User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Nov 2004, 19:55   #1
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Hats off to 1up

At the start of this round, A lot of people were unsure of what 1up were going to do this round, obviously only having 60 members including scanners is a bit of a strange tactic, for someone who wanted to win, and a lot of guesses were going on to see what was going to happen. And you have to say, they have kept to their word and played as the kingmakers, and doing it superbly.

This round is like a game of risk, for those who played it. LCH raced off to an early lead, 1up as the kingmakers stopped them running away with it, then MISTU had a huge roid count advantage, so 1up, along with others, brought them back to an acceptable level. Next, I guess LCH will be brought back down, then after that, who knows what is going to happen?

This is the most fluid round so far where politics is concerned. No-one can say with any certainty who is going to win, as it stands, although LCH must be favourites, MISTU, ND, HR and 1up are all still in with a chance. And I have to applaud 1up for doing it. They really have kept the round fluid. Of course, all the alliances who have joined in have also helped immensely, and it's great to see. This round could go on for maybe 5000 ticks before we saw a true winner. And that is fantastic, and I believe at the end of the round, everyone will say what an excellent round it was :thup:
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 20:26   #2
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice
Re: Hats off to 1up

I agree. Hats off to 1up for their good run so far. We'll see how the round ends, but I am impressed. Heard some whining about 1up's recruiting the last 48 hours, but what the hell its a part of the game.

Good Luck in your future ventures

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 20:36   #3
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Kingmakers..

You mean people, who help others to benefit themself.. Or are they only doing it to keep this round interesting? hmmm

I do agree this rounds politics are very interesting and fun, but is that because of 1up alone? Do they deserve the biggest credit? I say, hats up for al alliances playing this round.

Credit could be given to there average score/roids
But 1up didn't have incoming like Mistu/LCH experienced, cause they where no threat for the #1 position, maybe now they are, and if they survive any mass incoming (If it will ever come) then I can say, hat's of 1up... I don't say they have an easy round, but they don't have to suffer like LCH/Mistu did so far.
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 20:39   #4
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Couple of brief points:

1. 1up can't take the credit for the huge roid loss by Mistu - we're not specifically targetting any alliance at the moment.
2. Recent recruitment was mainly some pr0nstars joining us, half of whom were 1up last round. We set our maximum member count for this round at 67 before ticks started (2/3 the limit other alliances have) - that won't change other than as detailed in point 3.
3. Following discussions yesterday, it was agreed that we would allow a few small planets to join our tag near the end of the round to take our membership count to 69. But this will only happen IF adding them doesn't increase our alliance rank.

Other than that thanks for the compliments.
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 20:40   #5
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

lol @ sid

still subtile in his propaganda
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 20:44   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
Couple of brief points:

1. 1up can't take the credit for the huge roid loss by Mistu - we're not specifically targetting any alliance at the moment.
2. Recent recruitment was mainly some pr0nstars joining us, half of whom were 1up last round. We set our maximum member count for this round at 67 before ticks started (2/3 the limit other alliances have) - that won't change other than as detailed in point 3.
3. Following discussions yesterday, it was agreed that we would allow a few small planets to join our tag near the end of the round to take our membership count to 69. But this will only happen IF adding them doesn't increase our alliance rank.

Other than that thanks for the compliments.
why 69? why not a nice round 70

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 20:49   #7
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
why 69? why not a nice round 70

because we like having a good old "69" with each other
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 20:57   #8
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree. impressed by 1up this round. Would be fun if they won!
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 21:11   #9
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
because we like having a good old "69" with each other

i should have known

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 21:12   #10
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Yes, a round very well played for 1up, thus far.

-NitinA
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 21:14   #11
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

This wasn't just a thread to suck off 1up with, it's also a thread to say a bit of a well done to everyone for making it a very fun and balanced round. But that wouldn't have been possible without 1up's stance. But it's not just them.
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 21:33   #12
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
This wasn't just a thread to suck off 1up with, it's also a thread to say a bit of a well done to everyone for making it a very fun and balanced round. But that wouldn't have been possible without 1up's stance. But it's not just them.
I agree, it's not just them but nonetheless they are acting like true kingmakers this round, and for that they deserve credits. After all, the round would be too easy for them otherwise, we've seen that last round.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 22:20   #13
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
Kingmakers..

You mean people, who help others to benefit themself.. Or are they only doing it to keep this round interesting? hmmm

I do agree this rounds politics are very interesting and fun, but is that because of 1up alone? Do they deserve the biggest credit? I say, hats up for al alliances playing this round.

Credit could be given to there average score/roids
But 1up didn't have incoming like Mistu/LCH experienced, cause they where no threat for the #1 position, maybe now they are, and if they survive any mass incoming (If it will ever come) then I can say, hat's of 1up... I don't say they have an easy round, but they don't have to suffer like LCH/Mistu did so far.
The credit was given to the average score/roids you fool... read the post before posting something like that you insolent fool

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 09:14   #14
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exode
The credit was given to the average score/roids you fool... read the post before posting something like that you insolent fool
Didn't I discuss that in the 2nd part of my post?
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 14:17   #15
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
I agree, it's not just them but nonetheless they are acting like true kingmakers this round, and for that they deserve credits. After all, the round would be too easy for them otherwise, we've seen that last round.
Last round was not easy!

ffs!

Editted for caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 17:09   #16
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath
Last round was not easy!

ffs!

Editted for caps
did I say easy? no, I said last round you were clearly superior and if you'd play at full strength you'd clearly again be superior, that's all I said. And go answer yer pm's, it's about wow

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 20:05   #17
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

Quote:
did I say easy? no, I said last round you were clearly superior and if you'd play at full strength you'd clearly again be superior, that's all I said. And go answer yer pm's, it's about wow
Quote:
After all, the round would be too easy for them otherwise, we've seen that last round.

You need to reword it then

and whenever i respond to the pm's, you arent online

Quote:
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 00:20   #18
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

i think they deserve kudos for beeing "up there" with just 50-70 players and still ahead of some respected or bigger sized alliances. Showing quality does mean something.
Their Kingmaker abilities will be interesting closer to the round, but its not just up to them to keep the race open.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 01:16   #19
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

I for one admire 1up's job.

I hope its feasible but - im hoping the kingmakers can be king themselves at end round.

That's mathematically possible for 69 members, besides they are already virtually number 2 ranked for 64 members by now.

What a true show of class Idd.
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 02:56   #20
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
I hope its feasible but - im hoping the kingmakers can be king themselves at end round.
I hope not.

God, wed never hear the end of it :/
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 05:07   #21
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

The only 'Kings' 1up is trying to 'Make' is THEMSELVES.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 05:54   #22
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

i think 1up will make themselves kings and then everyone will be wondering...
but well why not...
everyone seems to love em alrdy... so why not win a second round
Lei~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 07:40   #23
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K
The only 'Kings' 1up is trying to 'Make' is THEMSELVES.
Really? Since when did you become 1up HC and privvy to our meetings/discussions?

We haven't been gunning for number 1 this round and we even told our membership that. We could have easily gotten to #1 this round if we had simply kept our membership numbers up - hell, look at our position without those extra members.

I'm sorry if Mistu feel so threatened by us, but we would have been a sucky kingmaker alliance if we had sat back and let LCH and/or Mistu speed away in their victory.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 09:18   #24
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

1up are playing cowardly. They did not dare to go for #1 straight away because they knew half the universe would try to stop them. (Hats off for LCH who did dare to go for #1.) The fact they say they don't go for #1 (which might be true) doesn't tell me anything. They said they wouldn't NAP last round.
Hats off? I wonder how many rabits jump out of their hat.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 09:25   #25
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
1up are playing cowardly. They did not dare to go for #1 straight away because they knew half the universe would try to stop them. (Hats off for LCH who did dare to go for #1.) The fact they say they don't go for #1 (which might be true) doesn't tell me anything. They said they wouldn't NAP last round.
Speaking about cowardly... vgn need their whole alliance to attack small gals?
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 09:29   #26
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

That was the first normal attack I helped organize. Do you like it?
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 09:40   #27
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Really? Since when did you become 1up HC and privvy to our meetings/discussions?

We haven't been gunning for number 1 this round and we even told our membership that. We could have easily gotten to #1 this round if we had simply kept our membership numbers up - hell, look at our position without those extra members.

I'm sorry if Mistu feel so threatened by us, but we would have been a sucky kingmaker alliance if we had sat back and let LCH and/or Mistu speed away in their victory.
'

If 1up had aimed for the #1 spot and started with 90ish members, they would have been the alliance to focus on from scratch, that always happens with an alliance who won last round. I can't say if 1up would have made it or not.. but for sure, the average roid/score would not have been so high as it is now.

I actually believe Mistu/lch and others would have made sure 1up had a very very bad start.. The chances with 67 members are a lot better for 1up, then with 100 members. Just cause you where not seen as a threat for the #1 spot in the beginning. This has benefit your average score/roids enormous.

If they are king/king makers or just benefit from the whole political game... We will see..
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 09:46   #28
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That was the first normal attack I helped organize. Do you like it?
The first time was better...
[1up]
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 09:59   #29
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storebo
Speaking about cowardly... vgn need their whole alliance to attack small gals?
Define small
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 10:04   #30
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:
Originally Posted by General1
Define small
Barely top50 in score.. but don't got the roids for the rank even.
[1up]
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 10:06   #31
The_Fish
ND

Even if they have always been aiming to be number 1, a side effect of it is that they have helped immensely to create a fun round. I can only see 2 winners now myself, but then a week ago I could only see 2 different winners, we'll see what happens with interest now.
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 10:07   #32
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storebo
Barely top50 in score.. but don't got the roids for the rank even.
You must have been Naughty then
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 10:21   #33
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:
Originally Posted by General1
You must have been Naughty then
I'm a very nice giving person actually.
[1up]
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 10:39   #34
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
At what point did you become so bitter and full of shit? You have absolutely no idea whats going on within 1up command. We have proven to be true to our word insofar as we didn't have a single agreement last round with any other alliance and we are not playing for #1 this round.

In addition, I'm not asking for people to blow sunshine up 1up's arse. 1up will do as we please, irrespective of what the populous of AD think. However, we fully believe we are playing the game as it should be played and not running round bleating to everyone to ally as soon as we get a bit of incoming (you know who you are and you aren't changing much history there :P ).

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 10:49   #35
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
1up are playing cowardly. They did not dare to go for #1 straight away because they knew half the universe would try to stop them.
Or maybe it's because everyone knows 1up have the ability to rise to the #1 spot, and don't need to prove anything? They're probably having more fun screwing the round up for everyone else than you lot are, playing "seriously".

Quote:
(Hats off for LCH who did dare to go for #1.)
Why? Because they tried to roid and play the classic game of PA? Well hats off, that's something new isn't it!

The thing is, even if 1up don't win this round, I bet they'll be remembered more than the winning alliance - simply for being the most influential in the entire round. And in a year or so's time, it'll be the alliances that are remembered that are important. Not those who won a round a couple of years ago.
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 11:27   #36
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

I think the Universe stinks for being on 1up's balls. And I also think it stinks for people to let them control the round. I also think it stinks that the top alliances have to come together to beat 60 members. I also think it stinks that Mistu has less roids than HR. The only alliance I have respect for is WP and HR. WP because they are wtfpwned and you don't see them EVER complaining. And HR because they are better than MISTU.
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 11:31   #37
Storebo
Adelante

1up made this game fun again... They stopped the constant blocking and made it a more open and fun game for everyone. Now the round doesn't stop for 95% of the universe 1-2 weeks after protection ends. When someone gets ahead people notice it and bring em down.. Until finally someone manages to rise above the others. But surely most alliances welcome the new free for all universe above the old blocking univserse i'd imagine..
[1up]
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 11:45   #38
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

if nothing else, this thread has confirmed Gerbie`s status ONCEMORE as a fair 'tard heh.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 11:47   #39
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Even if they have always been aiming to be number 1, a side effect of it is that they have helped immensely to create a fun round. I can only see 2 winners now myself, but then a week ago I could only see 2 different winners, we'll see what happens with interest now.
HA, finally getting used to the fact you will be buying me PA credits next round?

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 12:53   #40
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
if nothing else, this thread has confirmed Gerbie`s status ONCEMORE as a fair 'tard heh.
yea agreed, dont know what makes him that bittered.

i once enjoyed reading his posts but they get worse each time he posts.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 12:55   #41
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zo0f
HA, finally getting used to the fact you will be buying me PA credits next round?

lol zo0f :P

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 13:56   #42
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
yea agreed, dont know what makes him that bittered.

i once enjoyed reading his posts but they get worse each time he posts.
He's always been a terrible poster, just ignore him he's in a rubbish alliance, always has useless planets, isn't significant politically and unless you count looking at Sandmans he's about as far from the loop as you could get, hardly someone warrenting posting about.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 14:14   #43
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

My personal opinion is that either LCH or MISTU can win this round. In the end, i think both MISTU and LCH can get sick and tired of 1up playing the kingmaker. LCH has played a superb round so far, and if it wasn't for 1up mostly, they would be #1 by now uncontestedly. So what can LCH do to secure their victory and stop 1up from playing kingmakers, and taking away the victory from them, a victory which has been hard fought for the whole round?
This round has so far been incredible, very fluid and playable for almost everyone. Many alliances have had their big nights, and their rough nights. But at some point, there has to be a winner alliance. Which alliance would like to be remembered as "The alliance 1up wanted to win in r12"?
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 15:43   #44
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

What did 1up especially do, that made there influences in this round bigger then another alliance?
Sorry for asking such a stupid question, but I don't get it anymore.
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 16:00   #45
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
What did 1up especially do, that made there influences in this round bigger then another alliance?
Sorry for asking such a stupid question, but I don't get it anymore.
thunder, mate - you know i love you but your posts are really a pain in the arse

you always feel personal demoted or better said you feel LCH´s achievement reduced by saying 1up does a good job. You put to much your personal dislikes into your posts

LCH will win the round, nothing to fear mate but i tihnk you have to admit that 1up is doing a great job.

I would see it from a very different view, now you dont have one winning block who controls the game, now you got an alliance with a good lead but still other political weights who play their cards. and thats not only 1up, its also the other alliances atleast in the top 5 who do a great job and that means fun in this game/round.

hopefully there will be someone like 1up in future rounds.

(hehe)

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 16:02   #46
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

They had the balls of declaring war on LCH when they were getting away with the round. No other alliance did. They sat and waited for other alliances to gang up on LCH so they could take the easy roids. MISTU included.
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 16:31   #47
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

What the great mistu alliance did was to actually piggy both lch and 1up when they were at war. It must be some genious minds behind mistu politics.

The result of that policy should be pefectly clear now!
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 16:54   #48
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Mistu i believe are officially stepping out of the war, and out of the race for #1, as certain ppl feel there alliance is better off only killing ppl who hit a gal containing one of their 'influential' guys, rather than fight for a winning position.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 17:21   #49
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

seems a few allies dont want us to give LCH a fight o_0

Quote:
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 17:40   #50
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
They had the balls of declaring war on LCH when they were getting away with the round. No other alliance did. They sat and waited for other alliances to gang up on LCH so they could take the easy roids. MISTU included.
imho taking on the #1 alliance is nothing new, nothing special.. It's what should be done. What else where the options?

Well, I do make crap posts Legator.. but I just really don't know how some people are thinking

Last edited by Lord_Thunderball; 11 Nov 2004 at 17:59.
Lord_Thunderball is offline   Reply With Quote