User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Jan 2006, 00:02   #1
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
[Mobiles]Motorola V3i

FAO Blastoderm and Rids I believe.

As I understand, this is like the v3, but the main problem you had with it was the small memory, this has a memory slot so what if anything is wrong with this phone, because I really like it.
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 00:42   #2
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: [Mobiles]Motorola V3i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
so what if anything is wrong with this phone
Everyone else will have one.

If you plan on printing out the pictures from the phones camera they wont look great as its only a 1 megapixel camera. Apart from that its fine if you like the motorola menus and how slow it takes for things to load up (e.g. when you recieve a text).
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 02:23   #3
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
Everyone else will have one.

If you plan on printing out the pictures from the phones camera they wont look great as its only a 1 megapixel camera. Apart from that its fine if you like the motorola menus and how slow it takes for things to load up (e.g. when you recieve a text).
That basically.

But on a positive side, I like the slimness of the v3/v3i. I don't own one yet (I did for the v3 until I found out its shit battery life) but I'd like to own the v3i for the looks.... and the metallic colour.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 11:03   #4
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

When I had a v3 the battery life was brilliant. It seems to be luck of the draw.
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 16:30   #5
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
When I had a v3 the battery life was brilliant. It seems to be luck of the draw.
I suppose so.

But generally their battery life is unbelievably shit.
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 16:57   #6
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Any news yet on the Nokia 6280? I'm still holding on....
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 17:00   #7
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Any news yet on the Nokia 6280? I'm still holding on....
They seem pretty cool actually. But its release is being delayed by a month (we were told we might get it in November, we're in the new year without the phone!).
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 18:27   #8
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

any idea on the latest release date?

I lost my phone in mid-November, am upgrading to the 6280 as soon as it's out. Still using a friend's old phone, and feeling guiltier by the day.
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 18:36   #9
Madina
TashTastic

We have been told early feb.
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 19:16   #10
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
We have been told early feb.
Also watch the release date delayed by another month just to piss everyone off.
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 22:40   #11
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

So much will the v3i cost sim free, when and where can i get it, and since when did madina work in a phone shop?
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 22:53   #12
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
So much will the v3i cost sim free, when and where can i get it, and since when did madina work in a phone shop?
I believe he works with o2 call centre if I'm not mistaken.

The v3i would set you back around £250-350 sim free. I'll double-check it if you're interested.
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 22:57   #13
Cannon_Fodder

Damn thats alot...

Yes please, and do you know how fast it depreciates?
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 23:01   #14
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Damn thats alot...

Yes please, and do you know how fast it depreciates?
I'd imagine in 6 months time, it will come out on a PAYG around the cost of £200-250.

Well that what happens to popular handsets anyway.
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 08:29   #15
Madina
TashTastic

Quote:
I started about 3 months ago. As im studying again I need some work.

I wouldnt buy the v3i sim free as it will be expensive. It may work out cheaper to get it free on the lowest tariff then ring them up and pay the year off all at once.

Blast: I do work in a o2 shop. I only know about the call centre stuff as I ring the poor sods quite a bit everyday.
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 11:16   #16
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
I suppose so.

But generally their battery life is unbelievably shit.
i agree the battery life is shit, mine lasts 48 hrs, i basically need to charge it every night (although i did drop it in a pint of water so that might be why...)

other than that the v3 is a great phone, and infact is the ideal phone imo, small, lightweight, looks good and makes phone calls.
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 11:20   #17
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
why not just get a contract?

if you want a cheap as **** contract try carphone warehouses new website venture thingy

heres a nice phone, for free, 9 months line rental 99p, 3 months 30 quid, the networks orange and well its damn cheap, theres other phones on it so just browse it and have a look
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 15:52   #18
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Blast: I do work in a o2 shop. I only know about the call centre stuff as I ring the poor sods quite a bit everyday.
My bad. I forgot whether you worked in the shop or the call centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
i agree the battery life is shit, mine lasts 48 hrs, i basically need to charge it every night (although i did drop it in a pint of water so that might be why...)
My ex-manager would only last 55 mins in a hour and a half conference call if he used the v3.
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 19:36   #19
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
why not just get a contract?
Because I dont use it that much, I nearly only send texts.

Quote:
if you want a cheap as **** contract try carphone warehouses new website venture thingy
If your saying try carphone warehouses website, its not new, and as of last night didnt have the v3i on the website.

Thats for the original v3