because i honestly think anything over 5K is a cluster**** -

Unread 11 Feb 2005, 09:18   #50
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
the constitution of the good ole days were multi's, roid farms, PDS, blocks, website not responding please try again later, unstable ingal politics, legion and fury - everything else just kinda sat in to even the bumps

r12 alienated me so much because so much has changed, and i honestly think the game itself has gotten so much better - maybe from jolt's point of view this might not be agreeable to them, but within the game, i think a 5K member-base is better than a 50K, etc. because i honestly think anything over 5K is a cluster**** -
hehe back in my day i loves the old days for funnyness
website not responding please try again later <----hehe