User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 13 Jul 2005, 00:45   #1
«Messiah»

«Messiah» is just really nice«Messiah» is just really nice«Messiah» is just really nice«Messiah» is just really nice«Messiah» is just really nice
Websites

I've just realised how dull my internet repertoire is. I check my mail, read the news on the BBC website, view my bank accounts, monitor some forums and look at a couple of shops.

So tell me which websites you look at, regularly or occasionally, entertaining informative or useful, amusing or geeky, which you think the rest of us should be looking at. Any blogs you regularly keep an eye on which make astute political points? Any news sites which make you laugh out loud daily? Any shops where you consistently find huge bargains?

I want to know anything and everything worthwhile on the internet, as I now have more time on my hands. An encyclopaedia of good websites, if you will.
«Messiah» is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 00:47   #2
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Websites

Quote:
Originally Posted by «Messiah»
as I now have more time on my hands.
i would have sacked you too
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 00:48   #3
«Messiah»

«Messiah» is just really nice«Messiah» is just really nice«Messiah» is just really nice«Messiah» is just really nice«Messiah» is just really nice

To start off, an interesting one I've started monitoring lately is a blog of sorts called PostSecret. Here, people write their secrets on a postcard, send it to an address and the best are posted every Sunday.

I'm not sure why I like it, but I find it strangely uplifting to realise that a) there are people more ****ed up than me and b) there are people just as ****ed up as me, whatever my issues.
«Messiah» is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 01:05   #4
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

We usually go to GD to realise stuff like that.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 01:12   #5
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

Google is your friend.

Now **** off and speak to him and not us.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 01:18   #6
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeach
Google is your friend.

Now **** off and speak to him and not us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
google is your friend

we sure as hell ****ing aren't

copy cat wannabe
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 01:25   #7
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think most people have a dull repetoire too. In my case a cycle of news & sport headlines, torrent sites, and GD make up 90% of my internet use

MrPeach, for some reason your avatar reminds me of Stephen Hawking, perhaps at a time when his illness was less severe. Something about the head tilt and the frail smile I think. "No offence."
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 01:28   #8
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My sites:

http://slate.msn.com

A *****ing* phenomenal opinion website that has extremely good articles if you don't mind digging for them.

http://www.npr.org
http://www.here-now.org
http://www.marketplace.org
http://www.theworld.org
http://www.transom.org

These are websites of public radio programs that you can listen to streaming. Sunday I was putting together a new desk and while I was doing the work I was listening to Fresh Air's piece on Smokey Robinson and the Miracles . It's great.

Other news I read:

http://www.nytimes.com
http://www.zdnet.com
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 01:44   #9
Yahwe
I am.

http://www.addictinggames.com/

usually keeps me amused
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 01:47   #10
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

usually keeps me amused
Very highbrow. I might even say aristorcratic.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 02:06   #11
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Oooo they have curve ball, I love curve ball.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 02:07   #12
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:

usually keeps me amused
I like.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 06:43   #13
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

These forums, various blogs, news.google.co.uk, Slashdot, The Register, The Pirate Bay + other torrent sites, Zmag, vcdquality.com and Wikipedia are my usual cycle. I very rarely run out of sites to look at I can always read blogs that are linked to the ones I read, then ones linked to those, etc.

Also the Audioscrobbler site that Skiddy posted is quite a useful way of finding similar bands to the ones you like who you can then go Google which leads to more results...etc.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 08:59   #14
Doogle

Doogle can only hope to improve

You don't want to do too much on the Internet in case it substitutes real life, you need a balance.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 09:32   #15
CamelToe
You Know I'm Right

CamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these parts

http://www.alldumb.com

a selection of a few of the funniest things in the world (and some of the dumbest too)

Don't act like you weren't thinking the same thing...

you should stop posting on these forums as you're CRAP
CamelToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 13:19   #16
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

http://www.worth1000.com PhotoShop site
http://www.killsometime.com/Addictive-Flash-Games.asp More Flashgames
http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com Dont know why i still have this
http://www.sixsixfive.com A list of amusing stuff people write/draw/photo/etc.
berzerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 16:41   #17
relik
schmuck

relik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
To start off, an interesting one I've started monitoring lately is a blog of sorts called PostSecret. Here, people write their secrets on a postcard, send it to an address and the best are posted every Sunday.

I'm not sure why I like it, but I find it strangely uplifting to realise that a) there are people more ****ed up than me and b) there are people just as ****ed up as me, whatever my issues.
One of the most oddly captivating sites I've ever seen...
relik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 18:44   #18
Viceroy
Toon Forever

Viceroy has a spectacular aura aboutViceroy has a spectacular aura aboutViceroy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Damn that site is really intense.
Kind of puts things into perspective when you see people with problems like that.

===Legend===

"One minute I'm waiting for Kate to arrive to join me in the Jacuzzi for a romantic evening. The next thing I can remember is doing cold turkey in a vomit-filled cell"
- Pete Doherty
<<<Not Legend>>>
Viceroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 18:53   #19
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i pretty much use this, mirc (more channels than #forums), and GBS.

although, i also spend a lot of time on KGS playing go (kgs.kiseido.com people)
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 19:19   #20
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

I look here and various link dumps (e.g. www.fark.com)

Also have things todo with the bittorrent world, http://snarf-it.org/.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 02:20   #21
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I find myself wasting hours a day on wikipedia. I will go on to find one peice of info and a link to something else in the entry I was looking for will drag me some where else and before i know it ive spent a few hours and am reading about something which is so far removed from what I was originally visting the site to find.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 05:12   #22
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
I find myself wasting hours a day on wikipedia. I will go on to find one peice of info and a link to something else in the entry I was looking for will drag me some where else and before i know it ive spent a few hours and am reading about something which is so far removed from what I was originally visting the site to find.
I've found myself doing the same at times, http://www.howstuffworks.com is good for that also.

http://www.linkydinky.com is also another good links depository.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 21:22   #23
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

These i use everyday in that order:

http://www.orkut.com
http://www.myspace.com
http://gmail.com
http://www.terra.com.br
http://mail.yahoo.com
http://www.google.com
http://forum.wars.com.br
http://pirate.planetarion.com

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 14:53   #24
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Most of the sites I visit people have already mentioned. I also browse the free articles at http://www.economist.com/ as well as reading www.capmag.com. Most of my time recently though has been playing the games on the arcade at www.urwins.com