User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Oct 2004, 20:39   #1
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
By having a free planet...

...how badly will I be hampered as far as game-play?*

*Keep in mind that actual time devoted to game-play each day will be minimal at best.
Unread 23 Oct 2004, 20:41   #2
jvg
legion pe0n

jvg is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: By having a free planet...

well pretty bad heh depends on your luck with gals
Pa crew have made some strange thing thou. So you will only join suckky gals. its seems you cant join a good gal or something. Not sure what they have done heh. would actually like to know what the big idea is

<Azuth> I've done alot of Crazy things for PA
<Azuth> Telling a nekkid girl I can't stay over anyway as I have to go home and save my gal is right up there with spraining my foot with my bare hands to up my activity
jvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2004, 20:44   #3
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about

By "sucky" do you mean lumped with a galaxy devoid of any paid accounts then?

P.S. It's been approximately four minutes and I'm still waiting on my confirmation e-mail.*

*No, I'm not using a free provider.
Unread 23 Oct 2004, 20:54   #4
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

you'll only be able to mine 200ish roids, and won't be able to do most of the other researches.

basically, you can either:
attack other freebies in the hopes of stealing their roids
initiate up to 200 roids and be bored / farmed
covert op people you don't like, with the lamer covert ops

that said, if you're not in a big alliance, these options seem fairly close to what you'd get as a paid account

-mist
Unread 23 Oct 2004, 20:56   #5
jvg
legion pe0n

jvg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbieRogue4

P.S. It's been approximately four minutes and I'm still waiting on my confirmation e-mail.*

sucky i mean unpaid always under attack gals hell if u end up in mine i would pay for u =P

<Azuth> I've done alot of Crazy things for PA
<Azuth> Telling a nekkid girl I can't stay over anyway as I have to go home and save my gal is right up there with spraining my foot with my bare hands to up my activity
jvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2004, 21:01   #6
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvg
sucky i mean unpaid always under attack gals hell if u end up in mine i would pay for u =P

Why?

HR4 is a pain
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 09:28   #7
HobbieRogue4
etc.

It's been several hours. Still no e-mail. This is irritating, when looking at my Net provider also being my e-mail provider.

I have a feeling that such a delay will ultimately harm my chances of a Top 10 finish.

:((((
Unread 25 Oct 2004, 13:03   #8
HobbieRogue4
etc.

I'm still waiting...
Unread 25 Oct 2004, 17:52   #9
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

have you tried prodding a pateam member in #support, or re-requesting the mail from the login page ( password recovery form ) , after having checked its not got filtered as spam
Unread 27 Oct 2004, 00:49   #10
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

I have been thinking about this and I am wondering about if you are going to go random, if you would be better off not paying for a while, reaping those free roids, getting nice and big, then paying and trying to quickly research the required mining things. If you time it right and are lucky i think you may well get away better.

Anyone want to discuss?
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2004, 00:58   #11
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

how would you get more roids as a freebie than as a paid planet?

i don't see the cunning part of you plan...

-mist
Unread 27 Oct 2004, 01:23   #12
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

steal them. if you look right now there are loads of nice targets in the free part and very few in the paid. Just have to hope that once you pay you can get the research to mine them fast, thus giving you a few ticks of huge income before they are stolen, however been random gals are usually not great anyway for defence or activity, the time with near imunity in the free side and then the few ticks of boosted income may mean you are better off.

Thats my theory at least

Cm
Unread 27 Oct 2004, 08:30   #13
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

um, theres only one part where you can attack m8 :/

the c200s are a no fly zone.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2004, 08:35   #14
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

You cant attack in c200?? bugger. that will be the problem then......
Unread 27 Oct 2004, 11:21   #15
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

if u r in c200 u can attack c200 people, but why would u be in c200?

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2004, 12:17   #16
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Go to c200, attack non-stop, get loads of roids, then come back at the end with a huge planet.

Rocket Science
Unread 27 Oct 2004, 12:27   #17
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

its rather slow getting roids in c200 and the XP gains will be lower as well

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2004, 12:33   #18
Forest

Its also safer. Roid people that wont get defence, and dont worry about an orgainsed alliance sending wave after wave at u.
Unread 27 Oct 2004, 16:05   #19
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As an old player reading this thread, I've just decided to go and play a free planet. Let's see how it goes...
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 00:47   #20
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

but i thought you couldnt mine more than 200 roids due to restrictions. still looks better than playing in the paid universe.
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 00:53   #21
Forest

whats stopping u being a paid planet and getting urself exiled there?
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 01:02   #22
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

That possible? That would be the best way to do it though.
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 11:01   #23
randal
boring

randal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to all

they made the free planets so totally boring and pointless (at least after a week) and inable to join alliances or clusteralliances (cause of eta etc..) to keep new players away i guess, there's no other explanation for those ridiculous restrictions

must be cause of the servers and stuff, yes i'm sure it is
randal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 14:56   #24
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonentity
As an old player reading this thread, I've just decided to go and play a free planet. Let's see how it goes...
Well, 24 hours later it's going pretty well. I'm following a helpful 72 hour tick plan, with a couple of amendments since everyone will already have ships once I come out of protection. Helpfully my new MoD sent me a lot of resources, so I'm roid-fat and getting ready to build ships.

After the personal fiasco that was round 10, especially after the ship-stats back then, I'm actually having a bit of fun at the moment. I'll keep everyone updated about attacking and stuff - an old PA player's view on what it's like to return to what certainly used to be one hell of a game.

Oh, and I've already upgraded said MoD had a couple of spare credits....

one downside: if only i'd been the new player in Sid's gal

-furball
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 15:00   #25
Forest

Are u in the c200's

/me would like to have a pot at getting a top 10 planet using only c200 till end of round
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 15:10   #26
furball

Nope, I'm in the paid universe started there
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 15:34   #27
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
...how badly will I be hampered as far as game-play?*

*Keep in mind that actual time devoted to game-play each day will be minimal at best.
lo Hobbie! I also have a free account. The 200 roids limit sucks though. Also my gal is quite lame. I started 72 ticks late an I am ranked #3. But since my level of game play is limited to 10 minutes a day I don't really care. Wanna go roid huntin' with me?

Laputa

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 15:40   #28
Forest

shouldnt u ahve 48 free accounts?
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 15:46   #29
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold

nah my neighbors, cats, dogs and other pets are too tired to play atm....maybe next round!

Unread 28 Oct 2004, 15:54   #30
Forest

:d
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 16:50   #31
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

do you think jolt/PA would let us share a C200 planet for the round for the purpose of research? somehow i think not but may be worth a try
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 17:01   #32
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Im having a freebie.

I roid n00bs. I defend my alliance. I play a bad target, so I dont get attacked.
There you go hobbie
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 06:52   #33
Rampage
over 9000

Rampage is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Caught in the act, sad hoobie , sad ! :P
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 13:54   #34
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
Caught in the act, sad hoobie , sad ! :P
TISK TISK!

An HC actually reading these forums! Shameful!

laputa, Zhukov: I'd be happy to join you guys, only, well, let's try the password recovery thingy... I cba to ask a PAtty Team Member, heh.
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 14:01   #35
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Apparently, my e-mail isn't in the system. Therefore, I've signed up a new one...
Unread 30 Oct 2004, 11:15   #36
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:
TISK TISK!
laputa, Zhukov: I'd be happy to join you guys, only, well, let's try the password recovery thingy... I cba to ask a PAtty Team Member, heh.
Tell me when you are out of protection...roids are waitin

Unread 30 Oct 2004, 11:44   #37
HobbieRogue4
etc.

This is bullshit... still no confirmation e-mail OR return password from my new planet.

I can't say I'm disappointed.