User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Aug 2004, 12:12   #1
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

BoredOfThis is an unknown quantity at this point
Vacation Mode - Whats the point?

This is quite topical atm, i am wondering what alliances are going to do about members who go into vac mode to avoid incc instead of sticking it out like men, they retreat like girls?

Allthough i doubt alliance HC's will do anything as some of them are in vac mode themselves! (lo RJ) but thats by-the-by. Wht purpose does a player in vac mode serve your alliance?

I mean, really.....

They get taken out of vac mode anyway in the last few days so its not as if vac mode will save their roids. Wheras their fleets could be used in the mean time for defending members

This game is about dignity, pride, honour and accomplishment.

Vac mode is a sore option

my 2 pence
BoredOfThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 12:16   #2
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Vacation Mode - Whats the point?

Im not sure if there is any dignity or pride to be gained in being roided into the ground and having your fleet shot to bits. At least i suppose that is how they percieve it.

You could easily argue that there is far more honour in fighting to the death.

We get these threads every round, and the debate usualy revolves around these two points.

Pragmatists vs Idealists.
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 12:29   #3
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

vacatiomode should be used for what it's meant for, if someone goes on holiday for 2 weeks. When that person is gone, he has no use for the alliance either but atleast he can keep his roids and ships untill he gets back.

going into vacationm8 imo is pretty lame if it's used because you lost or something like that.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 12:51   #4
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOfThis
Allthough i doubt alliance HC's will do anything as some of them are in vac mode themselves! (lo RJ) but thats by-the-by.

IN RealJames' def, he quit also for some real life reasons, and not to avoid incomming.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 14:51   #5
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

At the end of the day the only people whining are the ones who can't steal there roids (with the exception of KJ who likes replying to most threads).

I don't think it matters who enters vac mode now.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 5 Aug 2004 at 15:23.
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 14:58   #6
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

neh. i think its cool people go into vacaction mode. makes it easier to roid their galm8s
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 16:01   #7
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal2112
neh. i think its cool people go into vacaction mode. makes it easier to roid their galm8s

been there, done that, now we want the rest
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 16:03   #8
jvg
legion pe0n

jvg is an unknown quantity at this point

Cant see any problem with going into Vacation Mode if u expect incoming. dont think alliances will do much some cant defence their members totally and they cant kick everyone, becuz there aint many good players out there ready to join ( hi small universe) . i would prolly do the same if i knew i would get a 32232 waves incoming next tick

<Azuth> I've done alot of Crazy things for PA
<Azuth> Telling a nekkid girl I can't stay over anyway as I have to go home and save my gal is right up there with spraining my foot with my bare hands to up my activity
jvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 16:11   #9
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Please tell me you were only in Legion for Round 7 ?
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 16:21   #10
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

not sure what this is all about....

but in case you didn't know, there are ppl who actually go on vacation and have fun elsewhere without pa. When i am on vacation i wouldn't like to return to a dead planet .. so vacation mode isn't only used to run to safety (though the ppl that do are quite sad and i don't quite understand why they even "play" the game)
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 16:48   #11
jvg
legion pe0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Please tell me you were only in Legion for Round 7 ?
Didn't stop silver city from going into vacation. Im just making the statement, if u cant see other ways out of losing many roids it might be a good tactic. IT might be impossible for your alliance and your friends to defence it.... It can be heavy work for your alliance aswell. not like everyone has uber 1337 1up as alliance
I meself have never gone into vacation for that reason i have found a way
been in legion two rounds still in legion playing swg =P

<Azuth> Telling a nekkid girl I can't stay over anyway as I have to go home and save my gal is right up there with spraining my foot with my bare hands to up my activity
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 16:53   #12
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
vacatiomode should be used for what it's meant for, if someone goes on holiday for 2 weeks. When that person is gone, he has no use for the alliance either but atleast he can keep his roids and ships untill he gets back.

going into vacationm8 imo is pretty lame if it's used because you lost or something like that.

wow, i agree there with kj

if i would be hc i think they should be removed.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 17:25   #13
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows

but in case you didn't know, there are ppl who actually go on vacation and have fun elsewhere without pa. When i am on vacation i wouldn't like to return to a dead planet .. so vacation mode isn't only used to run to safety (though the ppl that do are quite sad and i don't quite understand why they even "play" the game)
i can only say... LMAO.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 22:16   #14
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

i cant win, so if i manage to get really really fat i'd go into vacationmode just to annoy those who want my roids..... i mean, if i cant win, or my alliance cant win, why cant i be an arse?

tbh, if ppl want to go into vacationmode just to avoid being waved by ppl 3 times their value everytime they hit 1000 roids, i kinda understand them. Not saying its brave, however its less frustrating

tonight i'm gonna suicide my fleet, a little because i'm getting bored, but mostly because i'm moving on sunday and wont be able to get much online till round is over anyway.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 03:37   #15
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

Vacation is a valid tactic. It can force others to do things that could upset potential victory.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 04:39   #16
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

running into vacation to avoid hostiles is a cowardly act. You're hurting your galaxy and your alliance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 05:21   #17
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

a galaxy and alliance that cant get incs covered anyway?

indeed......

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 05:41   #18
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

He's just frustrated about it.

"**** I can't get to those roids!"
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 05:50   #19
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows

he meant people who go into vac-mode because they fear they get incomings.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 07:38   #20
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
a galaxy and alliance that cant get incs covered anyway?

indeed......
what about those poor gal m8s who stick it out and dont go into vac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
He's just frustrated about it.

"**** I can't get to those roids!"
yea, umm, frustrated. Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 09:58   #21
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath
what about those poor gal m8s who stick it out and dont go into vac?

yea, umm, frustrated. Whatever.
If your in the same alliance you will prolly all go into vac, if you aren't its there call, but at the end of the day its whatever you think is right.

I don't lke vac, but if someone is loosing loads of roids and wants a break to save there roids and score I don't see why anyone should be chastised for it.

1up are so big eventually they will get through for the roids.

If it was at a point earlier in the game were the battle was still to be fought you would have an argument, but lets face it the battles over now and ppl should be able to relax rather than covering incommngs every night.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 10:50   #22
Dinobot
Former [1up] Hustler

Dinobot is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess your traget went into Vac mode before you launched eh Dready

"Those of us who are truly brave, will never live in fear."
Dwayne Johnson

Loved the extra life with [1up]
Honoured to have walked the dark path with Eclipse,
Proud to have been Xanadu,
But my heart will always be with Ministry
Dinobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 11:07   #23
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

i allways thought a whole alliance/block going into vacation mode was quite fun, but maybe thats just me - certainly its really nice ot have 3 days off constant incs etc

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 11:15   #24
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
i can only say... LMAO.
ha ha you were dead when we returned pwned lol etc
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 11:29   #25
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
ha ha you were dead when we returned pwned lol etc
all the more fun to fight back i'm top 100 now btw... top 50 roidcount... how's your planet doing which actually used the vac mode ?

proving my point.. not using vac mode > vac mode
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 11:30   #26
cypher
U've been Moderated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
If your in the same alliance you will prolly all go into vac, if you aren't its there call, but at the end of the day its whatever you think is right.

I don't lke vac, but if someone is loosing loads of roids and wants a break to save there roids and score I don't see why anyone should be chastised for it.

1up are so big eventually they will get through for the roids.

If it was at a point earlier in the game were the battle was still to be fought you would have an argument, but lets face it the battles over now and ppl should be able to relax rather than covering incommngs every night.
it's been going on for a while... it has NOT just started... it started when 1up didn't win this round yet.... now cuz of all those vac moders it's basically won heh
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 11:37   #27
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
it's been going on for a while... it has NOT just started... it started when 1up didn't win this round yet.... now cuz of all those vac moders it's basically won heh
what is "quite a while"?

Last week or so if so my comments stand. If you have valid proof of it happning say 2-3 weeks ago I will say "bad vaccers!" but apart from that stop whinging

We know you boys are in roid collection mode, but since you have won I think its a valid thing to do
Proud to be Independent
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 11:41   #28
cypher
U've been Moderated

i thought we were in killing enemy mode:P i hope so tbh my rank still sucks atm:P

even tho it's my first pax round:P
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 11:44   #29
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
i thought we were in killing enemy mode:P i hope so tbh my rank still sucks atm:P

even tho it's my first pax round:P
You know this is the safest time to attack and if you're an efficient roider (like you are) you get good roids. Stop being a whiner like dreadnoob or will have to spank you
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 6 Aug 2004 at 14:16.
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 12:27   #30
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
i cant win, so if i manage to get really really fat i'd go into vacationmode just to annoy those who want my roids..... i mean, if i cant win, or my alliance cant win, why cant i be an arse?
lmfao!
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 19:13   #31
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
i allways thought a whole alliance/block going into vacation mode was quite fun, but maybe thats just me - certainly its really nice ot have 3 days off constant incs etc
isnt it sad if the pa mentor team or pateam advertises lameness or better the exploiting of an playersupport ingame feature to gain advantage or to pressure your enemy ? (this feature was meant for ppl who CANT play the game during their absence not for those who dont want to lose)

Certainly going into vacmode (and not only for 3 days) for no other reason than to remove yourself from the foodchain goes along the line of ppl going to the bathroom in a pokermatch when they are losing or playing the ball in the off etc etc. Commonly known as "foul" or "lame".
But as i said above its nice to see that advertised as "fun" if the loser bails out to save some rankings like in r9.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 19:29   #32
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

What you refer to in rnd 9 as lame actually ended a lame block and helped get the game back in motion. It's not a preferred tactic, but sometimes people don't have better options.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 19:37   #33
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
What you refer to in rnd 9 as lame actually ended a lame block and helped get the game back in motion. It's not a preferred tactic, but sometimes people don't have better options.

it didnt help up splitting a block. The block splitted cause of WP-Eclipse issues. Dont flattern yourself, nahrs vacmode had nothing to do with it.

The game is supposed to have a winner and a loser. Why does the loser need options apart from losing ?

R9 was a selfmade desaster for vvomm not only did they push other alliances to the limit by announcing their block but also gave ppl alot of space for dislike and hence united them by badmouthing and their own arrogance.
Like in r6 furgion you get what you ask for and its a shame that ppl who "deserve" it try to avoid and hide in lameness.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 19:51   #34
Axis_WLF

has anyone NOT wanting roids complained about peeps going into vacation mode yet?
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 19:57   #35
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis_WLF
has anyone NOT wanting roids complained about peeps going into vacation mode yet?
Who doesnt want roids in PA?
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 20:00   #36
Axis_WLF

Lots of peeps want them. The question is who are they going to attack now to get them?
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 20:03   #37
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

Quote:
Lots of peeps want them. The question is who are they going to attack now to get them?
The gal/alliance mates the people in vac mode abandoned.
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 20:17   #38
Axis_WLF

Perhaps they will go into vacation mode to.
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 20:22   #39
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

Quote:
Perhaps they will go into vacation mode to.
Thats why its lame: see topic
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 22:37   #40
jvg
legion pe0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOfThis
Thats why its lame: see topic
the game allows this so... dont hate the player hate the game =P and i cant see a way they cant forbid it that easy tbh
i agree with axis on this one.

Unread 7 Aug 2004, 04:41   #41
Axis_WLF

I never said it was not lame, I just said it was valid.
Unread 7 Aug 2004, 05:55   #42
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'd like to think back in the day any Legion who dived into vacation mode and left their alliance mates to die would have been swiftly kicked Axis, I know that it’s valid but it’s still lame. This was always the policy in Fury and I'm sure the same stands for 1up, there should never be an excuse for people being cowards, I'd rather lose my entire fleet and all my asteroids saving my friends rather than go into vacation and protect bits of information in a database. Abuse of vacation mode is stupid, just delete your account if you don't care.

Also the break up of WEET in R9 was nothing to do with NAR going in vacation mode. It was caused by Wolfpack/Eclipse tension, nothing to do with you clown heads, if Wolfpack and ourselves had got on we'd have probably roided you into the ground for the rest of the round.

Last edited by Hicks; 7 Aug 2004 at 06:02.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2004, 11:37   #43
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
it didnt help up splitting a block. The block splitted cause of WP-Eclipse issues. Dont flattern yourself, nahrs vacmode had nothing to do with it.

The game is supposed to have a winner and a loser. Why does the loser need options apart from losing ?

R9 was a selfmade desaster for vvomm not only did they push other alliances to the limit by announcing their block but also gave ppl alot of space for dislike and hence united them by badmouthing and their own arrogance.
Like in r6 furgion you get what you ask for and its a shame that ppl who "deserve" it try to avoid and hide in lameness.

the block was goign to split at some point that much was evident, us going into vacation mode probably didn;t affect it, but it did give us some time to recover phyiscally and mentally and just have some fun. This game is about having fun - that is why someone plays a game, being bashed constantly is not fun - and in that we only went for 3 days off or so I don;t really see the problem - its also why i'm in favour of a fixed break in the middle of the round. It is very hard to keep up a high standard of play for a whole round withotu neglecting other parts of your life.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 7 Aug 2004, 13:20   #44
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
the block was goign to split at some point that much was evident, us going into vacation mode probably didn;t affect it, but it did give us some time to recover phyiscally and mentally and just have some fun. This game is about having fun - that is why someone plays a game, being bashed constantly is not fun - and in that we only went for 3 days off or so I don;t really see the problem - its also why i'm in favour of a fixed break in the middle of the round. It is very hard to keep up a high standard of play for a whole round withotu neglecting other parts of your life.
dont try to hide the real intentions. You guys went into vacation mode to be lame and to force a split not because you needed a recovery. Atleast thats what you advertised all over the place and especially ppl with bigger planets were the first to run.
Sadly its a matter of fact that your alliance went only in vacmode because half your members abandoned you (those in mixed gals).

Favouring a break in the middle is a totally different story and ive not seen yet a good idea for it, especially since "the middle" is not determined by time but by the path of the rounds progress. So it will be hard to determine when its right to have a halftime and when not.

P.S. its rediculous that nahr needed a halftime break after 1 week of incomings. Vvoom got beaten by them and weet for a month straight and noone cared. Especially considering nahr was always the loudest voice in favour of bashing and on and on. Intention was clearly not bring a split (as they knew they would lose).
So dont make up lame excuses if anyone the vvomm ppl should have vacmoded and that right from the start. What they did partly but not nahr, they just joined the bandwagon in a vain hope to get a better position themself and to sort thier internal and coordination problems by exploiting an ingame feature out of pure lameness (to create boredom for the winning fraction so they would split up and would give more players to your cause).
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet

Last edited by Razorback; 7 Aug 2004 at 13:25.
Unread 7 Aug 2004, 14:15   #45
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

i think that people going into a vacation without a reason ( i mean getting a whole alliance going onto vacation its not really a real vacation but some lame tricks) should be reopened or even some deleted, as i think , its somehow a false use of a features in a game to take advantage of other players in the game. which mean somehow "cheating".

my 2 cents

Quote:
Any action in game intended to let one account gain score at
the direct cost of another with the main intend being the score
gain for the one account. Any such action will be regarded as a
breach of this agreement, and is punishable by various
punitive measures(2).
wirk this around, and you will see that if people get to vacation, they do gain score at direct cost of other, by not being targetable planet in attention and their score are being fixed while other loose score.
my point is if its done massively and for a clear purpose who wasnt the initial idea, close the planet or unvacation mode him.
Unread 7 Aug 2004, 16:20   #46
Axis_WLF

<---would never go into vacation mode. Just the peeps bickering calling it abuse etc, I said its valid meaning legal, able to use etc etc.

Vacation mode IS lame, dishonorable, greedy and much more. Anyone in Legion going into vacation mode WOULD be swiftly kicked as their of no use to an alliance in vacation mode. Heh dont compare me to them, as I just said it was valid cause of the whiners saying everything as close to the cheat word as possible.
Unread 7 Aug 2004, 17:34   #47
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
i think that people going into a vacation without a reason ( i mean getting a whole alliance going onto vacation its not really a real vacation but some lame tricks) should be reopened or even some deleted, as i think , its somehow a false use of a features in a game to take advantage of other players in the game. which mean somehow "cheating".

my 2 cents

wirk this around, and you will see that if people get to vacation, they do gain score at direct cost of other, by not being targetable planet in attention and their score are being fixed while other loose score.
my point is if its done massively and for a clear purpose who wasnt the initial idea, close the planet or unvacation mode him.

they don't gain, they just don't loose

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 7 Aug 2004, 17:41   #48
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
they don't gain, they just don't loose
So it is legit to go into vacation mode while you have incomings (apparently thats possible this round) to prevent further waves on you because your alliance defence is depleted ?
So after i covered the first wave and see that the 2nd might be covered but for the 3rd defence is predicted as not available i call it a night and run into vacation ?

In old pa atleast you couldnt get into vacmode while own fleets were out or you had incomings on your planet. This seems to be a huge step back if its now possible.

By removing themself from the foodchain they simply increase pressure on the remaining "targets" as they will receive incomings more often and ofc they will -unfairly- influence the hostile policy of beating a block. If the block goes in an organised way into vacation they basically ruin the game for their opponents, regardless of the possible outcome.
Last but not least, if you cacluate roidgrowth and scoregrowth carefully you could further "end" a round prior to tickstop, by simply going all into vacationmode and saving your roids and score for x weeks.
I wouldnt advertise such a scenario if i was you. Imagine 1up now going into vacationmode. even if they get raided the last 2-3 days from the rest of the universe permanently prolly the gasp would still be huge enough for them to win. i would call such a possible scenario also lame.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 7 Aug 2004, 17:46   #49
Axis_WLF

[quote=Razorback]So it is legit to go into vacation mode while you have incomings (apparently thats possible this round) to prevent further waves on you because your alliance defence is depleted ?

Now this would make a difference and would then not be valid or legit. If this is true were the crew smoking crack?
Unread 7 Aug 2004, 19:00   #50
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
So it is legit to go into vacation mode while you have incomings (apparently thats possible this round) to prevent further waves on you because your alliance defence is depleted ?
So after i covered the first wave and see that the 2nd might be covered but for the 3rd defence is predicted as not available i call it a night and run into vacation ?

In old pa atleast you couldnt get into vacmode while own fleets were out or you had incomings on your planet. This seems to be a huge step back if its now possible.

By removing themself from the foodchain they simply increase pressure on the remaining "targets" as they will receive incomings more often and ofc they will -unfairly- influence the hostile policy of beating a block. If the block goes in an organised way into vacation they basically ruin the game for their opponents, regardless of the possible outcome.
Last but not least, if you cacluate roidgrowth and scoregrowth carefully you could further "end" a round prior to tickstop, by simply going all into vacationmode and saving your roids and score for x weeks.
I wouldnt advertise such a scenario if i was you. Imagine 1up now going into vacationmode. even if they get raided the last 2-3 days from the rest of the universe permanently prolly the gasp would still be huge enough for them to win. i would call such a possible scenario also lame.

you can go into vacation mode at any time - but the incomings keep coming it does't recall the ships only an account closure does that.

i'm not saying vacation mode can't be abused, but i do think at times it is a valid tactic

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???