User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Sep 2012, 19:02   #101
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of
Re: The diary of a newbie [long]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio View Post
I returned to the game and landed in a Fockers gal. Although I tried to get communications going I got no response. Then, I exiled myself into another Fockers gal. Same story. Finally, I landed in a gal which is filled with DFWTK and tbh... there isnt much communications going as well, but at least there is a galchan!
From what I've heard during my brief stints on IRC this round, The Fockers galaxies all provide #planetarion as a galaxy channel.

Some opinions may differ, but I think that is a great place for new players to start in order to receive help and guidance - and I doubt your private galchan can top the amount of conversations going on there.
Unread 11 Sep 2012, 19:42   #102
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Imagine the following situation, Zaeji.

Me, happy camper newbie, reads gal message and decides to join the galaxychannel #planetarion

- I enter that channel and I am baffled. So many players and we have just 10 or 11 ingal! How does this work? I say: are you all from 1:1?
End of story. -

Although I agree with you it is a great place to find advice etcetera it is not what someone would expect. And donot forget that people tend to learn better when they are taken into a smaller group.

Second, Ive seen a galchan named #fockers.tv which was empty. That wasnt much of help, don't you agree?
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2012, 23:24   #103
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

yea nothing wrong in that, cept the annoying fact that it happens
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2012, 00:26   #104
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
I know I will regret this but care to explain how they are trying to ruin the game , I thought they were just lol waving their way through the top 20 planets
Except Shaz ofc.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2012, 00:37   #105
Knight

Knight is an unknown quantity at this point

they hit shaz....

Ultores peon
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2012, 00:46   #106
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

He's been told multiple times, ignore him, he's just fishing for a reaction.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 08:08   #107
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Man, Orwell was right, things really do go to pot when the swine are left in charge. If guys like "[DDK]gm" (what, couldn't afford to buy a vowel?) are what passes for PA players these days, I'm sad. It also reaffirms that there is nothing here worth coming back to.

Oh well. It was fun once.

/me heads back to his Proteus.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2012, 20:57   #108
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Sadly Tis you are right.

Well, 50% right.

It is people like GM that are keeping this game going.

If you wanna come back though, I am sure we can create merry hell and give the boring people a run for their money!
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2012, 13:37   #109
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point

How exactly is this experiment any different from the situation a few years ago Forest?

And henceforth, why are you all still here?
Unread 26 Oct 2012, 21:36   #110
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

about time you returned wipeout

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2012, 10:25   #111
WipeOut
Playboy

I have not returned, nor am I planning to. I just found myself bored at work one day and checked up on how things were going here. Sadly, but therefore not much less expected; nothing much has changed. I do not have the time to stay up nights and nearly become an Australian to cope with the incomings that are sent at my arrogant planet every night.

One can only be appreciative and frankly almost awe-struck by the amount of dedication most of you still have for this game, or should I say its community? In all honesty, I feel kind of sad not being part of the core that is currently still holding this community together as somewhere I believe I should have been part of exactly that core.

This place used to be a place of war, politics (backstabbing - yes I have done my fair share of that) and thriving discussions. I do not understand how any owner of this game (and thus "owner" of its respective community) cannot see the immense potential in that.

Imagine if this community would pack up and collectively move towards another game which allows for the same political scheming and interaction. You guys would simply crush any opposition simply due to your experience. I remember when a large portion of the community left for EVE.... You guys are worth so much more than the hard code of this game that Spinner once created (no disrespect intended). You are of immense value and if Jagex does not recognize this potential, you should honestly shit on their faces and go elsewhere, collectively.

This community is much like Facebook; its worth not defined by matter or substance, but by intellectual value and seemingly limitless potential (making a comparison here as a positive remark - let's forget about the stock deprival of FB stock for a moment).

I wish you guys all the best of luck, and if there would be anything I could do personally, I honestly would. Be it financial support or time, but even though you as a community deserve all the help you can get to turn this game to the good, Jagex sadly does not deserve a penny of my hard earned cash.

Good luck guys, and if there ever will be an answer from Jagex followed by some concrete action towards the positive of the game, I hereby swear that I will send every ex NoS player a message and pay for their planet if they would desire to come back for a round.
Unread 27 Oct 2012, 10:32   #112
WipeOut
Playboy

As an ex-AD mod I feel rather sorry for derailing a thread on AD completely, but I somehow have the feeling no one will give a shit.
Unread 27 Oct 2012, 15:52   #113
tobyy

tobyy is an unknown quantity at this point

its the 50th round next time.. it would be a great time for them to pull there finger out! but we all know we will get nothing
tobyy is offline   Reply With Quote