User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 2 Jun 2004, 01:25   #1
pathogen
Pathogen

pathogen has a little shameless behaviour in the past
A Question

I'm just wondering but what do ppl look for in a alliance
pathogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 01:28   #2
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A Question

A nice community spirt with decent players.

Active command to organise and always do best for the alliance.

Active BCs to organise defence and attacks and others members to defend and attack all the time

[edit, might add more later but its currently 01:30am ]

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 01:50   #3
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

Professionalism .... always professionalism from the alliance staff.

This means being competent in what you do, be it running attacks and defence, or setting up infrastructure (basic IRC channels using P invite, not just keys, or web-forums, or whatever you think you can use). Nobody wants to play under a child or be part of amateur hour.

Even the good community alliances, when they do choose to do something game oriented tend to be professional in that regard.
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 01:55   #4
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Friends. Success achieved by good structure in methods mentioned by Cayl there.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 04:12   #5
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

A chance to learn, and to win.
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 04:23   #6
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

Good leadership and a memberbase that is disciplined. without this combo = loss
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 05:17   #7
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point

Good people and good leadership. I don't mind if we never end up #1, but I hate when nobody in the chan talks.
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 07:20   #8
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough

Depending on what your reasons are for playing the game.

Pathogen, if im right, your trying to recruit for a medium sized alliance. Players who have played before and arent too serious about playing but still wanna be involved will normally be looking for a mid sized alliance.

New players look for alliances which they think make them a big wheel in the PA world, so they want some place easy to get into and will earn them respect from other players.

Established dedicated players want an alliance that can cover everything, get them attacks at least once a day and have an extensive set up of tools, an irc server, officer and HC system, intel, and to be not around new players who make rookie mistakes while raiding.

#phnx
Nofutcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 07:23   #9
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

i demand a good community and a very organized alliance, in my impression you can "only play for fun" if every hand works together.

that means good defense and attacks in one hand with a good community.

the game or alliance is no fun for me (my opinion) if attacks and def suck.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 09:09   #10
TAFKAJ
BEER!

TAFKAJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Whatever alliance Leggy makes is enuff :-)
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 09:15   #11
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Just join HR It's a good place for starters. They are nice people, helpiing out new ppl as good as they can + afaik their tools are quit good too.
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 09:42   #12
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

alliance structure and stable command members. Good community with at least 10 ppl I would class as friends and decent activity to guarantee good attacks and defence.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 10:49   #13
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

People who see alliances as zero-sum systems (that is, people who accept that to be able to receive from an alliance, one must give). This doesn't just mean defense and attacks.

People who fit into the same alliance and game paradigms as myself. An example of this is when Agamemnon joined Deus, his way of thinking about raids (that is, to win a war don't ever go for the largest targets, just whittle away at the base and the top will come tumbling down) meshed perfectly with mine. Instant karma. An example of the opposite is when I took on the position of techie for Eclipse, Killghost (who is probably a nice guy and all that) and I had completely different ways of thinking about how tech should be done. In the end nothing ever got done, since whenever he pushed, I lost motivation and spent time doing other things. When I started falling seriously behind schedule I left Eclipse rather than hang around as deadweight. From what I hear my replacements did a decent job.

Most of all I enjoy communities that can take the piss, who will be forgiving when people lose their tempers and who know eachothers names. Revolving door alliances where faceless drones who lack personality wander in and out every week don't give much reason to stay. I left RaH in round 8 in part for this reason, the old faces were leaving and the new ones weren't quite as much fun.

And as much as I enjoy doing well, the roids don't shine quite as brightly for me anymore (which is why I don't actually play anymore, despite still frequenting some PA player communities), so whether an alliance can hack it or not isn't very important to me. Even when I was doing extremely well in round 5, I was in a quite worthless alliance (Discordium) because it had a lot of personalities and familiar faces. I never got much defense from them and I can't remember there being a single attack organized, but just having access to the private channel made it worthwhile.
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 10:53   #14
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I don't know, but I've seem to have found it in Ministry

friendship, fun, loyalty, knowing that whatever happens, you lot stay together.
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 11:03   #15
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
I don't know, but I've seem to have found it in Ministry

friendship, fun, loyalty, knowing that whatever happens, you lot stay together.
I gotta be honest Ministry is one of my favorie alliances - mucho fun and the hc deserve credit for that - I don't think I will leave them in the other game that they play in as they are pretty amazing guys and gals (always a chance I could be kicked for inactivity though )
Proud to be Independent
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 11:05   #16
Game'

Game' is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
I gotta be honest Ministry is one of my favorie alliances - mucho fun and the hc deserve credit for that - I don't think I will leave them in the other game that they play in as they are pretty amazing guys and gals (always a chance I could be kicked for inactivity though )
Hmmmmm i remember having a very different conversation with you 2 rounds ago, about how good ministry were
Game' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 11:36   #17
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game'
Hmmmmm i remember having a very different conversation with you 2 rounds ago, about how good ministry were
i don't

LOL

i have been a mmber fr 3 rounds now - and tbh its nice to be in alliance wihout any pressure r expectation. Hwever I jus went to hop on the server and it looks like my recent inactivity means I can't play with tem next round - oh well more time for baby and gf

Hows you kev?

U ok?
Proud to be Independent
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 11:37   #18
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAJ
Whatever alliance Leggy makes is enuff :-)

/me licks TAFKAJ
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 12:57   #19
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Lots of homoeroticism
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 18:10   #20
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

fun, friends, cyber, and depending if i intend to actually play they need to have a semi decent playerbase.
which is why i like places as R6B. always fun and they'd do everything for each other...
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 20:29   #21
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auro
Good people and good leadership. I don't mind if we never end up #1, but I hate when nobody in the chan talks.
i talk when there.....
/me beats up Auro, sticks a 12" nail up his butt then casts a spell on his future children to be even shorter than himself.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 01:24   #22
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis_WLF
Good leadership and a memberbase that is disciplined. without this combo = loss
Are you playing again!?
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 01:47   #23
Stealth
Potentate

Stealth is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Just join HR It's a good place for starters. They are nice people, helpiing out new ppl as good as they can + afaik their tools are quit good too.
No offense, but I don't see Path asking to join an alliance.

From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 02:23   #24
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

thats because he isnt, merely trying to find out what people look for when they join an alliance, and what makes a good alliance, ermm.. good.

personally im in an alliance for the community first, and the chance to win second. but both are important, and work together well, a good community is generally an active community, and an active community can work together better for the win.
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 02:24   #25
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathogen
I'm just wondering but what do ppl look for in a alliance
minty.

Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 02:27   #26
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

I wanna heh Psi, dunno who is recruiting though.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 05:36   #27
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

i havent joined an alliance in years :\

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 03:59   #28
Silk_311x
Free

Silk_311x will become famous soon enoughSilk_311x will become famous soon enough

The reason I joined an alliance was for friendship, great battles (both in victory and defeat) and some good conversation !
Silk_311x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 13:51   #29
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Mistu had most of what I expect from an alliance. Experienced staff. Attacks and good DCs. People who know that having fun is as important as winning, but who really does try to win too. Activity. Organization. Loyality.
Then I got kicked

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 17:43   #30
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

i look for:

Good leadership and stability, well organised and where there is a good chance of attacks/defence being given/received. Also i look for an ally which has ppl i know in..afterall, im playing for fun, and i get my fun from being with my friends
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 17:49   #31
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Lots of homoeroticism

and cute butts
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 00:14   #32
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
and cute butts
That would be me then

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 11:15   #33
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

so 1up for buttlovers? :P

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 12:06   #34
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

I look for a great community, a loyal memberbase and people I can call friends.
From my long time in ely (933 days, *sniff*), I can say it is the best pa experience I have ever had. The command members have my utmost respect and I will always concider them friends. I also look for skill and professionalism (Racer), friends to discuss everyday things with, like coding (Coding Racer, cheerios) and people to just chat with.. (Senater, butter, stifler + those allready mentioned + the rest of command).

Bottom line is, without the community, there cannot be loyalty.

Loyalty & Respect.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 21:53   #35
virogenesis
Proud ex EnTitY bc

virogenesis is infamous around these partsvirogenesis is infamous around these parts

if i got the choice it would have to be honour, loyality & respect.....
ummm please don't ask me to reply as i will not be able to reply until atleast tomorrow due to computer probs.
10:04| »» <Vir> |10:02| »» <Zhil> Kj doesnt need taunting <---- true he only needs a mirror
|10:04| »» <Vir> |10:05| »» <Zhil> lol
|10:05| »» <Zhil> I just got the image |10:05| »» <Zhil> of KJ
|10:05| »» <Zhil> being a budgie |10:05| »» <Vir> lmao
|10:05| »» <Zhil> and going "Pretty FAnG boy!" |10:05| »» <Zhil> talking into the mirror |10:05| »» <Zhil> little bell "ding ding ding"
Former: TRG, SL, AIM, ND, G-ii, EtY, ICD [1up], ReUnioN
virogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 04:09   #36
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
and cute butts
Like Screech?!
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 05:07   #37
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by virogenesis
if i got the choice it would have to be honour, loyality & respect.....
ummm please don't ask me to reply as i will not be able to reply until atleast tomorrow due to computer probs.
was wondering where you been viro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote